Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163065 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #750 on: December 24, 2009, 09:23:27 AM »
Well...at least she doesn't give the illusion that I have any control over my movements. :V I made it to Aya before biting the dust. The game over shot is the perfect example of what I'm talking about: I get hit, I start charging a level 2 shot, then one of Aya's zooming special attacks hits me before I could possibly have shot it off. Fuck this gaaaaaaame. =_= If I feel up to it I'll actually do one more run with Reimu or Shiki and upload it so you can see what I'm doing that is not to your liking.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #751 on: December 24, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »
Well...at least she doesn't give the illusion that I have any control over my movements. :V I made it to Aya before biting the dust. The game over shot is the perfect example of what I'm talking about: I get hit, I start charging a level 2 shot, then one of Aya's zooming special attacks hits me before I could possibly have shot it off. Fuck this gaaaaaaame. =_= If I feel up to it I'll actually do one more run with Reimu or Shiki and upload it so you can see what I'm doing that is not to your liking.
...I have basically no problems controlling Cirno; I get hit when there are walls, not in simple dodging.  And once again, Aya is pretty much entirely streaming, so learn to watch her spawns.  Doesn't help when she streams you into a lolwall, but at least I usually don't get hit by her lightspeedmaku.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #752 on: December 24, 2009, 03:08:56 PM »
Scarlet Meister lunatic no focus capture!

This is the epitome of silliness.  :V
Surprisingly took less attempts than I thought it would take.

inb4
No, I won't do it as Marisa now.
Spoiler:
At least not now.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #753 on: December 24, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »
Scarlet Meister lunatic no focus capture!
Sweet Jesus, that's insane. How many attempts did that take? I might try this at some point
Spoiler:
if I ever manage to finish UFO
. :V
Let's fight.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #754 on: December 24, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »
Sweet Jesus, that's insane. How many attempts did that take? I might try this at some point
Spoiler:
if I ever manage to finish UFO
. :V

6 to 10... :V

*Jaimers flees*

Bananamatic

« Reply #755 on: December 24, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »
I might try this at some point if I ever manage to finish UFO and 1cc Hibachi. :V
fix'd.

theshirn

« Reply #756 on: December 24, 2009, 04:12:41 PM »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #757 on: December 24, 2009, 04:14:37 PM »
1cc Hibachi
But man, that last phase... ;_;
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #758 on: December 24, 2009, 04:20:56 PM »
A 2 death UFO lunatic 1cc?! When did this happen? o_o I think at that point it's more a matter of your skill than what shot type you use.
Homing works wonders on the stages 80% of the time~ The replay in question happened 1 day before I left on vacation  :V

And no, there wasn't that much "skill" involved (read: I thought I did pretty poorly). I could certainly link to more replays to demonstrate that "spread" is useful in UFO, but I think I'll pull a :effort: here. Yeah, I'm that lazy about it, clearly  :V
Spoiler:
I would probably point to my No Bombs 1cc attempt that I did about a month ago
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Bananamatic

« Reply #759 on: December 24, 2009, 04:47:51 PM »
But man, that last phase... ;_;
man up

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #760 on: December 24, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »
Holy fuckdamnshit did I just reach Shou with 7 lives on UFO Hard

I even did that final wave before the boss without getting hit! I lub you Raymoo Bee~

Mmkay, if I lose I'm going to hurt myself SO HARD.

[EDIT]After Shou, 5 lives no bombs. I can totally 1cc off of this if I'm not stupid. But, being nervous doesn't help at all D:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 05:48:24 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #761 on: December 24, 2009, 05:52:05 PM »
Butterfly Delusion Lunatic NoFocus MarisaA capture
"Perfect Cherry Blossom of Sumizome -Bloom-" No Focus MarisaA capture

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6580

The rest of the replay was me dicking around, such as on Yuyuko's opener where I just wanted to see the bullets that she shoots out when you get too close to her, or me grazing her foruth card for no reason, and then dying because I forgot to move.

Jaimers: Congrats!

Also might try timing PCB of Sumizone out no focus later, but that seems like it'll be up to luck more then anything.

Edit: Wait. I think I uploaded the wrong replay. brbchecking
K, I uploaded the right one
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 05:56:18 PM by MakaiSouvenirBooth »

« Reply #762 on: December 24, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »
5 lives should be enough. As long as you don't mess up and get killed a lot chaining UFOs the first time I made it to stage 6 like that.  Thankfully did things right the next time.

And I really suck at PCB. 4cc of Hard. Doesn't help that I really don't care for playing this one much. Much prefer IN, MoF, and SA. EoSD is more enjoyable as well. And a few of the PC98 ones too.

nintendonut888

« Reply #763 on: December 24, 2009, 06:04:34 PM »

Oh I don't even care about pretending to be angry. Good job Jaimers! Now hurry up and beat stage 6 no deaths. :yukkuri:

Homing works wonders on the stages 80% of the time~ The replay in question happened 1 day before I left on vacation  :V

And no, there wasn't that much "skill" involved (read: I thought I did pretty poorly). I could certainly link to more replays to demonstrate that "spread" is useful in UFO, but I think I'll pull a :effort: here. Yeah, I'm that lazy about it, clearly  :V
Spoiler:
I would probably point to my No Bombs 1cc attempt that I did about a month ago

But we must also point out that you are BaitySM and therefore an outlier. You can beat UFO lunatic with Marisa B, that alone should exclude you from why everyone else is having problems.

* Donut ignores the fact that he too is an outlier
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #764 on: December 24, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »
Cleared UFO Hard with 1 life left! I messed up St.Nikou's Air Scroll so bad you wouldn't believe (my memorized route went out the window), got nervous on her Butterfly, derped Magic Milky Way, did really bad on LFO despite often capping it with SanaeB in practice mode...

