Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 148032 times)

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #900 on: July 16, 2011, 04:16:15 AM »
Managed to finish a normal run of Mountain of Faith with 6 lives in stock, while capturing the spellcard Mountain of Faith as well. It was a no death run up until stage 5. Despite the epic fail on Kanako's first spell, this was probably my best run of MoF normal yet. The character used was ReimuB.

Replay here for anyone who cares:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14729

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
« Reply #901 on: July 16, 2011, 01:52:25 PM »
First ever capture of "Unidentified Darkness"! Took me long enough to get the method down. Before this it'd be *bomb* *bomb* *bomb* *die* etc.
Also survived "Rainbow UFO Invasion of Terror" using 1 bomb and reached "Nightmare of Heiankyou" for the first time.
Then I derped and lost my last life when the horizontal lasers spawned directly on top of me. :P

EDIT: And now I've cleared UFO Extra with Reimu A on the next run that reached Nue! "Nightmare of Heiankyou" managed to take away my two extra lives and 1 bomb. Nue's final spellcard I managed to beat with the remaining bomb on the first try.

That just leaves Flandre, Koishi, Marisa and whoever Ten Desire's Extra boss is (minus PC-98 games, PoFV and Tengu games) as the remaining extras I have yet to clear.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:04:49 PM by AxiamWolfe »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #902 on: July 16, 2011, 06:17:46 PM »
I decided to give Blind Nightbird another try. My record with Yukari now stands at 1/14. Maybe I am some kind of a lunatic by now? :3

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14733
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #903 on: July 16, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »
There is a Lunatic in everyone. You just need to find it.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #904 on: July 16, 2011, 07:18:13 PM »
I suppose that is true. Also, here's a recording of my new replay. Feel free to enjoy it in 480p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_y4Z6xhBI
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #905 on: July 16, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
Mokou, no bombs.

Overall, I'm very, very happy with this run. There were a couple of derp moments (like failing Ihakasa's Moon Curse), but when I do things like capture Hollow Giant "Woo" and get through the rings of death getting hit only once, I am a very happy player indeed. :D

« Reply #906 on: July 16, 2011, 08:57:48 PM »
You know, I've got a confession to make. UFO is starting to grow on me.
Most people's reaction:  :o
Naut's reaction: :]
Bananamatics reaction:  >:(

Having finally perfected that tiger probably lifted some of the bitterness resulting from 1DNB'ing her 9 fucking times. I can play against Byakuren without perfectionism in mind since she kicks my ass to hell and back. Its simply unrealistic as of now. Shou however was always so close. I had every attack down but for some reason I just couldn't pull it off meaning that I had to go through her stage... OVER 300 TIMES - yeah, no wonder I hated that...

Today I, pulled off two perfect Kogasas in a row. I was sure I was gonna die on the final card on one of them since it threw everything it had against me(or maybe I just read it wrong - no wait, I'm the cool one here. It was the RNG that tried to fuck me over but it failed!  >:D)

Good fight that one. I also went up against Byakuren for a little practice. I'm thinking of going against her in small doses since playing her stage for too long causes problems with my will to live. Byakuren however is a fun fight outside of her more stupid design choices. The 2nd card mainly. Everything else is all dandy. I even managed to capture her 2nd non-spell today and Devil's Recitation too.

I need to reconstruct my skills against Murasa though since they have dropped below my performance against Ichirin. Which they weren't before. My Ichirin performance is usually 1DNB usually with that death being to KKS.because I suck at reading it. I wonder if there is some sort of pattern to Murasa's third non-spell. There is to the first two, but to the third? I've always just handled it through reflexes but that is way too inconsistent.

« Reply #907 on: July 16, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »
Another EoSD default 1cc Normal, Marisa B this time.

I'm pretty happy about this run. The only thing that threatened my progress was dying twice to Metal Fatigue, once because I had no bombs and the second time because I thought I could get through the rest without using any more resources, causing me to die again with bombs in stock. That annoyed me, but I captured Scarlet Shoot for the first time ever so I'm good with this run.

