Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 148196 times)

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #360 on: April 15, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »
UFO extra isn't hard to clear.
Try my stage route.
Get one life before Kogasa, Die on her second spell(it's too hard), get the life after her, if possible go for another life before Nue but if you're confident then go for a bomb instead, get a life and bomb from Nue, beat her.

« Reply #361 on: April 15, 2011, 02:32:31 AM »
I always thought the rule was go for all bombs on UFO's extra.  Anyway, UFO's the last thing I want to do right now (GFW I don't plan to do at all =p).  The stage is alright, Kogasa's doable aside from her last card (I can't react to lasers fast enough), but I'm god-awful at Nue, and I clipdeath and restart all the way there... At least SA has an easy stage (less restarts, more Koishi), and SoEW gives you craptons of lives >_>.

« Reply #362 on: April 15, 2011, 10:01:19 AM »
Just perfected Kogasa, which is synonymous for capturing the final spell. After all this time she's still tough.

KKS and Monster Train. They are my demons right now.

So what's the secret for not getting walled during PSM?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #363 on: April 15, 2011, 02:12:20 PM »
So what's the secret for not getting walled during PSM?

Using SanaeB or MarisaA.  :V

I always thought the rule was go for all bombs on UFO's extra.

Go for all lives. Almost everything Nue have is trick based like most extra bosses which means that many of your misses is likely to be the unpredicatable sort (failed input, clipping etc.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:15:10 PM by ゼンゲク »

« Reply #364 on: April 15, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »
IN Normal 1cc while tapping shift (or trying to >_>) in rhythm with the music.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=13246

Go for all lives. Almost everything Nue have is trick based like most extra bosses which means that many of your misses is likely to be the unpredicatable sort (failed input, clipping etc.)
Gotcha.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #365 on: April 15, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
Using SanaeB or MarisaA.  :V

Or use the safespot.  :derp:

I actually just noticed that it has been two years now since I started Touhou.

...I should probably do something to celebrate it I guess. Uhh...

Have a StB 7-2 cleared without circling Remilia.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #366 on: April 15, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
Ten desire easy normal demo1cc
Wayyy to easy
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #367 on: April 15, 2011, 05:13:58 PM »
TD lunatic 1cc

Stages remind me of mediocre danmakufu script levels.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:17:26 PM by Jaimers »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #368 on: April 15, 2011, 05:49:32 PM »
Lunatic 1cc. Man, there's always someone beating me to these things. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #369 on: April 15, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »
So far all i've done is Easy, Normal and Hard 1cc on the TD demo. My laptop won't run it flawlessly though so i cannot get playing it much until I get back to my apartment and my borrowed desktop.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #371 on: April 15, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »
Wow, so it really is too easy? I don't want to play it until the full version hits the shelves, but I've been fearing that the difficulty has been tuned down too much ever since ZUN announced that he would make the game easier.
Either way, you guys are fast!

« Reply #372 on: April 15, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »
10D Demo Hard 1cc. First try after messing around with Lunatic. Completely failed a few things though. Might upload it, might not. Also failed the final spellcard due to not enough power. Haven't even touched Normal or Easy though. Hoping we're missing something with the extend systems or that the full version gives more.

Also,
Spoiler:
Kogasa's
spellcard on Lunatic is awesome, unlike the one it copies. Seems a little harder to me on Hard, but probably because it's easier for me to follow it on Lunatic.

Lunatic's destroying me at the moment though. And of course no spell practice in the demo because you probably have to clear the game for it like on IN. And Practice mode might be nice to have.

Edit: Should probably spoiler tag that
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 07:00:53 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

« Reply #373 on: April 15, 2011, 07:01:15 PM »
I discovered a cool scoring thing in TD, attack the boss from super close range and your gauge will fill really quickly. I suspect scoring in this game will be about shotgunning *all* the time to get more hyper mode.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #374 on: April 15, 2011, 07:06:13 PM »
Well, Point Blanking did help get Hypers in the games that have them, and it also helped to get to Break Mode faster in Crimzon Clover, IIRC. I guess that would transfer over to this somehow.

Not like I could see very many point blanking chances on Lunatic or even Hard.

Also, failing a spellcard because you were in Hyper when you entered it is suck.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »
Also, failing a spellcard because you were in Hyper when you entered it is suck.

My one problem with the trance system is this. I'd like a GFW-like system where you get different rewards for how you "capture a card" to compensate for how hyper works (or an easy way to cancel it without costing a resource).

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2011, 07:34:08 PM »
You guys sure waste no time when it comes to Lunatic 1ccs.

« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2011, 07:52:16 PM »
Well, Point Blanking did help get Hypers in the games that have them, and it also helped to get to Break Mode faster in Crimzon Clover, IIRC. I guess that would transfer over to this somehow.

Not like I could see very many point blanking chances on Lunatic or even Hard.

