Author Topic: Edible, it's time to troll Donut!  (Read 58026 times)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: Edible, it's time to Dive into Cosmospheres~
« Reply #570 on: June 14, 2009, 10:25:56 PM »
Damit Donut, critique my EoSD Lunatic replay on the gamefaqs topic already.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #571 on: June 14, 2009, 10:42:03 PM »
Now this is interesting.

Some of you may know that my internet is relying on the University proxy server to connect (which has proven to be somewhat unreliable).

Now, it costs 1.1 cents (AUS) per megabyte to download. However, I'm feeling that, after uploading about 250MB (+ downloading a moderate amount), I'm getting the feeling that uploading is free. Or if not, then ridiculously cheaper than downloading costs. My financial record shows this quite nicely.

I'll upload my MS Extra run (which is about 117MB) and restrict my downloading for today, and see what happens. If it is as it seems, prepare for an upload spree?
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #572 on: June 14, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »
Oh hi, I've never posted here before.  By any chance did I hear a Seihou discussion going on?  What, I missed it?  Oh, okay...;_; *goes back to lurking*

The naked insane psychopath final boss of Shuusou Gyoku.

BTW, I'm still not touching this game until Ruro beats MS normal.

So have you beaten that extra stage yet?  'Cause if not, you should.  I could always give you some pointers  :)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #573 on: June 14, 2009, 11:09:56 PM »
Purvis: *MUS QUICK WHAT PASTARONI DO I WANT ANGEL HAIR WITH BERBS OR PARMESIAN CHEESE?*
Purvis: TAKE THE ANGEL HAIR AND IMAGINE YOU'RE EATING SARIEL
SongstressEnlil: *WHO*
SongstressEnlil: *AND DONE*

THE PASTARONI IS DONE.

OM NOM.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #574 on: June 14, 2009, 11:11:28 PM »
It's a chain of effect thing Azinth. I only have extra unlocked with laser-VIVIT, who is not a good shot type for extra at all. I'd be more willing to go through the pain with homing VIVIT, but I'd need to beat normal with her. And I'm not touching normal until Ruro beats MS normal.

In other words, no. >_> I'd love to hear your pointers on how to keep the enemies from CRASHING INTO YOU WITH NO WAY TO DEFEND YOURSELF BECAUSE THEY GO THROUGH YOUR FUCKING BULLETS though.

Damit Donut, critique my EoSD Lunatic replay on the gamefaqs topic already.

Oops. ;^_^ Goes to show how infrequent I am to my own topic series now that I've made this place my home.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #575 on: June 15, 2009, 12:04:04 AM »
Like anyone is going to blame you for not going to a GameFAQs forum.

nintendonut888

« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »
OKAY! Time to teach the little froggy how to sing. Everyone else can just ignore this, I think it'd be easier for me to post my tips for Sodium here:

Stage 1: You're MUCH better at collecting power/points than me. The only real tip I can give is to wait during Rumia's non-spell cards. If she fires the green bullets, stand still and then stream them. It's not only more cost-effective than going around them, but occasionally you can't do that and will screw yourself over. You don't want to get killed by Rumia, do you?

Stage 2: You do everything well here, nothing to give.

Stage 3: The beginning is easier if you park yourself where the enemies appear rather than take them in the center. For the tiny bullet walls part, make sure you position yourself below where the wall spammers appear to take them out before they can fire.

The part after midboss Meiling has one big trick: Every time the fairies fire the big clusterfuck of blue bullets, STAY IN THE CENTER. As you demonstrated nicely, going off to the sides means you have to fit in these tiny gaps of quickly moving diagonal bullets bullets, which kills you more often then not. Marisa A can kill the center enemies before they fire, leaving this big fat gap in the center where you only have to avoid stray bullets.

Good job on the opener. As for me, remember that I'm really bad at Touhou and don't know how to enlarge the gaps. My biggest pointer here is your death on Rainbow Dream Vine: Don't let that happen. The biggest thing to remember during lunatic is that this is not practice mode. Trust your intuition rather than your reflexes on stuff like Rainbow Dream Vine.

Stage 4: Try to wait as long as possible before bombing the books. You could have waited another half a second or so, which would have saved your life. Now, biiiiiiig problem with your post-Koakuma performance. For the book lasers part, start at the left, not the center. It may take a bit to find the right spot of the left (not extreme left, but about 2 inches to the right of it), but if you find this spot, you can simply slowly stream to the right the whole time and not have to change directions or anything. Finally, the part where the kedamas come down and rain bullets is streaming, but you did not treat it as such. With Marisa A, make sure you are below the vertically moving rows, and ignore the horizontally moving ones that are simple streaming. For the ones at the right, make sure you are ready to change directions.

For Patchy's non-directional lasers, you have the right idea. However, you need to start further to the left at the start before streaming. And instead of going back to center after the second wave, stay to the right to give you more room. Don't focus on killing her before time runs out. After all, all you do is lower your rank. Besides that, don't die with bombs in stock. The fire bullets in this game SUCK, so don't trust them.

Stage 5: Since you're doing the loophole, stream the fairies at the extreme top and stream down, rather than being a bit below it and streaming up. The streaming part after the random spamming fairies leave should have you end up in the center to take out the first wall-spamming fairy. After that, move immediately to the left to take that one out, ignore the one on the right, and get ready to take out the second one on the left.

Finally, your death on the non-spell: If you want to use this tactic, remember that you can make yourself move slower if you press down whilst moving in the direction you want to focused. For a precision positioning like this, it's essential.

So, I hope this helps you little froggy. ^_^
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »
Finally, your death on the non-spell: If you want to use this tactic, remember that you can make yourself move slower if you press down whilst moving in the direction you want to focused. For a precision positioning like this, it's essential.

