Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162591 times)

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #630 on: December 19, 2009, 07:40:24 AM »
IN Extra down, but I still have no clue how to beat Fujiyama Volcano and Hourai doll without bomb spamming. :V

Formless God

« Reply #631 on: December 19, 2009, 07:42:48 AM »
Hourai Doll is just circular/clockwise streaming while dodging the yellow waves. I suggest watching replays :V

Lopsidation

• Exploring the Twin Labyrinths
  • Be light of heart;
« Reply #632 on: December 19, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »
Concealed the Conclusion- Normal 1cc with a nigh-perfect Reimu fight (just 1 bomb on the last card).

On my first try. Blind.
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #633 on: December 19, 2009, 04:44:54 PM »
One week ago I was playing in normal
4 days ago in hard
And now that on lunatic

Well, Patchy suffer from the overpowered syndrome...
Was playing with UNL Reisen before, just testing Patchy skills on lunatic and it works !
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #634 on: December 19, 2009, 10:01:20 PM »
Not particularly impressive, but I cleared SA Stage 4 Hard within about 15-20 minutes of reaching it. This was also my first playing session on the stage since Thanksgiving. And also done after pulling an all-nighter for my last final (that I stupidly haven't slept off yet). I feel like I've slightly lost my touch for the game ever since picking up MoF, but at least I know smart bomb usage can help me out in certain places. I'll definitely be getting to work on this game over break. I want that Hard 1cc.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #635 on: December 19, 2009, 11:33:31 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6515

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Phantasm no deaths!

Shut UP Sapz this means nothing. NOTHING. X(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #636 on: December 19, 2009, 11:37:37 PM »
HRtP Normal 1cc, Makai Route.

Well, this isn't much different from Easy  :-\
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #637 on: December 20, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6515

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Phantasm no deaths!

I think the REAL accomplishment here is that you somehow managed to do Phantasm no deaths and only get 700 million points.

nintendonut888

« Reply #638 on: December 20, 2009, 12:10:13 AM »
I think the REAL accomplishment here is that you somehow managed to do Phantasm no deaths and only get 700 million points.

Lowscorerdonutzuka.png :3

To be fair, my strategy of blowing borders certainly helped that along, not to mention I purposefully didn't go to the PoC at all in the first half because it allowed me to get a small enough amount of cherry points to get a border on Ran. My high score is actually...

* Donut checks

711 million points.

>:D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #639 on: December 20, 2009, 12:15:11 AM »
lol, I tried phantasm for fun now too

4 deaths, 4 bombs
 ::)

Still better highscore than mine, 'nut. Mine was....699m or something.
Why don't you just perfect it? You should be better than Sapz :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #640 on: December 20, 2009, 02:05:22 AM »
You keep telling yourself that~ Which Extra are you going for next, then? :V
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #641 on: December 20, 2009, 02:08:44 AM »
Well, between SoEW and UFO...

I-I mean NO. NO. NONE. D:<

Bananamatic

« Reply #642 on: December 20, 2009, 02:09:31 AM »
Well, between SoEW and UFO...

I-I mean NO. NO. NONE. D:<
Are you doing UFO just with the 3 bombs you get or do you spam green UFOs? Because it's hilariously easy to no death with greens :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #643 on: December 20, 2009, 02:11:00 AM »
Why am I making so much more progress in SA than MoF? I've already landed a perfect stage portion of SA Stage 4 Hard after no more than an hour of practice.

The way I train, I tend to restart early when I die once or twice so I can try the section again and get used to it. Thus, I only got to Satori twice during my last session. And I captured "Double Black Death Butterfly" both times. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN -
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 02:12:48 AM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Drake

« Reply #644 on: December 20, 2009, 02:14:47 AM »
Because SA is more or less a really long EX stage. MoF is less so, but the bombs given more than make up for it. Solution is bomb more.

2CC of PCB Lunatic, coming ridiculously close to a 3CC on 80%, until I randomly got an extra life. That's already loads better than yesterday, when I died on Lily.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #645 on: December 20, 2009, 02:27:43 AM »
Are you doing UFO just with the 3 bombs you get or do you spam green UFOs? Because it's hilariously easy to no death with greens :V

I collect green UFOs, but the fact that Kogasa keeps killing me and frustrating me means I blow two bombs on her and then two on blue UFOs because god dammit and then something always happens and that's why I hate no death extra runs. -_-

Bananamatic

« Reply #646 on: December 20, 2009, 02:38:55 AM »
I collect green UFOs, but the fact that Kogasa keeps killing me and frustrating me means I blow two bombs on her and then two on blue UFOs because god dammit and then something always happens and that's why I hate no death extra runs. -_-
I am disappoint :V
If you are going to bomb Kogasa, bomb Typhoon and the other 2 should be way too easy for your skill level.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #647 on: December 20, 2009, 02:39:24 AM »
Because SA is more or less a really long EX stage. MoF is less so, but the bombs given more than make up for it. Solution is bomb more.
I did use some (read: a bunch of) bombs the last time I tried to go through MoF Stage 4. And I still humiliated myself unlike anything I'd ever done before in Touhou.

