Author Topic: Anyone here still plays swr?  (Read 4794 times)

tliu0c

Anyone here still plays swr?
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »
To anyone who is pissed off by the developers kept manipulating the characters in 12.3, play swr with me.
Add me to your msn: tony276869147@hotmail.com
I also made a hamachi channel
room:th10.5
pass:th10.5
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 08:51:03 PM by tliu0c »

Re: Anyone here still plays swr?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »
Why play Red when you can play FireRed.   :V

I think 12.3 is a lot more balanced than SWR.

Also, you can't deny the awesomeness that is CIRNO KICK!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 02:09:53 AM »
And the game engine is much less idiotic.

Seriously, wrongblocking shouldn't be the equlivalent of Guilty Gear's Faultless Defense.

tliu0c

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 08:43:09 AM »

Seriously...you guys......
Fine then. I'll just switch my main then. I find it alot easier to use characters such as suika compaired with aya and youmu. But I'm going to use her in an evil way and I'm going to be as cheap as I can because I am pissed off and people are saying 12.3 is much more balanced than swr.

ShinyaKyoto

• Yukari Yakumo's Slave
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 01:04:53 PM »
I play often and always play as Alice Margatroid or Suika Ibuki.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 02:05:42 PM »
But I'm going to use her in an evil way and I'm going to be as cheap as I can because I am pissed off and people are saying 12.3 is much more balanced than swr.
If people could play cheap and win, most people would. Especially in tournaments. But any "cheap" strategy that doesn't actually mean "This person is really really skilled" is just going to fail against people who know what they're doing.

And there's a REASON they tweak the characters and game system; to make it more balanced. It may not be what you're used to in SWR, get over it. They don't just do it for shits and giggles. The 1.10 patch helped a LOT with the balance, as well.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:15:51 PM »
By cheap, do you mean 5C spam?  :V

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 04:31:53 PM »
I HATE HOW THEY CHANGED THIS GAME IT WAS SO UNBALANCED AND I COULD WIN BY SPAMMING ONE MOVE OVER AND OVER AND NOW I HAVE TO ACTUALLY THINK WHAT THE FUCK

Fixed.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »
The only things I can think of that went wrong in 1.10:

-Aya got beat into the ground with the nerfbat. Again.
-Cirno remained pretty much ignored and will remain more or less low-tier.
-Cards lost to Snow weather are now lost permanently. Wtf?
-Yukari still has her hitbox extending into her parasol on 6A. Wish it was more like Okuu's OP 3A cape.
-Totally arb Komachi nerfs.
-Weird Alice B/C doll alterations but they seem to be working in her favour in retrospect.

tliu0c

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »
And there's a REASON they tweak the characters and game system; to make it more balanced. It may not be what you're used to in SWR, get over it. They don't just do it for shits and giggles. The 1.10 patch helped a LOT with the balance, as well.

Hehe..You know what... I do believe they do it just for shits and giggles. I believe they just boost whatever character they feel like and nerf the ones they don't like.
My favourite character was aya and youmu. When 12.3 came out, the nerf on aya kicked the shit out of me. It was like..using suika(I never used her before) was much easier than using aya. You could say my aya sucked. But I know what I'm talking about and I know how that how it felt back then.
In fact, aya got nerfed even more in 1.10. I don't know wtf were they thinking and I don't care anymore. To those who say 12.3 is balanced, why don't you go try aya.

Then I was thinking: Ok fine. I still got youmu. 
Now what. A f***ing one second freeze after spamming b?
I have play youmu for more than a year. Now my way of using youmu doesn't work anymore. It sure took them a looong time to "balance" youmu.

They also make tweaks in cycles. When swr was first released one of youmu's skill was very powerful.(sorry i don't know the English name of it) Then it got nerfed later. Then it went ridiculously powerful when 12.3 is released. And now in 1.10 it was nerfed again.
I would call that --- STUPID

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »
Youmu, Aya and Suika were all top-tier in SWR, coincidentally. They were some of the easiest, mash-iest characters in the game. Youmu still retains plenty of that quality and damage, so does Suika. The only difference is that you now have to actually work for it.

(Hurrr 4 hit 2,200 damage combo.)

Drake

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »
butthurt, should stop using arcade mode as a means to express ability, etc

No seriously. Get over it. Just because they touch the character that you play as specifically doesn't mean you have to rant about them and boycott the game when everybody else starts playing it. If you really care that much just stop whining about it and find some people to play with.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

tliu0c

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 09:13:46 PM »
butthurt, should stop using arcade mode as a means to express ability, etc

No seriously. Get over it. Just because they touch the character that you play as specifically doesn't mean you have to rant about them and boycott the game when everybody else starts playing it. If you really care that much just stop whining about it and find some people to play with.

Sure. Does this fourm have a hamachi channel that I could join?