Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments VI  (Read 153062 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI
« Reply #900 on: February 21, 2010, 01:13:01 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjogSpCJBWA

Here is proof that IaMP is not impossible. Stay tuned for two more pieces.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #901 on: February 21, 2010, 01:20:53 AM »
I beat it in 14 with Border Team
lol

« Reply #902 on: February 21, 2010, 01:31:39 AM »
MoF Lunatic 1cc

I'm not really proud of this because I know I can do a lot better. But it's fine for now.

Bananamatic

« Reply #903 on: February 21, 2010, 02:02:58 AM »
MoF Lunatic 1cc

I'm not really proud of this because I know I can do a lot better. But it's fine for now.
Nice :V
So now we have both 1cc'd 2 Lunatics and both different ones :V

« Reply #904 on: February 21, 2010, 02:18:36 AM »
IN is going to be the next one. Or one of the PC98 ones once I know how to record it.

I have no chance at EoSD or PCB at the moment or for a while and UFO is BS even on Hard for me, though maybe I should practice some on that. Either that or I'll finish Hard 1ccs for EoSD and PCB first.

« Reply #905 on: February 21, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »
Captured Orin's third nonspell.

Captured Catwalk two runs in a row...? ???
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #906 on: February 21, 2010, 08:24:23 PM »
EoSD suddenly decided it wanted to work on my PC again. Full 60 FPS. I'm very happy about that... but as my keyboard is rather fail right now i don't want to attempt 1cc'ing before i get myself new hardware... which will probably not happen anytime soon. I just don't want to get to Scarlet Gensokyo and then have the keyboard decide "Thou art gonna go left!" and then just seize Reimu and keep moving left until i hit the key again.  >:(

Speaking of EoSD, i managed to have a near-perfect Reimu B Patchy battle on Lunatic only dying to Buried in Lake - damn that card is BS. It just does whatever it wants. I haven't captured Emerald Megalith before either so that was cool.

I beat it in 14 with Border Team
lol

My original capture took over 100 tries...  ::)
Half a year ago i captured it in 7 tries and recently in around 20 tries...

But doesn't it revolve a lot around luck? I mean, yeah you can probably dodge whatever it throws at you if you are good enough but isn't there sometimes when the waves are much more managable than other times? That seems to be my experience with it anyway. And i think i have tried timing it out once but never gotten it beyond 50 seconds. If memory serves that is.

ebarrett

« Reply #907 on: February 21, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »
Fuck yes, PCB extra no-vert. Phantasm shouldn't be much harder, provided I find a somewhat reliable way to deal with Ran's second midboss card.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #908 on: February 21, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
But doesn't it revolve a lot around luck? I mean, yeah you can probably dodge whatever it throws at you if you are good enough but isn't there sometimes when the waves are much more managable than other times? That seems to be my experience with it anyway. And i think i have tried timing it out once but never gotten it beyond 50 seconds. If memory serves that is.

The RNG on the card makes the difficulty of the waves vary from standing still to HOLY SHIIIIT.
You still have to read where to stand still though. How do you think some people caught the card by standing still?

And you people are overselling "Bury in Lake". Sure, it can throw a hard wave at you, but most of the time it's just a slight tap to the left.

« Reply #909 on: February 21, 2010, 09:27:49 PM »
I was wondering if that was possible. Goes to watch replay.

Doesn't that make the only extras to never be done No Vert LLS, MS, EoSD, IN, and SA?

And I could just be remembering those wrong.

« Reply #910 on: February 21, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
The RNG on the card makes the difficulty of the waves vary from standing still to HOLY SHIIIIT.
You still have to read where to stand still though. How do you think some people caught the card by standing still?

And you people are overselling "Bury in Lake". Sure, it can throw a hard wave at you, but most of the time it's just a slight tap to the left.

I'm a real noob at abbreviations, i know, but what's RNG stand for? :blush:

Also, you might be right about Bury in Lake - i think the main problem is that we are all used to bubble hitboxes in the later Touhou games to be able to read it properly. Maybe.

Jaimers

« Reply #911 on: February 21, 2010, 09:54:31 PM »
Random number generator.
It's the randomiser of the bullets basically.

Doesn't that make the only extras to never be done No Vert LLS, MS, EoSD, IN, and SA?

SP did a no vertical run of IN for as much as it was possible and I think Baity said that SA was impossible without obscene amount of RNG luck.
The others I don't know. They might be interesting to look into though.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #912 on: February 21, 2010, 09:56:42 PM »
I was wondering if that was possible.
Well, if Phantasm is possible, then I'm certain Extra is as well.

Well, as far as my sources go, they're the only ones not recorded at this point.

Also, you might be right about Bury in Lake - i think the main problem is that we are all used to bubble hitboxes in the later Touhou games to be able to read it properly. Maybe.
Not exactly the main problem, but a problem nonetheless. I've had everything from solid bubble walls (solid in terms of EoSD; bubbles) to timeouts.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #913 on: February 21, 2010, 09:59:42 PM »
I'm not sure about EoSD being impossible to do NV. I did a random run once, perfected the stage portion aside from one bomb on Royal Flare, and Flandre isn't that much different on the whole NV. There are some obvious exceptions like Maze of Love and Lavatein, though.

The only time I tried, I game overed on Catadioptric, and that was with plenty of derps along the way. But then again, I'm not like Baity in that I have the concentration to sit down and calculate to use bomb #2 on spellcard #6 at 0:24 seconds in at a distance of six pixels from the right wall :V
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:04:31 PM by SenSageUn »

ebarrett

« Reply #914 on: February 21, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »
Well, if Phantasm is possible, then I'm certain Extra is as well.

