Author Topic: TPW EVO English Patch released!  (Read 60410 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
TPW EVO English Patch released!
« on: June 01, 2010, 09:35:05 PM »
A buncha text used to be here.. It got Buh-leted. English patch is currently "done" with the current build (1.07). I will proceed to fix any future bugs or typos I find, and have every intention to update it for new versions of TPWEVO and expansions, but until that happens, here is the final release.

Updated June 28th:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mhvg1yrmtzn
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R02IS0RL

It NEEDS patch 1.07 to work properly. If you have 1.02 or whatever, and apply the xp3 file, your game will say 1.07E, but it is STILL 1.02 as a base, so it will act all screwy and WILL crash.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:56:08 PM by Ghaleon »

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
Re: TPW Evo Translation
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:11:22 PM »
I think this would be better in Touhou Projects than Rika's Garage
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:58:35 AM by The Cube »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:46:59 PM »
I think this would be better in Touhou Projects than Rika's Garage

I thought this was kinda for stuff in progress or Danfumaku specificlly, and Touhou projects is more of a finished product type deal.

Edit: Scrap the first download, get the new one, it's only a few hours newer but the last version had a really bad text overlap issue in the combat screen that I fixed.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:35:43 AM by Ghaleon »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:33:53 AM »
If the project is a product of your own, i.e.: your or your team's creation, then it can stay here. Note that modifying or extending other author's game/project (such as patches, updates, continuation or translation) does not fall under the category of: "self made". So can you tell us specific if this is a totally self created game or not.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:16:45 AM »
If the project is a product of your own, i.e.: your or your team's creation, then it can stay here. Note that modifying or extending other author's game/project (such as patches, updates, continuation or translation) does not fall under the category of: "self made". So can you tell us specific if this is a totally self created game or not.

I certainly didn't make the game, I'm just making the translation patch.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »
Thread moved then.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 01:47:35 PM »
Do you guys plan on keeping up with the updates released for this game? The circle that made this game just made a poll on which character to release next--It doesn't look like they're going to stop releasing updates for this game anytime soon.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »
Do you guys plan on keeping up with the updates released for this game? The circle that made this game just made a poll on which character to release next--It doesn't look like they're going to stop releasing updates for this game anytime soon.

pretty sure I answered that already on poosh, check ther, I'm o. My phone ATM. Short answer, yes for me, deranged I don't know I didn't ask, but knowing him, probably.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 03:31:07 AM »
Patch updated, get the new one at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9O88TY3K
http://www.mediafire.com/?jjzwdownzkj

Fixes a pretty major bug with gensokyo rivals recovering favor upon a savegame load. Translates every spellcard in the game minus Reisen's and Suika's as well. Items, env spheres, avatars, and team names are translated as well (if they weren't already, I forget).

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 09:04:49 AM »
Just tested your patch... somehow I am still getting japanese Spellcard names shown sometimes... I was fighting Utsuho and Orin. Can you check if you translated all thier Spells?

Just went to the shop to get some cards but appearently going to the second "page" (Tenshi, Komachi, ...) gives me an error and only shows Tenshi, Komachi and Zako. I can return and go to the other "pages" but I still don?t know why I got an error there.

Edit: Also happens on the 5th "page" (Mokou, Eirin, Kaguya).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:17:40 AM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 09:11:42 AM »
That's odd, I get everyone showing up for my spellcard window thingie. Could you please upload your save files?

There is some text going on too long thing going on for the combat screen too, I already fixed that..haven't uploaded it yet though.

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 09:18:29 AM »
Might as well post this as new post, seeing how you already answered the other stuff

Game locks up when opponent has Suika as assistant. I think the things that, Suika has no translation for her stuff (including assist info, I think the program was looking for that and just broke) makes this game unplayable with patch, seeing how nearly every opponent could have a Suika in his/her team. This is what I ended up with after I closed the error window. Surprisingly the music is still running and I can still close the program via System->End Game or the X on the window.

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »
Found some errors in text-alignment... Picture here.
Looking forward to your full translation.

Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 06:58:11 PM »
Might as well post this as new post, seeing how you already answered the other stuff

Game locks up when opponent has Suika as assistant. I think the things that, Suika has no translation for her stuff (including assist info, I think the program was looking for that and just broke) makes this game unplayable with patch, seeing how nearly every opponent could have a Suika in his/her team. This is what I ended up with after I closed the error window. Surprisingly the music is still running and I can still close the program via System->End Game or the X on the window.

Ouch, effing crash bugs are not cool.
Not translating Suika's stuff shouldn't break it, but it might be the case in this situation. If the assist info isn't translated, it's still in the files, I doubt I accidently deleted it (I've never done that yet)..

