Author Topic: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80551 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2010, 01:49:04 AM »
>be glad Satori isn't there to look in on thoughts of Renko's delicious (bodypart)
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2010, 01:50:58 AM »
> Act clueless "Huh, what do you mean?"

>She laughs and pats you on the shoulder. "Oh, you're a funny one!"

>be glad Satori isn't there to look in on thoughts of Renko's delicious (bodypart)

>To be honest, it's really more comparing to this youkai's. Which may be worse. But wouldn't Satori be used to that with these kind of neighbors?

>_

« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2010, 01:52:17 AM »
>"Anyway, it's nice to meet you. I'm Maribel."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2010, 01:54:48 AM »
>"Anyway, it's nice to meet you. I'm Maribel."

>"I'm Nue, kid. What brings you down this way?"
>She starts walking southward.

>_

« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2010, 01:57:31 AM »
>Follow along
>Do we know what a Nue is, mythologically?

>"Oh, I'm just kind of exploring, at the moment. It's an interesting place down here, compared to what I'm used to."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2010, 02:04:58 AM »
>Follow along
>Do we know what a Nue is, mythologically?

>"Oh, I'm just kind of exploring, at the moment. It's an interesting place down here, compared to what I'm used to."

>You walk along
>You think they were some kind of thing that used to bother the Imperial family, back when they were still important?
>"Oh, a curious one? Well, you must be pretty hot stuff to get down this far."

>_

« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2010, 02:07:44 AM »
>"Well, Kay has apparently given me her protection down here, after a fashion. I hear that's supposed to count for something, at least."

>"And I don't suppose you know Utsuho?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2010, 02:12:22 AM »
>"Well, Kay has apparently given me her protection down here, after a fashion. I hear that's supposed to count for something, at least."

>"And I don't suppose you know Utsuho?"

>"I thought you were her human," says Nue.
>"Sorta. I know her face, so she can't trick me into selling her the hard stuff."

>_

« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2010, 02:13:44 AM »
>"Well, after a fashion..."
>"And why would she do that? I mean, why would she need to trick you to do that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2010, 02:18:48 AM »
>"Well, after a fashion..."
>"And why would she do that? I mean, why would she need to trick you to do that?"

>"It's one of the unwritten rules," says Nue. "Don't sell drinks to the nuclear crow. We don't need her getting ideas."

>_

« Reply #280 on: August 01, 2010, 02:20:03 AM »
>"Nuclear?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #281 on: August 01, 2010, 02:21:08 AM »
>"Nuclear?"

>"That's what they call it," she says. "Don't ask me what it means."

>_

« Reply #282 on: August 01, 2010, 02:22:26 AM »
>"So, I guess you haven't seen her around lately? I'm kind of looking for her. We know each other."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2010, 02:24:16 AM »
>"So, I guess you haven't seen her around lately? I'm kind of looking for her. We know each other."

>"She doesn't come my way much," says Nue. "She likes The Felt."
>You detect an undercurrent of distaste in that last part.

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2010, 02:25:01 AM »
> "So, uh, what are you doing down here, from what I know of this place, it's just made up of Oni, with a few visitors. Oh and evil spirits

« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2010, 02:25:09 AM »
>"Where's that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2010, 02:30:01 AM »
>"Where's that?"

>"Over on the west side somewhere," she saws, making a vague gesture across the road.

> "So, uh, what are you doing down here, from what I know of this place, it's just made up of Oni, with a few visitors. Oh and evil spirits

>"I live down here," she says. "Got sealed in a while back, so I sorta established myself. I run place over in the pub district now. Not really sealed anymore, but you get to like it down here."

>_

« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2010, 02:33:26 AM »
>Across the road? As in the road we're not supposed to cross?
>If so: "Yeah, I'm not so sure about wandering over there, in case some other oni decides to randomly try to kidnap me again. They really ought to pick hobbies that don't scare the tourists quite so much."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2010, 02:34:25 AM »
>Is the west side the safe side? It's not the safe side, is it.
>Would the bridge count as safe? Can we at least get close enough to see who's there without getting in too much danger?
>"What's it like living here, actually?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2010, 02:38:20 AM »
>Across the road? As in the road we're not supposed to cross?
>If so: "Yeah, I'm not so sure about wandering over there, in case some other oni decides to randomly try to kidnap me again. They really ought to pick hobbies that don't scare the tourists quite so much."

>That is exactly where she's gesturing.
>"Oh, you oughta be fine," says Nue. "Yuugi and Deva K respect each other a lot. If she said otherwise, she was just making sure she had her bases covered."

