Author Topic: Maribel Quest Followthrough - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 70093 times)

Re: Maribel Quest Followthrough - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2010, 10:28:01 PM »
>"I'll keep your warning in mind, but I have to wonder what kind of revenge she could get from someone like me? Simply because I'm friends with Utsuho? I knew no more about what occurred than any other random person until it was explained to me."
>"As for the kappa, if they were already mechanically inclined, I can't say that I can blame them for being inspired by what they saw. From their perspective, the outside world must be a treasure trove of amazing things in the same way that this place is for me.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
>"I'll keep your warning in mind, but I have to wonder what kind of revenge she could get from someone like me? Simply because I'm friends with Utsuho? I knew no more about what occurred than any other random person until it was explained to me."
>"As for the kappa, if they were already mechanically inclined, I can't say that I can blame them for being inspired by what they saw. From their perspective, the outside world must be a treasure trove of amazing things in the same way that this place is for me.

>"I cannot spoke for Koishi," says Kanako. "But for Suwako just saying the wrong things can be enough if you put her in a mood. She might fee bad later and try to make up for it, but that would be after the fact."
>She nods. "Very true. I am slightly afraid they may hurt themselves, though."

>_

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2010, 10:42:23 PM »
>"Well, hopefully they don't. Actually, I rather hope they succeed at some of what they're trying; as mundane as some of it may be, there's still things from outside I'd miss if I were to stay here. You came from outside originally, too, right? So I imagine you can understand that bit. But I guess they're working uphill given that there's so little infrastructure already here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2010, 10:56:01 PM »
>"Well, hopefully they don't. Actually, I rather hope they succeed at some of what they're trying; as mundane as some of it may be, there's still things from outside I'd miss if I were to stay here. You came from outside originally, too, right? So I imagine you can understand that bit. But I guess they're working uphill given that there's so little infrastructure already here."

>She nods. "There may be some interesting results. I simply hope none are interesting enough others will have to intervene. I wouldn't let lack of infrastructure worry you, they can be quite creative regardless."

>_

« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »
>"Well, I've already learned that much of Gensokyo runs on powers that don't make much sense in the outside world. Nitori's already drafting plans for a ghost-powered air conditioner, for example...."

>"In any event, I've probably taken enough of your time. Thanks for being understanding, and thanks very much for your offer of assistance. I guess I should return later in the evening to see if you've discovered anything?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2010, 11:16:43 PM »
>"Well, I've already learned that much of Gensokyo runs on powers that don't make much sense in the outside world. Nitori's already drafting plans for a ghost-powered air conditioner, for example...."

>"In any event, I've probably taken enough of your time. Thanks for being understanding, and thanks very much for your offer of assistance. I guess I should return later in the evening to see if you've discovered anything?"

>She frowns a bit as you mention Nitori's plans, but says nothing.
>She nods. "You man return as you wish. Should I find anything this evening, I will let you know."

>_

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2010, 11:18:43 PM »
>"Thank you."
>Get up
>Can we see a donation box around, somewhere?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2010, 11:25:23 PM »
>"Thank you."
>Get up
>Can we see a donation box around, somewhere?

>"You are welcome," says Kanako as you stand.  You can see a donation box not too far from the fortune draws.

>_

« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2010, 11:27:32 PM »
>Go and leave a reasonable donation before leaving

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »
> Are we going to leave without talking to Sanae again?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2010, 11:33:20 PM »
If you want to go talk to her, be my guest.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2010, 11:35:15 PM »
>Go and leave a reasonable donation before leaving

>You don't really have any idea what is reasonable in the currency you have.

> Are we going to leave without talking to Sanae again?

>You could probably talk to her, if you wanted to.

>_

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2010, 12:03:48 AM »
> How much money do we have on us, again?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2010, 12:05:57 AM »
> How much money do we have on us, again?

>You have 125☼ at the moment.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2010, 12:16:27 AM »
> 30☼ should be enough to donate, so donate that much.
> Is it a custom to say a prayer at shrine's after donating? If so, pray for Renko's safety.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2010, 12:22:43 AM »
> Make sure to talk to Sanae before we leave.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2010, 12:32:21 AM »
> 30☼ should be enough to donate, so donate that much.
> Is it a custom to say a prayer at shrine's after donating? If so, pray for Renko's safety.

