Author Topic: I, LOLI - Cyborg Quest?! [Complete]  (Read 41188 times)

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
Re: I, LOLI - Cyborg Quest?!
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2011, 09:45:23 PM »
2 hours Kip. 2 hours.

The gravestone is most likely either Pesco's grave or (if they did have a child) Rikako and Pesco's child's grave (could've been a daughter or a son).

Ah, both Pesco and the kid.. I had considered that but wasn't too confident in it.
If however that is the case, then the answer could only be ココロ!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:50:41 PM by あさらぎシジェ »
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »
still presssured

Will rou update in an hour, because I'd hate it if the next update was the last because we couldn't choose what to do.

EDIT: One more god damned hour
oh god
THE TENSION
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:45:38 PM by Kips McKipzerson »

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
Roukan you TEASE.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »
oh god the pressure
ohgodohgodohgod
We better not blow the hell up. Will the story end if we do, or will nitori like remake us or some shit

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2011, 10:53:50 PM »
DAYLIGHT SAVIIIIIIIIINGS

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2011, 10:58:42 PM »
Will the story end if we do, or will nitori like remake us or some shit
See:
If we fuck up is it over? Or do we get a quick scene and continue from the bomb?
>There will be no retconning. If you fail, you fail.

So. Yeah.
We explode->Game over.

« Reply #336 on: March 16, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »
Hm, this is pretty tough, to be honest. My initial thought, the one that struck me almost immediately, was something along the lines of "Having a daughter" or something like that. However, delving through the game, I couldn't really see much supporting evidence about that. The two other things I can see being the case is her proving that science is right and getting revenge.

In fact, if you ask me, I think that her most important thing is related to science: Rou-tan, her attempts at harnessing nuclear power, even that memory of her former love were all about science.

That said, I have two commands I want to put out before trying to answer:

> If we guess the wrong answer, will the bomb detonate, or will it just lock out any further answers?
> Will the explosion be directly proportional to our size?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #337 on: March 16, 2011, 11:02:01 PM »
oh yeah I forgot rou said that
But wait I dont want the story to end waaaaaaah.

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #338 on: March 16, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
Surely the password is not seriously just "science".

Whatthe

• Still distracted
« Reply #339 on: March 16, 2011, 11:09:17 PM »
HOW did none of us think of shrinking until now :V

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #340 on: March 16, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »
But. We still die if it goes off, even if we can save everyone else...

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #341 on: March 16, 2011, 11:20:30 PM »
Right. Because I was away until now, I'll be generous. I'll answer all the relevant questions, and then I'll give you until midnight my time - just under 40 minutes from the time of posting - to produce an answer.

[also how did i get a page full of responses in one day holy crap]

>Ask Satori THE FULL NAME OF THE MAN
>Satori nods, and Koishi assists by probing at Mother's subconscious slightly.
"His name was...Kanbei Ichirou."
Amazingly, the name rings a vague bell in your head. Kanbei Ichirou was an esteemed human scientist of his time, and his knowledge of robotics was on par with kappa scholars, if not above and beyond. Tragically, where he excelled mentally he suffered physically, and illness claimed him before any of his most groundbreaking projects could come to fruition. As such, he has become something of a footnote in the annals of history.
Why do you know this? You search your systems for the name Kanbei Ichirou. It appears once - in the documentation listing the developers behind your software.

I don't often post in these, but I figure telling them to get the hell outta dodge would work yes?
>Blast radius is too large. They won't get out of the way in time.

@Kip: No, the password is not necessarily 4 letters long. The 'four words' specified the words displaying on the monitor right then.

> If we guess the wrong answer, will the bomb detonate, or will it just lock out any further answers?
> It will lock out, and given that you've taken so long to think it over you'll have at most thirty seconds before detonation.
> Yes. Use of the Shrink Unit will allow you to prevent anyone around you from suffering the explosion, but it'll do nothing to protect you.

