Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163023 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #360 on: December 07, 2009, 07:31:45 AM »
Hey, Sodium?

Hey, Azinth?

GO TO HELL.

My internet borked halfway through and I thought I'd lost all my annotations; turns out they're still there, but I'm only halfway through.  I'll finish it later.

EDIT: Annotations are done.  Enjoy.  I'll be collecting your souls later on.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:00:33 AM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #361 on: December 07, 2009, 08:56:36 AM »
About a year ago, when I'd just begun to take my first baby steps down the path of danmaku, Veronica pulled a timeout of VoWG: an awe-inspiring feat that I never would have imagined I would be able to replicate.  Even half a year later, when I was a decently seasoned Lunatic, Kefit pulled the same accomplishment, which still seemed out of my reach.  Today, I honor their achievements by unleashing the miko within, and reenacting one of the greatest achievements of two of the greatest Western Touhou players to grace our community.

VoWG, No Death/No Bomb Timeout  History: x/283

(I swear, I'll never write such a cheesy post again.  This is simply the only way I can express the sense of "wtf did that just happen?" that I'm feeling right now.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:59:17 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

theshirn

« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2009, 09:00:08 AM »
Amazing.  My record is still at 5 deaths.  Well bloody done!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #363 on: December 07, 2009, 09:06:46 AM »
I think I'll actually play some Touhou over Winter break. You've inspired me, Krim.

No, not your VoWG timeout, but the fact that you made a cheesy post. I want to make a cheesy post too.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #364 on: December 07, 2009, 10:16:27 AM »
I'm gonna make a cheesy post now.

I'm not a touhou, or even a shmup, veteran. When I was young, I once beat the first loop of Super R-Type, but those skills have long abandoned me. Recently, I began a project, that would start small and build up - I'm not going to rest until I've beaten every Windows game, on every difficulty, with every shot type/character. (Sorry, PC98.) I got as far as nearing the end of PCB Easy before my computer imploded; I have had to start anew.

At first, I was upset. So much progress, lost forever. But time passed, and I cooled down, and I was able to accept my fate. Over yesterday and today - rather, yesterday and day before, now, it's 4AM as I type this - I rebeat EoSD Easy with all four shot types. And I thought I was done for now; I'd pick back up after I got some sleep.

I haven't gone to sleep just yet; I'm waiting on a download to finish. I figured I'd play a little PCB, refresh my memory of the earlier stages. So, I fired up PCB, set difficulty to Easy - yeah, I'm still new, but I'll catch up some day - picked ReimuA, and started.

I was half asleep. Sometimes, I had trouble focusing on the screen.

Somehow, this ended in what is the best run of Perfect Cherry Blossom I've had to date.

Sure, I can point at several spots in the replay and ask myself: What was I thinking? At the same time, I can also point to my first death - halfway through Stage 5, to the first fairies after midboss Youmu. I have never gone that far without a death before. And I can see some mistakes I made during the Yuyuko fight (including the second most retarded death of all the time I've spent playing - most retarded is still the time I bumped into Cirno during Icicle Fall -Easy-), but more importantly, I can point to one of them and say that won't happen again: I finally realized an easy way to do Repository of Hirokawa -False Soul-.

I finished with two lives and two bombs. Doesn't sound like much, but it's my best record to date.

And I was half-asleep at the time.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #365 on: December 07, 2009, 11:31:32 AM »
Double-post because this needs more than a mere edit. PCB LUNATIC 1CC! THAT'S RIGHT, LUNATIC! I believe that I started playing late June or early July... Let's say July. Which means I beat my first Lunatic within five months of playing~

wow congrats man! :D
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #366 on: December 07, 2009, 06:09:38 PM »
UFO perfect stage 3 lunatic.

Remember those times when people said this was the epitome of bullshit?
I do. Those were great times.

Also congrats Krim!
Someday I will be able to pull this off as well.

