Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162579 times)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #510 on: December 14, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »

Mystic Square perfect extra clear!

YEAAAHHHHH
Finally managed to pull it off.  :D
I'm changing my vote to Alice for my favourite extra boss. I love her fight to bits.
Uploading as we speak.
Next target: Gengetu :V

Also congrats Sapz!
I told you you could do it! o/

EDIT:
Well here it is!
Avatar changed for the occasion.  :V
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:58:25 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #511 on: December 14, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »
Other records are too high. Also MarisA is piercing.

Cute excuse there... well you should just stick to her then. That way, i won't come around and beat your score - being the douchebag that i am. :V

Also, yes the red UFO is trivial, but to my own embarassment, i have failed the card trying to end it quickly with forward shot characters.  :( As late as today as a matter of fact - had i just played well against Nue today Banana - I'd probably have your record beaten by 50 mil. I was playing as Marisa.

Also - I was recently close to perfecting Byakuren Hard. She is not that hard to me anymore.
But Devil Recitation or whatever - i hate that card. Not always but sometimes it just hits me with a laser or the arrowhead waves. I don't like that.

Bananamatic

« Reply #512 on: December 14, 2009, 04:17:39 PM »
Use MarisA :V
The red bullets are just macrododging for the first few waves then streaming.
Also, yes the red UFO is trivial, but to my own embarassment, i have failed the card trying to end it quickly with forward shot characters.  :( As late as today as a matter of fact - had i just played well against Nue today Banana - I'd probably have your record beaten by 50 mil. I was playing as Marisa.
What was your stage score and how many spellcards did you miss?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:19:49 PM by Bananamatic »

« Reply #513 on: December 14, 2009, 07:59:56 PM »
Use MarisA :V
The red bullets are just macrododging for the first few waves then streaming.What was your stage score and how many spellcards did you miss?

Well, Zengeku would like to admit that his earlier statement wasn't really calculated at all. I just took a wild guess. I think it was around 200M at the stage so i wouldn't be able to beat your 370M+ was it with an additional 50M. That was pretty far off actually. And ironically enough i game overed at Blue UFO. And i know how to tackle the red UFO - i just messed up is all.

I did capture all of Kogasa's stuff anyway. I usually restart if i don't. That can get annoying!

Bananamatic

« Reply #514 on: December 14, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »
Well, Zengeku would like to admit that his earlier statement wasn't really calculated at all. I just took a wild guess. I think it was around 200M at the stage so i wouldn't be able to beat your 370M+ was it with an additional 50M. That was pretty far off actually. And ironically enough i game overed at Blue UFO. And i know how to tackle the red UFO - i just messed up is all.

I did capture all of Kogasa's stuff anyway. I usually restart if i don't. That can get annoying!
I've ended with 180m or something before Nue....I always reset if I mess up Kogasa.

« Reply #515 on: December 14, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »
I've ended with 180m or something before Nue....I always reset if I mess up Kogasa.

Its annoying when that happens don't ya think? Also... what's your thoughts about the start of the stage? I find it really annoying with Marisa as i constantly am making an effort to shoot the enemies, pick up the items and avoid dying at the same time. Picking up all point items there should give about 2.5 M alone. SanaeB just trivializes that.

Btw. I just made it up to 402M. It was 401M before. And i "somehow" failed her first spellcard and more understandable Undefined Darkness (dumb spellcard). I think that i can with a little effort get to 450M.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #516 on: December 14, 2009, 09:02:27 PM »

Mystic Square perfect extra clear!

YEAAAHHHHH
Finally managed to pull it off.  :D
I'm changing my vote to Alice for my favourite extra boss. I love her fight to bits.
Uploading as we speak.
Next target: Gengetu :V

Also congrats Sapz!
I told you you could do it! o/

EDIT:
Well here it is!
Avatar changed for the occasion.  :V

brb seppuku. :'(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #517 on: December 14, 2009, 09:18:36 PM »
Its annoying when that happens don't ya think? Also... what's your thoughts about the start of the stage? I find it really annoying with Marisa as i constantly am making an effort to shoot the enemies, pick up the items and avoid dying at the same time. Picking up all point items there should give about 2.5 M alone. SanaeB just trivializes that.

