Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163027 times)

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #660 on: December 20, 2009, 09:06:02 PM »
SA Stage 4 Hard, perfect up to BoWaP. This stage is starting to become real doable now - I wouldn't call myself consistent yet, but I honestly think I can become so if I keep playing it. BoWaP is gonna need some more work though.

safespot it
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #661 on: December 20, 2009, 09:09:01 PM »
You have to bomb to use the safespot, so if he's trying to perfect it... :V
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #662 on: December 20, 2009, 09:10:13 PM »

And I also believe that he said his definition of "perfect" included not trivializing anything.

« Reply #663 on: December 20, 2009, 09:18:49 PM »
BoWaP is static and easy after some practice anyway.  Safespotting isn't even worth it unless you're trying to milk it for graze.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #664 on: December 20, 2009, 09:24:58 PM »
Just scored my first BoWaP capture last run.

I think I've heard something about a safespot before, though I don't know where it is. The way I go about the card, there is a spot at the bottom just left of center that I use to get past some of the denser waves, but I can never really stay there for long.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

nintendonut888

« Reply #665 on: December 20, 2009, 09:33:09 PM »
The safespot is right in front of Satori, because there's a gap between Satori and where the bullets are spawned. But you have to use a bomb to position yourself in it unless you're REALLY quick.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #666 on: December 20, 2009, 11:46:08 PM »

ALL EXTRA CLEARED YAY.

I was really pleased with this run. I did perfect on EES until the 3rd part of the Bouncy Ball phase where he/she/it/Rika moves around everywhere and the balls with giant freaking hitboxes bigger then the sprite clipped me.

I died only once in the rest of the battle though, and I also had an awesome luckgarbage dodge after forgetting to misdirect those explosions in the phase after bouncy balls. Apparently, the explosions have small hitboxes, thats weird for SoEW  :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #667 on: December 20, 2009, 11:58:01 PM »
How do you even score in Extra? I can't get anywhere near the 8,000,000 extend.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #668 on: December 21, 2009, 12:04:46 AM »
How do you even score in Extra? I can't get anywhere near the 8,000,000 extend.
Most of the score will come from that part with all the purple batty things flying down with tons of point items falling as you kill them.

Now, you can get lots of items by move between the left and right sides of the screen with an arcing movement(BE NEAR THE TOP, so they are worth more points) to misdirect bullets and catch items. Do not hesitate to bomb. In fact, it can be profitable to be at 0 lives right as you reach this part so that you will have 3 bombs to use here, which means you should be able to get up to 4~5 extra lives. Or, if your really good at this part, you could be at 0 lives so you have 3 bombs, and then get 3~5 extends here, and suddenly you have lots of lives and more bombs then your supposed to.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #669 on: December 21, 2009, 03:35:23 AM »
I think I just figured out the secret to Ephermerality 137 at long last.

While playing stage 3 randomly:

Me: So, Ephermerality 137 always screws me over because of those bottommost familiars exploding late, right? But I can't keep up with them because I have to shoot Keine focused.

Who's to say I can't just shoot unfocused the whole time, take out the familiars and let my homing damage Keine?

Suddenly I capture it and I perfect Keine...or I would, had my overconfidence not made me slam into a random bullet on her opener. >_< It's still not easy since I'm not good at unfocused dodging, but to finally have a plan is good.

« Reply #670 on: December 21, 2009, 03:44:10 AM »
I think I just figured out the secret to Ephermerality 137 at long last.

While playing stage 3 randomly:

Me: So, Ephermerality 137 always screws me over because of those bottommost familiars exploding late, right? But I can't keep up with them because I have to shoot Keine focused.

Who's to say I can't just shoot unfocused the whole time, take out the familiars and let my homing damage Keine?

Suddenly I capture it and I perfect Keine...or I would, had my overconfidence not made me slam into a random bullet on her opener. >_< It's still not easy since I'm not good at unfocused dodging, but to finally have a plan is good.

You just figured that out??

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #671 on: December 21, 2009, 04:01:04 AM »
Just pulled off a random 3 death no focus run of Phantasm. Not exactly great, but considering 1. I was using ReimuA, 2. I died with 5 bombs in stock on BoHaY and 3 bombs in stock on BoLaD, and 3. it was half three in the morning when I did it, I think I might be able to manage no focus no deaths. I'll mess around with it some more tomorrow.

Spoiler:
By the way, Donut, this is your next step.
:V
Let's fight.

