Author Topic: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80117 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: August 05, 2010, 03:14:51 AM »
> "I apologize, I did not realize this was your garden."
> Are we being extra sure we're not even touching any flowers? Let's be extra extra sure.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: August 05, 2010, 03:16:41 AM »
> "I apologize, I did not realize this was your garden."
> Are we being extra sure we're not even touching any flowers? Let's be extra extra sure.

>"Really?" she says, "I would think it quite obvious. Where else would you find such an arrangement?"
>You are not going to let your feet touch the ground. Swearing off walking for life feels like a great idea right now.

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #962 on: August 05, 2010, 03:18:57 AM »
> "Well, I am new to this place. I mean, this Gensokyo in general. At best I've heard your name being spoken a couple times, and that touching your flowers is a very bad idea. This is, however, a VERY nice garden and I probably should have connected the dots...if you'd prefer I leave I can find another way, if you'd like?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #963 on: August 05, 2010, 03:22:09 AM »
> "Well, I am new to this place. I mean, this Gensokyo in general. At best I've heard your name being spoken a couple times, and that touching your flowers is a very bad idea. This is, however, a VERY nice garden and I probably should have connected the dots...if you'd prefer I leave I can find another way, if you'd like?"

>She chuckles. "Oh my, you think you can barge in, and then just leave? Just where were you raised, I wonder, Miss Maribel?"

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #964 on: August 05, 2010, 03:26:33 AM »
> "Well, if you'd prefer I not leave I can stay around awhile as well"
> Give an uncertain smile here
> "As for where I was raised, a place called Japan. Honestly, I really should know better than to have been so impolite."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #965 on: August 05, 2010, 03:26:52 AM »
> "I am sorry, I didn't intend to be rude. I just thought that if I am intruding that I should leave."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #966 on: August 05, 2010, 03:37:47 AM »
> "Well, if you'd prefer I not leave I can stay around awhile as well"
> Give an uncertain smile here
> "As for where I was raised, a place called Japan. Honestly, I really should know better than to have been so impolite."

>"Oh yes, I think it would be best, don't you?"
>You give an uncertain smile. Did her eyes just narrow a tiny bit?
>"So I see. How interesting."

> "I am sorry, I didn't intend to be rude. I just thought that if I am intruding that I should leave."

>"One's first instinct should be to make up for their mistakes, not run from them. Anyone should know that, don't you think?"
>"Come along."
>She begins to walk southwest.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #967 on: August 05, 2010, 03:39:24 AM »
>"I'm afraid I didn't realize that flying OVER a location was intrusive. I will not make that mistake again."
>Follow nervously. Do not touch any flowers.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #968 on: August 05, 2010, 03:40:20 AM »
> She said come along, so follow her.
> "The flowers truely are beautiful though, I don't think I have ever seen such beauty in nature."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #969 on: August 05, 2010, 03:41:10 AM »
> "Say, I don't suppose you also have a fuzzy dream memory of seemingly recent events?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: August 05, 2010, 03:44:30 AM »
>"I'm afraid I didn't realize that flying OVER a location was intrusive. I will not make that mistake again."
>Follow nervously. Do not touch any flowers.

>She shakes her head, her expression unreadable since she is leading the way. "Why would you think that? Does this place you come from have no respect for airspace?"
>You follow along, doing your best not to even let a breeze from your passage touch the flowers. It is not easy, woman, presumably Yuka, is walking at normal speed, and flying that slowly is difficult.

> She said come along, so follow her.
> "The flowers truely are beautiful though, I don't think I have ever seen such beauty in nature."

>"Hahahaha, flattery won't get you anywhere, dear, but do go on."

> "Say, I don't suppose you also have a fuzzy dream memory of seemingly recent events?"

>"And how would you know about that?" she asks, her voice turning strangely calm, in a way that sets hair on edge.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #971 on: August 05, 2010, 03:46:33 AM »
> Oh shit what did I say.
> "Uh...basically everyone else has, including Reimu, who seems to be fairly important here. I figured you might as well."
> "And we don't really have rules about airspace because people normally can't fly where I come from. I guess it makes sense that there would be rules about that here, though."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #972 on: August 05, 2010, 03:51:08 AM »
> "I truly mean it, the flowers are beautiful! The cloest I ever see to this degree of work and beauty is on a far smaller scale, and even then it doesn't seem this beautiful. Anyone who can appriciate nature's beauty, even if only slightly, would likely say the same."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: August 05, 2010, 03:53:11 AM »
> Oh shit what did I say.
> "Uh...basically everyone else has, including Reimu, who seems to be fairly important here. I figured you might as well."
> "And we don't really have rules about airspace because people normally can't fly where I come from. I guess it makes sense that there would be rules about that here, though."

>You aren't sure, perhaps she doesn't like strangers knowing about her dreams?
>"Is that so?" she says. "Interesting."
>"I would imagine common sense would dictate that without any real need for consideration. It is rather like the left leg being next to the right, wouldn't you agree?"

> "I truly mean it, the flowers are beautiful! The cloest I ever see to this degree of work and beauty is on a far smaller scale, and even then it doesn't seem this beautiful. Anyone who can appriciate nature's beauty, even if only slightly, would likely say the same."