>You donate 30☼ to the Shrine.
>You have no idea what the customs are here, but you say a quick prayer for Renko's safety. Life sure is weird, you wouldn't have even really thought of doing something like this a couple days ago.

> Make sure to talk to Sanae before we leave.

>Yeah, you should probably get on that.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2010, 12:35:22 AM »
> Turn to Kanako.
> "Um...  If it isn't too much trouble, could I talk to Sanae?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2010, 12:43:02 AM »
> Turn to Kanako.
> "Um...  If it isn't too much trouble, could I talk to Sanae?"

>"It would be no trouble at all," says Kanako. She turns and calls "Sanae dear! Maribel would like to speak with you!"
>After a moment, the shrine doors open, and Sanae emerges, looks around, and focuses on you. "Yes?"
>Kanako quietly excuses herself and enters the shrine, close the door behind her.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:19 AM »
> "So...how much of what happened recently are you aware of?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2010, 12:59:41 AM »
> "So...how much of what happened recently are you aware of?"

>"I am not certain what you mean? With the dream? I've not bothered about it much, really. Kanako-sama assured me it wasn't the harbinger of an incident."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2010, 01:09:59 AM »
> "Ah, okay."
> Let's NOT tell her about the real nature of the dream. Kanako wouldn't keep it a secret from her without reason.
> "If I may ask, what happened in your dream?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2010, 01:22:36 AM »
> "Ah, okay."
> Let's NOT tell her about the real nature of the dream. Kanako wouldn't keep it a secret from her without reason.
> "If I may ask, what happened in your dream?"

>"Well, like everyone else, I was in the outside world," she says. "I worked as a test pilot, you see, for experimental new jets. It felt so...glamorous, I suppose. I really thought I had put that kind of nonsense behind me when I came to Gensokyo. Also, we had the shrine on an island nation, but it wasn't like before. People came from all over to see it and pray there. People really believed, you see. And that let Kanako-sama and Suwako-sama live there happily. Many of my friends where there too, even though I didn't see all of them."
>She shakes her head. "You probably think this is a little childish."

>_

« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2010, 01:30:57 AM »
>"No, it doesn't really sound childish at all. And do... people here not really believe? I mean, you'd think belief would be easier to come by in a place where magic and divine power are so much more tangible."
>"Do you miss the outside world? I heard that you originally came from there, yourself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2010, 01:41:49 AM »
>"No, it doesn't really sound childish at all. And do... people here not really believe? I mean, you'd think belief would be easier to come by in a place where magic and divine power are so much more tangible."
>"Do you miss the outside world? I heard that you originally came from there, yourself."

>"No, belief here is quite strong," says Sanae, "But outside, well, it's different."
>"Not really," she says. "One adapts remarkably fast. But there's always those little things, I suppose.."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »
> "Believe me, I understand desires of the outside world. More than most in Gensokyo, I bet. I am a little curious, though - what is the difference between flying in a jet and simply flying by yourself, as you can probably do here? There must be something that makes the jet interesting to you..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2010, 01:54:10 AM »
> "Believe me, I understand desires of the outside world. More than most in Gensokyo, I bet. I am a little curious, though - what is the difference between flying in a jet and simply flying by yourself, as you can probably do here? There must be something that makes the jet interesting to you..."

>She nods as you express your sympathy, then says, "I suppose it's the difference between a marathon runner and a rider. The latter is just more...romantic, don't you think?"

>_

« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2010, 02:05:30 AM »
>"I... think I may understand what you mean, a little. Of course, from my perspective, being able to fly under one's own power is... pretty incredible."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2010, 02:14:01 AM »
>"I... think I may understand what you mean, a little. Of course, from my perspective, being able to fly under one's own power is... pretty incredible."

>"Well, yes," she says, "But, there isn't the feeling of having a huge machine all around you'd, cushioned snugly inside it, having all of its speed and power at yous fingertips. No magic to hold you up, just engineering and cleverness... The feeling would be totally different."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2010, 02:14:49 AM »
> "Hmm...the kappa have apparently been very busy lately. Busy with some outside world stuff, no less. I wonder if they'd be able to make a jet with the resources Gensokyo has..."