Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162995 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #570 on: December 16, 2009, 05:48:06 AM »
Well, to be fair, you already had a shitton of experience in these kinds of games before you even touched UFO. Off course it's going to be somewhat easier if you already managed to 1cc the other games on lunatic.

Well yeah, but what bugs me is that when the game came out even most other lunatic players were complaining about it being too hard (this is starting to subside somewhat thankfully).

Anyways:

MS lunatic 1cc with Yuka at last. I could have potentially done much better if I didn't hose up stage 2 (surprisingly difficult without Mima to rip through enemies before they can fire anything) or die with full bombs in stock to Yuki and Mai, or die to cheeto lasers from the remaining lasers after the attack ended...>_< Because of all these ghastly mistakes I ain't uploading this run.

And as for the score...I was making a conscious effort to get points

[size=9]:D[/size]
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #571 on: December 16, 2009, 11:08:18 AM »
Finally got back to where I was before; EoSD and PCB Easy 1CCed with all shot types. (Gods, I hate PCB Sakuya.) Am now moving on to IaMP. (...I wonder if there's a Touhou Fire Emblem.)

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #572 on: December 16, 2009, 12:48:32 PM »
1 million item value just before fighting Yuyuko! And it clearly have much much room for improvement as I didn't even successfully supergraze any of bunched red bullets post Lily white!

Screw that, 1 million just after Youmu fight! The run is still in process, my nerves are trembling. 2.07 Billion Reimu B lunatic! I'm too excited!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:38:07 PM by Zetzumarshen »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #573 on: December 16, 2009, 02:38:48 PM »
AAAAGH
By request of Ruro, I capped all of Sikieiki's spells on StB. I failed so much times on the last three shots of Bar of the Ten Kings that I was considering giving up for a while. :(

Bananamatic

« Reply #574 on: December 16, 2009, 03:12:23 PM »
IN lunatic 1cc, ended 0/0, shitty run, not feeling like posting a replay

Formless God

« Reply #575 on: December 16, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »
Timed out Orin's Vengeful Cannibal's Spirit.

Timeout.

Orin.

:V

Then again it's her easiest spell card :(

« Reply #576 on: December 16, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »
just cleared UFO Extra for the first time.

That leaves only SoEW, LLS(without crappy T98-Next slowdown), MS(without crappy T98-Next slowdown), and SA Extras. And Shoot the Bullet, but I don't even have that one unlocked.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #577 on: December 16, 2009, 05:04:18 PM »
Well yeah, but what bugs me is that when the game came out even most other lunatic players were complaining about it being too hard (this is starting to subside somewhat thankfully).
It's just people complaining about the difficulty jump of Stages 2 and 3. Really. You get a breather for Stage 4 too.

:MS Lunatic 1cc:

And as for the score...I was making a conscious effort to get points
Yeah, Yuka's bomb does that. If you were truly going for score in MS
Spoiler:
you don't bomb at all
Did some theory last night. Without the games themselves to test it. I just realized that there is a very somewhat specific way for me to Perfect Stage 5 UFO Lunatic "consistently" ...and a way to do "Catwalk" with a lower chance of clipping yourself.

Of course, I need a tester.

* Baity points at a certain somebody
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #578 on: December 16, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
I've been playing MoF Stage 5 on Hard lately, mainly since I've been in the mood for its music.

MoF Stage 5 Hard perfect run.

Wait...what? Did that just happen?

I call it a semi-fluke at this point, as I had to get lucky on a few parts (stares at Sanae's opener). But learning the main stage was straightforward stuff, and I also scored my first ever capture of Sanae's first spellcard (I swear, those are the thickest lasers I've ever seen). Luck or not, I'll take it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:00:45 PM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #579 on: December 16, 2009, 06:10:26 PM »
AAAAGH
By request of Ruro, I capped all of Sikieiki's spells on StB. I failed so much times on the last three shots of Bar of the Ten Kings that I was considering giving up for a while. :(

Yay! =D

Shikieiki's so damn hard to beat. I maintain that combined with Komachi, stage 10 is easily the single hardest stage in StB. Well done!

nintendonut888

« Reply #580 on: December 16, 2009, 09:09:58 PM »

* Baity points at a certain somebody

D:

* Donut hides
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #581 on: December 16, 2009, 09:32:51 PM »

Did some theory last night. Without the games themselves to test it. I just realized that there is a very somewhat specific way for me to Perfect Stage 5 UFO Lunatic "consistently" ...and a way to do "Catwalk" with a lower chance of clipping yourself.

Hrm?
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #582 on: December 17, 2009, 02:08:33 AM »
I decided to play Perfect Cherry Blossom using SakuyaB for a change...

And somehow I 1cc it.
I mean, what is this I don't even

But that's four Normal clears under my belt now! Lotus Land Story, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Phantasmagoria of Flower View, and Perfect Cherry Blossom! Now if I could just stop failing on Mountain of Faith (both the game and the spell card)...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:14:13 AM by DuskTape »

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #583 on: December 17, 2009, 02:21:18 AM »
I was bored one day, so I decided to screw around with IN spell cards for the lulz.

