Author Topic: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80148 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2010, 03:11:22 PM »
>Back away to a somewhat safe distance, without getting too far away from Satori that it might be dangerous
>Hope that Satori can hold her own, here

>Inventory

>You back away from the fight, as the oni makes an z-shaped cut in the air, sending a Z-shaped line of glowing shots directly at Satori.
>Satori ducks and weaves through them, but a few of them come perilously close to her. She begins to conjure more of those rings, then the oni closes in on her!
>It's hard to tear your eyes away and check what you have onhand.
>Your inventory contains
>Purple Dress (Worn as Clothes)
>Mop Hat (Worn as Hat)
>5☼

>_

>_

« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2010, 03:16:32 PM »
>Quickly scan the area for any makeshift weapons, or something that might at least be able to be used to cause a distraction
>Otherwise, keep an eye on both of them
>"Hey! What do you have against us, anyway? We were just minding out own business!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2010, 03:20:36 PM »
>Quickly scan the area for any makeshift weapons, or something that might at least be able to be used to cause a distraction
>Otherwise, keep an eye on both of them
>"Hey! What do you have against us, anyway? We were just minding out own business!"

>You note a couple of loose cobblestones, and a discarded bottle
>"Not a thing!" says the oni cheerchully as she slashes at Satori, who ducks under the strike. At first, it should seem that someone like Satori would be unbeatable, being able to see everything coming before it comes. But, you are starting to see that she simply isn't as fast as the oni. You don't think she's as fast as you, actually...

>_

« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2010, 03:23:16 PM »
>Edge over towards the bottle
>"Then what? Do oni get their kicks from picking fights with people weaker than them?"

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2010, 03:25:25 PM »
>Have bottle in one hand, pebbles along with a handful of sand/dirt (assuming the ground is not paved...) on the other hand.

>I don't think crying for help is going to help our bargaining position with an Oni at the moment. Best to keep a stiff upper lip. And we're in the middle of nowhere, city-wise, anyway

Yeah, I know, I editted it out before you posted this anyways.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:28:14 PM by Thaws »

« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2010, 03:27:14 PM »
>I don't think crying for help is going to help our bargaining position with an Oni at the moment. Best to keep a stiff upper lip. And we're in the middle of nowhere, city-wise, anyway

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2010, 03:31:27 PM »
>Edge over towards the bottle
>"Then what? Do oni get their kicks from picking fights with people weaker than them?"

>You edge toward the bottle, it's just at your feet now.
>"Hey now, who made the first shot?" asks the Oni. as she slips between another of Satori's shots, giving Satori time to open up some distance.

>Have bottle in one hand, pebbles along with a handful of sand/dirt (assuming the ground is not paved...) on the other hand.

>There don't seem to be any loose pebbles about, save those cobblestones which are a good couple inches across, or enough loose dirt to grab.

>It's just the three of you at the intersection right now, but to the west are a number of oni, some who seem to be noticing the fight.

>_

>_

« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2010, 03:36:24 PM »
>"She may have shot before you did, but this started when you tried to attack me in the first place. And what am I supposed to do? I can't shoot energy with my hands."
>Pick up the bottle

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2010, 03:38:59 PM »
>"She may have shot before you did, but this started when you tried to attack me in the first place. And what am I supposed to do? I can't shoot energy with my hands."
>Pick up the bottle

>"Well yeah, human in my turf?" says the oni, "What'd you expect?"
>"Don't think it, Maribel!" Satori says. "It'll just make things worse!"

>_

« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2010, 03:41:41 PM »
>"Your turf? In case you didn't notice, I'm not from around here. How am I supposed to know the rules?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
>"Your turf? In case you didn't notice, I'm not from around here. How am I supposed to know the rules?"

>"Oh, my mistake," says the Oni, as she ducks around some large shots that Satori conjured. "This is my turf! But really, you should know about the city in general!" She then holds her blade straight, cradling the back with her palm, and sends a number of straight beams at Satori.
>This is either the most frightening or most awesome moment of your life, and you have no idea which it is right. now...

>_

« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2010, 03:48:07 PM »
>"Well, I thought you might leave me alone since I'm her guest. You leave HER alone don't you? Or, at least I thought you did."

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »
>Think to Satori : Do you think you can land a hit on her if I distract or provoke her to attack me?

