Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163018 times)

ebarrett

Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #480 on: December 12, 2009, 04:52:58 AM »

SoEW lunatic 1cc. This game is as easy as it is annoying. Thankfully it only took me three attempts. And in the first I continuespammed like crazy because I had only played it twice before, on normal mode, a long time ago, with each of these two runs being months apart from each other, and not very enlightening at all.

« Reply #481 on: December 12, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »
Captured "Resurrection Butterfly -30% Reflowering-", which is the only one of Yuyuko's cards that I've captured on Normal >>;

ebarrett

« Reply #482 on: December 13, 2009, 12:48:31 AM »

This took longer than it should. Ended 3/0 after never having made it past Gengetu Spark before.

edit: imageshack's "short link" for the image is http://yfrog.com/j3llsextrap  :o
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:56:35 AM by ebarrett »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #483 on: December 13, 2009, 01:09:00 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6431

I'm not sure where this belongs, but I suppose it's an accomplishment since it's the closest I've ever gotten and likely ever will (no death runs of extra stages aren't my style, perfect runs of anything above stage 3 is my poison). SA lunatic stage 6 no bombs one death. The fact that I didn't see a SUN BULLET coming at me until it was too late makes me unsatisfied with that death on Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction. :\

http://yfrog.com/j3llsextrap

See, the fact that Gengetu's in LLSextra makes the humorous coincidence even better.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #484 on: December 13, 2009, 03:43:39 AM »
HOLY FLIPPIN PENIS
I'M CONSISTENT ON GRUDGE BOW

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #485 on: December 13, 2009, 04:12:56 AM »
Scored two one-death/no-bomb runs on MoF Stage 4 Normal. How did I die both times? Clipped a bullet on "Illusionary Dominance" with 1 or 2 seconds left. Sounds rage-worthy, I know, but at the same time I'm getting more consistent on everything else, which of course is a good thing. If I can just get lucky on "Illusionary Dominance" and to some extent "Crossroads of Heaven", I could very well pull this off.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #486 on: December 13, 2009, 04:41:17 AM »
IN extra clear, my first extra! I even got Imperishable Shooting for the first time, though I died on the second wave because I didn't move down to the bottom.
Oh, I'd like to take this moment to point out how awesome Hourai Doll is. I used to hate it, but now it's probably one of my favorite spells ever.

Edit: I just realized that I finished with two lives left. I did a lot better than I thought, but I wasn't paying attention to anything besides the bullets, since I was shaking so much.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 04:43:24 AM by Azure »

ebarrett

« Reply #487 on: December 13, 2009, 12:29:29 PM »
Q: Do you know how does the AI dodge Yumemi's boss summon's aimed crosses?

A: NOT VERY WELL, LIKE, AT ALL

Seriously, it's almost as bad as Shikieiki's laser, only that it always spawns on top of their hitbox. The AI does try to run away most of the time, but it doesn't do it right and ends up squished between two crosses more than 90% of the time.

Also, new high score  :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #488 on: December 13, 2009, 01:51:57 PM »
Timeout on LftFD. When I viewed my replay, I made some "what the hell" dodging at some moments. Encoding video as we speak.

non HD
HD

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 02:59:41 PM by Helepolis »

Bananamatic

« Reply #489 on: December 13, 2009, 03:39:20 PM »

Everything captured except for Grudge Bow. Way to nervous to pull it off after a near perfect run. *shakes fist at Nue*

Formless God

« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »
... I have no idea how this happened.

Slash becomes loleasy after getting used to the Last Words. Blue has a higher capture count than I remembered. And Raindrops ? :V
I think I captured that thing three times in a row at the very bottom of the screen.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:33:54 PM by Formless God »

Bananamatic

« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »
lol you failed mysterious snake show

also how do you have more captures on Blue than on Red :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »
Yamato Torus captured with MarisaB (bug disabled via vsync, of course) unfocused. :V
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #493 on: December 14, 2009, 01:30:31 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6446

This thread reminded me that I never 1cc'd SA lunatic again after I got my new computer so I could throw away those nagging feelings of "what if it was because of the slowdown even though the slowdown was nothing but malicious?" So here you go, first time after successfully passing Kisume. :V It's a pretty sloppy run since I don't like SA that much, but the game thankfully has a large margin of error.

nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #494 on: December 14, 2009, 06:19:12 AM »
This thread moves pretty damn slow when I'm not around  :V

Anyway...

Mystical Chain All Clear with all Teams on Lunatic. I would say 1cc, but I messed up Alice's last Spell Card with that Last Phase. It seriously looks like there are no openings at all.

Now, back to my musings.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #495 on: December 14, 2009, 06:22:15 AM »
Can't wait until you come back. The only person I have to beat the snot out of my self-esteem at the moment is Jaimers. :(

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #496 on: December 14, 2009, 06:45:50 AM »
I APOLOGIZE FOR SUCKING THEN

ARE YOU HAPPY

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #497 on: December 14, 2009, 06:51:02 AM »
Mind you, I ( or perhaps more people ) am/are not a 24/7 Touhou attempter. I got other things to do in life you know :V

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #498 on: December 14, 2009, 07:19:49 AM »
Some people posted it on different thread...

« Reply #499 on: December 14, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »
lol you failed mysterious snake show

also how do you have more captures on Blue than on Red :V

Well, i have failed Mysterious Snake Show too. It just, you know, kinda happened. Also, congratulations on that Marisa run. I don't know why you insist on using her though. SanaeB is much superior. Also, Banana. When you are using MarisaA - Blue UFO's are easy.

