Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162578 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #960 on: January 01, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »
Made Lunatic Shikieiki take a hit in match mode

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #961 on: January 01, 2010, 06:05:33 PM »
PoFV lunatic 1cc with Mystia.
That makes nine characters done.
Should have saved Cirno for the ninth 1cc.  :P

As usual, 90% of my deaths were on Shiki. Managed to do stage 8 without dying which is pretty nice.
Holy crap at Mystia's speed though.

Also I don't know what it is, but I've never had a replay crash on me, EVER.
I am using the English patch.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #962 on: January 01, 2010, 06:08:38 PM »
Also I don't know what it is, but I've never had a replay crash on me, EVER.
I am using the English patch.
never had a replay crash on me, EVER.
I hate you.

Mystia is actually pretty good, her higher scope is made better by her special ability. I've had lots of fun when I've tried her out.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ebarrett

« Reply #963 on: January 01, 2010, 06:44:46 PM »
I've never had a replay crash on me, EVER.
I've lost almost 20 lunatic 1cc replays, eleven Mystia replays alone, including a bunch of 130+ million points ones.

I hate you too.  >:(

Holy crap at Mystia's speed though.
One of a few chars whose focused speed is faster than Yuka's unfocused.  :V

edit:
10 characters done here, still missing Youmu, Lyrica, Tewi and Yuka. Lyrica shouldn't be hard, but Youmu and Tewi are just too weird to handle and I've lost count of how many times I failed vs. Shiki with Yuka.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:18:05 PM by ebarrett »

Drake

« Reply #964 on: January 01, 2010, 07:34:38 PM »
you had 89 seconds left meaning that she was right above you 90% of the time
Yes and I am very happy. Although regardless it's not like you can say it's only a legit capture if she flies all around the fucking screen and you have to break your way through walls. A cap's a cap. My history says so.
Besides, most card that are difficult to cap have a luck attribute to them and as such you could say luck factors into any good capture :>

also hitbox patch y/n
Haven't used it for months.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:51:33 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #965 on: January 01, 2010, 07:37:38 PM »
On a whim, I tried a no focus run of EoSD Hard. Finished 4/0. :dragonforce: Very annoyed about the needless bomb at the end of Meister, though... it would have been a perfect Stage 6 otherwise. :< Anywho, replay.
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #966 on: January 01, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »
1D1B SoEW Extra (Stage portion) No Shooting.

Bomb used when all the green blobs were present; they all died.
Death at the floating eyes afterwards; too many to control. I then used the invulnerability time to kill them all i.e. by ramming them.

Well, that was pretty fun.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #967 on: January 01, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »
Beat the stage portion of SoEW extra no deaths. Turns out Reimu A's pretty good at taking out the green blobs. I even discovered that if you score good enough on the scoring part of the stage, you can get another bomb via extends if you bomb when a ton of blobs are on screen. She's not viable for beating Evil Eye no deaths though, since even at max power her shot is pretty weak. :( Still beat him so I can say I've beaten extra with all shot types.

Problem is, Reimu C suffers from the same problem that makes me dislike using Reimu in EoSD and PCB: She's so slow she can't outrun bullets, leading to many frustrating deaths. Oh well, this is a start...

EDIT: Also, requesting that you change your avatar to this.

@_@

But no. Not until I see some gameplay from that!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #968 on: January 01, 2010, 09:29:59 PM »
Haven't used it for months.
:parsee:

Every single good run I get ends up with 3 bombs on Scarlet Meister.

Also, got Shiki in match mode down to 1 half of an orb. Probably thanks to raymoo hax with balls.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #969 on: January 01, 2010, 10:03:26 PM »
On another whim, did a Final A 1cc of IN... Eirin is so much easier than Kaguya. Finished 2/1; I got the last extend halfway through Hourai Elixir, so that was useful. :V Here's the replay.
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #970 on: January 02, 2010, 12:07:23 AM »
Syou's 2nd non-spell timeout 1 Death. Ignore everything else; I wasn't really paying attention from Mid-Boss!Nazrin onwards.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Drake

« Reply #971 on: January 02, 2010, 12:09:02 AM »
Apollo 13 cap, Astronomical Entombing cap. 2CC IN Lunatic ending with 3/0.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #972 on: January 02, 2010, 12:17:14 AM »
Complete Clarification timeout. It's really not that much harder than beating the attack in the first place.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Formless God

« Reply #973 on: January 02, 2010, 01:48:05 AM »
Complete Clarification timeout. It's really not that much harder than beating the attack in the first place.

I used to be able to capture this, but not anymore :( (and to think I'm now much better than I was back then ...)

On-topic :
- Moon Sign "Silent Selene"
- Sun Sign "Royal Flare" no safespotting (heck that thing doesn't work for me anymore :<)
- "Five Philosopher Stones"
- ATWTBN

All in the same run (!)

« Reply #974 on: January 02, 2010, 01:53:17 AM »
What safespot? Or are you talking about the thing where MarisA only has to dodge like one or two parts of the attack.

Formless God

« Reply #975 on: January 02, 2010, 02:15:39 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E94EYSaYoE

MarisA can even finish the attack before the second wave :<

nintendonut888

« Reply #976 on: January 02, 2010, 02:19:51 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E94EYSaYoE

MarisA can even finish the attack before the second wave :<

Heh, I never knew there was an actual safespot. The attack is probably even easier if you actually dodge though because the illusion of safety a safespot can give obviously screws you over if you messed up the positioning.

