Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163065 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #870 on: December 28, 2009, 03:09:27 AM »
What exactly do you mean by "choose a corner?"
Exactly what I mean by it. Choose a corner. No, you don't sit in the corner, you try to "micrododge" / stream the remaining orbs and their bullets. Remember to keep shooting. Hopefully, that clarified things a bit   :V
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #871 on: December 28, 2009, 03:39:27 AM »
Managed to capture Patchy's Lava Cromlech and Emerald Megalith on Lunatic in two different practice runs. That leaves Agni Radiance and Sylphae Horn High Level from her Lunatic MarisA fight uncaptured for me. Sylphae Horn being one I haven't captured on any difficulty.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #872 on: December 28, 2009, 04:54:56 AM »
Exactly what I mean by it. Choose a corner. No, you don't sit in the corner, you try to "micrododge" / stream the remaining orbs and their bullets. Remember to keep shooting. Hopefully, that clarified things a bit   :V

Nope, it's not working. I kept waiting for the "OOH!" to kick in, but I never successfully dodged them once trying your method. :\
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #873 on: December 28, 2009, 05:37:51 AM »
How about if I add that the large blue bullets that are fired upon death are aimed?
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #874 on: December 28, 2009, 06:12:01 AM »
How about if I add that the large blue bullets that are fired upon death are aimed?

Aw c'mon, give me some credit. I've known that for ages. In fact, it's precisely because of that that I cannot fathom how sitting in a corner could help. I may be able to dodge the big blue bullets, but they give virtually no room to dodge the smaller bullets, and even if they weren't there those bullets are very hard to read.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #875 on: December 28, 2009, 06:22:31 AM »
In fact, it's precisely because of that that I cannot fathom how sitting in a corner could help. I may be able to dodge the big blue bullets, but they give virtually no room to dodge the smaller bullets, and even if they weren't there those bullets are very hard to read.
Try a "streaming" approach after "choosing a corner" then. Or, wait ~2 days for when I return  :V

Regarding the italicized part, this normally means that you're destroying the enemies too late. Micro Memorize the (general) spawn points.

I'm going to give an "uhhhh...." expression to the bolded part.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #876 on: December 28, 2009, 06:40:41 AM »
I meant the random bullets you silly Gigabaity of information! >_>

You still haven't convinced me that the bullets fired by the enemies are the same every time BTW, which is what I've been trying to confirm. What I try that sometimes works doesn't other times.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #877 on: December 28, 2009, 07:31:39 AM »
I meant the random bullets you silly Gigabaity of information! >_>

You still haven't convinced me that the bullets fired by the enemies are the same every time BTW, which is what I've been trying to confirm. What I try that sometimes works doesn't other times.
Micromem != Static.

I'm using the term "micromem" in the sense that you perform similar movements, not exact.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #878 on: December 28, 2009, 07:46:27 AM »

Well then, I've learned absolutely nothing. >_> I got the impression that you said the random bullets weren't as random as I thought, but apparently that's not the case.

* Donut downgrades Gigabaity to Megabaity

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #879 on: December 28, 2009, 10:11:41 AM »
Beat IN Easy with Border Team, both A and B. I captured every 6B spellcard except for Rainbow Danmaku. That's good, right? Right? :<

Formless God

« Reply #880 on: December 28, 2009, 01:09:22 PM »
- Nirvana's Cloudy Way in Purple, again.
- Superhuman, again.
- LFO, again.
- All of EX-Kogasa's spell cards, again.
- Red/Blue/Rainbow Invasion, again.
- Also survived three full waves of RTG.

:V

- A-a-and a Border of Wave and Particle Lunatic capture !

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #881 on: December 28, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »
Hmm, I tried Baity's method and I can guarantee that it works! \o/

Did it with ReimuA, so it should work with all shottypes.
Currently trying to do a true perfect run of the stage.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #882 on: December 28, 2009, 03:27:02 PM »
Double post, but I just did it!  ;D

UFO perfect stage 3 lunatic
No UFO's summoned. Also used ReimuA for extra challenge.

"King Kraken Strike" suddenly got extremely simple for me. I hardly fail it at all anymore.

EDIT:
Youtube'd
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:14:07 PM by Jaimers »

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #883 on: December 28, 2009, 06:09:31 PM »
The shit you people make me do...

What Jaimers just did, as done by me.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #884 on: December 28, 2009, 06:19:04 PM »
I just survived a full five minutes against Aya in Lunatic match mode (didn't win, of course; she only got hit once in that time). Still, I reckon that counts as an achievement, despite losing miserably in the second round. :V Replay attached.
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #885 on: December 28, 2009, 06:26:52 PM »
I just survived a full five minutes against Aya in Lunatic match mode (didn't win, of course; she only got hit once in that time). Still, I reckon that counts as an achievement, despite losing miserably in the second round. :V Replay attached.

FUN GAME.

After watching Jaimers' replay, I somehow completely understand the tactic (though not what I was doing wrong before), and successfully survived both waves.

