Author Topic: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54374 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Che'tyrnadsat: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #540 on: May 10, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
> "Nothing, if the idea makes you uncomfortable."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #541 on: May 10, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
> "Nothing, if the idea makes you uncomfortable."

>"It's...yeah, I think I'm going to sit this one out," says Renko. "No offense, it's just not my thing."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #542 on: May 10, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »
> Nod.
> "That is fine. I would not force anyone into this task that does not want to take part."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #543 on: May 10, 2011, 04:53:52 PM »
> Nod.
> "That is fine. I would not force anyone into this task that does not want to take part."

>Renko nods.
>"So, what's the plan?" says Nue.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #544 on: May 10, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »
> "I admit that this would be substantially easier with a third person, but we will make do. The important thing is for us to lay down what Aya's skill set is, and what she knows and does not know about the situation, so we can figure out precisely how we want to manipulate her knowledge to our advantage."
> "Now then. She knows I have her camera, she knows I am trying to get a picture of her, and she knows that I am willing to take on short-term deception to do it. She does not know that I have tried to enlist the help of anyone else, nor that I may not necessarily possess her camera at any given time, as I do not believe she can see inside my purse at will. She is very perceptive, and a bit arrogant, as much as she will probably not admit the latter. Optimal characteristics of a journalist, I suppose. She and Momizi are friends, though I do not know if either will state their relationship so frankly. She and Hatate consider each other deep rivals and harbor resentment, if not outright hatred, for one another. She has my general story, but she has not seen the poltergeist for herself. She is also trying to avoid returning to jail as much as she possibly can."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:03:18 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #545 on: May 10, 2011, 05:31:26 PM »
> "I admit that this would be substantially easier with a third person, but we will make do. The important thing is for us to lay down what Aya's skill set is, and what she knows and does not know about the situation, so we can figure out precisely how we want to manipulate her knowledge to our advantage."
> "Now then. She knows I have her camera, she knows I am trying to get a picture of her, and she knows that I am willing to take on short-term deception to do it. She does not know that I have tried to enlist the help of anyone else, nor that I may not necessarily possess her camera at any given time, as I do not believe she can see inside my purse at will. She is very perceptive, and a bit arrogant, as much as she will probably not admit the latter. Optimal characteristics of a journalist, I suppose. She and Momizi are friends, though I do not know if either will state their relationship so frankly. She and Hatate consider each other deep rivals and harbor resentment, if not outright hatred, for one another. She has my general story, but she has not seen the poltergeist for herself. She is also trying to avoid returning to jail as much as she possibly can."

>Nue nods. "And you've tried once before, so she's expecting you to be up to something. And that means she's probably going to suspect anyone she sees around you, or knows is around you. So, if we're going to do this, we either need a big lie or we need to be very sneaky."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #546 on: May 10, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »
> When we met Aya this morning, did she have a crow alarm, like she did the day before?
> "Yes, though I must admit I lean toward the latter more than the former. Or...hmm. If she gets agitated enough, she might let her emotions get the best of her guard, allowing a sneak to zip by behind her. I wonder if we can get a third person, one who has both experience with a camera and the skill to sneak around in her presence."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #547 on: May 10, 2011, 07:18:37 PM »
> When we met Aya this morning, did she have a crow alarm, like she did the day before?
> "Yes, though I must admit I lean toward the latter more than the former. Or...hmm. If she gets agitated enough, she might let her emotions get the best of her guard, allowing a sneak to zip by behind her. I wonder if we can get a third person, one who has both experience with a camera and the skill to sneak around in her presence."

>You didn't see one, but you weren't looking for one either. At least, you didn't hear anything.
>"We could probably find someone sneaky," says Nue. "But skilled with that thing is something else entirely. But I'm thinking, the main advantage we have is that we can can pick our terrain."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #548 on: May 10, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »
> "What do you mean? There is a lot of stuff near Kourindou, but I don't know exactly how well it will serve as hiding places..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #549 on: May 10, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »
> "What do you mean? There is a lot of stuff near Kourindou, but I don't know exactly how well it will serve as hiding places..."

>"What I mean," Nue says, "Is that we can pretty much lead her wherever we want her to be."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #550 on: May 10, 2011, 09:50:02 PM »
> "Oh, yes, that's true. That might keep her away from her scouts, if she still has any deployed."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #551 on: May 10, 2011, 09:54:32 PM »
> "Oh, yes, that's true. That might keep her away from her scouts, if she still has any deployed."