Alright, that's all I'm giving you. If I've fumbled this whole thing up and no-one gets it I apologise, but I intend to stick to my word. You get one shot, guys. Good luck.

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #342 on: March 16, 2011, 11:24:22 PM »
We're fucked.
Even with the time extension, we're so fucked.
Sect! Save us!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2011, 11:27:11 PM »
Um um um oh fuck oh fuck
OH FUCK

It's gotta be that dudes name. After all, It would make sense that he's the one who inspired her to make a robot in the first place no?

Whatthe

• Still distracted
« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »
At this point I'm just tossing out pretty much every backup plan I can think of.

Would threatening to make too big of an explosion have any reason to make Rikako cooperate? If so, I have two ideas, but since Rou's done answering questions it'd be hard to tell if they're even possible.

Idea 1: If we can grow as well as shrink, we could threaten to grow to a larger size and thus cause a larger explosion if the bomb goes off.
Idea 2: If we can shrink to a size small enough that we would be capable of splitting an atom, we could threaten to do so.

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2011, 11:36:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure there is no alternative plan that will be allowed.
Its either answer it and be right, or fail.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #346 on: March 16, 2011, 11:36:51 PM »
You know whut, That second idea is pretty fucking smart. Shrink to an extremely small size, wait a couple minutes, then reform? Would the explosion go off and just do some damage to your chest alone?
Or maybe we could rip off our entire chest and shrink it? Then the bomb would be gone, correct? Unless we have some sort of important wiring in our chest that cant be replaced. But if we do have some wiring that can be replaced/isnt important then someone will manage to repair us, right? Preferably nitori.

« Reply #347 on: March 16, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »
... Ah.

> ... Turn off mo.exe.
> "... Kanbei Ichiro. A brilliant human scientist, a roboticist to rival kappa scientists. Perished before any of his greatest projects could come to light."
> Turn to Rikako, tears in our eyes. "... One of the developers of the 'Logical Output Via Learning From Input System'. The 'father' of the project that would result in me."
> Turn to Nitori. "The password is..."

So, I think the password is "Mine and Ichiro's Daughter". Agreed?

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #348 on: March 16, 2011, 11:39:41 PM »
GODDAMNIT SECT I LOVE YOU.
I AGREE.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #349 on: March 16, 2011, 11:41:01 PM »
I'm with sect on this one.
Though if your wrong I'll smack you with a tuna.

Whatthe

• Still distracted
« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2011, 11:42:18 PM »
Or maybe we could rip off our entire chest and shrink it? Then the bomb would be gone, correct? Unless we have some sort of important wiring in our chest that cant be replaced. But if we do have some wiring that can be replaced/isnt important then someone will manage to repair us, right? Preferably nitori.
> Can we tell if this bomb is hooked to our software somehow?
> It has no connection to your software, but it's hooked into your body with a variety of failsafes. Attempting to remove the bomb will invariably cause premature detonation.

« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2011, 11:47:05 PM »

> ##Enter: Mine and Ichiro's Daughter

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2011, 11:54:38 PM »
>"Well...bit of a mouthful, but let's go for it."

Kawashiro looks nervous as she starts to enter the code. From here, you can see the beads of sweat dropping down her face. Mother is crying again, though you can't tell right now if it's out of joy or horror.

The machine gives off a loud, horrible beeping as Kawashiro hits the enter key. The beeping grows louder.

Louder.

Louder...

Then stops.

"OVERRIDE CODE GIVEN. FINAL RESTRICTIONS LOCKED."

The sound of the collective sighs of relief is almost deafening. The only person not sighing is Mother, who's currently digging her face into her sleeve.

"...I'm sorry...I thought you'd understand. I'm your mother, remember? Doesn't that mean I love you? If you couldn't realise that yourself, then...I'm a failure as a mother, aren't I? It's just...you were all I had left, you know? Kanbei died so young, and we were going to have a daughter...we'd already named her, too. But then the sickness took him, and...and..."
Mother's voice breaks, and she quietly sobs to herself. For a short moment, no-one in the room can feel anything other than pity for her.

« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2011, 11:56:54 PM »
> "..."
> Walk to Mother, and give her a hug.

> But trip on the way over, landing in the water, allowing the water to enter our body through the open chest cavity, completely short circuiting our systems. Game over, FAIL END :V

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #354 on: March 17, 2011, 12:00:19 AM »
I think I just had a heart attack. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:07:26 AM by あさらぎシジェ »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #355 on: March 17, 2011, 12:08:41 AM »
I think I just had a heart attack. :V
Sect.
I fucking love you man
I really do
>Dont forget to turn back on mo.exe
>Give mother a hug
>"I'm sorry Mother, I should'va asked... I thought it would help me learn more about myself myu~♥"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #356 on: March 17, 2011, 12:13:13 AM »
> "..."
> Walk to Mother, and give her a hug.
>Dont forget to turn back on mo.exe
>"I'm sorry Mother, I should'va asked... I thought it would help me learn more about myself myu~♥"
> To prevent any unfortunate accidents, Kawashiro reattaches your midsection armour first.
> The moment you enter her range, Mother grabs you by the waist and holds you as tightly as she can.
"I'm...I'm sorry...it was all for you, Rou-tan...all for you...I couldn't stand these youkai, with their long lives and abundant magic...and in comparison, we humans have to work so hard for everything, and yet we never stay for long enough to enjoy it. My Kanbei was only on this earth for twenty-five years - a blink of the eye to these youkai. With all that inequality, all that unfairness, how COULDN'T I be angry?!"
She squeezes you - or at least tries to. Ironically, her lack of physical strength proves her own point.
"I...I had to get back at them. At the youkai, at the world, at everything. They wouldn't allow my Kanbei to get the respect he deserved! They wouldn't allow my little Rou-tan to come into this world! My whole life, I've been working so hard just to see these damned youkai beat me at everything I do! With this - with YOU, Rou-tan - I had finally defeated them, and achieved Kanbei's dream as well! Everything - this whole facility - designed to make you, and make you stronger! I just...I just..."
She gives up on speaking entirely, collapsing into a sobbing heap. In particular, the Komeijis look downbeat after Mother's collapse. Kawashiro's eventually the one to step in and bear the bad news.
"Look, tin can...no, Rou-tan. Your mother may have had some sorta twisted reasoning behind it, but that doesn't stop what she did from being wrong. She's been polluting the lakes with her waste, and she tried to kill a youkai in cold blood. That's the sort of crime that earns you imprisonment, no questions asked."
She looks pained. She doesn't want to be the one saying this, but she knows that if she doesn't no-one will.
"I need to take your mother in for arrest, and I'm pretty sure everyone else here is behind me as well. I'm sorry, but if you want to stop us, you'll have to go through us. Please don't make us do that."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:16:09 AM by Rou You Can »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #357 on: March 17, 2011, 12:22:02 AM »
>Say in a more serious tone "Mommy, You did do some really bad things, But you also did a lot of good things too. You make me proud to be my Mother."
>"Wait, I have an idea! Cant me and the dolphin go out and try to clean the water? I really dont want to see Mommy to go to jail, but if we fix the water wont she come out a lot sooner?"

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #358 on: March 17, 2011, 12:24:32 AM »
>"Yeah.. I understand... but, could I please talk to Mommy for a while? Just us two? At least... let me have that.
I haven't gotten any chance to since I was born.

Please... just wait until after that.. ok?"

I want to ask Rikako why she and Kanbei wanted to make an android in the first place.
The robot that would turn out to be Rou-tan, it's original purpose.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:26:57 AM by あさらぎシジェ »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #359 on: March 17, 2011, 12:28:38 AM »
>Do we know about Satori and Koishi's connection with earth spirits? If so then ask them if they can retrieve a specific one.

My fucking god Rou I didn't know the enter key could do me so much harm.