Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162586 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #330 on: December 05, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6294

In contrast to my failed no deaths EoSD extra run, it's nice to go in with the intent to do something, and DO IT. Mokou's rings of doom captured for the first time. Other highlights of this run include:

Running into Keine after Returning-Bridge Ichijo because the time points obscured her. :V

Capturing Flying Phoenix after screwing up. The dodge I made was more miraculous than the rings of doom capture.

Pulling off a perfect death-bomb with Alice. I always feel like I one-upped the game whenever I do this.

Also, I suicided against Imperishable Shooting to try and synch with the music, but I failed. :(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2009, 12:11:08 AM »
Every character 1cced in PoFV Easy/Normal/Hard. God that took forever.

Last one was Komachi Hard, and it ended epicly. Too bad THE REPLAY DIDN'T SAVE RAAAAGE, its a nice score...

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:04 AM »
Oh hey, speaking of Mokou's rings of doom, here's a timeout of it without using bombs.

Off course I died a few times. What are you, crazy?  :V

Also includes the most shamefull way to fail Imperishable Shooting ever.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:27:02 AM by Jaimers »

nintendonut888

« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2009, 03:35:20 AM »
Whew, that was a close call. SA extra cleared with Marisa B. After being knocked down to no lives by Super-Ego I became very careful with my movements and death bombed Rorschach I think three times, captured PINGAS at zero power, and did the most ballsy clear of Genetics ever, where Koishi was only a few pixels away from contact killing me and I was inside the genetic pattern, and in the end I won with a life to spare.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2009, 03:37:37 AM »
Are you really donut? :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2009, 03:41:45 AM »
Are you really donut? :V

I am the dere-est of Donuts, fo sho'. o> Why do you ask?

Bananamatic

« Reply #336 on: December 06, 2009, 03:44:45 AM »
and in the end I won with a life to spare.
Quote from: real donut
I perfected that shit on my first attempt

nintendonut888

« Reply #337 on: December 06, 2009, 03:47:29 AM »
But Marisa B is a really bad shot type. :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #338 on: December 06, 2009, 03:51:14 AM »
But Marisa B is a really bad shot type. :V
GODDAMNIT
somebody tried to told me "zomg shes useful she has shotgun and stuff"
game over on Yuugi
on Normal
WHEN I ALREADY 1CC'D HARD

How does Wood shotgun work vs phalli anyways?

nintendonut888

« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2009, 03:53:39 AM »
GODDAMNIT
game over on Yuugi
on Normal

captured PINGAS at zero power

Bananamatic

« Reply #340 on: December 06, 2009, 03:55:20 AM »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #341 on: December 06, 2009, 03:56:33 AM »
GODDAMNIT
game over on Yuugi
on Normal

You have to risk bodyslamming or use a bomb to do Wood shotgun in my experience.

Her Water shot is good for spread damage, and if you don't want to try anything else she's still fairly nice for that. IMO if you only use Fire and Water though you should just switch to MarisaA, focused she still does better damage then Patch Fire (I think) with all the spread of Water.

SA is a game of sucky/gimmicky shot types anyway, anything other then ReimuA will probably just make things harder
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #342 on: December 06, 2009, 03:57:31 AM »
It's not like MarisaB is hard to use. She probably gets SA Normal even easier than ReimuA does. I've gotten close to 1ccing with all of them except for MarisaC which is the one that sucks, but I always make like 4 or 5 stupid deaths earlier in which cost me the 1cc.

nintendonut888

« Reply #343 on: December 06, 2009, 04:03:23 AM »
If you can 1cc PCB lunatic, you can 1cc SA normal with Marisa B. >_>

There's only one thing keeping Marisa B from being decent, and that's the fact that none of her practical shot types do shit for damage. Well, and the fact that unless you planned it, your bomb will do zero damage to the boss and only clears the bullets in a small area around you. Well, and the fact that Marisa's hitbox is particularly crippling in SA. Well, and the fact that - yeah, you get the idea.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #344 on: December 06, 2009, 04:18:05 AM »

There's only one thing keeping Marisa B from being decent, and that's the fact that none of her practical shot types do shit for damage. Well, and the fact that unless you planned it, your bomb will do zero damage to the boss and only clears the bullets in a small area around you. Well, and the fact that Marisa's hitbox is particularly crippling in SA. Well, and the fact that - yeah, you get the idea.
She's basically only good if your pro at using her different shot elements effectively. Even then, a homing shot type would be preferred, which brings up the other reason she's okay; most of SA's shot types have huge glaring flaws.

MarisaC is a forward focus shot with bad damage and worse range then the actual forward focus shot type, and a bomb that deals nearly no damage.

MarisaA has reverse focus syndrome, although her shot type is excellent if you can get past that (Her bombs are not weak though, people. With 2 bombs she can deal more damage then many of the games bombs for the same power expense)
*I actually made her just sound really nice, but she isn't as great as I may have just implied. Reverse focus syndrome REALLY sucks.

ReimuC has annoying moving options, and they actually deal pretty sucky damage without the base shot. Her bomb is excellent though which makes her popular.

ReimuB is a homing shot type with terrible homing capabilities. Her bomb will often suck ass. Her support ability would be useful if life gaining was like PCB/IN, but it isn't.

ReimuA for some absurd reason does a HUGE amount more damage then the other characters, has a great bomb, and a support ability that trivializes some parts of the game. What the hell, ZUN.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 04:20:41 AM by NeoSerela »

« Reply #345 on: December 06, 2009, 04:28:39 AM »
ReimuA for some absurd reason does a HUGE amount more damage then the other characters, has a great bomb, and a support ability that trivializes some parts of the game. What the hell, ZUN.

Well... it's Yukari, after all..

I find MarisaC pretty good.. I mean, she has the second strongest long-ranged shot..

The problem is that she's not good with moving targets..

« Reply #346 on: December 06, 2009, 04:37:14 AM »
MarisaB is one of my favorite shottypes ever :V

I've always seen MarisaC as the worst shottype in SA because she is literally just ReimuA except worse. Both are forward-shot types, only Reimu is stronger and her bullets fly faster (usually doesn't matter much, but MarisaC bullets are slow); both bombs clear the screen, only Reimu's clears regardless of what you do and lets you graze the whole time while Marisa's requires you to ram a bullet, otherwise you wasted .50 power. Then there's Marisa's faster speed and fatbox compared to Reimu's precise control and tiny hitbox...yeah. Even ReimuB at least has homing (sorta) and the auto-collect is useful if you're not in the habit of supergrazing or can't get to the PoC.

Although I really do like Marisa's speed tbh, regardless of how many times I've died because of it, her speed is just fun :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #347 on: December 06, 2009, 04:40:03 AM »
Although I really do like Marisa's speed tbh, regardless of how many times I've died because of it, her speed is just fun :V
Focus speed is the same, unfocus is .5 of a frame faster (its somewhere between 4.5~5.5, don't remember). So Marisa actually isn't any more dangerous to use compared to Reimu, except I guess the fact that her hitbox is like 1 pixel bigger.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #348 on: December 06, 2009, 04:55:25 AM »
One down, 10 to go:yukkuri:

Finished with 4 lives, 1 bomb.

Congratulations man!

If only I could do Yuyuko as well as you... That was pretty good!
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2009, 05:24:10 AM »
Abusing Byakuren's second and fourth noncards is fun ignore everything else

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6299

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2009, 07:47:46 AM »
Couple of friends have forced me to play Umineko, which I don't really have any desire to, and they're dead set about it. I've also been hopelessly trying to clear IN Extra since months ago and have put it on hiatus since the last few days due to schoolwork. So I decided to screw it, and said

<Nwbi> lol okay
<Nwbi> But only after I beat IN Extra Stage. =D

Guess what happened?

IN Extra Clear

In one try. God, why did you do this. >_>

« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2009, 01:14:49 PM »
One down, 10 to go:yukkuri:

Finished with 4 lives, 1 bomb.

Congratulations with that :) Finished with more lives than i did. I ended my run with just two lives remaining and i lost about 4 lives to Yuyuko. I should go improve that run sometime.

Formless God

« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2009, 01:26:41 PM »
This skill down is worse than I thought.

Oh well ... it's a 1cc anyway :V

« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »
IN Extra Clear

Off to play Umineko with you!!

Its frightening how much you suck suddenly when your character sucks. My PCB Lunatic 1cc went better than this SA Normal 1cc with MarisaB.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6307 (Caution: It is recommended for everyone not to watch this replay. It sucks.)

EDIT: I almost got Shou perfected on Hard mode. I unfortunatly died to her final card. Aww...
I also got a similar experience with Kogasa. I thought that i'd perfect her using a character that doesn't trivialize her first spellcard.

Damn you Kogasa for having such an unfair spell. :( Still a pretty sweet girl though...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 04:45:09 PM by Zengeku »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2009, 08:47:48 PM »
SA Stage 5 Normal perfect run.

No bombs/deaths and nothing that could potentially trivialize any part of the level - that means no teleporting, intentional time-outs/stalling, or going pacifist at all.

I need to not play this level again for a while.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »
PCB Lunatic Stage 5 No-Deaths. I almost captured Hell God Sword too. Its not even like i got an impossible wave or something. I could easily have managed it but screwed up nevertheless. Meh... still got it no-deaths though.

SA Stage 5 Normal perfect run.

No bombs/deaths and nothing that could potentially trivialize any part of the level - that means no teleporting, intentional time-outs/stalling, or going pacifist at all.

I need to not play this level again for a while.

Hope you are happy about it. That stage can be tough even at Normal if you are not gapping. Maybe because i haven't put a single bit of effort into perfecting anything between mid-boss Orin and boss Orin.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #356 on: December 07, 2009, 12:14:19 AM »
Whoa, my skill level has gone up a LONG way extremely quickly. I just 1cc'd PCB Hard again, this time being almost completely effortless. Even with an INSANE number of stupid deaths, (Chen and Alice gave me one each, might have been two on Alice instead of one, not sure, and about six to Youmu I think...) I cleared it with a life to spare.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #357 on: December 07, 2009, 01:59:02 AM »
Double-post because this needs more than a mere edit. PCB LUNATIC 1CC! THAT'S RIGHT, LUNATIC! I believe that I started playing late June or early July... Let's say July. Which means I beat my first Lunatic within five months of playing~

nintendonut888

« Reply #358 on: December 07, 2009, 02:08:17 AM »
People get so good so quickly these days...good job.

:(

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #359 on: December 07, 2009, 02:42:34 AM »
People get so good so quickly these days...good job.

:(
I've been playing for a year and I just beat EoSD Hard a few days ago.

orz