One more to go. Reimu A. Ugh, weak shots are weak.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #908 on: July 16, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
My reaction: :wat:

It just seemed like your attitude toward UFO would be something that never changed. :V Though I suspect this is more a view toward the game's danmaku rather than the UFOs themselves. There's really only a small handful of attacks I would consider having bad design myself, so I can understand that view at least.

The 2nd card mainly.
What.

It's aimed lasers in a static pattern of butterflies. How is that badly designed?

I wonder if there is some sort of pattern to Murasa's third non-spell. There is to the first two, but to the third? I've always just handled it through reflexes but that is way too inconsistent.
The third nonspell is static too, I believe. The problem is of course that Murasa's movements are random, and where she moves might mean danmaku left over from one wave will be part of the next wave. It is quite dense, perhaps that's why you are apparently having trouble handling it with reflexes alone.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #909 on: July 16, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
Though I suspect this is more a view toward the game's danmaku rather than the UFOs themselves.

Tbh, UFO gathering is the least appealing part of the game but you still get at least Cave level resources even if you don't use UFO's. It is just my general experience with playing the game that has improved.

What.
It's aimed lasers in a static pattern of butterflies. How is that badly designed?

Yes. In case you didn't notice, I don't like that sort of stuff. Memo cards are frustrating when you can't do them and boring when you can. That's how I look at it. A lose-lose situation. I can get the pattern down and simply make it boring but I just don't like memorization patterns. So its not badly designed. Its consistently doable so it can't be badly designed. What I meant was that the mere presence of a card that simply requires you to memorize is in itself a stupid design choice.

As for card design, I am starting to believe that there isn't even one example of really bad design in terms of the player being able to consistently do it or not. Whether or not I personally think its a good idea is of course another matter entirely. PSM; You can safespot it. KKS; You can just dodge better. Its not a card i'm too much of a fan of but its not the cards fault I can't do it properly.

The only thing I don't really know what to think about is Murasa's 3rd spellcard. Generally its pretty easy but sometimes bullets seem to block out your only option of dodging. I have yet to study my replays of that situation happening to see if there is anything I could've done in that situation.

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
« Reply #910 on: July 16, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »
One more to go. Reimu A. Ugh, weak shots are weak.
I got my first ever Normal clear of EoSD with ReimuA :V
I agree with you about its weakness, but It's a nice shot, mainly for stage parts, and you'll have an easier time against Patchy compared to the other shots IMO.
Go for it!
<-- Sig by Suikama

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #911 on: July 16, 2011, 10:04:31 PM »
Ah, my bad. :derp: Forgot you had that mentality too, Zengeku.

Something more on-topic, I think I'm getting better at Byakuren's first card. As if that attack wasn't already fun enough. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #912 on: July 16, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »
 :]

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #913 on: July 17, 2011, 04:45:32 AM »
Yay! Just 1cced UFO normal. Thanks for the advice, SanaeB definitely served me better than SanaeA.

Now i just need to decide which extra stage to tackle next: SA or UFO

Any suggestions?

Or should I focus on Great Fairy Wars, which I am enjoying more and more (despite it being quite hard).

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #915 on: July 17, 2011, 08:00:31 AM »
SA because I'm a weirdo who finds Koishi loads easier than Nue.  Actually, the only boss I find harder than Nue is maybe Evil Eye Sigma, but even that's probably about even just because you get asstons of extends in SoEW extra >_>.  I haven't beaten either Nue or EES though, so ehh.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #916 on: July 17, 2011, 08:08:29 AM »
:]

UFO has the more fun extra stage, in my opinion. (I don't really like SA's extra stage, so if you were me, you would get that out of the way first.)

« Reply #917 on: July 17, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »
3DNB Byakuren. 2 at LFO and 1 at Good Omen. I'm actually pretty happy that I died at Good Omen cause if I didn't, I'd probably have destroyed something valuable... It seems LFO is the only insurmountable thing here. 2nd non-spell is also very tricky but that's in the beginning of the fight. You don't have to fight it with the added tension of an entire fight gone good.

Spell Practice, how I'd wish you be here. LFO is a tough motherfucker and I guess the only way to get good at it is through practice. And a little more practice after that

EDIT: And now I'm finally approaching a decent capture rate of Monster Train, Kogasa's third. 20/65.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:31:30 AM by Zengeku »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #918 on: July 17, 2011, 04:47:19 PM »
Alright, brought my MoF Extra up to something I'm satisfied with, even though I failed to capture Suwako's fourth and fifth spellcard due to stupid mistakes. Didn't capture either of her Survival Spellcards either, but whatever, didn't exactly want to figure those out, too.

Now I'll be gone due to a one-week vacation and after that I'll be tackling SA, the second-to-last game left on Lunatic. Glad I managed to completely finish MoF before my vacation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nizWJmXCBEQ&feature=channel_video_title

« Reply #919 on: July 17, 2011, 05:50:02 PM »
I just got Perfect Cherry Blossom, and the second time I faced "Resurrection Butterfly -50% Reflowering-" I captured it. Then proceeded to get brutally murdered the next few times I faced it but that capture is good enough for me.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #920 on: July 17, 2011, 06:46:55 PM »
Finally beat th11 extra with MarisaA, but the game crashed, so it wasn't recorded.
MarisaA is the worst character to play th11 Extra because of 8.00 max power and bombs that sucks more than "Artful Sacrifice".
Signature

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #921 on: July 17, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »
I caught Forgiveness "Honest Man's Death", which was as easy as some players make it out to be.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14752

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JDecv7osQI
My Touhou Replays

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
« Reply #922 on: July 17, 2011, 08:56:08 PM »
Finally managed to get a UFO Normal 1CC with Sanae B. Proceeded straight away to tackle Extra Stage with her. Cleared it on my first try!  :D (minus the few retries when I died on the opening wave of fairies)

At this point I'm still playing for survival, but no deaths on the stage, a near perfect Kogasa (bombed the moment the first spellcard ended, still gave me the capture though), and capturing all of Nue's spellcards up to the last 4.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14755

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #923 on: July 18, 2011, 04:58:53 AM »
I finally captured Unseasonal Butterfly Storm

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #924 on: July 18, 2011, 01:25:20 PM »
Wooo~ been a while since I posted on this forum. Was randomly playing TH11 and I managed to capture "Hell's Artificial Sun"!

The ironic part is right before the card I said to myself "Yep, one of the cards I will never capture" Then I captured it >_> Don't know if I will be able to do it again anytime soon XD. Okuu still holds a very special place in my heart as the first Stage 6 boss I ever reached. Still can't capture "Petite Flare" though.

Replay here if anyone is interested: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14766

« Reply #925 on: July 18, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »
Finally captured Needle Mountain of a Former Hell!

Would have been a perfect Orin fight if not for bombing her last card. (and timing out her midboss nonspell, because die in a fire Catwalk.)

« Reply #926 on: July 18, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »
I got my first ever Normal clear of EoSD with ReimuA :V
I agree with you about its weakness, but It's a nice shot, mainly for stage parts, and you'll have an easier time against Patchy compared to the other shots IMO.
Go for it!

My first clear was with her as well. I agree that Patchouli's stage is easier with her homing attacks and I did actually almost default 1cc the game with Reimu A but lost my last life while Remilia was exploding. That was really frustrating and I haven't tried since. I'll go for it again soon.

On to actual accomplishments....did I really just 1cc PCB already? I only got the game yesterday and I have Extra unlocked with Sakuya A. I definitely could have used my bombs more on Yuyuko's stage as I entered with 6 lives and lost them all, finishing with zero rescources and shaking like crazy. But...wow. I've obviously gotten a lot better at Touhou.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #927 on: July 18, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
SA Lunatic: Perfect Stage 6, and 1DNB Stage 5. The death was a really really stupid one on the stage.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #928 on: July 19, 2011, 02:33:47 AM »
Finally cleared Final B on Normal with default lives.  Replay for those that want.
Needless to say, I feel good about this. Now for hard :V
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #929 on: July 19, 2011, 03:48:20 AM »
SA Normal no bombs 1cc :V