Author Topic: Maribel Quest Succeeding - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 75278 times)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: Maribel Quest Succeeding - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: August 16, 2010, 10:33:19 PM »
> "I see.  I figured she might be here if she was in Gensokyo at all."
> "How much of the dream do you remember?  And who exactly is planning the university?"

« Reply #961 on: August 16, 2010, 10:33:40 PM »
>"Just about everyone, as far as I can tell. How much do you remember about your dream, anyway?"
>"Is that big building going up related to all this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: August 16, 2010, 10:40:14 PM »
> "I see.  I figured she might be here if she was in Gensokyo at all."
> "How much of the dream do you remember?  And who exactly is planning the university?"

>"Just about everyone, as far as I can tell. How much do you remember about your dream, anyway?"
>"Is that big building going up related to all this?"

>"Sorry," says Nitori. "Hm, you probably checked underground. She might be lost in the wilds somewhere."
>She pursues her lips. "So it wasn't just the mountain. And I remember a good deal, I think. Enough to know I'm gonna have to be really creative to get this air conditioner off the ground. And, there's a committee. I've been asked to join it, but I'm too busy right now."
>"Yeah, that's going to be the university."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #963 on: August 16, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
> "I assume the committee is full of others who remember the dream.  May I get some of their names if possible?  I think that unraveling some of the mysteries surrounding the dream may help me find my way out of Gensokyo and back into my world."

« Reply #964 on: August 16, 2010, 10:46:10 PM »
> "I assume the committee is full of others who remember the dream.  May I get some of their names if possible?  I think that unraveling some of the mysteries surrounding the dream may help me find my way out of Gensokyo and back into my world."

>What can we expect them to tell us that Keine couldn't? And didn't just establish that basically everyone remembers parts of it, anyway?

>"It all sounds pretty exciting. How much do you think you'll be able to replicate? I don't know what kind of infrastructure you have around here, already."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #965 on: August 16, 2010, 10:51:04 PM »

>"Yeah, everyone does," says Nitori, "Most not all that well. But a lot remember The University in some respect or another, and think it's a great idea. I don't know who all's on it."

>What can we expect them to tell us that Keine couldn't? And didn't just establish that basically everyone remembers parts of it, anyway?

>"It all sounds pretty exciting. How much do you think you'll be able to replicate? I don't know what kind of infrastructure you have around here, already."

>Keine definitely knows more than they would.
>"With this?" she taps the box for emphasis. "I kinda need to find something to keep it cold. I was thinking about maybe trying to trap a little ghost inside. Well, that and a power source. I don't think any of the batteries we made will hold up for long enough."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #966 on: August 16, 2010, 10:52:03 PM »
> Everyone seems to remember varying aspects of it.  Even still, Keine won't remember the entire thing and neither will Okuu since they couldn't have been everywhere in the Other Gensokyo.  Even still, the more information we have on the happening should give us ammo to use against Moriya should they be none too pleased that someone is digging around.
> Further, the people working on the university are likely to be helpful and could be helpful in other ways.  Or they've seen Renko.

« Reply #967 on: August 16, 2010, 10:54:49 PM »
>"Trap a ghost inside? How would that actually be accomplished? And would that even work? Surely that's... not how this sort of thing worked in the dream, is it?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #968 on: August 16, 2010, 10:57:26 PM »
> "How can ghosts provide energy though, aren't they incorporeal?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #969 on: August 16, 2010, 11:01:20 PM »
> Everyone seems to remember varying aspects of it.  Even still, Keine won't remember the entire thing and neither will Okuu since they couldn't have been everywhere in the Other Gensokyo.  Even still, the more information we have on the happening should give us ammo to use against Moriya should they be none too pleased that someone is digging around.
> Further, the people working on the university are likely to be helpful and could be helpful in other ways.  Or they've seen Renko.

>If you're looking for details about Gensokyo Island, asking around would be a good idea.

>"Trap a ghost inside? How would that actually be accomplished? And would that even work? Surely that's... not how this sort of thing worked in the dream, is it?"
> "How can ghosts provide energy though, aren't they incorporeal?"

>"Yeah. You put in a jar with a little ghost, some talismans on it to keep it inside, and there you got. And no, it wasn't. but you have to work with what you got. And sure it'd work. Ghosts are cold, you see. If you touch one too long, you'd get frostbite. No energy, though. You'd need something else to run the fans and stuff."

>_

« Reply #970 on: August 16, 2010, 11:10:11 PM »
>"Wouldn't that be... a bit unkind to the ghost? To be made into a coolant for an air conditioner?"
>"And did you have any ideas for the power source? I'm curious."

