Author Topic: Maribel Quest Followthrough - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 70092 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Maribel Quest Followthrough - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »
> "Understandable, and apologies for making that assumption. I still have a lot to learn here."
> "You mentioned Sanae's dream. Utsuho mentioned this too, and was regretful that she never actually found out what it was, if that can be believed. Is it still at all possible for that dream to be fulfilled somehow?"

>"No offense is taken," she says. "I understand you are simply new to thinking about these kinds of things."
>"Not fully, no," says Kanako. "Something approximating it my still be possible, but it would not be so for a long time. A great deal had to be done to make it workable at all."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2010, 05:50:53 PM »
> "If I may ask, what was this dream?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2010, 05:56:12 PM »
> "If I may ask, what was this dream?"

>"It is not my place to speak of it," says Kanako, "Any more than it is my place to tell Sanae of the concerns that ride upon your shoulders."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2010, 06:13:05 PM »
> "All right, I understand."
> "There's...not a whole lot else I can think of that Utsuho wanted to say, so...well, I guess I should at least speak up for her, as my friend. You did your thing for your family, correct? Utsuho tells me that she did it for hers, and both she and Satori have told me that Satori is grateful she did whatever she did. I am sorry things had to come to a head and worked out the way they apparently did, but please don't be too mad at her. She was only doing what she thought best for someone that cares so much about her."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »
> "All right, I understand."
> "There's...not a whole lot else I can think of that Utsuho wanted to say, so...well, I guess I should at least speak up for her, as my friend. You did your thing for your family, correct? Utsuho tells me that she did it for hers, and both she and Satori have told me that Satori is grateful she did whatever she did. I am sorry things had to come to a head and worked out the way they apparently did, but please don't be too mad at her. She was only doing what she thought best for someone that cares so much about her."

>"These are easy words to say, but difficult to practice," Kanako says. "But assure her I have no intention of further aggression if she has none. That said, I would also prefer to have little to do with her."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
> "I will let her know. Thank you for your understanding."
> "Let's...get away from her for a while. I actually have a curiosity of my own, which I'm hoping you may be able to explain. This morning, I was asked by Reimu to tell a woman named Komachi to get back to work. Apparently she somehow knew Komachi was slacking off because of 'weird flowers', however that works. When I got to Komachi, she told me the reason she hadn't been doing her job was because a large chunk of this place had turned into an ocean, so she couldn't do it. Was that a result of whatever it was that you did? Something that large-scale surely must have taken a lot of power, and I seem to recall being on an island, so..."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:30:29 PM by Yamameko no Naku Roda ni »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2010, 06:35:31 PM »
> "I will let her know. Thank you for your understanding."
> "Let's...get away from her for a while. I actually have a curiosity of my own, which I'm hoping you may be able to explain. This morning, I was asked by Reimu to tell a woman named Komachi to get back to work. Apparently she somehow knew Komachi was slacking off because of 'weird flowers', however that works. When I got to Komachi, she told me the reason she hadn't been doing her job was because a large chunk of this place had turned into an ocean, so she couldn't do it. Was that a result of whatever it was that you did? Something that large-scale surely must have taken a lot of power, and I seem to recall being on an island, so..."

>She nods.
>"Suwako has domain over the earth, and myself over the skies," says Kanako. "We used this to more this shrine here to begin with. We were able to do the same with Gensokyo on a large scale, though we found it easier to move the displaced ocean to here than to simply disperse it. That was the ocean Komachi saw."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »
> "I see. That's very impressive.
> "What exactly does Komachi do, anyway? She said she was a ferryman for the dead - how does that work? And if she ferried things for a living, why would an ocean stop her from doing her job? Couldn't she just go across it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »
> "I see. That's very impressive.
> "What exactly does Komachi do, anyway? She said she was a ferryman for the dead - how does that work? And if she ferried things for a living, why would an ocean stop her from doing her job? Couldn't she just go across it?"

>"The ocean should not have been a concern for her, but rather the river she always plies. And it is as you said, she carries the dead to Higan and prepares them for what is to come."

>_

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »
>"She said something about how the souls couldn't move across the ocean or something. Caused a big backup. She ended up having to take a vacation for a month or two or something."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2010, 07:03:46 PM »
>"She said something about how the souls couldn't move across the ocean or something. Caused a big backup. She ended up having to take a vacation for a month or two or something."

>Kanako nods. "I see. Interesting."

>_

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »
>"I admit I don't really know the details. They said they were trying to figure out how to fix it, somehow, but I don't know what that involves. At the time she said it, the ocean bit didn't even make a whole lot of sense to me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2010, 07:10:24 PM »
>"I admit I don't really know the details. They said they were trying to figure out how to fix it, somehow, but I don't know what that involves. At the time she said it, the ocean bit didn't even make a whole lot of sense to me."

>She nods again. "I believe they could have fixed it in time. But, I suppose it would have been problematic."

