Author Topic: Three Daily Touhou Bests!  (Read 145458 times)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Three Daily Touhou Bests!
« Reply #690 on: January 20, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »
Record of the Sealing of an Oriental Demon ~ A Phantom's Boisterous Dance

For being one of the longest track titles in the series.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:23:22 PM by Jaimers »

Gpop

« Reply #691 on: January 20, 2010, 04:18:51 PM »
Hmm, missed yesterday's question. For that one I would say Koishi's but I never really played, as I only saw it through videos.

So intead I'm going with Aya's for SPEED.
For today's question, I'm going with Hartmann's Youkai Girl as it makes her sound that much cuter <3

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #692 on: January 20, 2010, 04:20:01 PM »
Break the Sabbath. Not least because I so often do.

HMs to The Positive and Negative, Septette for the Dead Princess and Treacherous Maiden ~ Judas Kiss.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #693 on: January 20, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »

Let's Die All Together

8)
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #694 on: January 20, 2010, 08:17:05 PM »
Magical Shop of Raspberry.

I have never heard the song but goddamn that is an amazing name.

HM to Alice Maestra for being a really pretty name to go with a really pretty song.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #695 on: January 20, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »
Now, Until the Moment You Die

or Let's All Die Together.

Maybe I just like people dying in titles >:

Perhaps it would only be a matter of learning which moves are the most useful, but I can't get past stage 1 with Cirno on lunatic. :< I still suck at fighting games, it just so happens each of the fighting games has someone who has an AI breaking attack (Yukari in IaMP), absurdly powerful moves that are god tier against story mode spell cards (Youmu in SWR), or have a great and easy to do combo when the opponent's spell gauge is drained (Meiling in UNL). Without stuff like that I'm an easy modo fighter.
It helps a little to try out Normal/Hard first, to get used to the spellcards (since you do most of them the same way on Lunatic, after all. Once you don't get hit by them much, it doesn't matter which difficulty you play for almost all of them.)

Also, Youmu actually isn't the best choice for SWR since she doesn't have a continuous dash, and about god tier spell-killing... Reisen can hax out everything with 3 perma-buffs from Grand Patriot's Elixir and a fully leveled skillcard. Youmu was probably a good choice though because you can really feel proud about winning with her. Same with Meiling in UNL, because Cirno 1cc feels like cheating  :V

And basically to kill spellcards with Cirno, you usually use 5C and/or her default 236, and sometimes 6B/C. Throwing in other stuff can help, and 6C's piercing is awesome. Stack your deck with buffing system cards and four 236 skillcards, and many spellcards can end as soon as you get one Spell Break on it (Even Aya's system card was surprisingly helpful). When you spell break something, AAAA 5C 236B and then whatever after.

Oh, and on Sanae's second spellcard, it doesn't cost spirit to graze the frogs, abuse that fact to clear them out, along with maybe some 6C.

...*stops off-topic chattering*
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:51:13 PM by NeoGenesis »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #696 on: January 20, 2010, 11:07:24 PM »
I like the title "The Gods Give Us Blessed Rain". Although that might have to do with how it's raining right now. ;D

Lopsidation

• Exploring the Twin Labyrinths
  • Be light of heart;
« Reply #697 on: January 20, 2010, 11:31:30 PM »
UFO Romance in the Night Sky.

A very official 3nd place to: Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Suziohime ~ Border of Life.

A very unofficial 2th place to: The Kappa Way as Said ~ One Way Accelerator.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:33:34 PM by Lopsidation »
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."

« Reply #698 on: January 21, 2010, 12:06:06 AM »
I've always liked "Tomorrow will be sunny, yesterday was not"

Honourable mention goes to "UFO Romance in the night sky", which was nearly my pick for this

« Reply #699 on: January 21, 2010, 12:24:51 AM »
I'm changing my answer to this.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #700 on: January 21, 2010, 12:35:44 AM »

or Let's All Die Together.

These. Along with Hellfire Mantle and Lullaby of Deserted Hell. Honorable mentions to Complete Darkness and Casket of Star.