« Reply #672 on: December 21, 2009, 04:02:00 AM »
And for those of us that don't use border team?

ebarrett

« Reply #673 on: December 21, 2009, 04:03:53 AM »
And for those of us that don't use border team?

Border Team is the worst team for Ephemerality 137. Everyone else more or less obliterates it without effort.

nintendonut888

« Reply #674 on: December 21, 2009, 04:08:00 AM »
You just figured that out??

I'm slow, okay? :< Just because I'm good doesn't mean I'm smart.

By the way, Donut, this is your next step.

NO. >:< I HATE no-focus more than I hate no death, which I hate almost as much as perfecting.

* Donut kicks Sana before he goes on about love and peace

« Reply #675 on: December 21, 2009, 04:18:34 AM »
I wish I could consistently beat that card without bombing(or effort), but no matter how much I spell practice it, I still can't do it. Way too easy on Normal and Hard, but WTF on Lunatic for me.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #676 on: December 21, 2009, 04:22:26 AM »
NO. >:< I HATE no-focus more than I hate no death, which I hate almost as much as perfecting.
And of course, you hate no-deaths so much that you did all of them minus SoEW. I expect a no focus Extra clear or two from you within a week. :V
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #677 on: December 21, 2009, 04:28:09 AM »
And of course, you hate no-deaths so much that you did all of them minus SoEW. I expect a no focus Extra clear or two from you within a week. :V

Gck...gas;dlkagkljlk-

HEY HOW'S THAT UFO LUNATIC 1CC COMIN' ALONG?! >:D

orz

Spoiler:
Haven't you noticed that it's taken me 14 months from MoF extra no deaths until now? :<

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #678 on: December 21, 2009, 04:30:10 AM »
HEY HOW'S THAT UFO LUNATIC 1CC COMIN' ALONG?! >:D
It'll be done when it's done. 8)
Let's fight.

« Reply #679 on: December 21, 2009, 04:36:32 AM »
Does that include PoFV Extra no deaths?

Cause that would be pretty hard too.

ebarrett

« Reply #680 on: December 21, 2009, 05:29:08 AM »
PoFV Extra no deaths?

It's doable, I think, with Cirno and a lot of luck (massive freeze combo chaining). Will attempt it as soon as I'm finished with Shikieiki lunatic NFNV (the first time I wasn't bounced upwards EVERY SINGLE TIME on stages 7 and 8, I got to Reimu with a life to spare despite dying twice in stage 6 which is something that should not happen).

nintendonut888

« Reply #681 on: December 21, 2009, 05:51:02 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6535

IN stage 3 no deaths no bombs, at long last. I failed her last spell, but whatever, I still consider it a perfect.

Bananamatic

« Reply #682 on: December 21, 2009, 05:51:45 AM »
Border Team is the worst team for Ephemerality 137. Everyone else more or less obliterates it without effort.
Actually, Ephemerality is her easiest card on Lunatic with the Border Team.
It's not annoying laser clipshit like the rest

nintendonut888

« Reply #683 on: December 21, 2009, 06:10:32 AM »

Her second and fourth spell cards are static, and the third is just plain easy. Legend of Gensokyo seemed impossible for me too until I played around in spell practice and learned the route.

Bananamatic

« Reply #684 on: December 21, 2009, 06:13:42 AM »
Her second and fourth spell cards are static, and the third is just plain easy. Legend of Gensokyo seemed impossible for me too until I played around in spell practice and learned the route.
I know the route for Legend of Gensokyo.....but it's still AAAAAAAAAARGH CLIPDEATH TOO FAST BULLETS

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #685 on: December 21, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »
Trashed Gengetu and EXAlice again.  Fun times.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #686 on: December 21, 2009, 08:09:54 AM »
Finished off MoF extra by beating it with Marisa A. Not hard at all, I simply wasn't very inspired to do so. But seeing as how I'm cleaning up all sorts of accomplishments lately...

* Donut polishes off accomplishments list

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #687 on: December 21, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »

No, you dont :p
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Formless God

« Reply #688 on: December 21, 2009, 01:24:41 PM »
Timed out Double Spark and Shoot the Moon :V

« Reply #689 on: December 21, 2009, 02:46:29 PM »

Are you born on a mental hospital? All her other spellcards are trivial! This one actually requires dodging. Those lasers aren't really much of an issue. It isn't brilliant dragon bullet after all.