Btw. I just made it up to 402M. It was 401M before. And i "somehow" failed her first spellcard and more understandable Undefined Darkness (dumb spellcard). I think that i can with a little effort get to 450M.
I don't pick the items, simple as that :V

« Reply #518 on: December 14, 2009, 09:32:48 PM »
I don't pick the items, simple as that :V

Oh well that sure makes it more managable! ;D

Also. I tried three attempts at VoWG timeouting just for the lulz. Two of them was 3-deaths and one of them was 8-deaths. 8... its times like that, that makes quitting Touhou an appealing thought! How could that happen!!!

Well, stuff like that doesn't belong here - this is for accomplishments! So ummm... timed out Sinkable Vortex Hard. Don't really know how much that is. It just came to me.

Bananamatic

« Reply #519 on: December 14, 2009, 09:46:29 PM »
oh lol
almost a perfect nue fight
0 bombs 1 death(grudge bow hurr)

SCORE THE UNSCORABLE
CAPTURE THE UNCAPTURABLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE HIGHSCORE

« Reply #520 on: December 14, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
That is good stuff Banana - i actually think you can seize the MoTk 1st place on the scoring board.

EDIT: Oh, you saw that already. Really, all the scores are pathetic. Not one above 300 million and my first clear is still around. I think i'll shoot for 2nd place then! Tomorrow. If Heartbeam sees this he'll take the spot though. ( i think...)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:53:20 PM by Zengeku »

Bananamatic

« Reply #521 on: December 14, 2009, 09:55:52 PM »
The thing is that the scores aren't updated - I've posted a 300m one, then Heartbeam responded with 370m, so I've got 372m, he got 380m and I'm now leading by 1m again.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #522 on: December 14, 2009, 10:09:36 PM »
Thanks Jaimers, and congrats yourself, that's pretty sweet. I think I'll have to attempt that seriously over the holidays... I've managed a 1 death 0 bomb run before, and I think you can guess which attack killed me. :V

At any rate, Phantasm perfect clear is now on YouTube~
Let's fight.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #523 on: December 14, 2009, 11:06:52 PM »
Let's
Play
Perfect
Cherry
Blossom
uploaded.

I did it a while back, before I 1cc'd Lunatic, so I do some really stupid stuff.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #524 on: December 14, 2009, 11:29:02 PM »
Just watching Stage 6 now and I'm loving the commentary.

"Wow, we're on the second loop of Eternal Truth and we're STILL not on Endless Obsession..."

Edit: And your "thinking out loud" after Sumizome Perfect Blossom matched my thought process *exactly* on my first playthrough.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:34:11 PM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #525 on: December 14, 2009, 11:37:28 PM »
Figured out how to trivialise Mugetsu's only difficult attack.
I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before.

nintendonut888

« Reply #526 on: December 15, 2009, 01:27:04 AM »

Hah...hah...

I told myself this would be the last time before I quit for the night. I'm glad I decided on one more run. Blegh...

Anyway, the REAL accomplishment is that low score. :V

As for copying Jaimers and trying to perfect, fat chance even if I did have the patience. I have determined that the first half of the stage is virtually impossible to beat without bombing if you use Yuka. On two attempts tonight I actually made it to the midboss, but I had to bomb anyway because the enemies simply do not stop firing until they are off the screen.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #527 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:14 AM »
Hah...hah...

I told myself this would be the last time before I quit for the night. I'm glad I decided on one more run. Blegh...

Anyway, the REAL accomplishment is that low score. :V

As for copying Jaimers and trying to perfect, fat chance even if I did have the patience. I have determined that the first half of the stage is virtually impossible to beat without bombing if you use Yuka. On two attempts tonight I actually made it to the midboss, but I had to bomb anyway because the enemies simply do not stop firing until they are off the screen.
Congrats! Now you're getting it. :P

It may not seem like it now, but if you can manage that, a perfect Extra or two might be soon to follow. :V
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2009, 01:41:19 AM »
Oh, I get it alright. Tonight reminded me very well why I NEVER do this. Only a combination of me getting very close last night and Jaimers' perfect run fueled me to do this. I still hate doing no death extra runs as much as ever.