>_

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »
>"Another question, while I'm at it. Koishi was involved with you, when you did this, correct? I don't suppose you have any idea where I might be able to find her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2010, 07:21:13 PM »
>"Another question, while I'm at it. Koishi was involved with you, when you did this, correct? I don't suppose you have any idea where I might be able to find her?"

>"She is difficult to find, yes," says Kanako. "But I have watched for her. She was in the Forest of Magic this morning."

>_

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2010, 07:41:54 PM »
>"She was? So was I, actually, although I've heard that doesn't necessarily mean a lot. Do you know if she's still there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2010, 07:44:47 PM »
>"Right now, I cannot tell you," says Kanako. "Likely, she has found something that captures her interest."

>_

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2010, 08:27:49 PM »
>"Ah, I see. I'm not sure that I wish to, but do you know how I might be able to return to the outside world, should I choose to do so?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »
>"Ah, I see. I'm not sure that I wish to, but do you know how I might be able to return to the outside world, should I choose to do so?"

>She looks at you for a moment, considering, then says, "I would recommend speaking with Yukari or Reimu. Though I would also warn you, if you were to leave, without the help of one such as Yukari, you likely would never be able to return."

>_

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2010, 08:42:40 PM »
>"Ah, Yukari again. Reimu did say she was the best to talk to about that, although I've also been warned that getting involved with her can be... problematic. Since you say that you also transported yourself from the outside world into here, I didn't know if you also had the ability to send people back again."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:31 PM »
>"Ah, Yukari again. Reimu did say she was the best to talk to about that, although I've also been warned that getting involved with her can be... problematic. Since you say that you also transported yourself from the outside world into here, I didn't know if you also had the ability to send people back again."

>"Perhaps," she says, "It would be a little difficult, and I would prefer not to do so idly. And, it would bear the same warning with the Hakurei Maiden's services. There would be no way I could bring you back, outside of remaining and waiting for a prearranged time."

>_

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:38 PM »
>"I understand. I'm not ready to leave yet, at any rate. I just wanted to know my options. There's still so much more to see and do, here. You see, I've searched for things like magic for a long time, and to actually find myself in a place like this.... well, it's all pretty incredible."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »
>"I understand. I'm not ready to leave yet, at any rate. I just wanted to know my options. There's still so much more to see and do, here. You see, I've searched for things like magic for a long time, and to actually find myself in a place like this.... well, it's all pretty incredible."

>She smiles. "I can feel the sincerity in your words. I don't think anyone would begrudge you to stay, if you desired it."

>_

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2010, 09:40:39 PM »
>"It's an option I'll be seriously considering, I think. In any event, does your offer to look for some hint of Renko this evening still stand?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2010, 09:58:15 PM »
>"It's an option I'll be seriously considering, I think. In any event, does your offer to look for some hint of Renko this evening still stand?"

>"Of course it does," says Kanako, "Regardless of whether you agree with my actions or not, I have said that I would do this for you."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2010, 10:03:40 PM »
> "Well, like I said, I'm not here to judge. I don't know nearly enough about what happened to do so, even after all the things Keine told me. If I appear to have taken aside, it is because I trust my friend."

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2010, 10:04:18 PM »
>"Thank you."
>"Forgive me if this is prying, but several people commented that you were traveling around town and speaking with people a great deal more than usual. I was curious... were you seeing how much they remembered of Gensoyko Isle?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2010, 10:09:29 PM »
>"Thank you."
>"Forgive me if this is prying, but several people commented that you were traveling around town and speaking with people a great deal more than usual. I was curious... were you seeing how much they remembered of Gensoyko Isle?"

>She shakes her head. "Not as such. While I have heard many tales about it, in reality, I just wish to see my followers and be with them for now. It helps me feel better about what happened."

>_

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2010, 10:18:48 PM »
>"I understand. I imagine there's been plenty of hurt feelings to go around about this issue on all sides, from the sounds of it. At least it doesn't seem to have had much fallout for most of the bystanders in the end. Most of the people I've met have been neither wistful nor disturbed by their recollections."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2010, 10:23:13 PM »
> "Well, like I said, I'm not here to judge. I don't know nearly enough about what happened to do so, even after all the things Keine told me. If I appear to have taken aside, it is because I trust my friend."

>She nods. "I understand."

>"I understand. I imagine there's been plenty of hurt feelings to go around about this issue on all sides, from the sounds of it. At least it doesn't seem to have had much fallout for most of the bystanders in the end. Most of the people I've met have been neither wistful nor disturbed by their recollections."

>"I would suggest not mentioning it around Suwako," says Kanako. "She may decide to try to avenge herself on a whim. And, I cannot speak for Koishi, but she too would be strongly affected. As for the others, I feel it would be best if they simply forgot. Though the Kappa seem determined to do otherwise..."

>_