Inb4subsequentperfect Yeah no, I'd rather not.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #886 on: December 28, 2009, 06:46:38 PM »
FUN GAME.
Pssh. It's tons of fun! Just treat it as a survival mode rather than something you're actually supposed to win and it suddenly becomes extremely addictive. Way more fun than Story/Extra modes, plus it's very good practice. :V

I WILL WIN A ROUND EVENTUALLY
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #887 on: December 28, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »
just reached stage 6 in UFO Hard for the first time
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #888 on: December 28, 2009, 07:53:35 PM »
Lunatic Hourai Jewel capture

That leaves only Hourai Elixir Lunatic and Kaguya's last spells on Lunatic(because I haven't 1cc'd yet) uncaptured. Okay, technically, I've captured 3 of the 5 last spells on a different score.dat, but I'm not counting it unless they're done on mine.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #889 on: December 28, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »
Just tried SA Extra for the first time in ages. Following several obligatory restarts after clipdeath-ing the first great-fairy sequence (criss-crossing rings), and finally managing a 1-death/1-bomb run of Sanae's third card, I get to Koishi for the second time ever. And I manage to get all the way to "Super-ego" before gameovering (the first time, I gameovered on her first nonspell).

Granted, I've seen the Koishi fight many times on Youtube, but does knowing how her attacks work really make it that easy? I perfected her second criss-crossing rings attack on my first try, for crying out loud. And the spells I did die on could certainly be circumvented with a bit more practice.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #890 on: December 28, 2009, 09:54:44 PM »
That's SA for you. SA is probably the most reliant on memorization out of all the games; knowing what's coming next does wonders for your playstyle.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #891 on: December 28, 2009, 11:25:34 PM »
I won a match against Lunatic Match Mode AI. :V Granted, I fought Yuka, so probably the easiest one to win against, but still. Hopefully the first of many? I don't think that Aya win is going to come for a long, long time, though.
Let's fight.

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #892 on: December 29, 2009, 02:19:17 AM »
1CCed SA today. Finally managed not to get raped to death by subterranean sun, instead only had to bomb once.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:20:48 AM by P♂zeal »

nintendonut888

« Reply #893 on: December 29, 2009, 02:23:12 AM »
HRtP lunatic Makai route no bombs 12cc. :V The accomplishment part is when I defeated Sariel one death no bombs. Granted, it's because I got REALLY lucky with her phase changes, but still, holy shit.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #894 on: December 29, 2009, 06:58:12 AM »
After my relatively successful SA Extra run today, and after growing frustrated with PCB's level designs, I sat down in a couple of sessions to practice PCB Extra. The main stage is becoming much easier the more I play it, though I wouldn't call myself consistent yet. I've also resorted to bombing Chen's second card until I can figure out precisely how it works. But that's not the good part here.

Several runs before my last, I got to Ran for the first time, but gameovered on her first card. Then the next time I reach Ran, I get to her fifth. Her fifth, on my second try ever. And by the way, unlike with Koishi, I had only seen the Ran fight on Youtube 2 or 3 times at most, and long ago enough that I would be quite unprepared for whatever Ran throws at me, spellcard or not. All of a sudden, PCB Extra seems doable, as long as I can manage appropriate bombing. Thank God it's actually fun to play, unlike the rest of the game, so I can bear practicing it.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

nintendonut888

« Reply #895 on: December 29, 2009, 09:01:29 AM »
I just perfected Yuugen Magan. My favorite part about HRtP is that when you actually pull off a good run, it looks REALLY cool. Video incoming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0u4fhBaNjE
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:15:12 AM by nintendonut888 »

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #896 on: December 29, 2009, 02:24:15 PM »
Just 1CCed MS. managed to no-bomb, no death shinki's second to last phase, but the phase before it cost me like 3 bombs and a life. (GODDAMNIT CHEETOS)
finished with a life and 2 bombs.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #897 on: December 29, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »
I just had a EoSD lunatic 2cc where, on the one hand, I...

-died twice on stage 2
-died twice to Patchouli's opener
-entered stage 5 0/0

...while on the other hand, I...

-captured Eternal Meek for the first time
-captured Remilia's first seven attacks except for her opener
-almost captured Scarlet Meister.

Seriously, the clock was at 9 seconds left when I died.  Maybe I should try playing EoSD with someone else then ReimuA sometimes. :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #898 on: December 29, 2009, 04:21:16 PM »
Beat IN Easy with Magic Team. Why do people call them bad? :<

« Reply #899 on: December 29, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »
Go try Lunatic now.

When you need to kill enemies quickly before they fill the screen with bullets, they are the worst for it. Tier list for Lunatic

Netherworld Team
Border Team
Youmu Solo
Scarlet Team
Magic Team

Anything else isn't worth playing.

Haven't gotten close on Lunatic Scarlet Meister and my capture of the Hard version was the first time I ever went against it probably due to low rank due to continue spamming.