>"Don't you think you're laying it on just a little too thick to be believed?" says Yuka.
>You think you are drawing close to the southern edge of the garden.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #974 on: August 05, 2010, 03:57:01 AM »
> "The best I can offer is that my common sense has been shot since I got here, as evidenced by my asking someone else about their dreams without prompt or permission. I've seen so many amazing things I never dreamed possible. I do suppose you are correct, though."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #975 on: August 05, 2010, 03:59:47 AM »
>"I know it seems silly, but until now it was a completely foreign idea to me. Like... well, if something was used to having only one leg, in the metaphor you used. I'd never seen anyone fly on their own before today, let alone done it myself... but all things considered, you are right."
>"And... I might be exaggerating since there were so few flowers in the world I remember. So many places were built up and covered in stone, rather than grown with such love..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #976 on: August 05, 2010, 04:02:20 AM »
> "The best I can offer is that my common sense has been shot since I got here, as evidenced by my asking someone else about their dreams without prompt or permission. I've seen so many amazing things I never dreamed possible. I do suppose you are correct, though."

>"I know it seems silly, but until now it was a completely foreign idea to me. Like... well, if something was used to having only one leg, in the metaphor you used. I'd never seen anyone fly on their own before today, let alone done it myself... but all things considered, you are right."
>"And... I might be exaggerating since there were so few flowers in the world I remember. So many places were built up and covered in stone, rather than grown with such love..."

>"Well, that's a good sign you shouldn't just be blundering about!"
>She stops. "Ah, here we are."
>Yuka kneels down and picks up a small, flat wooden box, a few potted flowers in it.
>"Here you go," she says, turning around and holding it out toward you, still smiling.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #977 on: August 05, 2010, 04:04:17 AM »
>Can we carry this safely?
>examine box, flowers

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #978 on: August 05, 2010, 04:10:33 AM »
> "Thank you."
> If nothing would stop us, take the box.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: August 05, 2010, 04:11:24 AM »
>Can we carry this safely?
>examine box, flowers

>You think so, but it is going to occupy both of your hands, and make it difficult to carry your Branch.
>The box is made of light, sturdy wood. There are eight potted flowers in them, all of them of apparently the same type. They have upturned petals that fold upwards toward a central point, red fading to yellow in color.
> "Thank you."
> If nothing would stop us, take the box.

>Yuka nods. "That's a good girl."
>You take the box

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #980 on: August 05, 2010, 04:15:49 AM »
> "So, ah, whats this for?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #981 on: August 05, 2010, 04:16:20 AM »
>"Would you like me to help plant these?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #982 on: August 05, 2010, 04:26:08 AM »
> "So, ah, whats this for?"
>"Would you like me to help plant these?"

>"See, that wasn't so hard," she says. "You're going to find the best spot to plant these, and plant them! Together or separate, it doesn't matter. They'll want about 6-8 hours of sunlight, at least, and some shade. Not too close to a tree, they'll starve."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #983 on: August 05, 2010, 04:53:02 AM »
>How much do we know about gardening?
>Momentary stun at how pleasant a punishment this is.
>"Um... should this be near the edges of your field, or wherever I can find a good spot?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: August 05, 2010, 05:13:34 AM »
>How much do we know about gardening?
>Momentary stun at how pleasant a punishment this is.
>"Um... should this be near the edges of your field, or wherever I can find a good spot?"

>Not a whole lot. You know how not to stab yourself with a spade.
>This...doesn't seem so bad.
>"Why would I need more flowers here?" Yuka says. "I want you to take them out into the world."

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #985 on: August 05, 2010, 05:14:53 AM »
> "Uh, the world? You mean the outside world?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #986 on: August 05, 2010, 05:15:41 AM »
> "Uh, the world? You mean the outside world?"

>Don't be this stupid.
>"Alright. Is there anywhere in particular you'd recommend?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #987 on: August 05, 2010, 05:22:06 AM »
>Don't be this stupid.
>"Alright. Is there anywhere in particular you'd recommend?"

>"I'll leave it up to you," says Yuka. "But do be aware, if you try to be lazy about it, or pawn the task off on someone else, I will be aware of it. And I will be very displeased in how you treat my flowers. But it is fine to ask others for advice. Is there anything else you need to know?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #988 on: August 05, 2010, 05:28:42 AM »
>Swallow hard.
>"Would it be alright if I asked you for advice on how to plant them? I'm afraid I have no experience with it."
>If yes and she doesn't go into an explanation on her own, "How can I estimate how much sunlight they'd get? These need... six to eight hours, right?"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:33:15 AM by E-Nazrin »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #989 on: August 05, 2010, 05:35:27 AM »
>Swallow hard.
>"Would it be alright if I asked you for advice on how to plant them? I'm afraid I have no experience with it.
>If yes and she doesn't go into an explanation on her own, "How can I estimate how much sunlight they'd get? These need... six to eight hours, right?"

>Maybe this wasn't so great after all...
>"About 5 inches deep," she says. "The pots will guide you there."
>"Just look where the shadows will fall along the east and west," she says. "Six to eight hours is a lower limit, but they do like some shade, too, so don't just put them in the middle of a field. Anything else?"

>_