>Oh right, I can't read mind how can you reply. Err, can you shoot a green ring if you think it'd work. Red if you think it won't.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:55:04 PM by Thaws »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2010, 03:55:31 PM »
>"Well, I thought you might leave me alone since I'm her guest. You leave HER alone don't you? Or, at least I thought you did."

>"Hey now," says the oni, as she dodges around more disks, "I wasn't messing with her at all, I was coming for you! But if it's really such a problem, you could always surrender."
>Satori is starting to look a bit hard pressed, while the Oni is clearly enjoying herself.

>Think to Satori : Do you think you can land a hit on her if I distract or provoke her to attack me?

>"Be careful, Maribel!" Satori says after you think this.

>_

« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »
>"What would you have done with me, if you'd caught me in the first place?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2010, 04:06:28 PM »
>"What would you have done with me, if you'd caught me in the first place?"

>"The usual," says the oni. "Take you home, have you clean up the place, get dinner ready, feats of strength, all you can drink, you'd love it!"

>_

« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »
>"I don't think you'd be much interested in any 'feats of strength' I'd be capable of performing, to be honest..."
>Did we ever drink much?

>"And that seems a pretty flimsy reason to attack someone. Is that just tradition down here, or something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »
>"I don't think you'd be much interested in any 'feats of strength' I'd be capable of performing, to be honest..."
>Did we ever drink much?

>"And that seems a pretty flimsy reason to attack someone. Is that just tradition down here, or something?"

>"It's the effort that counts!" says the Oni, grinning as she closes the distance between herself in Satori again.
>Not really, you don't like the taste of most alcohol. Though you have enjoyed some of what Renko has jokingly called fruity girl drinks.
>"Not attack, kidnap! There's a difference!"

>_

« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »
>"Oh, there's a difference, is there? But you're still willing to hurt Satori to get to me? I'm pretty sure that still counts as an attack by proxy."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2010, 04:32:05 PM »
>"Oh, there's a difference, is there? But you're still willing to hurt Satori to get to me? I'm pretty sure that still counts as an attack by proxy."

>"Hey, she attacked me," says the she reverses her sword, and tries to slam the hilt into Satori's stomach. Satori moves, but it still catches her on the side.

>_

« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2010, 04:41:05 PM »
>"Hey, she attacked you because you attacked me. Don't you get how that works? Or are those muscles of yours getting in the way of your brain?"
>"And would you rather beat up someone who clearly can't hit you, while the real prize calmly strolls away?"
>Start to walk away from them. Be ready to move suddenly based on what sound we hear behind us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2010, 04:47:33 PM »
>"Hey, she attacked you because you attacked me. Don't you get how that works? Or are those muscles of yours getting in the way of your brain?"
>"And would you rather beat up someone who clearly can't hit you, while the real prize calmly strolls away?"
>Start to walk away from them. Be ready to move suddenly based on what sound we hear behind us.

>"Blame her for throwing the first shot," says the oni.
>"Oh come on!" she says, as you start to walk away.
>You start to walk off. "Don't run off!" Satori cries, but you're pretty sure she knows what you're planning.
>You most definitely hear the oni coming up behind you.

>_

« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2010, 04:54:09 PM »
>Are there any nearby rocks or structures we could try ducking behind?
>If not, when the oni sounds close, try casually dropping the bottle using a backwards rolling motion, sending it along the ground towards the oni. If we're exceedingly lucky, it might at least force her to adjust her footing

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2010, 04:58:20 PM »
>Are there any nearby rocks or structures we could try ducking behind?
>If not, when the oni sounds close, try casually dropping the bottle using a backwards rolling motion, sending it along the ground towards the oni. If we're exceedingly lucky, it might at least force her to adjust her footing

>There is an alley nearby, you may be able to get to it.

>_

« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2010, 04:59:45 PM »
>Try to, anyway

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2010, 05:07:15 PM »
>Try to, anyway

>You run for the alley! You hear the oni getting closer to you, she is definitely faster.
>It gets closer, but so does the oni...then you duck in!

>_

« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »
>Quickly assess our surroundings

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2010, 05:21:07 PM »
>Quickly assess our surroundings

>The alley is about twice your shoulder width, and filled with a fair amount of debris. There are some back doors as well.

>_

« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »
>Go to a door (not the closest one)
>Open it and have a quick peek inside

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2010, 05:35:58 PM »
>Go to a door (not the closest one)
>Open it and have a quick peek inside

>You start toward one of the doors, when you hear the oni come into the alley after you.

>_