I learned something today!
There was something here once. Wonder what...

nintendonut888

« Reply #578 on: June 15, 2009, 12:21:46 AM »

It's almost insulting how long it took me to learn this. >_> Just to clarify, this only works when you're hugging the bottom of the screen.

And I'm cool with helping anyone who wants help in Touhou. After all, I've spent all this time gathering information, it'd be a waste not to help others like people such as Kefit have helped me.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #579 on: June 15, 2009, 12:26:04 AM »
I gotta recognize I did as well.
And also, I once thought of this, but I shamefully threw the idea away. Silly me.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #580 on: June 15, 2009, 12:34:33 AM »

FFFFFFFF. Same here.

Does it work for going vertically when you're at the side of the screen?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #581 on: June 15, 2009, 12:35:44 AM »
FFFFFFFF. Same here.

Does it work for going vertically when you're at the side of the screen?
Yep.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #582 on: June 15, 2009, 12:41:43 AM »
In retrospect, I think that may have saved my bacon a few times. I tend to get caught unawares by aimed shots, and often end up against the side of the screen as though the revolution had just come. =[

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #583 on: June 15, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »
wtf happened to the topic title O_______o

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #584 on: June 15, 2009, 12:46:35 AM »
Something we can't even hope to understand.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #585 on: June 15, 2009, 12:48:35 AM »
If yall played more Endgame: Singularity, you'd know what's up.

nintendonut888

« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2009, 02:44:49 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3613

Great, now everyone's looking at me with green eyes again. It's creeeeeepy...

Well, I'm not jealous. More of an I-want-to-gut-you feeling. :3

I SHOOT YOU WITH GREENEYE LASERS PEWPEWPEW
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:55:54 AM by E-mouse »

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #587 on: June 15, 2009, 02:49:15 AM »
And i'm not jealous. I'm apathetic. ...wait, that's my usual response to most everything that doesn't get a reaction from me. Neeeeeeevermind. :V
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

« Reply #588 on: June 15, 2009, 02:50:13 AM »
It's a chain of effect thing Azinth. I only have extra unlocked with laser-VIVIT, who is not a good shot type for extra at all. I'd be more willing to go through the pain with homing VIVIT, but I'd need to beat normal with her. And I'm not touching normal until Ruro beats MS normal.

In other words, no. >_> I'd love to hear your pointers on how to keep the enemies from CRASHING INTO YOU WITH NO WAY TO DEFEND YOURSELF BECAUSE THEY GO THROUGH YOUR FUCKING BULLETS though.

Err... just stay in the bottom middle and don't move much.  The ships are aimed at you and come from all directions.  If you stay to the side of the screen, then the ships from the far end will slip through and sideswipe you.  This will also happen if you move around too much horizontally and make them spread out.  But stay still and in the middle of the screen, and they'll bunch up right in front of you and die before they can even get anywhere.  I don't think having the laser option would make it that much harder, though I never use it so I could be wrong.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #589 on: June 15, 2009, 02:50:32 AM »

Natural progression~ <3

*insert hymmnos gibberish here*

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #590 on: June 15, 2009, 02:51:49 AM »
Yeah I'm kinda jealous.

But I nearly beat Utsuho today, so I got that to ride high on. =]

Mizuki-chan

« Reply #591 on: June 15, 2009, 02:52:44 AM »
Well I just found this picture randomly. Now it shall be one of my favorites.

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN-SAN. I feel the need for a game online.

nintendonut888

« Reply #592 on: June 15, 2009, 02:53:41 AM »
Eh, maybe I somehow suck so badly that I bend the fabric of logic itself. In that case, I for one welcome our new Donut + Yukari overlords. In other words, that often doesn't help. I believe it is because the homing type's bullets take out the enemies quicker because they reach farther.

To be honest...since it's Summer, I may have to break my promise to Ruro and play SG anyway. With a bit of practice/knowing where the game is going to turn into a shitfest, I could probably beat normal no problem.

EDIT: Also Purvis you became an idiot maiden. I WANNA BE ONE AGAIN!!! ;_;

END.  TIMES.  ARE.  NIGH!!

So me becoming an idiot maiden again causes the same effect as Ruro playing SA?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:59:03 AM by nintendonut888 »

Edible

« Reply #593 on: June 15, 2009, 02:59:45 AM »
donut's an idiot.

Wut.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:00:21 AM by nintendonut888 »

Edible

« Reply #594 on: June 15, 2009, 02:59:56 AM »
BUT FOR HOW LONG?!

*spazzes out* DX DX DX

Oh lol
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:01:24 AM by Kanako Yasaka »

Mizuki-chan

« Reply #595 on: June 15, 2009, 03:02:11 AM »
Seeing your avatar two times in a row is murder to look away from. Your avatar is the light and I'm the moth.

It is divine.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:03:02 AM by Edible »

nintendonut888

« Reply #596 on: June 15, 2009, 03:02:34 AM »
Well that was fun. I wonder if I'll ever be an idiot maiden for more than five minutes though...

Actually, this was only 3 minutes. >_>
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:03:44 AM by Edible »

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #597 on: June 15, 2009, 03:06:49 AM »
It is divine.

I kinda want to snack on whatever those things that're being eaten are. :x

They look like they'd make a decent snack.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Gpop

« Reply #598 on: June 15, 2009, 03:07:50 AM »
Everyone mocks Donut for his limited Idiot time.

Isn't it HILARIOUS donut?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:08:36 AM by Edible »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #599 on: June 15, 2009, 03:15:20 AM »
Donut is Shrinemaiden's ⑨-ball - she rolls briefly into idiocy, only to tilt out of position until the next cycle.

.... "she"?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:40:28 AM by Hotaruro Tomoe »
There was something here once. Wonder what...