Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 101037 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
I got two taunt kills in legitimate matches today. :V
like clan match?
only got a pyro one on a sniper once, a decapitation from around the corner and another on an AFK scout :V

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2010, 01:02:12 AM »
The only taunt Kill I've ever done is with the heavy on Hydro one day.

Actually, I did one with the Pyro too

Bananamatic

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2010, 01:05:04 AM »
Finally unlocked the Direct Hit...and it sucks :V

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2010, 01:20:16 AM »
I'm a fan of the teamwork I can inspire by being a medic. :V If they don't get heals envy and start whining, I find out fairly quickly who the good teammates are, and they start sticking around me and occasionally drop a <3 or similar in chat when I rescue them JUST before pyro fire kills them. And then leading an uber rush to cap the intel for the final time is always an exhilarating experience.

Bananamatic

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2010, 01:36:44 AM »
Being a medic is good especially when you are cursing that sentry nest after getting killed in a second for the 10th time... :V

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2010, 01:41:57 AM »
like clan match?
No, TF2 night on a forum I moderate.

But we were actually playing the game and not just dicking around.  Twice I managed to distract someone as a spy, run down a narrow hallway, do a 180, then cloak and taunt before they came barreling around the corner. :V

If you play Huntsman sniper, try taunting ubered heavies.  The taunt will still stun them, and you can just spam it if it didn't kill them.

Bananamatic

« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2010, 01:43:15 AM »
oh.
Got another taunt kill today - Ubersaw :V
Sneaked up on a spy in Gorge, pressed G and laughed as he turned around a split second before I impaled him 8)

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2010, 02:11:30 AM »

I've risen above the need for a team. 8)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2010, 12:23:11 AM »
I finally got a better computer so I'm going to start playing again.

I like Medic, Scout and sometimes Engy, but I'll play whatever the team needs. I don't have a lot of weapon unlocks yet, mostly because of lack of playing, but the Huntsman is awesome. I haven't learned to aim with it yet, but random headshots are always cool.

Bananamatic

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2010, 12:29:18 AM »
Huntsman is indeed cool :V
It's mostly prediction and timing. When you pin a running spy to the wall with a headshot, it's definitely worth the practice.

I also usually play what the team needs the most...it's Team Fortress after all.
I've seen teams where like 1/2 of all people were spies and snipers...or even 6 engies and once.
And no teleporters were up. ::)

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30:16 AM »
The team's I play with always need a medic.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2010, 01:33:35 AM »
The team's I play with always have more than half the team as Spy or Sniper

« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2010, 02:10:45 AM »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2010, 04:57:35 AM »

Can't blame them. I mean, I would guess that they're not playing to win, but rather they want those awesome moments like headshotting a flying scout or stairstabbing a heavy/medic duo( backstabbing anything is epic for me really, cause I suck as spy.)

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2010, 04:59:05 AM »
when I play as sniper I play to win!

meaning i don't play sniper unless it's a sniper-friendly map and there's at maximum only one other sniper

« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2010, 05:00:18 AM »
When I play sniper I play to show off to the people that think you're hacking when you headshot them point-blank because they were running in a straight line. :V

Actually, sniper's my main class.  But I'm not a LOL SNIPER WARS IS CREDIT TO TEAM sniper, and I know how to push forward and accomplish objectives.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:03:35 AM by Esoterica »

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »
Nowadays, When I use the Sniper, I stick to my huntsman, because of how it is still useful at close range, thus I can push forward and still do halfway-decent damage

Bananamatic

« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2010, 02:59:45 PM »
Nowadays, When I use the Sniper, I stick to my huntsman, because of how it is still useful at close range, thus I can push forward and still do halfway-decent damage
Jarate=KREDIT TO T33M
Hunstman kills are rather amusing compared to the boring clickm1instantheadshot rifle

EDIT:
tried soldier again

so what I've learned

1) direct hit sucks balls
2) shotgun>gunboats
3) don't rush in like a faggot(I usually have low k/d because I rush too much)

now
for the secondary slot
gunboats seem extremely situational, don't got the banner yet but is it any good? or the shotgun is better?

also had some mad crocket hax
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:02:07 PM by Bananamatic »

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2010, 07:32:19 PM »
so what I've learned

1) direct hit sucks balls
2) shotgun>gunboats
3) don't rush in like a faggot(I usually have low k/d because I rush too much)

now
for the secondary slot
gunboats seem extremely situational, don't got the banner yet but is it any good? or the shotgun is better?

also had some mad crocket hax
Good things to learn.

Only truly good unlock for soldier is Equalizer.  Gunboats are useful if you rocket jump a lot (I spend about 70% of my time as soldier in the air, so I use them), but are a downgrade in most situations.  Buff Banner's a pretty good sidegrade so long as you don't mind not having your shotgun.

EDIT: Actually, gunboats are pretty awesome in arena.  Less self-damage is a great thing to have when there aren't medkits around.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2010, 07:37:30 PM »
What's wrong with dhit?  Was it nerfed or something?

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »
What's wrong with dhit?  Was it nerfed or something?
It was awful to begin with, but yeah, it was nerfed slightly by making it so the aerial mini-crits only happen if an explosion launched the target into the air.

But among other things, the damage falloff on it is so bad that at a distance RL splash damage > DH direct rockets; the extra rocket speed makes rocket jumps tend to send you vertically more than horizontally, resulting in less momentum on long jumps as well as fall damage; tiny splash range pretty much ruins the purpose of using the rocket launcher; it's damn near impossible to knock ubers back with it; it's terrible for crowd control which is one of the main purposes of soldiers.

Just for starters.

« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »
Sad. Value sure knows how to nerf weapons to the point of uselessness.
So much for DH being a precision long ranged weapon. Got to get on top of anyone to use it.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2010, 08:39:24 PM »
DH is pretty popular in 6on6, actually. It's quite useful, in the right hands.

« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2010, 08:43:39 PM »
DH is pretty popular in 6on6, actually. It's quite useful, in the right hands.

DH still has its place, but that place isn't on large maps with tons of people.
I tend to play on 12on12 maps when I ever I do play.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
hurr durr tf2 isn't designed to be played in 16v16 team deathmatch on orange x

Bananamatic

« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »
Which spy cloak is the best for you? I've been using the Dead Ringer recently...but I might go back to the default one.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2010, 09:20:12 PM »
Default is really the best.  DR is less terrible now, but still useless aside from a minor annoyance to the other team.  And poor C&D is awful.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »
I use the gunboats all the time as soldier. The health you save from using them usually outweighs the shotgun's benefits if you rocket jump all the time. Unless of course you're on a map where rocket jumping is useless, there it's better to use the shotgun.

Dead ringer's still the best watch in most cases, I do so much more with it than I do with C&D/invis watch. I'll use the invis watch if there's a bad DR map or situation that calls for cloaking. C&D's worthless.

Bananamatic

« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2010, 09:34:02 PM »
DR's downside is that once the enemy knows you are a DR spy, they'll always watch out for you after the first kill.

« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »
Depends on the map, but I usually alternate between DR and IW.  C&D's usually just for fucking around in idle maps, but it's got its uses, such as on maps that have very little ammo.