« Reply #701 on: January 21, 2010, 12:43:02 AM »
Also, Shim, questions not added to the giant list while you were gone:

Scoring system
Power
Least favorite Touhou meme
Head accessory
StB scene
Last Word
Handheld accessory
Least favorite hair
Non-game character
Spellcard background
Death fairy
Character title
Extra midboss
Survival card

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #702 on: January 21, 2010, 04:24:05 AM »
Now, Until the Moment You Die is a weird title. :\ If it were saying what it sounds like it'd be awesome, but the "now" it uses is the same that Byakuren uses when she says "Now, in the name of the three treasures~" Taken into that context, it's nothing but a sentence fragment.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #703 on: January 21, 2010, 05:52:01 AM »
jsdsklakhskjabsfm,as

What is your favorite theme from Phantasmagoria of Flower View?

Flower Land.  Next.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #704 on: January 21, 2010, 05:56:30 AM »
Fate of Sixty Years. Wind God Girl would win, but it is just a borrowed theme from BAiJR.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #705 on: January 21, 2010, 05:56:36 AM »
Flowering Night. Next.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #706 on: January 21, 2010, 05:57:56 AM »

« Reply #707 on: January 21, 2010, 05:58:34 AM »
The Flower Like the Fantasy.
Best ending theme ever.
I mean I mean I mean I mean um uh um
Higan Retour ~ Riverside View is <33 too :D

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #708 on: January 21, 2010, 06:27:39 AM »
The Flower Like the Fantasy.

Lord Usa's Elemental Flag is great too.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #709 on: January 21, 2010, 07:07:31 AM »
Hm... Actually a tough choice between Flower Land (Opening is <3 ) Riverside View, and Fate of Sixty Years... Eh, gonna go with Fate of Sixty Years for the overall quality in the original. Flower Land mostly has the opening to speak for it, and Riverside View... Nice, but really its quality comes out more in remixes than the original IMO.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #710 on: January 21, 2010, 07:34:23 AM »
All of them, because they're all great. Except for Mystia's.

If I had to pick one, though, it'd be Higan Retour. Easily my favorite penultimate boss song in terms of belonging to a penultimate boss (as opposed to the quality of the song itself). Every other penultimate boss song is ramped up with agitation and whatnot while this piece doesn't give two shits about anything and just lazily floats down the river.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #711 on: January 21, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »
Edit: Whoops, accidentally answered yesterday's question, and wrote a comment about the question from two days ago. As for today's...not sure. PoFV is the one game which doesn't really have all that much memorable music, imho. I think I'm going to go with Spring Lane ~ Colourful Path and/or Higan Retour ~ Riverside View in the end, though.

(Dis)unified Field Theory of Magic, for obvious reasons :P

Also, all you people actually liking Danmaku Bounded Field yesterday should be ashamed of yourselves. Pure memorization clusterfucks are awful and should never exist, if I wanted a rhythm game I'd play StepMania instead.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:16:58 AM by Alice Margatroid »
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #712 on: January 21, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »
Fate of Sixty Years. Wind God Girl would win, but it is just a borrowed theme from BAiJR.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #713 on: January 21, 2010, 10:37:13 AM »
In terms of new tracks only, Riverside View. Otherwise it's Phantom Ensemble by default.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #714 on: January 21, 2010, 10:56:16 AM »
Higan Retour ~ Riverside View, if only new tracks.

Formless God

Gpop

« Reply #716 on: January 21, 2010, 01:29:06 PM »
Meh, I didn't enjoy much PoFV's music or it's arranges. But if I had to choose, it'd be Fate of 60 Years. It was pretty epic.

« Reply #717 on: January 21, 2010, 02:01:25 PM »
Spring Lane ~ Colorful Path is one of ZUN's best tracks and also one of his most ignored since everyone goes LOL DREAM BATTLE. :(

HM to Flowering Night and Wind God Girl's intro.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 02:03:09 PM by Serafie »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #718 on: January 21, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
Fate of Sixty Years. HM to Wind God Girl, because I don't care if it comes from BAiJR, it is still fantastic.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #719 on: January 21, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »
Ghostly Band ~ Phantom Ensemble

<3<3<3