Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162589 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2009, 10:51:46 PM »
Yes, but HrTP, SoEW, PoDD, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF and SA gives you all your resources automatically. You don't have to work for them.
I dunno, the last few extends in each of those games can be pretty hard to get if you don't work for them, and in the case of SA, if you don't do well on cards/noncards the game basically punishes you for it by giving you less lives.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2009, 12:17:54 AM »
Zengeku: You don't have to work for those resources, despite, you know, them being given after a certain amount of point/point items, or not dying at bosses, which takes effort?

Basically, UFO gives you the most resources in any game at the cost of having to MEMORIZE STAGES.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2009, 02:31:16 AM »
:< When will it be my turn to have a waifu?
You called?

At a second glance, MoF / SA gives you more "resources" overall  :V
Whatever it is, I'm off to see if I can No Death UFO Lunatic now.

LLS Stage 4A is uploading. Please wait warmly.

Also, taking bets as to how much my skill will "decrease" (or increase) after going on holidays for 5 weeks. Results will be in... January.

Oh, I forgot. Congrats Krim.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2009, 02:58:15 AM »
Oh my god Relm is sketching

UNL Hard 1cc with Sanae and Cirno. I have decided that Sanae's 2C is god in Story mode, and that "Fantasy Seal -Blink-" should be defeated by flailing bullets around in the air while Reimu commits physic-defying movements that smashes her into every single bullet onscreen, YEAH

Meiling next. God I hate Patchy's first spellcard bleh
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2009, 03:10:26 AM »
Screw it.

2 Death UFO Lunatic 1cc.

Crap run, etc.
<>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2009, 03:12:58 AM »
Screw it.

2 Death UFO Lunatic 1cc.

Crap run, etc.
ASDFGASDFAGSHDKJHKSJDFHLASKDJ;.KLAHIAHSL.KDFNA,.SNDLIASHYDLKASNH,DJBKLASHD;ALSJDLKANH,

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2009, 03:13:25 AM »
ASDFGASDFAGSHDKJHKSJDFHLASKDJ;.KLAHIAHSL.KDFNA,.SNDLIASHYDLKASNH,DJBKLASHD;ALSJDLKANH,
AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

EDIT: No, really, it's a pretty terrible run. "Optimally", I could've made it 1 Death.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 03:26:20 AM by Baity »
<>

theshirn

« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2009, 03:20:24 AM »
AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH
...well played, sir.

Also, I should memorize that one; it had some pretty good rage noises in it. :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2009, 03:40:35 AM »
LLS S4A is up.

Also, watching Krim's replay made me wonder how he 1cc'd. Stage 5 = wtf performance.
<>

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2009, 03:47:05 AM »
1cc MoF!
Hooray!
...on easy.
BUT STILL THAT MEANS NOT GETTING TOTALLY RAPED BY KANAKO'S LAST TWO CARDS
HOORAY!

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2009, 03:59:18 AM »
LLS Extra clear~ That's three now.

theshirn

« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2009, 04:30:11 AM »
LLS Extra clear~ That's three now.
Good job!  Go do SoEW now.

:V

theshirn

« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2009, 06:59:13 AM »

FIVE.

This also means I never have to touch this game again.

« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2009, 09:24:58 AM »
I dunno, the last few extends in each of those games can be pretty hard to get if you don't work for them, and in the case of SA, if you don't do well on cards/noncards the game basically punishes you for it by giving you less lives.

Not for me. And in SA you have to die 5 times on 5 different attacks in order to lose 1 life.

Zengeku: You don't have to work for those resources, despite, you know, them being given after a certain amount of point/point items, or not dying at bosses, which takes effort?

Basically, UFO gives you the most resources in any game at the cost of having to MEMORIZE STAGES.

Spawning UFO's and doing it right can be a huge source of frustration to me for reasons stated earlier. It adds even more difficulty in addition to Hard which is already difficult enough as it is.

Memorization is out of the question for me. I absolutely hate it. And no, going to PoC whenever the coast is clear doesn't take effort.

Formless God

« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2009, 09:46:49 AM »
Yay Relm.

Byakuren Lunatic 4 deaths. Best run of me so far :V. Too bad I screwed up LFO pretty badly.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »
So I just tried a quick run of SA Hard, touching my th keyboard for the first time since monday last week.

made all the way to Satori without dying once!

of course I managed to screw up, died 4 times to her, then 3 times in stage 5, rached Orin with 0 lives and game overed on her opener.

the thing is, I had never made that far without dying, and I didn't even try hard! but after the initial shock, i got really careless, i can 2 bomb satori most of the time (double black butterfly and bowap).
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2009, 06:09:40 PM »
Just cleared another game on Hard.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6184

I still hate Kanako and her last spell though.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »
Cleared MoF extra for the 2nd time, and to my surprise captured the last card (my 2nd attempt ever :O) I fuckin' died at the last 4 seconds of her 2nd-to-last card by bullets spawning on top of me, I could have anticipated it but I didn't so I died ._.

« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2009, 07:24:45 PM »
On a whim I decided to play MS Extra. Somehow got halfway through Alice's battle! I probably could have made it farther but I always die on those dots at the end. I don't know how to dodge those )=

That attack where she throws crystals at you from all sides is really damn fun :V

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2009, 12:28:11 AM »
PCB Lunatic Alice one death battle. Which I'd say is pretty good considering that I'm not really even a Lunatic player... Then again, PCB is apparently pretty freaking easy. Now, if only my computer would stop being mean and actually register deathbombs more often WHEN I KNOW I HIT THAT BOMB KEY BEFORE I EVEN GOT HIT! Ironically, it seems to work more often when I hear the death sound before hitting it than hitting the bomb key before I actually get hit <_< I do so hate my computer...

« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2009, 12:34:43 AM »
Finally unlocked UFO Extra Stage. Third time I 1cc'd Normal. First time I was in a hurry and quit right after beating Byakuren, and second time the save was on my USB key and I messed up by copying the old file over the new  :(
This one was ugly, died with bombs in stock all the time, and died to Murasa's first spell. The one I can capture with no effort whatsoever. For some reason, I find Byakuren's last spell to be her easiest, and easier than every non-spell except her first.

Tried the Extra Stage, and it just looks like random crap. Not fun. I'm not in the mood to memorize a whole stage right now.

I've barely played Touhou since September, but at least my skill level didn't drop too much.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2009, 03:17:58 AM »
Tried the Extra Stage, and it just looks like random crap.

You're pretty much dead-on there :V

« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2009, 03:59:14 AM »
Not for me. And in SA you have to die 5 times on 5 different attacks in order to lose 1 life.
Actually, you only have to miss one to miss a life, because 4 life shards gives you absolutely nothing as far as the game is concerned (trust me, I've lost count of boss fights I've lost because I was just one shard short of another life, one which I'd have gotten if I hadn't screwed up somewhere before).

And no, going to PoC whenever the coast is clear doesn't take effort.
Please show me good occasions in places like stage 3 IN where you can go above the PoC to collect enough powerups for another extend before the boss, because the windows for doing that stages like that are few and far-between.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:00:45 AM by AlexX »

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2009, 04:04:04 AM »
Please show me good occasions in places like stage 3 IN where you can go above the PoC to collect enough powerups for another extend before the boss, because the windows for doing that stages like that are few and far-between.

You don't have to PoC all the time during stage portions of IN though.  As long as you have 1100 point items by the end of the game, you'll get all the lives.  This isn't very difficult because stage 6 throws over 300 of them at you, and they are all easy to collect.

« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2009, 04:06:09 AM »
You don't have to PoC all the time during stage portions of IN though.  As long as you have 1100 point items by the end of the game, you'll get all the lives.  This isn't very difficult because stage 6 throws over 300 of them at you, and they are all easy to collect.
Didn't help when I first started playing touhou since Kiene and Marisa were the bane of my existence because they kept eating up all my lives. On EASY.

Come to think of it, that probably qualifies as some sort of accomplishment, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:16:46 AM by AlexX »

AweStriker Nova

• Star Sign "Thunder Constellation"
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2009, 05:35:17 AM »
Wierd but true:

So it's my second time playing EoSD (or, in fact, any Touhou). I was using Normal, Marisa B, and beat the game using only ONE continue.

Since then, I have gotten worse.

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
Just beat phantasm woo go me.
Is it just me or are some of yukari's cards EASIER than Ran's versions of them?

Bananamatic

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
Just beat phantasm woo go me.
Is it just me or are some of yukari's cards EASIER than Ran's versions of them?
Easier than Charming Siege and the survival, yeah :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »
Okay, what the hell? I just tried a UFO Lunatic run.

Stage 2, 2 deaths, once with 2 bombs in stock.
Stage 3, 2 deaths, once with 2 bombs in stock.
Stage 4, SIX DEATHS, TWICE with two bombs in stock.
Stage 5, two deaths, once with two bombs in stock (because I for some reason decided to try and capture Radiant Treasure Gun hurrrr).

And yet, after that terrible, terrible run, I still made it to stage 6. How the Christ did that happen?

...This might be slightly less difficult than I originally thought. :V
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2009, 04:38:41 PM »
Okay, what the hell? I just tried a UFO Lunatic run.

Stage 2, 2 deaths, once with 2 bombs in stock.
Stage 3, 2 deaths, once with 2 bombs in stock.
Stage 4, SIX DEATHS, TWICE with two bombs in stock.
Stage 5, two deaths, once with two bombs in stock (because I for some reason decided to try and capture Radiant Treasure Gun hurrrr).

And yet, after that terrible, terrible run, I still made it to stage 6. How the Christ did that happen?

...This might be slightly less difficult than I originally thought. :V
Same here. It's almost amazing how can you totally shit up a run and still get far.
6 deaths though...I'm wondering how did you even get past :V
4 less deaths on st4 and you would have pretty much a 1cc guarranteed.