Anyway, LFO. On a whim I decided to see how well I could dodge the red phase (with bombs). One death including the timeout phase. Stuff's crazy fun. :V I also figured out another way to make the attack less painful if you bomb, so I'll be amazed if this attack ever chain kills me again.

Yay edit: Holy crap, Dipper Creeping Close is this easy if you don't screw up?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:55:12 AM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #977 on: January 02, 2010, 03:07:31 AM »
MarisA and MarisaC Normal 1ccs for Subterranean Animism. I can now play Extra with all of the shots in that game.

Formless God

« Reply #978 on: January 02, 2010, 03:18:04 AM »
Scarlet Gensokyo 2 deaths no bombs.
VoWG 1 death no bomb, last part unfocused because it's easier this way, again :V

Aya vs. Lunatic CPU Reisen, 1-2. I'm satisfied :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #979 on: January 02, 2010, 04:47:16 AM »
I just had my best two runs to date on PCB Extra. Perfected the stage portion each time, bringing my total up to four or five. On the first of said runs, I scored my first ever capture of Ran's fourth card, finally figured out a way to control her fifth (still haven't captured it, gotta work on execution), and gameovered on her sixth. In the second run, I played almost perfectly up until her fifth card, only dying once beforehand on her second because I still can't properly position myself for it. I fell apart spectacularly after that, but doing so well for so long (especially with the recent problems I've been having on her first card) really took me for a loop.

I moved on to SA right after that and proceeded to embarrass myself somewhat because I had somehow lost my ability to think while playing. Perhaps it's an accomplishment that I realized that at all? I tend to be pretty stubborn when grinding video games...
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

nintendonut888

« Reply #980 on: January 02, 2010, 06:47:20 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6721

Hah! Perfect Aya fight. I knew I was capable of this.

nintendonut888

« Reply #981 on: January 02, 2010, 07:35:11 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6723

There, about time. My second UFO lunatic 1cc. Despite the fact that I know a lot more, I actually did a little worse. ;_; I cleared with 2 lives instead of 3, didn't capture as many things, and really sucked on stage 2...

BUT I GOT FIVE MILLION POINTS LESS!  :dragonforce:

Of course, now we all get to sit back and see if I pass the site's crack team's rigorous analysis this time.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #982 on: January 02, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »
BUT I GOT FIVE MILLION POINTS LESS!  :dragonforce:
Hah! You'll never beat my awesome score!
Let's fight.

« Reply #983 on: January 02, 2010, 01:56:31 PM »
:parsee:

Don't worry. That patch just fixed what was wrong with EoSD. Don't listen to naysayers who says otherwise. Its only fair to be able to see your hit-box no?

Bananamatic

« Reply #984 on: January 02, 2010, 03:12:04 PM »
Don't worry. That patch just fixed what was wrong with EoSD. Don't listen to naysayers who says otherwise. Its only fair to be able to see your hit-box no?
I'm not using it, it's that he 1cc'd it before me

« Reply #985 on: January 02, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »
Not if Zun didn't want us seeing it. I've never played EoSD with a visible hitbox.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
Re: Touhou Accomplishments V
« Reply #986 on: January 02, 2010, 04:04:43 PM »
Dohohohoho

HRtP: Lunatic 1cc both routes
SoEW: Lunatic 1cc, extra clear no rapid fire
PoDD: Lunatic 1cc, Yumemi
LLS: Lunatic 1cc with all shot types, First three stages perfected, extra clear all shot types (no bombs, no deaths)
MS: Lunatic 1cc, extra clear all shot types
EoSD: Lunatic 1cc with two shot types, extra clear with all shot types, stages 1-6 beaten no deaths, all spell cards captured
PCB: Lunatic 1cc with three shot types, stage 5 perfected, extra clear no deaths, phantasm clear with all shot types, all spell cards captured
IaMP: Lunatic 1cc, Yukari
IN: Lunatic 1cc, extra clear all shot types (no deaths), every stage beaten no deaths, all spell cards captured
PoFV: Lunatic 1cc, Aya (shut up I don't care), extra clear
StB: All 85 scenes cleared
MoF: Lunatic 1cc, extra clear  with 5 shot types (ugh @ Marisa A), all spell cards captured, post-Momizi stage captured
SWR: Lunatic 1cc, Youmu
SA: Lunatic 1cc, extra clear no deaths (two shot types), all stages beaten no deaths, all spell cards captured
UFO: Lunatic 1cc, extra clear with all shot types, all spell cards captured, Kogasa and Ichirin perfect
UNL: Normal 1cc, Meiling

*pokes people working on UNL English patch* :(

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Well, I've beaten all of them on normal. That's all I got. Except EoSD, I beat that on hard once, with 0 c/l/b remaining.

nintendonut888

« Reply #987 on: January 02, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »
DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Well, I've beaten all of them on normal. That's all I got. Except EoSD, I beat that on hard once, with 0 c/l/b remaining.

Oh, that list is outdated. I'll have to update it next thread. :V

* Scrooge Mcnut goes back to counting his accomplishments

EDIT: Also EoSD is all the better for not having a visible hitbox. The dodges that are required in that game would require an inordinate amount of praying if you saw how close the bullets come to your chewy center.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 07:12:59 PM by nintendonut888 »

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #988 on: January 02, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »
Oh, that list is outdated. I'll have to update it next thread. :V

* Scrooge Mcnut goes back to counting his accomplishments

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Thats.....thats....impossible.....

ebarrett

« Reply #989 on: January 02, 2010, 07:04:59 PM »
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Thats.....thats....impossible.....

When his ego finally gets lost in the stratosphere, I'm holding you partially responsible.