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #971 on: August 16, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »
> We're going to have to end up asking that Yukari lady if we want any hope of finding Renko, aren't we?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #972 on: August 16, 2010, 11:20:26 PM »
>"Wouldn't that be... a bit unkind to the ghost? To be made into a coolant for an air conditioner?"
>"And did you have any ideas for the power source? I'm curious."

>"Maybe, I've never heard 'em complain," says Nitori with a shrug.
>"Well, we've made some batteries for little things, but...I dunno if it'd be enough. If Utsuho would could back, we might really be able to get things flying on making a large scale power source. Well, once the university fervor dies down a bit."

> We're going to have to end up asking that Yukari lady if we want any hope of finding Renko, aren't we?

>That may be a possibility. But there has to be parts of Gensokyo you've not explored yet...

>_

« Reply #973 on: August 16, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »
>"Utsuho's a little tied up at the moment, I'm afraid. Couldn't leave the city or she would have come herself. I can let her know about the project the next time I see her, though."
>"And how do you go about finding and catching the ghost in the first place, though?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #974 on: August 16, 2010, 11:31:02 PM »
>"Utsuho's a little tied up at the moment, I'm afraid. Couldn't leave the city or she would have come herself. I can let her know about the project the next time I see her, though."
>"And how do you go about finding and catching the ghost in the first place, though?"

>Nitori nods. "Not surprising, if I remember her and Parsee hooking up being right."
>"Well, you got to an old house or a graveyard, one of the places ghosts like to hand out, and you get something seal 'em up with. It's like catching butterflies, but with a few steps"

>_

« Reply #975 on: August 16, 2010, 11:35:54 PM »
>"Yeah, it's... complicated at the moment down there."
>"I know you said you haven't heard about any other humans being around here, but do you know anyone else that might be good to ask about that sort of thing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #976 on: August 16, 2010, 11:42:57 PM »
>"Yeah, it's... complicated at the moment down there."
>"I know you said you haven't heard about any other humans being around here, but do you know anyone else that might be good to ask about that sort of thing?"

>She nods.
>"You might ask Kanako," says Nitori. "She reads the wind, or at least she claims to. Maybe she'll know something."

>_

« Reply #977 on: August 16, 2010, 11:44:23 PM »
>"What've the Moryia Goddesses been up to lately, anyway? Since this whole dream business?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #978 on: August 16, 2010, 11:48:45 PM »
>"What've the Moryia Goddesses been up to lately, anyway? Since this whole dream business?"

>Nitori shrugs. "About the same as always, I guess. I've not been up that way yet."

>_

« Reply #979 on: August 16, 2010, 11:58:49 PM »
>"Is it safe for a human to go up that way? I've heard people tell me the tengu are kinda territorial."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #980 on: August 17, 2010, 12:01:25 AM »
>"Is it safe for a human to go up that way? I've heard people tell me the tengu are kinda territorial."

>"Depends on why," says Nitori. "The delivery man lives up there, I think."

>_

« Reply #981 on: August 17, 2010, 12:04:33 AM »
>"Well, just if I wanted to ask if they'd seen any sign of Renko, that's all."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #982 on: August 17, 2010, 12:29:25 AM »
>"Well, just if I wanted to ask if they'd seen any sign of Renko, that's all."

>"That might work," says Nitori.

>_

« Reply #983 on: August 17, 2010, 12:31:05 AM »
>"Might? What do you think I should expect? Any pointers or warnings?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: August 17, 2010, 12:35:37 AM »
>"Might? What do you think I should expect? Any pointers or warnings?"

>"The person you're going to have to convince is whoever's guarding the path. That'd be Momiji, probably. She's a wolf tengu, has the fluffiest tail you've ever seen. You'll have to impress her with your need to be there. She's thickheaded about orders, but good enough to make exceptions when necessary."

>_

« Reply #985 on: August 17, 2010, 12:38:49 AM »
>"Good enough."
>"I don't suppose there's anything I might be able to lend a hand with, other than passing the word about the project along to Okuu?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: August 17, 2010, 12:45:53 AM »
>"Good enough."
>"I don't suppose there's anything I might be able to lend a hand with, other than passing the word about the project along to Okuu?"

>"Um, if you give me some time, I'll write her a letter or something. It'd be nice if you carried that for me."

>_

« Reply #987 on: August 17, 2010, 12:48:58 AM »
>"Absolutely. It would be my pleasure."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: August 17, 2010, 12:51:11 AM »
>"Absolutely. It would be my pleasure."

>"Alright, I oughta have it done by the time you get back," she says.

>_

« Reply #989 on: August 17, 2010, 12:58:28 AM »
>"Ok, good enough. Wish me luck!"
>Head outside
>Look for a path up the mountain
>Follow it