No focus, no movement timeout of Vocal Sign "Howl of the Horned Owl".

(Oh wait, did Mystia get ⑨'d once again? o_O)

EDIT: Did...someone manage to accomplish this before I did?  Just curious...if he/she did, ah damn it all...but at least it's worth something...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:22:32 AM by Lord Scalgon »
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

nintendonut888

« Reply #584 on: December 17, 2009, 02:27:32 AM »
Did I just capture Scarlet Meister again?

Did I just capture Scarlet Meister ON CAMERA?

DID I JUST FUCK UP A PERFECT REMILIA FIGHT BY DYING TWICE ON SCARLET GENSOKYO?! DX

But whatever, that was a sweet capture, I'm totally uploading that. If the video comes out alright I'll think about doing this more often. Recording EoSD with Hypercam since it doesn't slow down the computer like Fraps does and doesn't cost a gigabyte per minute I mean.

« Reply #585 on: December 17, 2009, 02:38:44 AM »
That's not 100%. When I tried to time it out like that I got hit. I did get a capture like that, but that card is easy enough as is.

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #586 on: December 17, 2009, 02:43:39 AM »
If you're referring to my video, I'll admit - it's not really a guaranteed safe-spot...but it took me about 16 tries to time it out without getting hit.  Unlike bjw's Dragon Bullet timeout run...

On Easy and Normal, I can easily pull off the same tactic and time it out in one try (well, at least that's what happened to me), so it could possibly be a safe spot for those two difficulties.  In my opinion, the safe spot in those difficulties, really, is where you're positioning (as long as you're somewhere in the bottom center area).
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

nintendonut888

« Reply #587 on: December 17, 2009, 03:08:51 AM »
Wow, I can't believe it. After watching Phar's perfect UFO stage 6 run, I noticed his strategy for Byakuren's fourth non-spell and copied it. Holy crap this trivializes the whole attack and makes it so you can end it in about 20 seconds, I can't believe I never thought to stream the attack down at the beginning.

ebarrett

« Reply #588 on: December 17, 2009, 03:47:05 AM »

:V

« Reply #589 on: December 17, 2009, 03:52:15 AM »
SA Normal 1CC, and with it, every Windows Touhou game normal 1CCed.

nintendonut888

« Reply #590 on: December 17, 2009, 05:03:36 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsrQ6_tTKDU

Recording live seems to make me better at Touhou. o_O This is only the second time I've ever done this.

Formless God

« Reply #591 on: December 17, 2009, 05:58:18 AM »
Holy ... last 5 seconds of LFO's red wave was inhuman O_o

Must ... resist ... the urge ... to ... upload ...

nintendonut888

« Reply #592 on: December 17, 2009, 06:03:43 AM »

EoSD stage 6 no deaths. Three accomplishments recorded live all in the same day. I really don't know what to say. I'm just sad the magic can't happen on stage 4. Marisa A Patchouli on max rank is just impossible.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #593 on: December 17, 2009, 06:08:24 AM »
Fangame time.

Suck it, Splatterfaith. (ending spoilers I guess) I think I'll extract this picture and use it as a reaction image, too.

Formless God

« Reply #594 on: December 17, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »
Err ... rank ? :(

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #595 on: December 17, 2009, 06:38:49 AM »
I think capturing Sakuya's opener should count as an accomplishment.  That thing is brutal.  It makes VoWG look tame.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #596 on: December 17, 2009, 06:39:38 AM »
Err ... rank ? :(

Rank is an invisible number that exists in EoSD (as well as PCB to an almost negligible extent) that affects bullet speed and density.  It starts at 16, building to a max of 32 over time, and dropping by 16 every time you get hit.  Basically: if you don't die, it pisses everyone off and they want you dead even more (except Remi, who can't want you any more dead than she does by default, since her last cards are unaffected by rank).

So when Donut tries to do a no-death run of EoSD Stage 4 MarisaA, he's going up against not only the most difficult Patchy battle, but with Patchy's most difficult cards being even more mean than they normally would be, due to having not died up to that point.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #597 on: December 17, 2009, 06:42:11 AM »
I think capturing Sakuya's opener should count as an accomplishment.  That thing is brutal.  It makes VoWG look tame.

I just did that. I realized that I NEVER use stage practice, so I decided to do some lunatics.

Captured all but one of Sakuya's cards shockingly (ZA WARUDO!) but sucked really, really bad on the noncards.

« Reply #598 on: December 17, 2009, 06:54:31 AM »
If you deathbomb in EoSD, the game counts it as a Miss on the end-of-game screen, but does it affect rank?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #599 on: December 17, 2009, 06:56:14 AM »
And bombing doesn't affect rank?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson