Author Topic: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80531 times)

Re: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #570 on: August 02, 2010, 09:11:20 PM »
>Take the branch
>Follow her

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #571 on: August 02, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »
>Take the branch
>Follow her

>You obtain: Branch
>Byakuren leads you behind the ship-turned-temple. You can hear someone sawing away inside. Behind it, you can see an old, square-style tent. Past it is a wild grassland as far as your eyes can see.
>"This should do," says Byakuren. "The first step to danmaku, or any kind of mystical art, is to learn to draw upon your inner potential. It sounds complicated, but it really is not. Once you get used to it, you'll be able to do it practically at a moment's notice. For now, take that branch in both hands and hold it in front of you. Then, I want you to close your eyes, and just focus on it. Try to feel the warm inside it."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #572 on: August 02, 2010, 09:20:48 PM »
> Close our eyes.
> Focus on the branch in an attempt to feel the warmth.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #573 on: August 02, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »
> Close our eyes.
> Focus on the branch in an attempt to feel the warmth.

>You follow her instructions. The branch, however, is about as cold as you would expect the branch to be. It's been inside all day, probably, and in a box or something. But you keep at, and...hey, there's some warmth. Where'd that come from?

>_

« Reply #574 on: August 02, 2010, 09:32:16 PM »
>Focus on the warmth, and keep concentrating

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #575 on: August 02, 2010, 09:42:37 PM »
>Focus on the warmth, and keep concentrating

>You can feel it, alright.
>"Once you have it," says Byakuren softly, "I want you to focus on drawing it into your hands. Just imagine it pulling back into your hands. Once you've done this, hold onto that feeling, envision a bullet, extend your palm, and release."

>_

« Reply #576 on: August 02, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »
>Visualize reaching out to this warmth with our hands
>Grasp it, hold it, give it form
>Thrust our palm forward and open our eyes
>Release!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #577 on: August 02, 2010, 09:52:12 PM »
>Visualize reaching out to this warmth with our hands
>Grasp it, hold it, give it form
>Thrust our palm forward and open our eyes
>Release!

>You do these things and...a little white sphere flies out from your palm! You watch, speechless, as it lazily flies toward the grassland before vanishing.

>_

« Reply #578 on: August 02, 2010, 09:54:46 PM »
>"That was- I can't believe I just did that! I mean, it doesn't look very threatening, but..."
>Remain awestruck for a moment

>Try it again

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #579 on: August 02, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »
> Try making it a different colour

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #580 on: August 02, 2010, 10:06:50 PM »
>"That was- I can't believe I just did that! I mean, it doesn't look very threatening, but..."
>Remain awestruck for a moment

>Try it again
> Try making it a different colour

>"The first one's always the hardest," says Byakuren. "If you have the talent, it's not hard to pick it up. I suppose that might be part of what brought you here. But, doing it, and being good at it, are two different things."
>Holy shit, you just did real, bona fide, no foolin' magic! You just made the laws of science and reason a joke. You feel giddy!
>You try it again. Remembering some of the things you've seen earlier, you try to make a red one.
>You fire off another one, this time conjuring it a bit faster than before. It has a reddish tinge to it.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #581 on: August 02, 2010, 10:13:30 PM »
>"Oh my god this is awesome."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #582 on: August 02, 2010, 10:24:12 PM »
>"Oh my god this is awesome."

>It really is, holy crap.
>"I remember how I felt, when I first pulled it off." says Byakuren, chuckling. "Now, try to hold it for a moment, and conjure as many as you can imagine."

>_

« Reply #583 on: August 02, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »
>Draw in power again. Try to hold even more than before
>Visualize a huge swarm of danmaku. Even if we can't pull that off, may as well think big!
>Release!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »
>Draw in power again. Try to hold even more than before
>Visualize a huge swarm of danmaku. Even if we can't pull that off, may as well think big!
>Release!

>You repeat the process, visualizing a swarm that would make Deva K cry, and...you create five of them! They whizz away in a little cloud.
>"Not bad," says Byakuren.

>_

« Reply #585 on: August 02, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »
>Try it again. Gotta keep practicing!

>How much range do we appear to be getting on these shots?

>"How much injury do you think this would actually inflict on someone if I hit them with it? I... wouldn't want to hurt someone too much by mistake."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #586 on: August 02, 2010, 10:51:45 PM »
>Try it again. Gotta keep practicing!

>How much range do we appear to be getting on these shots?

>"How much injury do you think this would actually inflict on someone if I hit them with it? I... wouldn't want to hurt someone too much by mistake."

>You try it again, with similar results. But it doesn't take as long this time.
>They seem to fly about ten yards or so. Maybe a bit more, it's hard to see when get too far away.
>"Just one of those isn't too bad. Danmaku, in generally, isn't very harmful in the long run. In the short run you can knock people out, or put them in quite a lot of pain. But you'll recover quickly. That said, some people will use this as an excuse to fight over any little thing. I expect you not to be one of those people."
>"When you're ready, I want you to try to aim a shot to your left."

