Author Topic: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4  (Read 129680 times)

lumber_of_the_beast

Re: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »
I was about to 1cc PCB until I got to the Reflowering spell card.  Had to use TWO continues to win.  ;_;
*gives a hug of sympathy* ;~;

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
...Welp, I just opened up UFO to find that my score.dat has been wiped. I suspect the retarded antivirus that my dad decided it would be a good idea to install deleted it; it's tried to get rid of SWR before. <_<; Anyway, anyone mind letting me use theirs? I don't feel like having to 1cc the game with all shot types over again.

Interesting side note: when launching the game, the main menu had... changed somewhat.
Let's fight.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2009, 04:55:15 PM »
MURASAAAAAA

So I finally beat Ichirin on Hard decently - went in at six lives, came out with five (Only died at the very end of Calamity Scolding Scorch, and captured Hook Combo through Heaven and Hell finally!  Mostly due to getting to it at 4 power for once @_@).

Reached Murasa at four lives, due to getting tackled by a goddamn fairy on Midboss Nue _AGAIN_ (and proceeding to herpderp right into a bullet almost immediately after), and proceeded to lose em all - two to Sinkable Vortex, one to Ghost Ship's Harbor (MarisaA's blindspot does NOT HELP HERE), and a double derp on Dipper Creeping Close.

Sigh.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2009, 04:57:56 PM »
1CC'd IN normal..... with 1 death on stage 4, otherwise perfect ._." Oh but then I met Kaguya... freaking 4 deaths on her >.< grrrrrrr

« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »
*insert incoherant rant about SA Lunatic and how much I hate Satori here*
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »
Jesus Christ. Is it just me, or is Gold Detector Lunatic the most ridiculous card ever to be in Stage 1? My history is less than a third captures. Is there some kind of trick I'm missing here? Because it seems very wrong that I should have a worse history on a Stage 1 card than most Stage 6 cards across the series. :V
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2009, 05:51:17 PM »
UFO has the most ridiculous cards ever to be in every stage :V
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »
Jesus Christ. Is it just me, or is Gold Detector Lunatic the most ridiculous card ever to be in Stage 1? My history is less than a third captures. Is there some kind of trick I'm missing here?

Memorize it.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2009, 05:55:11 PM »
Gold Detector got easier for me when I realized that while the bullets themselves aren't static (or if they are, I'm really not paying attention), Nazrin's motion is a static pattern that I can follow to maximize my damage output and minimize the length of the card.  (Move left, right, middle, right, left, middle.  Card should be killed under Reimu B's power at this point, probably sooner with anyone else.)  Other than that, mind the lasers and don't get walled.  It's not -that- bad, but it's definitely not your typical trivial S1 "Night Bird"/"Lingering Cold"/"Firefly Phenomenon" spell card.  Guard Pendulum bothers me more, if only because the card lasts forever due to Nazrin's cheap little shields.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2009, 09:22:13 PM »
Not static, but close enough to it. The bullets are pretty small so you should be able to make quick wall jumps without much difficulty. The lasers are definitely static though.

"Guard Pendulum" is frustrating when swapping from a Reimu Shot Type to a Non-MarisaA / SanaeB Shot Type. Just so you know, I have something like a 17/35 with MarisaB.

And I just accidentally focused to grab a Star Fragment by reflex.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:30:23 PM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »
Gold Detector got easier for me when I realized that while the bullets themselves aren't static (or if they are, I'm really not paying attention), Nazrin's motion is a static pattern that I can follow to maximize my damage output and minimize the length of the card.  (Move left, right, middle, right, left, middle.  Card should be killed under Reimu B's power at this point, probably sooner with anyone else.)
Aha, the movement thing works like a charm. Thanks!