EDIT:
youtube'd and signature'd
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:50:26 PM by Jaimers »

Bananamatic

« Reply #367 on: December 07, 2009, 06:17:52 PM »
289m EX UFO with ReimuA.
Everything captured except for Blue UFO and Yorimasa Genzanmi.

« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2009, 08:08:48 PM »
I feel so inferior to you all. I've been playing since August 2008 (well over a year) and I've only been playing Hard Mode for about a month now. :C

Bananamatic

« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2009, 08:17:17 PM »
Looks like I can claim MarisA #1 highscore spot for UFO extra :V
Just one more captured card....I really want to break 300m :V

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #370 on: December 07, 2009, 08:21:14 PM »
I feel so inferior to you all. I've been playing since August 2008 (well over a year) and I've only been playing Hard Mode for about a month now. :C

play more, everyday :P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #371 on: December 07, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »
Oh, hello Bjw. Nice to see you again!!

Oh and, congrats Krim! You're the third western player then!!!

The accomplishment is awe-inspiring. In my attempts at it i have never gotten further than 3-deaths. Its not just being able to capture it. Its being able to keep up with the pace for two freakin' minutes...

Hat's off to you. (Especially considering that Veronica and Kefit had about 2-3 years of experience before pulling off their stunts irrc).

Then again, years of active playing doesn't seem to have much to say in most cases. Just look at that Jaimer guy. Talk about a fast-learner.

Then there is me, a slow-poke. Took me about six months before clearing IN extra very horribly! :V

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #372 on: December 07, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »
Whew, MS Hard 1cc. Got it on my first try in a while xD Well, considering I managed PCB Lunatic, I suppose MS Hard isn't that much, but dear god, Yumeko and Shinki are hard as hell @_@ Finished 0/0 in the end, I had maybe ONE death with bombs in stock =/

Also, Serafie, a good portion of how to get good at Touhou quickly is to have no life xP It took me about a week of LOTS of playing to go from barely 1ccing PCB Hard to doing the same with Lunatic. Of course, considering that I had a lot of time where I didn't play Touhou at all, it's especially surprising for me... I wonder what would have happened if I'd just continuously played Lunatic constantly to increase my skill? xP

EDIT: Remembering stuff wrongly, it only FELT like it was just a week. Turns out it was closer to three weeks <_<; Meh, whatever, still pretty good, especially since I didn't do the constant playing until I realized that I was coming pretty close to beating PCB Lunatic.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:54:06 PM by ShiningDrake »

« Reply #373 on: December 07, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »
Whew, MS Hard 1cc. Got it on my first try in a while xD Well, considering I managed PCB Lunatic, I suppose MS Hard isn't that much, but dear god, Yumeko and Shinki are hard as hell @_@ Finished 0/0 in the end, I had maybe ONE death with bombs in stock =/

WRONG. MS Hard is resource-draught. There is almost no lives in it and Yumeko and Shinki are merciless.

theshirn

« Reply #374 on: December 07, 2009, 09:05:17 PM »
Go for Lunatic!  I beat it before I beat PCB!

And someone get Sodium and Azinth in here so I can break their bodies and consume their souls.  Goddamn Shuuso Gyoku.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #375 on: December 07, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »
Also, Serafie, a good portion of how to get good at Touhou quickly is to have no life xP

Look at my spellcard history.  :V
This is the only shottype I use for extra.

And I have a life
Spoiler:
a bit
thank you very much.  :P
Also the reason I'm so fast is that I like to be a rebel and skip hard completely.  :V

« Reply #376 on: December 07, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »
Well the cold fact is just that some people get better faster than others. That's only natural. There are slow-pokes (the Zengeku class - seriously need someone else who is slow. Please admit it if you are being slow. I don't wanna be alone...) and the cheetahs (The Ghaleon, Krim, Jaimers etc. class)

Its not really a question of how much life people have... even though that Baity guy obviously doesn't have any of that 'life' quantity. :D

« Reply #377 on: December 07, 2009, 09:32:06 PM »
Well the cold fact is just that some people get better faster than others. That's only natural. There are slow-pokes (the Zengeku class - seriously need someone else who is slow. Please admit it if you are being slow. I don't wanna be alone...) and the cheetahs (The Ghaleon, Krim, Jaimers etc. class)

Its not really a question of how much life people have... even though that Baity guy obviously doesn't have any of that 'life' quantity. :D
I've been playing for 2 years now and the only hard I can 1cc is MoF and the only lunatic is PoFV (not counting fighters).