>_

« Reply #587 on: August 02, 2010, 10:55:02 PM »
>"No, I don't want to hurt anyone. But I'd like to make myself a less easy target. I've already had an oni try to kidnap me, today."

>Visualize a more concentrated stream, and aim it at the indicated location

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #588 on: August 02, 2010, 11:05:37 PM »
>"No, I don't want to hurt anyone. But I'd like to make myself a less easy target. I've already had an oni try to kidnap me, today."

>Visualize a more concentrated stream, and aim it at the indicated location

>She nods. "I understand."
>You direct your hand to the left, and fire a stream in that direction. It comes easily enough, and you're pleased to see the line is fairly straight.
>"Good," she says, "You're not confined to one position. When you get better, you won't need to project it from your hands."

>_

« Reply #589 on: August 02, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »
>"Is the hand just a concentration aid, then? Something to give a beginner to focus on?"

>Try projecting one forward without the hand gesture.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #590 on: August 02, 2010, 11:21:05 PM »
>"Is the hand just a concentration aid, then? Something to give a beginner to focus on?"

>Try projecting one forward without the hand gesture.

>"The palm is one of the places where mystical energy gathers naturally. So yes, it is easiest there. Once you've advanced sufficiently, it won't be necessary."
>You try again, and end up firing a shot from your palms toward your feet.

>_

« Reply #591 on: August 02, 2010, 11:25:24 PM »
>"Ah, I see. Well, going to have to work on that one."
>"And I guess the only thing to it at this point is lots of practice. Or do you have any more helpful hints?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #592 on: August 02, 2010, 11:40:19 PM »
>"Ah, I see. Well, going to have to work on that one."
>"And I guess the only thing to it at this point is lots of practice. Or do you have any more helpful hints?"

>"For the time being, I would recommend working on your invocation time. The sooner you can fire, the better. It will help you draw more potential as well. If you want to try firing without your hands, gather the feeling elsewhere. Once you are more skilled, you should be able to automatically gather it throughout yourself without trouble. You can try to project it outside of yourself before forming the shot, and form it outside of yourself."
>"Once you get better, you can try to form different kinds of bullets, and direct them to move in motions that are not straight lines. As you've probably gathered, the heart of Danmaku is misdirection and trickery. No one can create enough to make something truly inescapable. So instead, you must be clever. As well, and equally important, it is a contest of beauty. Simple utilitarian patterns won't carry you far, people unravel them too quickly. It is also a point of pride, for lack of better words. A display of ability.  As well, your abilities will affect your danmaku. Right now, you don't have much to draw upon to shape it. But as you learn more, you'll be able to apply it to your danmaku."
>"I hope this isn't too much for you?"

« Reply #593 on: August 02, 2010, 11:44:17 PM »
>"No, I think I understand what you mean."
>"As for abilities... I've always been able to sense the presence of boundaries. That's sort of a passive thing, and I'm not sure it's relevant, but do you think there's any way I could use that in consort with this?"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #594 on: August 02, 2010, 11:45:10 PM »
>nod
>"It makes enough sense, yes. You mentioned I seemed to have an affinity with... barriers and time, right? Do you know what that might imply?"
>examine inventory
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #595 on: August 02, 2010, 11:52:56 PM »
>"No, I think I understand what you mean."
>"As for abilities... I've always been able to sense the presence of boundaries. That's sort of a passive thing, and I'm not sure it's relevant, but do you think there's any way I could use that in consort with this?"

>"It be useful," says Byakuren. "I couldn't tell you how to use that, though. You'll have to find your own way to do so. Perhaps Reimu could help you?"

>nod
>"It makes enough sense, yes. You mentioned I seemed to have an affinity with... barriers and time, right? Do you know what that might imply?"
>examine inventory

>"It implies you have a fair amount of ability with magic that would involve them. You would learn them more easily than others. But, as I said, you're also quite versatile. You won't achieve a great deal of power, but you should be able to learn many things."
>Your inventory contains
>Mop Hat (worn as Hat)
>Purple Dress (Worn as clothing)
>Branch

>_
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 11:56:43 PM by Purvisen Silver »

« Reply #596 on: August 02, 2010, 11:55:27 PM »
>"Ah, I see. Do you think you could show me a little about the flying thing now, too? Or have I already imposed on enough of your time? I'm sorry, I'm sure you have other things to be doing, but it's just that this is all so amazing to me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #597 on: August 02, 2010, 11:59:44 PM »
>"Ah, I see. Do you think you could show me a little about the flying thing now, too? Or have I already imposed on enough of your time? I'm sorry, I'm sure you have other things to be doing, but it's just that this is all so amazing to me."

>"Well, a little, But I like you, so I suppose it won't hurt to leave Nazrin and Ichirin to themselves a bit longer. And I think I'm uniquely suited to help with this. Hold out your arms?"

>_

« Reply #598 on: August 03, 2010, 12:00:31 AM »
>"Thanks."
>Hold out our arms

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #599 on: August 03, 2010, 12:01:41 AM »
> Think 'Is that so?' in our heads while holding arms out.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"