Further rage at UFO Lunatic. I hate the need to go chasing down UFOs; I have never experienced SO MANY CLIPDEATHS over such a short space of time. Also, I have for some reason lost the ability to do Kogasa's last non-card. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2009, 10:46:53 PM »
Farthest I've gotten with default lives on IN Lunatic: Marisa

I try it with the lives maxed to unlock FinalB for practice. Game over on Marisa.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2009, 11:03:05 PM »
Ellen and Rikako... Are absolutely terrifying @_@

EDIT: Oh god WHAT. I just got all the way through the first six stages without dying (and Ellen was on stage 6 too) then suddenly, I game overed by dying FOUR TIMES to Mima. This was Hard mode by the way...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:35:51 PM by ShiningDrake »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
<>

« Reply #224 on: November 17, 2009, 12:12:32 AM »
Ugh I fail at Touhou.  EoSD run on Hard.  8 Misses.  1 Bomb.  The 1 Bomb?  Beginning of Stage 2 to get all the items.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #225 on: November 17, 2009, 12:15:31 AM »
Ugh I fail at Touhou.  EoSD run on Hard.  8 Misses.  1 Bomb.  The 1 Bomb?  Beginning of Stage 2 to get all the items.

That, uh, sounds like something that would happen to me ._.;

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #226 on: November 17, 2009, 12:28:36 AM »
Rage is dying during the end explosion to the Kogasa Train

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2009, 02:06:04 AM »
Smacked by Elly's "secret" mini-phase due to bad timing on my part upon trying to perfect Stage 3. The mini-phase kicked up within 4 seconds of entering the Final Phase.

:|
<>

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2009, 02:13:33 AM »
You haven't perfected stage 3 yet? I am disappoint. :P
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2009, 02:17:02 AM »
You haven't perfected stage 3 yet? I am disappoint. :P
The mini-phase kicked up within 4 seconds of entering the Final Phase.
And you keep backing out of your deal about getting AIM  :V
Not that there is any benefit for me if you get it.

Those stupid caving walls aren't giving me any nice gaps thanks to lol-random boss movement.

Also, you can't perfect Kurumi consistently.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2009, 02:22:07 AM »
I don't want to try and perfect Kurumi consistently. When there's no stage practice it's not worth risking it in a 1cc attempt. Besides, have YOU perfected Kurumi and Elly consecutively? 8)

And I'm not backing out, I'm just stalling. ;>_>
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #231 on: November 17, 2009, 02:33:06 AM »
Besides, have YOU perfected Kurumi and Elly consecutively? 8)
I've gotten close several times. Case in point:

<>

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #232 on: November 17, 2009, 02:42:35 AM »
So I finally picked up SWR and UNL, and I found out one thing that piss the fuck out of me.

In SWR, the WORST thing that can happen to you is when you get knocked down, and you get up with no invisibility period.  I insta-FAILED Iku's lightning barrier spell, just cause I slipped once, all 3 lives, just like that, GONE.

Bananamatic

« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2009, 02:46:59 AM »
So I finally picked up SWR and UNL, and I found out one thing that piss the fuck out of me.

In SWR, the WORST thing that can happen to you is when you get knocked down, and you get up with no invisibility period.  I insta-FAILED Iku's lightning barrier spell, just cause I slipped once, all 3 lives, just like that, GONE.
Getting raped for 2 lives by Tenshi's final on Easy. Fun.

nintendonut888

« Reply #234 on: November 17, 2009, 02:49:09 AM »
Protip: Press V to graze (or whatever it's mapped to). SWR is much more lenient than IaMP in this respect anyway. If Suika hits you with Supermassive Conflageration you may as well just restart.

« Reply #235 on: November 17, 2009, 02:49:59 AM »

-highjump on wakeup
-block on wakeup and border escape if you're going to get guardcrushed
-Dash on wakeup

Obviously you only want to block if it's a melee attack you're dealing with.

« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2009, 03:49:39 AM »
My latest attempt at EoSD Hard:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5989

I'm going to go cry now.

nintendonut888

« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2009, 04:55:25 AM »
So I think I finally figured out the "secret" to Aya's second non-spell...but still can't beat it. -_- Even knowing this, it's still a horrible attack.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2009, 05:05:12 AM »
You mean this?

Or are you onto something else, like a left-right swaying motion around the rings which was done by AM during a NV run?
<>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #239 on: November 17, 2009, 05:05:34 AM »
[00:00] <theshim|SAHard> well GODDAMNIT
[00:00] <theshim|SAHard> fine until I clipped the orb fairy at the end
[00:00] <theshim|SAHard> then clipped the STREAMING FAIRIES right after that
[00:00] <theshim|SAHard> I have no lives left instead of two

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson