Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 101428 times)

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2010, 01:21:22 AM »
Yeah, never craft two unique hats together, even if you don't like them. It's always a bad deal unless you absolutely get the single hat you want the most. With the trading system (one of these days, valve!) coming soon, it's just bad business!

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »
With the trading system (one of these days, valve!) coming soon, it's just bad business!
Valvetime.

Tonight was a success.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 06:02:18 AM by Esoterica »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2010, 08:47:18 AM »
Just got 3 refined metal and couldn't wait to craft a hat.  So I craft.

I get a Ten Gallon.

Now, this wouldn't normally be a bad thing, as the Ten Gallon's a pretty awesome hat.  However, I *never* play Engie.  So I decide to craft it with my Yellow Belt that I never use.

Mining Light.

brb seppuku
The Ten Gallon and the Pyro's Beanie are the only two hats I want.  Sadly you can't make engineer tokens and I have the pyro's other two hats so the odds of getting a dupe are high.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2010, 12:02:25 AM »
At this point I'd be happy if I got any hat/accessory at all. I only have the standard Ghastly Gibus and camera beard

...or maybe a pair of damn Gunboats

Bananamatic

« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2010, 12:03:54 AM »
At this point I'd be happy if I got any hat/accessory at all. I only have the standard Ghastly Gibus and camera beard

...or maybe a pair of damn Gunboats
Same here. I'd give you my gunboats if the trading update was already in place :V

Barrakketh

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2010, 12:26:08 AM »
Uhhh...

* Barrakketh hides
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2010, 02:20:49 AM »
Even if the Sandman isn't "high-tier" or whatever, I'm having fun with it. I just need to remember to use it to stun attackers while retreating.

Also, I got a Targe, but still no sword. :<

Barrakketh

« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2010, 02:44:18 AM »
Even if the Sandman isn't "high-tier" or whatever, I'm having fun with it. I just need to remember to use it to stun attackers while retreating.

I was one of the unlucky people who didn't get the Eyelander with the milestone and had to wait for Valve to fix things >_<

« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2010, 02:52:18 AM »

Sandman's perfectly fine now, it was just terrible back when it had -30 HP, and overpowered when it removed your double jump and could stun ubers.

I'd say it's a perfect sidegrade now; Stuns are amazingly useful, but -15 HP means -12% max HP.  And that's a lot.

I was one of the unlucky people who didn't get the Eyelander with the milestone and had to wait for Valve to fix things >_<
My milestones glitched completely for Soldier and Demo.

3 BUFF BANNERS, 2 EYELANDERS AND A SCOTTISH RESISTANCE, LOLWUT

« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2010, 11:38:21 PM »
Brother got the Vintage Tyrolean today.
He was pretty happy about it after never getting a hat after 400 hours of idling.

Bananamatic

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »
aaaaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhh
playing demoman, sneaked up on a sniper, taunt...at the last second, he sidesteps, a pyro comes up from behind and tries to hadouken me, I try to run, I get blocked and taunt killed.
I feel like an idiot >.>

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2010, 11:45:28 PM »
He was pretty happy about it after never getting a hat after 400 hours of idling.
First hat I found too.

Except I didn't idle for mine and it took 660 hours.

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2010, 11:50:23 PM »
First hat I found too.

Except I didn't idle for mine and it took 660 hours.

Well his first hat was the yellow headband, but that thing is stupid.
He got it before he did any major idling.

Bananamatic

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2010, 11:52:14 PM »
I'd do anything for a hat ;_;
well, except for idling

Barrakketh

« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2010, 12:01:46 AM »
I didn't get the Tyrolean until after the WAR update.  I've found five or six Prussian Picklehaubes, one of which was my second hat (first was a Tyrant's Helm).

I found two more Tyrolean's after the first, though :(

Bananamatic

« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2010, 12:18:26 AM »
How to lose your Scottish pride in 5 seconds
Looking at it again...it looks like a setup

well, atleast my first taunt death was pretty epic and that guy got an achievement :V

N-Forza

« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2010, 12:20:13 AM »
I have a Ghastly Gibus and that halo. I guess those count :V

Barrakketh

« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2010, 12:27:36 AM »
I have a Ghastly Gibus and that halo. I guess those count :V
I used the idle program way back when, so no halo for me.  I have two Gibuses (Gibii?), though.

I actually think I burned myself out from playing too much TF2.  I'm only really willing to log on if there are at least a couple of my mic-using friends playing, and will leave shortly after they call it a night.

« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2010, 03:42:36 AM »
Warning to all Demo players: The last update broke the Grenade Launcher, making grenades pass right through opponents.  Since this pretty much makes the class useless, I suggest either switching classes or whoring out stickies which any demo players here probably already do until this gets fixed.

Bananamatic

« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2010, 04:04:38 AM »
When did this update happen? I could still kill people with them a few hours ago...
...or just go Eyelander 8)

« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2010, 04:10:22 AM »
When did this update happen? I could still kill people with them a few hours ago...
...or just go Eyelander 8)
4:21 PM CST. "Fixed pipebombs not being removed if they explode in a func_nogrenades zone" didn't quite work as intended.

Of course, you might not've been playing on an updated server.

Here, have a video.

I just tried a rocket jump, then did an AB rocket jump at the same spot in tr_walkway for comparison purposes.

Holy damn, AB went about 33% higher.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:07:54 AM by Esoterica »

« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2010, 07:46:02 AM »
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/85383    >.>

Why are these things happening?

« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2010, 01:13:21 PM »
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/85383    >.>

Why are these things happening?
I saw that last night and cried.

« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2010, 02:41:14 AM »
I'm just going to start posting mods I like in this thread for you guys. derp

http://www.fpsbanana.com/sprites/2324

Bananamatic

« Reply #174 on: February 26, 2010, 02:45:36 AM »
got a medic taunt kill from behind the corner during humiliation :V

oh and a few deflect kills. one of them completely blind and made some demo detonate himself with his stickies.

another when I blew away the demoman and apparently I blew away his grenade too which landed on his head

oh and separated 3 ubers, all in the same spot

seriously, if you play with a backburner, you should have your steam account banned because compression blast is fuckawesome

« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2010, 02:50:08 AM »
Found a Pyro Beanie.  Yay.

Bananamatic

« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2010, 02:51:17 AM »
found 9th flaregun
2 guys found hats

BAWW

Barrakketh

« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2010, 03:45:24 AM »
got a medic taunt kill from behind the corner during humiliation :V

oh and a few deflect kills. one of them completely blind and made some demo detonate himself with his stickies.

another when I blew away the demoman and apparently I blew away his grenade too which landed on his head

oh and separated 3 ubers, all in the same spot

:smug:

Always a great feeling.

« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2010, 03:54:56 AM »
:smug:

Always a great feeling.
Still trying to break 4 in one life.

Unfortunately, there are a lot less Huntsman snipers than there used to be :C

I can't believe I just used "unfortunately" and "less huntsman snipers" in the same sentence

N-Forza

« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2010, 04:03:02 AM »
Wow, I had no idea you could deflect arrows. That's kind of cool.

Yeah, I had the backburner for a while, but after I got the Hot On Your Heels acheivement I went right back.