>Nue nods. "Yeah, we'd have to worry about that kind of thing if she chooses the spot."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #552 on: May 10, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
> "Well, we know for sure she's waiting for me near Kourindou. Where around there do you think would be a good place to move her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #553 on: May 10, 2011, 10:08:11 PM »
> "Well, we know for sure she's waiting for me near Kourindou. Where around there do you think would be a good place to move her?"

>"I don't know the surface as well as I used to," says Nue. "Someplace with a lot of cover, and probably not too far off. If we're going to set up an ambush, I can see it happening two ways. One would be to provoke her or chase her. The downside being the window of opportunity is very small, but the upside being she's not going to be so focused if she's moving quickly. The other would be more gradual, but she'll be able to be a lot more observant."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #554 on: May 10, 2011, 10:16:09 PM »
> "The forest provides plenty of cover, though it might be a bit difficult to maneuver. Of the provocation options, chasing her will be difficult; she has already easily outpaced me once. Getting her on the offensive could be doable, though. I bet she might not have too much of a problem chasing down an obnoxious Hatate, for example."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #555 on: May 10, 2011, 10:29:19 PM »
> "The forest provides plenty of cover, though it might be a bit difficult to maneuver. Of the provocation options, chasing her will be difficult; she has already easily outpaced me once. Getting her on the offensive could be doable, though. I bet she might not have too much of a problem chasing down an obnoxious Hatate, for example."

>"Hmmm, if she's that fast," says Nue, "Then it might be a problem."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #556 on: May 10, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »
> "It could. But...if she does not have her scouts around, I think we might be able to compensate by enlisting Miss Inubashiri's help. She is almost as speedy, and has some experience with the camera."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #557 on: May 10, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »
> "It could. But...if she does not have her scouts around, I think we might be able to compensate by enlisting Miss Inubashiri's help. She is almost as speedy, and has some experience with the camera."

>Nue nods. "I was thinking, maybe use her friend. But would she listen to Inubashiri?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #558 on: May 10, 2011, 10:49:32 PM »
> "She might, if she knew before she saw Miss Inubashiri that she wasn't going to return to prison to serve her full sentence. It also might not matter, if Miss Inubashiri is the one that ends up sneaking around to take the picture."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #559 on: May 10, 2011, 11:18:12 PM »
> "She might, if she knew before she saw Miss Inubashiri that she wasn't going to return to prison to serve her full sentence. It also might not matter, if Miss Inubashiri is the one that ends up sneaking around to take the picture."

>Nue nods. "Alright then. We have a partner, now we just need a place and a way to get them there."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #560 on: May 11, 2011, 12:27:11 AM »
> "It is my understand that Miss Inubashiri is currently patrolling the Forest of Magic, looking for Miss Shameimaru. I have talked to Lord Tenma recently, so it should not be terribly difficult to get her where she needs to go."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #561 on: May 11, 2011, 12:28:35 AM »
> "It is my understand that Miss Inubashiri is currently patrolling the Forest of Magic, looking for Miss Shameimaru. I have talked to Lord Tenma recently, so it should not be terribly difficult to get her where she needs to go."

>Nue nods.
>"So, we're going to lure Aya over to Inubashiri, huh? Well, once we get her in on the plan."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #562 on: May 11, 2011, 12:29:39 AM »
> "That is doable. We just need to arrange a place for her to lie in wait, one toward which we could reasonably trick Aya into traveling."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #563 on: May 11, 2011, 12:50:06 AM »
> "That is doable. We just need to arrange a place for her to lie in wait, one toward which we could reasonably trick Aya into traveling."

>"By the road is most logical," says Nue. "But maybe there's some spots near the road, but are still inside?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #564 on: May 11, 2011, 12:58:39 AM »
> Mental check: are there any such spots?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #565 on: May 11, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »
> Mental check: are there any such spots?

>Mystia's stand isn't too far off the main road.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #566 on: May 11, 2011, 01:22:32 AM »
> "The lamprey stand may serve that function. It's not exactly indoors per se, but it's a decently-built structure near the road."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #567 on: May 11, 2011, 01:29:15 AM »
> "The lamprey stand may serve that function. It's not exactly indoors per se, but it's a decently-built structure near the road."

>Nue nods. "That could do. Now we just need a good reason to get her over there."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #568 on: May 11, 2011, 02:02:34 AM »
> "That depends. Do we want her to walk by and stop there, or do we want her to fly by?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #569 on: May 11, 2011, 02:08:30 AM »
> "That depends. Do we want her to walk by and stop there, or do we want her to fly by?"

>"That's a point, which do we want?" says Nue.

>_