Honestly I have a bad feeling that that one will take awhile to figure out.

Next time you get an error window, screenshot that please. It has a buncha junk that doesn't help at all but it generally DOES tell you which file was accessed before it 'sploded. It gives a line number too but that's always total bull.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »
I haven't encountered the Suika-bug myself and I am using the latest patch you provided. Here is a picture of rival battle taken few minutes ago. I am not sure should this affect the situation at all - but I am using XP.
Twitter

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 12:17:50 PM »
Next time you get an error window, screenshot that please.

Speak of the Devil.
well yeah... This time it seems that suika was the second character to be loaded instead of being the "Back-up".

but I am using XP.

Same here.

EDIT: Erm nevermind... seems like I forgot to patch the version... I throught I already had the latest version...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:20:32 PM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »
Yay, I was WTFing trying to find out the source lol.

Shagend

• utor latrunculus profugus opus
  • Funny. There were no traps in hell last time...
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 06:07:36 AM »
The latest english patch somehow removes the restrictions for the different kind of clothes the characters can have (e.g Reimu and Sanae can equip each others clothes right after you bought them) and the "glitch-thingy" disappears when the patch is removed. I dont know if it's only me, but that's what happens.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 03:00:56 AM »
Does the second patch include the stuff from the first? Just makin sure since the first links don't work anymore.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 03:08:15 AM »
Every new patch has everything the last patch has and more (including some new bugs sometimes hehe...Though I guess they don't include some old ones too, I generally only update if I fix a big bug really).

I delete them on purpose since I want to try and avoid people accidentally dling old patches and reporting old bugs to me.
Costume glitch is known to me atm. But thanks for the info anyway. Not sure why it's doing that though.

Basically you can wear costumes despite not having their required favor cost right? Is there any other requirement that is being bypassed for you?

Shagend

• utor latrunculus profugus opus
  • Funny. There were no traps in hell last time...
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 06:07:49 AM »
Not that I had found out, no.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »
I think a v1.08 is going to be available soon with a (few) new character(s).
The votes for "The Character that should be included in Touhou Pocket Wars EVO" endet (or something along those lines).

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »
Noticed a small bug. Here. Sometimes the text about the effects of the gift will stay on the screen.
Twitter

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 08:55:37 AM »
Noticed a small bug. Here. Sometimes the text about the effects of the gift will stay on the screen.

GAH, thanks, that one will be hard for me to fix since I'm not that far in the game yet (have no gifts), but noted.

Anyway new patch out.
Old ones deleted.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iynmyeyjmoz
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2YIADIYR
Makes combat much nicer, fixes text overlap issues, and translates a buncha stuff in the combat screen. There's more but that's the big feature.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 06:17:04 PM »
This is great work dood. Deranged and you did a great job translating stuff. I feel kinda sad though, since hardly anyone talks about TPW and I helped finish off its english patch with Deranged and the guidance of a nameless fairy :< .....Ah well...seeing it complete makes me happy still. Especially seeing Remilia's face when she greets me when i visit ;~;

Well there are a few minor things i think ya should know about for the patch....
In the Character Set screen the stats and words need a little spacing. Its a little hard to see and the font is smaller and all.

In a battle screen there should be a little spacing as well
ATK48ACC56Eva67
is how it looks like.
think you could space it to look like ATK48 HIT56 DOD67? why is it acc and Eva anyway? shouldn't it be HIT and DOD for consistency?  ::) I mean it was like that in the first game.

Oh in the Game Center Screen. the cost to enter a B-Rank game is off-center.

I know it may sound a little nitpicky but i said they were minor things. If ya can give these a little tune up that'll be great I mean its just spacing issues right?  :D

Anyway man great work. It took a while but we managed to nearly complete both games! We are awesomes.

I only wonder what will happen with the new Append Disc with the 10+ characters when it come out ._.;;
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 08:29:52 PM »
This is great work dood. Deranged and you did a great job translating stuff. I feel kinda sad though, since hardly anyone talks about TPW and I helped finish off its english patch with Deranged and the guidance of a nameless fairy :< .....Ah well...seeing it complete makes me happy still. Especially seeing Remilia's face when she greets me when i visit ;~;

Hah, yeah I know I feel somewhat guilty about that myself, especially since if you didn't do that update I probably wouldn't have gotten involved with this. So I like to think like we both are pretty responsible for both, along with deranged and nameless fairy of course. But besides, I'm sure there's a cozy feeling that TPW is completely done 100%. I know people keep asking me what's going to happen with the next patch, and the next, and this expansion, etc. But in TPW's case...

Well there are a few minor things i think ya should know about for the patch....
In the Character Set screen the stats and words need a little spacing. Its a little hard to see and the font is smaller and all.