But, at least I capped her first 3 noncards, Devil's Recitation, and did some really nice dodges on the last phase of LFO after I ran out of bombs. Overall, this run has a LOT of insanely close dodges that I think with non-Reimu characters, would have killed me. And I'm one of those people who gets mad when people think Reimu's hitbox makes a difference :<

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6582

ALL HARD MODES 1CCED HELLS YEAH (Except HRtP, PoDD, and IaMP, but those don't count. D: I'm still trying to do them, at least.)

also lol timing out Nazrin's last spellcard since I can't do it on ReimuB and that is way easier
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #765 on: December 24, 2009, 06:07:19 PM »
Didn't notice the Hard. It was UFO Normal for me. I can't even touch SA and UFO Hard. Haven't beaten stage 4 on either with continues.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #766 on: December 24, 2009, 06:10:43 PM »
Didn't notice the Hard. It was UFO Normal for me. I can't even touch SA and UFO Hard. Haven't beaten stage 4 on either with continues.
SA Hard is very different from UFO Hard in that while UFO Hard has a decent deal of bullshit, SA doesn't have anything totally evil that it throws at you. Most of the risk is in clipdeaths. I realized this when, despite normally not getting to S5 Orin on SA Hard, suddenly I 1cc the game with 8 extra lives. Seriously, I was like ''wat"

nintendonut888

« Reply #767 on: December 24, 2009, 09:06:09 PM »
PCB extra no deaths with Reimu A. ;) It's so hard to imagine 2 years ago today I couldn't even get past Charming Siege...

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #768 on: December 24, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »
I HATE no-focus more than I hate no death, which I hate almost as much as perfecting.
PCB extra no deaths with Reimu A. ;)
~
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #769 on: December 24, 2009, 09:14:51 PM »
:[ Ran and me have a little history...I'd be ashamed if I couldn't beat her no deaths. EXCEPTIONS SAPZ, EXCEPTIONS! D=

Besides, once I pull it off once, it stops being an issue. Once you do it once, you have the achievement forever. After the first time, no deaths just means you played it well, and if you don't, then who cares? I suppose doing them all (And there's NONE LEFT) was beneficial in that sense.

theshirn

« Reply #770 on: December 24, 2009, 09:34:18 PM »
PoFV Komachi's Extra cleared.  I should've had Shikieiki's as well - got to Reimu with two lives in stock and close to a third - but I played horribly all three rounds and hit her first bullet on round 3.

« Reply #771 on: December 24, 2009, 10:10:48 PM »
PCB Extra No-Deaths - No Bombs. One border broken as i tried to graze for score but failed.

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:13:18 PM by Zengeku »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #772 on: December 24, 2009, 10:13:06 PM »
You're all making me want to play PCB Extra again, but I'm stuck on my mom's computer and don't have Touhou :'(

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #773 on: December 25, 2009, 05:26:05 AM »
Speaking of PCB, Stages 1, 2, 3, and 5 perfected with MarisaA on Easy.

Before you say anything, I consider this an accomplishment given the drastic design differences from later games. I'm not really fond of my hitbox being obscured by tons of bullets because the latter move on a layer closer to the front of the screen (hopefully I described that right), pretty much defeating the purpose of making your hitbox visible through focusing in the first place. Plus the 10-second timer sound is waaaaay too soft, and I can't raise or lower the SFX volume without turning it off completely. Everything else is fine, but what I mentioned above can screw me over like no other.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 05:27:57 AM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #774 on: December 25, 2009, 05:31:25 AM »
Further speaking of PCB, Extra clear for the first time! :D With ReimuA.
It was also my first capture of Shikigami「Chen」!

« Reply #775 on: December 25, 2009, 07:01:39 AM »
FINALLY.

Perfect PCB Stage 3 Lunatic with MarisaA. Holy christ I am so happy right now. Just in time for Christmas~

Jaimers' method of doing the last part of the stage is much easier and safer than mine, but I think mine is more fun~
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 07:07:35 AM by Serafie »

nintendonut888

« Reply #776 on: December 25, 2009, 07:11:40 AM »
Thanks for the inspiration Serafie. I didn't perfect stage 3 (messed up like usual on the post-midboss part), but I did perfect Alice! :D After my recording woes with Dodonpachi it feels nice to have this go right. With that, I've perfected every stage 3 boss on lunatic except for the FIVE MAGIC STONES, which I'm certain I could do if I took the time to put a savestate at that fight (and ignore the slowdown Next gives me).

theshirn

« Reply #777 on: December 25, 2009, 07:29:50 AM »
Thanks for the inspiration Serafie. I didn't perfect stage 3 (messed up like usual on the post-midboss part), but I did perfect Alice! :D After my recording woes with Dodonpachi it feels nice to have this go right. With that, I've perfected every stage 3 boss on lunatic except for the FIVE MAGIC STONES, which I'm certain I could do if I took the time to put a savestate at that fight (and ignore the slowdown Next gives me).
Green wave ASSADFSLDSDGIANSKASDA

Formless God

« Reply #778 on: December 25, 2009, 01:22:12 PM »
- Superhuman and LFO in the same run :V
- GRUDGE BOW !!!!!!

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #779 on: December 25, 2009, 01:44:59 PM »
YES
HELL YES
FINALLY
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

UFO LUNATIC 1CC!
NEVER. AGAIN.

...I'm still shaking from that. I went into Byakuren 3/2, didn't do that well on her for the most part, and went into LFO at 0/1. With ReimuB, having never gotten to LFO with ReimuB before. I ended up deathbombing with the card still at around 60% health on the teal phase, and somehow managed to sightread everything else.

Well, that's certainly a kickass Christmas present... and that makes all 9 standard Lunatics 1cc'd. Finally, I can get back to the fun stuff~
Let's fight.