Then again, I don't play very much. :V

« Reply #378 on: December 07, 2009, 09:37:05 PM »

I'd be one of those slow ones. I haven't achieved a 1cc on any Normal mode except EoSD so far...but then again, I've only played EoSD, PCB, and IN out of the shmups.

Speaking of IN, I have successfully captured all Easy Mode spellcards. ...And then I decided to go on an Extra run just to see how I'd do, and fell to Mokou's third card. Pretty good for my current level, I think.

Bananamatic

« Reply #379 on: December 07, 2009, 09:57:32 PM »
Not even 6 months, all windows hard and 1 lunatic done....guess I'm somewhere in the middle.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #380 on: December 07, 2009, 10:00:54 PM »
Not even 6 months, all windows hard and 1 lunatic done....guess I'm somewhere in the middle.

That, minus SA and UFO's hard. Also have all extras done. ;D

Bananamatic

« Reply #381 on: December 07, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »
Just captured the Nue's dark cloud card(forgot the name) just by moving down :V

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #382 on: December 07, 2009, 10:25:04 PM »

...All hards? Does that include SA and UFO? O_o

Bananamatic

« Reply #383 on: December 07, 2009, 10:27:07 PM »
...All hards? Does that include SA and UFO? O_o
Yeah....more than skill it's playing way too much.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #384 on: December 07, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »
theshim: I usually score whore for absolutely no reason, so the midboss' first phase second part is usually hell for me. Also, for Marisa's last phase, you can kill the clone before it shoots if you shotgun it(it always goes to the middle after going to the side), although it's pretty tricky to do.

Krim: Nice. Congrats on being the third to do that.

...I'll get back to trying to do what you just did after I beat the crap out of either Reimu or VIVIT.

Bananamatic

« Reply #385 on: December 07, 2009, 10:51:42 PM »
Watched Heartbeam's replay where he had 370m even though he missed a ton of cards(including the snake one :V) and copied one movement which gave me 14m extra points.

Failed only Blue UFO and Yorimasa Genzanmi(so close yet again....like 2 seconds), rest was captured.

I'll get you one day. All of you spellcards.

« Reply #386 on: December 07, 2009, 11:17:08 PM »

That's still pretty fast. I guess people's mentality about things are important factors as well. For an eternity, i played easy mode and normal mode with slow-mo and was having fun with that. Watched some vids on Youtube with extra clears and that stuff. Obviously those guys were japanese! Because that's what every good shmup player is...

Then suddenly i figure out that i stand a chance at IN Extra and clear it. Then i go forever with random normal mode playing, clearing an extra stage every now and then. Then i sloooooooooooowly move up to hard mode and yeah, the rest is history.

I guess my biggest problem might be lack of confidence and patience. I'd usually go attempt something. Try very little at it and then decide that i'm not ready for it yet. I hate that.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #387 on: December 07, 2009, 11:38:36 PM »
Phantom of the grand Guignol captured. Only about 4 more last words to go :D

Bananamatic

« Reply #388 on: December 07, 2009, 11:39:58 PM »
Phantom of the grand Guignol captured. Only about 4 more last words to go :D
Gave up on Yukari's myself. Getting hit by a barbed wire bat in the face is less painful than that.

« Reply #389 on: December 07, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »
Finally got a score of 200m+ on EoSD extra.
Also notable for me having 666 graze the second of Maze of Love starts.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.