Author Topic: Nobody Cares How Bad You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)  (Read 153898 times)

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
Re: Nobody Cares How Bad You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)
« Reply #420 on: August 16, 2010, 03:27:48 AM »
Yay!

Now go 1cc UFO Lunatic.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #421 on: August 16, 2010, 03:30:49 AM »
Yay!

Now go 1cc UFO Lunatic.
I have every game outside of UFO on my HDD. Too bad  :V

« Reply #422 on: August 16, 2010, 03:43:31 AM »
I have every game outside of UFO on my HDD.

Fix this. Exorbitant amounts of utility await you.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #423 on: August 16, 2010, 05:36:32 AM »
GFW Easy 1cc (Route A-1).

Still getting used to the freezing mechanic, plus I'm adjusting to some new controls I set up for this game. I've barely touched this game, and I already suspect that GFW is gonna be ALL about proper freezing.

Oh, and this game's music is amazing.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #424 on: August 16, 2010, 07:33:30 AM »
So I 1cc'ed FW Normal every route. Now I just need to clear Extra...

after like 20 attempts, I made it to the last spell twice. asdf

this game is ridiculous, and I swear this is the hardest Extra stage in all of the Windows Touhous. :/

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #425 on: August 16, 2010, 08:48:48 AM »
Finally, some progress (thank you Nereid for the tip).  Got to the second dialogue twice in a row :V

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #426 on: August 16, 2010, 09:39:20 AM »
Gold medal'd the 3 fairies' second to last spell card (on A2, since they all function a bit differently). As for extra, I made it to
Spoiler:
Mima's
fourth spell card. Test Slave is a real thing, but thinking about it I think I understand it now and won't have to time it out.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #427 on: August 16, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »
GFW easy A1, A2 1cc.
Is there a bug or something? It says I've 1cc B1 when what I did was A2... How to fix?

« Reply #428 on: August 16, 2010, 11:27:29 AM »
GFW Normal 1cc, Route A-2.

A lot of stuff wasn't originally as hard as I thought, but it's still easy to just die carelessly.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #429 on: August 16, 2010, 12:12:39 PM »
8) (it totality doesn't hide a link)
Well, easy modo is easy modo, but it's just the perfect way to finish it.

Also, it's me or easy modo gives you 2x more motivation/lives than Normal ?
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #430 on: August 16, 2010, 12:39:27 PM »
GFW easy A1, A2 1cc.
Is there a bug or something? It says I've 1cc B1 when what I did was A2... How to fix?

I just got this too, same routes but in Normal. I saved a replay of the run and it also says it was of route B1 and crashes the game when I try to play it.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #431 on: August 16, 2010, 01:44:34 PM »

Submit the score! It looks better than certain other individuals'  :V

SUBMIT
"YOUR DOING IT WRONG"
Spoiler:
No IP for you

(Choose one) This is the best / worst run of Stage 4 I've ever done.

Spoiler:
I regret not going all-out for scoring by Stage 6; I thought I had a fighting chance but promptly forgot that SanaeA gets the short end of the cutting stick  ;_;
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #432 on: August 16, 2010, 04:29:39 PM »
GFW easy A1, A2 1cc.

That happens when you restart at second/third stage in A2, B2 and C2.  Just go back to title screen and try again.

neosaver

• Get lost
« Reply #433 on: August 16, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention, I cleared all the 1 to 5 games on normal, PoFV extra, and recently, GFW all on easy, and just the route A1 on normal, cuz it's boring to do the same thing over and over again.
In construction.

« Reply #434 on: August 17, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »
GFW, 23 gold medals on normal. I'm going to start running out of easy cards  :ohdear:

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #435 on: August 17, 2010, 12:22:46 AM »
GFW Lunatic 1cc. Only took three attempts just now, it's quite a lot easier than it looks at first glance. :V

EDIT: Forgot to attach replay. :derp:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:29:20 AM by Gengetsapz »
Let's fight.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2010, 01:34:04 AM »
GFW Normal 1cc (route A-1).

I don't even know what route is supposed to be the easiest, but right now I'm most comfortable with this one.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #437 on: August 17, 2010, 02:21:13 AM »

I only died 14 times, not 17.
It was a really contrived run anyways, dying to Cirno and midboss(!) Meiling, as well as derping stage 5.
Wish I can 1cc someday though.

nintendonut888

« Reply #438 on: August 17, 2010, 06:31:14 AM »
Managed to get past the sixth spell card in extra! Man, this fight is fun, but it's quite tough.

EDIT: Make that eighth spell card. I should stop now before I end up beating the stage before the English patch comes out. :ohdear:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:08:56 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ark

• みょん
« Reply #439 on: August 17, 2010, 07:00:51 AM »
FW Extra clear!! I'm the strongest!

Youtube!

Holy crap this game is fun. :getdown:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:18:28 PM by Nereid »

HGR

« Reply #440 on: August 17, 2010, 08:40:39 AM »
GFW Lunatic 1CC. I was extremely intimidated at first, but it's really not that bad.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:42:22 AM by HGR »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #441 on: August 17, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
GFW Hard 1cc (route A-1).

Even a game like this is subject to using planned bombs. Hopefully I won't have to change that strategy too much for Lunatic.

nintendonut888

« Reply #442 on: August 18, 2010, 03:48:14 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9874

So this is why so many people are 1ccing FW so quickly...you're all doing it on the easiest route! >:V This was my first time even attempting A1 on hard and I 1cc'd (though just barely).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:51:16 AM by nintendonut888 »

ark

• みょん
« Reply #443 on: August 18, 2010, 04:56:27 AM »
SA Lunatic 1cc!

That makes three. MoF is up next.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #444 on: August 18, 2010, 05:07:00 AM »
Yay finally reached the GFW Extra Boss. And she quickly destroyed me before I could get a feel for her second Spellcard.

Even this game's Extra themes are amazing.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #445 on: August 18, 2010, 06:12:18 AM »
GFW Extra clear!

Now to go back and 1cc any Normal route.  :derp:

nintendonut888

« Reply #447 on: August 18, 2010, 09:31:08 AM »
Oh man, what a run. Might not seem impressive to you expert guys, but after the stupid mistakes against Patchouli and Sakuya, my Stage 6 is the most amazing run I've had. Will probably upload to youtube with commentary later.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9885

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #448 on: August 18, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »
Oh man, what a run. Might not seem impressive to you expert guys, but after the stupid mistakes against Patchouli and Sakuya, my Stage 6 is the most amazing run I've had. Will probably upload to youtube with commentary later.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9885

Hey, wait. We'll only be not impressed if it's a DURR HURR WHY CAN'T I 1CC NORMAL 1cc. Actually, no, not that either, because altogether having more Normal mode clears is cool

Although, that's almost identical to my 0 default bombs run (It was very lulzy, I assure that.)... Or at least the replay description makes it sound like it.

Docteur Hartmann

• Komeiji Koishi's Father
  • Found a Nice Remote and a Mind Screwing device.
« Reply #449 on: August 18, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »
Same for me. Sakuya is stealing all my lives, and I finally get defeated by the evil Charisma Lady

Bipolar, paranoid, half-crazy, hateful, philanthropic. That's me in a nutshell. And I'm a ddyk. Hahahaha, nobody's gonna get this one.