That said, the only ones left are Evil Eye Sigma, Yukari, and Nue. I think we all know which one I wanna do the most! That's right, next goal is SoEW extra no deaths! 8D

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2009, 02:16:11 AM »
Check out what I did with the magic of 25% speed!

This is probably about the best I can manage at my current level, but it still feels nice. Plus, it's still alright for training myself with Seihou's super-fast bullets. Even at 25% speed, they're hard for an Easy-Normal player like myself to manage.

theshirn

« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2009, 02:24:25 AM »
That said, the only ones left are Evil Eye Sigma, Yukari, and Nue. I think we all know which one I wanna do the most! That's right, next goal is SoEW extra no deaths! 8D
You poor, poor bastard.  I'll go notify the asylum for you, aye?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #531 on: December 15, 2009, 02:26:33 AM »
You might as well go for a perfect clear. You get a crappy amount of bombs anyway.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2009, 02:36:55 AM »
You might as well go for a perfect clear. You get a crappy amount of bombs anyway.
1 bomb, to be exact. Half the reason this stage is hard, especially considering bombs hurt the boss.

Unless there is an instage drop I'm forgetting.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2009, 02:42:12 AM »
You poor, poor bastard.  I'll go notify the asylum for you, aye?

The sad thing? If it weren't for the stage there may have been a tone of seriousness in that post. One bomb for the whole stage is simply impossible. The only way to gain bombs is to either wait for the extremely rare random drop that you'll probably miss anyway or score whore on that one part of the stage and collect so many extra lives you get about two bombs extra because you max out on lives. That MIGHT be possible if I blow the single bomb I'm given on that section, but the whole thing is simply not something I want to do
Spoiler:
though it'd be great to get into the mood to continue writing my story

To make sure, I cleared the stage with Reimu C. She does a sick amount of damage and is probably the best choice for such an endeavor, but nothing close to a no death clear.

theshirn

« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2009, 02:47:33 AM »
So I've gotten better with the Netherworld Team, and I can get as far as I can with the Border Team!

...which just means I game over at Marisa.

« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2009, 02:50:31 AM »
What difficulty?

I get farther with Netherworld Team than Border Team now on Lunatic. I 1cc'd Normal and Hard with Border Team though.

theshirn

« Reply #536 on: December 15, 2009, 03:56:50 AM »
If it's not SA or UFO, it's almost certainly Lunatic.  But I don't see myself as a Lunatic-level player, because the only "hard" one I've beaten is Mystic Square.  MoF and PCB are just bomb-spam, LLS gives you a whole pile of resources, and SoEW is stupid anyway.  And I still have yet to beat SA or UFO even on Hard.

Formless God

« Reply #537 on: December 15, 2009, 05:25:57 AM »
Managed to channel Phar for a moment and captured both Scarlet Meister and Scarlet Gensokyo in the same run. It's too bad I didn't record it though.  :'(

And Phar has been playing for like ... 5 years :V

also how do you have more captures on Blue than on Red :V

I always capture that thing if the UFOs spawn from the upper-left side of Nue :V

ebarrett

« Reply #538 on: December 15, 2009, 06:57:26 AM »
Recorded a lunatic Rikako 1cc. Uploading during the week. One derptastic loss to Chiyuri and two losses to Yumemi.

The first round vs. Yumemi lasted 8 minutes  :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2009, 07:04:50 AM »
Ah ha ha, wow. Playing MS lunatic for the first time in a while (with Yuka no less), I died twice in stage 2 and kept playing. Somehow I made it all the way to snake bullets before continuing. I was on track to perfecting the stage portion of stage 4, but then some enemies came from below and slammed into me. D= It's so unfortunate...Yuka's such a fun shot type, but her slow speed makes dodging some attacks next to impossible on lunatic. :( Certainly makes the diagonal kunai bullets in stage 4 a breeze at least.

Also, I wouldn't bet my life on my Japanese skills, but I think I just translated part of Yuka's bad ending:

Yuka: Huh...? Why did I lose? ...Yes... Clearly this is your fault! (who am I talking to?).

Oh Yuka. <3 I got sassed by Yuka AND listened to Shinto Shrine for the first time in a while. Best failure run ever.