It does speak for ZUN's game design though, as I never seen any of those games, and TD invites even an inexperienced player like me to try point blanking naturally.

I see it wasn't really a discovery, but I was excited to find it independently.

Great job on the Lunatic 1cc's guys, I'm getting destroyed by the stage 2 boss. But Yuyuko is easier then Nazrin.

And wow at Hearbeams Easy replay, quite ridiculous!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2011, 10:36:22 PM »
1cc'd SA Easy after 3 attempts.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=13248 look no further.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #379 on: April 16, 2011, 04:29:22 AM »
Joining the cool kids list of people who 1cc'd the demo on lunatic their first day. I have to say, the game is much more subtly difficult. I thought it was pretty easy at first, but it gets pretty tough even here in the demo. The low amount of lives helps.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2011, 07:29:30 AM »
And... Ten Desires demo Hard 1cc - no bombs. It was really not that bad to do. Boss patterns are fun. Stages... i don't know about yet. Don't appreciate the final spell of the stage 3 boss though. Not because of curving lasers. Because she heals herself. Muh!

EDIT:

And Demo Lunatic clear. 2nd attempt at it too. Crappy Stage 3 boss performance though. Just wanted to win so I put some bombs on her. And while its not technically my first day, its my first day where my PC would run the game. It was about to melt yesterday.

So... this demo is easier than the UFO demo by a lot huh?

I really like what the Stage 2 boss is doing. Its not that hard necessarily but she is fun. Yuyuko is easy but i'd say that one of the spells is more difficult than most of her PCB stuff which is just embarassing. For PCB that is.

The Stage 3 boss... badass non-spells. Spellcards... cool if I can work out how to capture most of them.

EDIT: Lol, scratch that. TD Demo 1-miss Lunatic clear.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:19:28 AM by ゼンゲク »

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #381 on: April 16, 2011, 08:38:47 AM »
10D's Demo 1cc, Normal. 1 Death, 1 Bomb. All Spell Cards either captured or timed out.
10D's Demo 1cc, Hard. 1 Death.

It's not much, but Lunatic seems feasible. No, I don't know how the game works.  :derp:

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #382 on: April 16, 2011, 09:24:22 AM »
TD demo Hard mode no bombs 1 miss. An embarassing one on Zombie Loli's 2nd to last card.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #383 on: April 16, 2011, 06:25:13 PM »
I hate Yoshika Something's first card. STOP RECOVERING ARGH

Anyways, No miss Easy clear of TD demo. (edit - would've been perfect if I didn't randomly bomb)
Reaching for the Lunatic clear!

Hm I wonder what it's like eating lunch and playing TD at the same time is like?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:05:02 PM by みゅーキュゥ »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #384 on: April 16, 2011, 06:46:49 PM »
Let me get in on the TD Trial Lunatic 1cc gang. Score kinda suffered since my Stage 3 run was terribad, but everything before Kyouko went flawlessly in my eyes. I was pleasantly surprised to see I had plenty of bombs left for Yoshika, so I just bombspammed her straight through. :V Because there's no Stage Practice yet, I'll probably only give a full scorerun serious consideration if there's a weekly challenge for it or something.

Might as well ask. For those of you so far who have beaten TD Lunatic, what do you think of its difficulty? I hear a lot of talk about how lower difficulties are easier, but I notice the bosses' danmaku becoming very dense very early for Lunatic and actually staying that way. The divine spirits are arguably easier to handle than the UFOs, though the lack of lives balances that out. Since I never played the UFO trial and never tried out a "full lives" path in UFO's full version, I don't know if the life difference over the first three stages was that striking. Anyone else have thoughts on all this?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:48:52 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #385 on: April 16, 2011, 07:09:14 PM »
The divine spirits are arguably easier to handle than the UFOs, though the lack of lives balances that out. Since I never played the UFO trial and never tried out a "full lives" path in UFO's full version, I don't know if the life difference over the first three stages was that striking.

It was unexpected. In UFO i have managed to to collect a full life stock before Ichirin so there was quite a difference in this demo compared to UFO.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #386 on: April 16, 2011, 07:51:23 PM »
Pulled off a decent demo run for once. Used Marisa, finished off Yoshika with a life to spare. Currently working on Youtubing~

EDIT: Three hours later, it is finally prepared! 10D Demo Lunatic 1cc
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:43:47 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #387 on: April 17, 2011, 12:04:31 AM »
Finally 1cc'd TD demo on lunatic. Damn this game is hard... so few extends and no death bomb!
Normal was pretty easy though, got it in first try.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #388 on: April 17, 2011, 01:16:50 AM »
My TD trial Lunatic 1cc is now on Youtube. So I have a vid with Reimu, and Donut has one with Marisa, now we need Sanae and Youmu 1ccs from two others to complete a set. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #389 on: April 17, 2011, 09:49:11 AM »
TD trial Normal NDNB with Sanae
Messed up with that hyper on stage 2, not enough memorization, I guess.
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once