Phantasm is about same difficulty, to be honest. Most of it is about the same, extra has four cards which are harder to no-vert (Oni & Oni, Wizard Fox Thoughts, 12 General Gods, and Unillateral Contact), Phantasm gets Danmaku Bounded Field and bomb-immune midboss to make up for it (along with Mesh of Light and Darkness which can force you to bomb more than expected on rare occasions), all in all it's very very reasonable. I got to the last couple of seconds of Border of Humans and Youkai twice before deciding to give Extra a few tries despite Wizard Fox Thoughts being complete random pain, and both of these Phantasm runs had deaths with full bombs, total failures vs. Ran's second card, inexcusable mistakes vs. Spiriting Away, etc.

edit: long story short: GIL's no-vert Phantasm run would be his most overrated achievement if not for the Border of Life and Death timeout which is just ridiculous. But Phantasm no-vert itself is probably easier than UFO hard.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:13:39 PM by ebarrett »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #915 on: February 21, 2010, 10:13:25 PM »
The only time I tried, I game overed on Catadioptric, and that was with plenty of derps along the way. But then again, I'm not like Baity in that I have the concentration to sit down and calculate to use bomb #2 on spellcard #6 at 0:24 seconds in at a distance of six pixels from the right wall :V
Fun fact: I don't plan to this degree. It's more I raise my awareness during a specific Spell Card and have my finger twitching to (death)bomb  :V

Cut: PCB gives out lives like candy though, so it's excusable. Not to mention Borders. So there's a lot more leeway there when comparing to certain other Extra's NV.
<>

« Reply #916 on: February 21, 2010, 10:23:39 PM »
I'm almost certain that No Vert LLS and MS Extras are possible as well. I got up to the pattern before Cheeto Lasers, or maybe it was the Cheeto lasers with several derps on MS. And I got up to Gengetu in LLS once with some derps.

IN's seems impossible though from what I've seen. Maybe with TAS, maybe, but I don't think it's humanly possible.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #917 on: February 21, 2010, 10:26:36 PM »
MS Extra No-Vert doesn't seem like it'd be impossible at all. LLS has a lot of places that would force you to bomb, it shouldn't be impossible though... although probably pretty damn hard.

And then IN is 100% impossible due to the last 2 cards (even if you switch to No-Horizontal for them, Hourai Doll is impossible either way), unless you can reach them with enough resources to bomb through the entire thing (Is that even possible, human or not?) and SA would require mass luck, yeah.

EoSD has 3 cards that would pretty much require bombing through (Lavaeteinn(sp?), Maze of Love, And Then Will There Be None?).
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Jaimers

« Reply #918 on: February 21, 2010, 10:40:12 PM »
Cranberry Trap is looking pretty impossible as well...

L?vatein is only impossible at exactly one point though.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #919 on: February 22, 2010, 02:44:20 AM »

I doubt UFO has been done.  Seems like Undefined Darkness would pretty much kill any attempt at that stage, and then there's still Nightmare.  You also get far fewer resources than any other extra because you can't make UFOs.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #920 on: February 22, 2010, 03:04:37 AM »
I doubt UFO has been done.  Seems like Undefined Darkness would pretty much kill any attempt at that stage, and then there's still Nightmare.  You also get far fewer resources than any other extra because you can't make UFOs.
I'm pretty sure Baity already did UFO no-vert. Someone did, at least. I have a replay of it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #921 on: February 22, 2010, 03:12:07 AM »
I was in the middle of trying to do it, but had about 80% (of my attempts) RAEG-quitted at "Undefined Darkness" because trying to take that on efficiently requires some messed up planning.

tl;dr AM did it first and I tried to copy and haven't succeeded yet.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:18:12 AM by Baity »
<>

ebarrett

« Reply #922 on: February 22, 2010, 04:38:58 AM »
Just whoring myself here again and pointing out that the PCB no-vert videos are up.

Also wondering why this wasn't done before, considering how easy it is/was. "Pointless" after GIL's Phantasm run? I know some of you top players don't go for "lesser" achievements, but still.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #923 on: February 22, 2010, 04:42:53 AM »
Just whoring myself here again and pointing out that the PCB no-vert videos are up.

Also wondering why this wasn't done before, considering how easy it is/was. "Pointless" after GIL's Phantasm run? I know some of you top players don't go for "lesser" achievements, but still.
That's the MIDI version of the music?  Yuck.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #924 on: February 22, 2010, 12:25:01 PM »
Ah, midi isn't so bad. :)

Also.

Perfect Nitori Lunatic
Very easy to do. Annotations with tips for those who are troubled is added.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 02:31:34 PM by Zengeku the Viking »

Formless God

« Reply #925 on: February 22, 2010, 03:40:21 PM »
Hourai Jewel 1/92 YES YES YES

That last wave is pure hax. I stood still and everything simply whiffed.

« Reply #926 on: February 22, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »
Hourai Jewel 1/92 YES YES YES

That last wave is pure hax. I stood still and everything simply whiffed.

Congrats with that. I wonder if i was just lucky but i got my initial capture after just 20 attempts and then another one with Scarlet Team after 5. Isn't this one of those cards where some people have spent several hundred attempts on a capture?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #927 on: February 22, 2010, 09:21:12 PM »
Congrats with that. I wonder if i was just lucky but i got my initial capture after just 20 attempts and then another one with Scarlet Team after 5. Isn't this one of those cards where some people have spent several hundred attempts on a capture?
IIRC, my first capture was on my 373rd attempt. <_< I've gotten the hang of it since then, but I have no idea why I couldn't get into the rhythm for such a long time.
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #928 on: February 22, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »
I didn't even capture it on Hard. I suck at that card :V
then again, I didn't practice it enough because I've always went for Eirin :V

« Reply #929 on: February 22, 2010, 11:04:34 PM »
8 deaths no bombs VoWG timeout after failing to capture it again.

Hey, it's a start.