EDIT:

Just went for a little testing. Using Marisa for extra seems completely ilogical to me! You'd need someone with some decent range! Well, that's up to you of course, but i prefer to play the stage as SanaeB because she kicks ass. No, she isn't overpowered. She's just right. And i really don't want handicaps for UFO Extra. :)

Oh and i seem to semi-consistently no-death Shou on Hard!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:26:23 AM by Zengeku »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #500 on: December 14, 2009, 11:46:22 AM »

Alright, let me put it in second gear then.  :V

Managed to channel Phar for a moment and captured both Scarlet Meister and Scarlet Gensokyo in the same run. It's too bad I didn't record it though.  :'(

Also managed to perfect EX Alice. Unfortunately I had an extremely derp dead on the stage goddamnit.
Should I upload the fight on youtube as a preview for the perfect extra stage?

Bananamatic

« Reply #501 on: December 14, 2009, 02:14:22 PM »
Well, i have failed Mysterious Snake Show too. It just, you know, kinda happened. Also, congratulations on that Marisa run. I don't know why you insist on using her though. SanaeB is much superior. Also, Banana. When you are using MarisaA - Blue UFO's are easy.

EDIT:

Just went for a little testing. Using Marisa for extra seems completely ilogical to me! You'd need someone with some decent range! Well, that's up to you of course, but i prefer to play the stage as SanaeB because she kicks ass. No, she isn't overpowered. She's just right. And i really don't want handicaps for UFO Extra. :)

Oh and i seem to semi-consistently no-death Shou on Hard!!
Other records are too high. Also MarisA is piercing.

I actually think that SanaeB is underpowered since I hate chars without a strong frontal shot.

Uhh.....also, Red UFO is trivial with ANY shottype. Blue isn't :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #502 on: December 14, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »
Phantasm perfect clear. No deaths, no bombs, no borders broken, and no safespots.

HELL YEAHHHH!

...That wasn't as difficult as I was expecting it to be. Does that make me the third person to do it? :V
At any rate, that's three Extra stages perfected. Koishi, you're next.

* Sapz cackles madly
Let's fight.

« Reply #503 on: December 14, 2009, 02:51:56 PM »
Just cleared Komachi's Extra in PoFV. Haven't tried it with Shikieiki yet, but I'm expecting it to be easier.

Bananamatic

« Reply #504 on: December 14, 2009, 02:54:14 PM »
Phantasm perfect clear. No deaths, no bombs, no borders broken, and no safespots.

HELL YEAHHHH!

...That wasn't as difficult as I was expecting it to be. Does that make me the third person to do it? :V

* Sapz cackles madly
Already done UFO? That shouldn't take longer than a few hours :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #505 on: December 14, 2009, 03:11:32 PM »
Can't wait until you come back. The only person I have to beat the snot out of my self-esteem at the moment is Jaimers. :(
PM spam me then. At least then I won't be able to lose track of threads for being inactive for a week or so  :V
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #506 on: December 14, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »

HELL YEAHHHH!

* Sapz cackles madly

That's awesome Sapz. Yukari's too daunting for me to even want to try beating no deaths, especially with Marisa's small amount of bombs.

...Oh yeah, I forgot. Yesterday while randomly fighting Alice I beat her no deaths, no bombs, one border broken on her opener. I seem to be getting "close to perfecting but not quite" a whole bunch of people lately. >_> Alice, Yuyuko, Kanako, Utsuho, EX Alice, Gengetu...I've beaten all of them with only one mistake.

PM spam me then. At least then I won't be able to lose track of threads for being inactive for a week or so  :V

'k! 8D

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #507 on: December 14, 2009, 03:33:01 PM »

HELL YEAHHHH!

* Sapz cackles madly

Way to not let that get in your way.  I would have promptly thrown my controller through a window and not touched the stage for another year after that (I believe it's been... 9 months since my failed Perfect SA Extra on Subterranean Rose, and about 9 months since I tried the stage).

Edit: Since it's been so long, I decided to try SA Extra again.  After reminding myself how to no-border the post-Sanae spam, I pulled a one-death on, of all things, Release of the Id (by the way, I'd entirely forgotten about Koishi's heart bullets when the "Difficult Bullets" thread came up).  If nothing else, failing that early gave me an excuse to capture Youkai Polygraph while doing a focus dance to Hartmann's Youkai Girl.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:00:35 PM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Bananamatic

« Reply #508 on: December 14, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »
I've near-perfected Nue a few times too - the biggest obstacle is the increasing nervousness.....takes a lot of practice and confidence to not ram the final cards out of sheer stupidity.

That means, do Nue unless you already have. She is eeeeeeeeasy :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #509 on: December 14, 2009, 04:07:21 PM »
That's awesome Sapz. Yukari's too daunting for me to even want to try beating no deaths, especially with Marisa's small amount of bombs.
Thanks~ She may not be as good as Reimu for no deaths, but she's probably the best for a perfect run, I think. Having said that, though, I think she's still one of the easier shot types to no death clear it with - the high attack really helps on things like DDB and BoLaD, plus there's the truckload of borders you get. :V
Way to not let that get in your way.  I would have promptly thrown my controller through a window and not touched the stage for another year after that (I believe it's been... 9 months since my failed Perfect SA Extra on Subterranean Rose, and about 9 months since I tried the stage).
Believe me, I was sorely tempted. But, y'know, it was so close... I couldn't let that rest.
I've near-perfected Nue a few times too - the biggest obstacle is the increasing nervousness.....takes a lot of practice and confidence to not ram the final cards out of sheer stupidity.

That means, do Nue unless you already have. She is eeeeeeeeasy :V
Nue is easy, it's the pre-Nue red bullet section that gets me. Having said that I've tried UFO Extra with someone who wasn't ReimuA all of maybe three or four times, so maybe I should look into that. :V
Let's fight.