Author Topic: Maribel Quest Continuation: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 73541 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Maribel Quest Continuation: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #450 on: August 27, 2010, 02:58:12 AM »
>"I'm so, so sorry, Renko... I don't know what to say. Just remember that no matter who else comes and goes, I'm there for you."

>She doesn't say anything, and just starts to sob.

>_

« Reply #451 on: August 27, 2010, 03:01:56 AM »
>Hold her tenderly and reassuringly

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #452 on: August 27, 2010, 03:02:36 AM »
> Stroke her hair
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #453 on: August 27, 2010, 03:07:19 AM »
>Hold her tenderly and reassuringly
> Stroke her hair

>You hold her and stroke her hair. It feels nice, if a bit frizzy. Thankfully, it doesn't last for too long.
>"I'm going to show her, Mary," she says, her voice weak. "I'll show everyone..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #454 on: August 27, 2010, 03:09:27 AM »
> "You damn right you are."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #455 on: August 27, 2010, 03:13:54 AM »
> "You damn right you are."

>"I...I think I better get back to them, now." she says.

>_

« Reply #456 on: August 27, 2010, 03:15:24 AM »
>"Ok, let's get back to them."
>Smile
>"I'm sure the troops are eager to see their commander again."
>Head back to the faeries

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2010, 03:33:06 AM »
>"Ok, let's get back to them."
>Smile
>"I'm sure the troops are eager to see their commander again."
>Head back to the faeries

>You smile and agree with her.
>"It's nice that you want to come," Renko says, frowning a bit. "But, I know you've been doing some other things, and since you're not going to join me, you don't have to come if you don't want."

>_

« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2010, 03:37:51 AM »
>"Renko.... You think I'm going to just walk off from you after that? I'm not about to leave you here feeling miserable while I go run errands. C'mon, let's get back to them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2010, 03:48:05 AM »
>"Renko.... You think I'm going to just walk off from you after that? I'm not about to leave you here feeling miserable while I go run errands. C'mon, let's get back to them."

>"No, I feel better now," she says. "But...thanks. Let's go."
>She starts toward the western part of the lake.

>_

« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2010, 03:49:06 AM »
>Continue to follow along

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #461 on: August 27, 2010, 03:51:32 AM »
> Check ingredient list for power-unlocking potion Byakuren was willing to make for us.
> Recall where we got each of the ingredients, and how easy they would be to procure a second time. We do remember a second geode in the Underground - it was in the Pawn Shop, right?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #462 on: August 27, 2010, 03:53:52 AM »
> "So...it was really messed up, but I still have some hopes for that house. I'd really like a place we can call our own, and I don't think we're likely to find a place nearly as far along as that one. If we capture that one remaining wisp and...clean up the mess...what do you think?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #463 on: August 27, 2010, 04:02:25 AM »
> Check ingredient list for power-unlocking potion Byakuren was willing to make for us.
> Recall where we got each of the ingredients, and how easy they would be to procure a second time. We do remember a second geode in the Underground - it was in the Pawn Shop, right?

>You know you got the extra Star Mushrooms. Ground Ragewort should be easy. That pawnshop had another geode. You're not sure if you could wheedle more  Bloodmoss out of Nue, though.

> "So...it was really messed up, but I still have some hopes for that house. I'd really like a place we can call our own, and I don't think we're likely to find a place nearly as far along as that one. If we capture that one remaining wisp and...clean up the mess...what do you think?"

>"It's be really weird to sleep in a house someone got killed in," Renko says, "But I guess it could work. Maybe it we got it exorcised or something. Actually, it's kind of exciting, thinking about it. Well...about what it'll be like."

>_

« Reply #464 on: August 27, 2010, 04:05:52 AM »
>"Well, I'm going to be getting it exorcised, one way or another. Get that ghost for Nitori, and make the place safe for any other curious passersby, at the very least."

>"Renko... I'm curious. Did Alice ever talk to you about the possibility of becoming a youkai?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #465 on: August 27, 2010, 04:07:41 AM »
>Time of day.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #466 on: August 27, 2010, 04:12:07 AM »
>"Well, I'm going to be getting it exorcised, one way or another. Get that ghost for Nitori, and make the place safe for any other curious passersby, at the very least."

>"Renko... I'm curious. Did Alice ever talk to you about the possibility of becoming a youkai?"

>She nods. "Yeah. That'll be good."
>"Not really, no. Why?"

>Time of day.

>It is getting on in the afternoon. You imagine the sun will set in a couple hours at most.

>_

« Reply #467 on: August 27, 2010, 04:13:38 AM »
>"Well, I've had at least three separate people today, and possibly more, point out that if I continue to try to develop my magic, there's a good chance of me becoming one."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #468 on: August 27, 2010, 04:22:21 AM »
>"Well, I've had at least three separate people today, and possibly more, point out that if I continue to try to develop my magic, there's a good chance of me becoming one."

>"Really?" asks Renko. "Huh...Alice...mentioned it, but she said she didn't think I'd have to worry about it if I didn't go hog wild. I guess she could have been lying?"
>She give you an appraising look. "Would you be any different?"