I think one reason I'm doing so much better in SA is because of its bullet designs. From what I've seen, SA focuses more on memorization and precise movements, which is more my style. MoF just has a lot more luck-based elements in some of its danmaku (i.e. any pellets or really small bullets the great fairies fire out in a circle, and precisely when some enemies shoot, if at all). Not all of it, of course, but enough to really throw me off my game at any time.

nintendonut888

« Reply #648 on: December 20, 2009, 02:45:59 AM »
I am disappoint :V
If you are going to bomb Kogasa, bomb Typhoon and the other 2 should be way too easy for your skill level.

Rain drops clipdeaths me way too often. The major problem with extra stages is the LENGTH. Screw up once and the last ten minutes have been a waste.

Bananamatic

« Reply #649 on: December 20, 2009, 03:01:34 AM »
Rain drops clipdeaths me way too often. The major problem with extra stages is the LENGTH. Screw up once and the last ten minutes have been a waste.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6521

Did a test run, this was the very first attempt.
Yeah, it isn't a no death, the green UFO was a dumb mistake and I couldn't care less about Grudge Bow as you can obviously 1 bomb it without any dangers. Had 6 bombs so I could have just bombed both and still bomb left and right for the lulz and end up without deaths.
Not to mention that I've screwed up a chain, so I would have 8 bombs on an ideal run, as I've screwed up the final streaming, meaning that you can bomb almost everything and still win easily.

Shows how MarisA rapes Red, Blue and Rainbow UFO.

Quote from: nintendonut888
If you're wondering how I death bomb so consistently, know that I've been playing for almost two years. If there's one thing I'm proud of, it's my death bomb reflex. ^_^
There, now you have no excuses to not no miss it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:06:09 AM by Bananamatic »

nintendonut888

« Reply #650 on: December 20, 2009, 04:54:56 AM »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #651 on: December 20, 2009, 05:28:03 AM »
ohboyohboyohboy

youknowwhatthismeansDonut

EES

NO DEATHS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #652 on: December 20, 2009, 05:57:24 AM »
ohboyohboyohboy

youknowwhatthismeansDonut

EES

NO DEATHS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

I KNEW you guys were going to say that. I KNEW I KNEW IT I KNEEEEEEW IIIIIIIIIIIT! ;_; You guys trying to inspire me to write a new chapter in my story or something?! SoEW extra no deaths be CRAYZEE. Ain't no way, ain't no how! Wiggety wiggety whack!

Formless God

« Reply #653 on: December 20, 2009, 07:10:36 AM »
UFO Normal 1cc with FOUR more lives than last time :V

REALLY stupid death at Kogasa's stage while trying to grab a red UFO >_>
The beginning of Stage 5 is um ... lol.
And I still did horribly at Star Maelstrom and Flying Fantastica >_>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #654 on: December 20, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »
Finally got around to clearing Mystical Chain on Normal.  Would have been a 1cc, but Alice died off the cliff on the secret boss's first phase, and Patchy couldn't handle everything on her own.

Oh, and Silent Selene is pure win in that game.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #655 on: December 20, 2009, 03:31:09 PM »
UNL Arcade Mode Lunatic no missed round.
Perfected last round against Suika (Royal Flared)

When I think that one week ago I was playing in normal....I think that Patchy is over powered
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Formless God

« Reply #656 on: December 20, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »
Whee~ Terrifying Hypnotism and Hell's Tokamak capture~
... and an epic BoWaP fail >_>

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #657 on: December 20, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
SA Stage 4 Hard, perfect up to BoWaP. This stage is starting to become real doable now - I wouldn't call myself consistent yet, but I honestly think I can become so if I keep playing it. BoWaP is gonna need some more work though.

Bananamatic

« Reply #658 on: December 20, 2009, 06:23:05 PM »
SA Stage 4 Hard, perfect up to BoWaP. This stage is starting to become real doable now - I wouldn't call myself consistent yet, but I honestly think I can become so if I keep playing it. BoWaP is gonna need some more work though.
IIRC on my first Hard 1cc I've died to BoWaP. Twice. With bombs left.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #659 on: December 20, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »
Managed to capture Gengetu's first timeout phase in an actual run.

Holy hell, that was some sick luck dodging.