>Is the west side the safe side? It's not the safe side, is it.
>Would the bridge count as safe? Can we at least get close enough to see who's there without getting in too much danger?
>"What's it like living here, actually?"

>At least not as safe as this one.
>You have no clue whatsoever. Satori didn't seem too worried, though.
>"Oh, it's fun," says Nue. "Dancing whenever you like, good music, and if you sling drinks, you'll never go poor.  Well...not never. But you'll always been able to keep yourself fed. Mind, you gotta be ready to get in some scraps if you want to really get anywhere,.but that's not too bad if you know your spellcards well."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2010, 02:39:33 AM »
>"Yuugi?"
>resist urge to ask about spellcards, looking TOO weak is asking for trouble

« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2010, 02:40:30 AM »
On the other hand, we don't even know enough about spellcards to know that we shouldn't ask that obvious question, you realize =/

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2010, 02:41:35 AM »
On the other hand, we don't even know enough about spellcards to know that we shouldn't ask that obvious question, you realize =/

"Getting into scraps" is enough context to infer that it's related to combat. We weren't entirely effective on that count last time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2010, 02:42:52 AM »
>"Yuugi?"
>resist urge to ask about spellcards, looking TOO weak is asking for trouble

>"She's another Deva, she runs the west side. Really, she runs the whole town, but Deva K gets the east side out of respect."
>It's a neat-sounding word that makes your ears perk up, but you try not to look too out of place.

>_

« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2010, 02:44:57 AM »
>"What's she like?"
>"And are there any other important people around here that it would be good to know about?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2010, 02:48:14 AM »
>How close are we, relatively, to the bridge, Satori's (to ask about spellcards and try to avoid getting in too much more trouble) and, uh...
>"... er, I get the impression you're not too fond of the place, but do you know any more detailed directions to this 'The Felt,' if I need to look for Utsuho there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2010, 02:56:18 AM »
>"What's she like?"
>"And are there any other important people around here that it would be good to know about?"

>"Right now?" Nue frowns. "Alternating between moody and explosively violent. The hell crow's trying to muscle in on her girl, you see. And it's gonna get nasty. Surprised it hasn't yet, actually."
>"Well, there's the Palace of the Earth Spirits," she says, "That's where Utsuho, the Hell Cat, and Satori come from. They're friendly, for the most part, but a bit weird. You probably met Parsee at the bridge. Well, maybe you didn't? I hear she's not showing her face much lately. There's some other big names around, but those are the biggest."

>How close are we, relatively, to the bridge, Satori's (to ask about spellcards and try to avoid getting in too much more trouble) and, uh...
>"... er, I get the impression you're not too fond of the place, but do you know any more detailed directions to this 'The Felt,' if I need to look for Utsuho there?"

>You think you can see the bridge, way down the road. Or at the what look like the city gates. You're kinda lost track of the way back while talking with Nue.
>"It's on the west side" says Nue, "Up against the cavern wall. Can't miss it, big fancy thing. It's kinda going out of style, thank heaven."

>_
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:03:06 AM by Purvisen Silver »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2010, 03:01:29 AM »
>Huh. So the Felt suddenly switched sides. Convenient.
>Wait, dyslexia.
>Reestablish fourth wall.

>"Right, thanks. I spoke with Satori earlier, actually, so I'm a little familiar with the Palace. Haven't seen Parsee yet, though. Maybe I'll check that out. What's she like?"
>"And considering her moodiness, do you think Yuugi would be inclined to go kidnapping if the opportunity presented itself? I might want to stay out of her way anyway."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2010, 03:07:14 AM »
>Huh. So the Felt suddenly switched sides. Convenient.
>Wait, dyslexia.
>Reestablish fourth wall.

>"Right, thanks. I spoke with Satori earlier, actually, so I'm a little familiar with the Palace. Haven't seen Parsee yet, though. Maybe I'll check that out. What's she like?"
>"And considering her moodiness, do you think Yuugi would be inclined to go kidnapping if the opportunity presented itself? I might want to stay out of her way anyway."

>You shouldn't do that. Parsers have bastard memories.
>"Parsee's weird," says Nue, quirking her lips. "She's got this ability to mess with envy, but she doesn't use it much. And she's kinda passive aggressive. Except for when she's aggressive aggressive. But if you get on her good side, you really get on her good side. Kinda like an oni, only more neurotic. She gets carried away easily. Probably what got her into this mess."
>Nue shakes her head. "Probably not, I don't think her mind would be on it."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2010, 03:11:37 AM »
>"Ability to mess with envy?... do YOU have a special ability, too?"