>_

« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2010, 04:25:53 AM »
>"I don't know if she was lying. Different magicians I've talked to have had different ideas of how inevitable it is. Alice was once human though, you know. I don't know if she mentioned it. So was Byakuren."
>"As for being different... I don't really know that there's a lot of fundamental difference between a human and a youkai in many ways. I've met enough youkai now that seem as human to me as any human, aside from the obvious physical differences. In think there are a few biological ones; Patchouli mentioned that certain charms and such are effective against youkai, but not humans, but... I don't think it changes the essence of who you are."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2010, 04:39:01 AM »
>"I don't know if she was lying. Different magicians I've talked to have had different ideas of how inevitable it is. Alice was once human though, you know. I don't know if she mentioned it. So was Byakuren."
>"As for being different... I don't really know that there's a lot of fundamental difference between a human and a youkai in many ways. I've met enough youkai now that seem as human to me as any human, aside from the obvious physical differences. In think there are a few biological ones; Patchouli mentioned that certain charms and such are effective against youkai, but not humans, but... I don't think it changes the essence of who you are."

>"Wait," says Renko, raising an eyebrow. "Are you saying to me that Byakuren was human? Her?"
>She shakes her head. "Alice never told me she was once human, but I kind of suspected she was when she was able to teach me things, and the faeries weren't. I thought she probably had to go through it herself."
>"So...you're going to turn into one?"

>_

« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2010, 04:43:54 AM »
>"Yeah, Byakuren was. She said her size was a side-effect of some magical enhancements she used on herself."
>"I don't know what learning flight and danmaku is like for non-human born youkai. I suspect they have to learn a lot of things from scratch, too, if Tokiko's any indication..."
>"And I... might. Some people thought it was inevitable, others thought I might have a little choice in the matter. But they all agreed that the more effort I invested at improving my magic, the more likely it would be."
>"Would it... be so bad, though? I'd still be me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #472 on: August 27, 2010, 04:51:13 AM »
>"Yeah, Byakuren was. She said her size was a side-effect of some magical enhancements she used on herself."
>"I don't know what learning flight and danmaku is like for non-human born youkai. I suspect they have to learn a lot of things from scratch, too, if Tokiko's any indication..."
>"And I... might. Some people thought it was inevitable, others thought I might have a little choice in the matter. But they all agreed that the more effort I invested at improving my magic, the more likely it would be."
>"Would it... be so bad, though? I'd still be me."

>She nods. "Huh, interesting."
>"Mary, it sounds to me like you saying "Renko, I'm a Youkai" is kind of close to saying "Renko, I'm a Brazilian". I don't think it'll matter either way, do you?"

>_

« Reply #473 on: August 27, 2010, 04:54:27 AM »
>"I... just wanted to know how you felt about it, Renko. I wouldn't want you to feel alienated from me or something, you know?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2010, 04:56:57 AM »
> "And I don't want to feel alienated from you, either. Whatever we end up being...I want us to be it together."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #475 on: August 27, 2010, 05:03:34 AM »
>"I... just wanted to know how you felt about it, Renko. I wouldn't want you to feel alienated from me or something, you know?"

>"Don't worry about me," says Renko, taking you hand and giving it a squeeze. "I've been around you too long to worry about stuff like that."

> "And I don't want to feel alienated from you, either. Whatever we end up being...I want us to be it together."

>"Well, I'm not going anywhere," she says, "So you might as well get used to it. I am kinda wondering what you're gonna do, though."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #476 on: August 27, 2010, 05:12:23 AM »
> "I'm not really sure. They both have appeal. The youkai I've talked to all seem very happy to be youkai, and they seem to be more in tune with magic...but being human seems to be a very rare thing around here. It might be nice to stay this way, from a notoriety standpoint."
> "Actually, while we're on that subject, and since Byakuren was mentioned...I should tell you about an opportunity she presented to me, that you may be able to take as well. It...might conflict with your current plans, but the least I can do is give you the idea and let you make an informed decision."

« Reply #477 on: August 27, 2010, 05:12:46 AM »
>"Well, Patchouli said that only sure-fire way to avoid it is to abandon magic entirely. And... I don't think I really want to do that. There's so many amazing things that I might be able to learn to do. And... I admit, I'm curious what it would be like."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #478 on: August 27, 2010, 05:13:14 AM »
>"Well, Patchouli said that only sure-fire way to avoid it is to abandon magic entirely. And... I don't think I really want to do that. There's so many amazing things that I might be able to learn to do. And... I admit, I'm curious what it would be like."

> Say this first. Now is not the time for dyslexia.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #479 on: August 27, 2010, 05:22:23 AM »

>"Huh," says Renko. "Aren't there magic users who aren't youkai, though? Either way, I don't think you should give it up."

> "I'm not really sure. They both have appeal. The youkai I've talked to all seem very happy to be youkai, and they seem to be more in tune with magic...but being human seems to be a very rare thing around here. It might be nice to stay this way, from a notoriety standpoint."
> "Actually, while we're on that subject, and since Byakuren was mentioned...I should tell you about an opportunity she presented to me, that you may be able to take as well. It...might conflict with your current plans, but the least I can do is give you the idea and let you make an informed decision."

>She nods. "They don't seem all that bad...well, except for the obvious. I think we'll be fine either way."
>Renko pauses as she reaches the tree line. "What's that?"

>_