I never noticed, you playing in windowed mode? I shrunk it on purpose so it could fit, but I play fullscreen so maybe that's why I like it that way.

In a battle screen there should be a little spacing as well
ATK48ACC56Eva67
is how it looks like.
Yeah that's already fixed in the current unreleased build >=)

think you could space it to look like ATK48 HIT56 DOD67? why is it acc and Eva anyway? shouldn't it be HIT and DOD for consistency?  ::) I mean it was like that in the first game.
Well now it's A48 H56 D67. Unfortunately simply adding a space wasn't really working for some reason. I intentionally changed Dod to eva, for consistency ironically, consistent with every other RPG/adventure/whatever game with an evasion stat, I've never ever seen it referred to as "dod" in a game ever, and I remember when I first played TPW I was wondering WTF this DoD animal was >=P. Deranged just changed it back to Dod himself in the current build though because he felt that it was most important to match the BMP button file thingies, I guess he's right in that regard...I just hate the term 'Dod' lol.

Oh in the Game Center Screen. the cost to enter a B-Rank game is off-center.
That may have been fixed too, Deranged said he fixed a bunch of spacing inconsistencies, Capitalization inconsistencies, etc, little nitpicky stuff in the current (still not ready) build. I was aware of them (some of them) and was planning to fix them in time, but I was more concerned with the functional stuff first. I think my semi-sloppy methods are irking him though so he couldn't help himself lol.

I only wonder what will happen with the new Append Disc with the 10+ characters when it come out ._.;;
I have no intention of quitting after a certain patch or expansion when so much is already done. I can't speak for deranged but I'm pretty sure updates of that nature will be pretty trivial for him after doing the whole gensokyo story bit (it'll be ready by the next release). Updating these patches is actually a lot less work than it was for TPW because I'm much more familiar with everything in this one than I was with TPW, so the amount of work involved is really not all that bad. Deranged has to do more with them, but even then like 1-3 dream events and 6 spellcards to translate per new character doesn't really seem all that bad either, in comparison to everything else I mean.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 09:38:03 PM »
ahahh XD you didn't like the word Dodge? lol. well i know a lot of games use different terminology for similar aspects. HP, Vitality, Life Points. ....SP, special points, yadda yadda. well I was saying consistent for the game's terms. since it used and said Dodge/DOD in the first game, the 2nd should use the same terms as well for consistency in that regard haha.

Sorry I was talking about the character names and their levels when i spoke of the font. sometime i do play in window mode when i'm talkin to some folks online or whatever. so yeah it is pretty small in that case.

This is what i was talking about when i was in the character set screen. this is how it looks in TPW.

Nicely spaced out and easy to see and read ^_^ see even says DOD all in nice caps for all the stats ::)

This is how it looks for EVO. There is no spacing and its slightly not as easily readable as it used to be. I was wondering if ya could give that a little tune-up as well?

Like i said i'm not trying to be nitpicky but i think changing those will be good nonetheless. The small things in life brings small happiness or somethin like that haha. But it seems like you and Deranged already knew about the little nitpicky things. tbh i'm glad ya'll are gonna fix em casue a lot of small things are annoying as hell nonetheless. There was some things in the first game i was gonna leave alone cause it was such a "minor detail" but i changed/fixed em anyway. Can't be lazy with even the minor stuff ya know? hahah.

Its great that the other small thins i brought up earlier are taken care of ^_^ that's pretty cool then.

Well i can't wait for it all. I'm gonna start a new game once its out. fresh game from scratch and with the power of both my illustration guides the game will be my cloyster!
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 06:54:23 AM »
Yeah I have every intention of getting all the small things fixed, I just prioritize them below the stuff that actually is needed to be done in order to let people who can't read Japanese know wtf is going on, which is in turn even below fixing any crashbug screwups I cause during my attempt at progress >=)

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 09:16:51 AM »
I've been playing this game for more that a week now, and I seem to have found an error. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my game, and I have tried reinstalling the game and stuff, but still the error persists.

Here is the error that I'm talking about.

http://yfrog.com/1qerrornsxj

Please tell me what am i going to do in order to fix it. Thank'ee.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
http://yfrog.com/1qerrornsxj

Please tell me what am i going to do in order to fix it. Thank'ee.

You don?t have the latest patch (1.07) it seems. And thus you can?t meet Reisen as she isn?t in game at that point (1.02).

Edit: Appearently there is a glitch with Danmaku Type 1-6.
Somehow they are not compatible with themselves and exists twice (as Danmaku Type 1,2,3,4,5,6 and same in japanese). Was it a glitch due to patching it to 1.07 but not restarting the game or your English Patch?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 07:12:33 PM by Danielu Yoshikoto »