Author Topic: INVASION! (Game Over, Nobody Wins)  (Read 82498 times)

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
Re: INVASION! (Day 5) - One Of These Days, Alice, One Of These Days...
« Reply #720 on: October 01, 2009, 04:22:58 PM »
And Rou makes no mention about his own actions yesterday about how he suddenly hammered Serp while thinking he wasn't scummy, and rehashes points that I have already addressed long ago, as well as gives... bandwagon 'switches' without any comparison or any direct relation to how im scummy.  I found you scummy on D2, I switched to you, before deciding that your lynch was unlikely and switched back to Anthony.  Telegraphed on D3, but Suwako was scummy and I switched to him.  Citation of D4 vote on Nietz is lol because that was because of Kiro's suggestion.  Argued D1 to death; keeps going back to it despite me saying that he has done the exact same thing.

Here are the posts that answer Rou's accusations.

Y'know, that's funny, because looking back through your D2 and D3 you don't specify any interest in the Serp case at all beyond occasionally saying 'I'll have to re-read him'. You also made an effort to clear Serp from suspicion for being a late hammer on VgT by saying 'circumstance could have screwed him over'

This post

You also made an effort to clear Serp from suspicion for being a late hammer on VgT by saying 'circumstance could have screwed him over'.

True, but finding him scummy for reasons that are incorrect has to be pointed out.  This is nothing subjective, but rather logical and certain.  Other than that Rou's case is rehashed from the pieces of his D3 'case', and not worthy of note, given the irony.  Also, misinterpretation of the quote there.

---

I don't think Roukanken is that scummy now, though I think he's a bad townie, given that such behavior is suicidal.  Kiro alerts me somehow, since he pushed the Suwako case all of D3 and yet reproached Serp for starting the bandwagon on him.  There was also some telegraphing in this post at the end, which seems to pre-empt what Serp is going to come out with even though he consistently slammed Serp for it on D2. 

I'm not sure if Serp is planning on going for you again today, but you're sure validating any reason he may have for doing so.

... a little bit of a stretch but this seems awkward.  More tomorrow.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #721 on: October 01, 2009, 04:37:05 PM »
And Rou makes no mention about his own actions yesterday about how he suddenly hammered Serp while thinking he wasn't scummy
5 hours left in the day, no way a Nietz lynch was going to happen, no-one was talking. Saw no point in prolonging the day for no reason.

This post
You mean the post where you attack four people at once, and link back to a previous post which basically says 'Serp was part of this group which I find scummy in general' and doesn't explain why you chose him ahead of everyone else?
And given that you apparently found Serp so suspicious, why do you fail to discuss him in the slightest for the rest of the day, other than a single point of 'I'm not sure about his claim'?

True, but finding him scummy for reasons that are incorrect has to be pointed out.  This is nothing subjective, but rather logical and certain.
This sounds awfully like additional knowledge. Why are you so certain that Serp wasn't available to comment? He made no comment in thread of having difficulty posting.

This post surprises me.
I wonder why UK ignored the Serp point though, makes me feel a little queasy.  If Serp flips scum, then UK probably would be a possible scumbuddy.
What happened to this, exactly? You were willing to point a finger at UK here, but now you're going for Kiro? Where did UK clear herself, exactly?

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #722 on: October 01, 2009, 06:55:28 PM »
Ok then, my first instinct is to vote Rou like mad.

However, that would be unwise. I think I should at least reread Affinity before going ahead with that...I will do that sometime today or tomorrow.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #723 on: October 01, 2009, 09:17:55 PM »
Oh hi Rou, you've defended both confirmed scum. ObvBuddy.

Oh, and nice hypocrisy regarding voting an hour into lylo.

And why would you hammer someone you think was "town" on LYLO?

Other suspicions:
Kitten4U: Little contribution, possibly lurking.
UK: I can see her bussing VGT, to get a smooth ride in the game, and possibly Rou, if he's scum which I'm pretty sure of. But that seems a bit absurd, to bus all your team mates.

I'm not really seeing Affinity or Kiro being scum.

And now to do some HMWK.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #724 on: October 01, 2009, 10:16:36 PM »
Oh, and nice hypocrisy regarding voting an hour into lylo.
I was angry, what can I say. And by now it doesn't look like there's a voteblocker, so we're safe.

And why would you hammer someone you think was "town" on LYLO?
5 hours left in the day, no way a Nietz lynch was going to happen, no-one was talking. Saw no point in prolonging the day for no reason.

I'm not really seeing Affinity or Kiro being scum.
Kiro I understand, but why not Affinity? He avoided VgT for D1 and avoided the Serp issue until it became too big to safely ignore. :/

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #725 on: October 01, 2009, 10:24:01 PM »
You mean the post where you attack four people at once, and link back to a previous post which basically says 'Serp was part of this group which I find scummy in general' and doesn't explain why you chose him ahead of everyone else?
And given that you apparently found Serp so suspicious, why do you fail to discuss him in the slightest for the rest of the day, other than a single point of 'I'm not sure about his claim'?

What's wrong, exactly?  That's very different from your previous point of saying that 'I said nothing on Serp', by the way; this was an additional point to Kilga's case, which I agreed with but did not feel like repeating.  Furthermore, why should I be saying things about Serp when the main focus of the day was Suwako?  How could I have done so, in your opinion, other than commenting on the roleclaim?  Suwako was in that general group.  This is rather unreasonable.

This sounds awfully like additional knowledge. Why are you so certain that Serp wasn't available to comment? He made no comment in thread of having difficulty posting.

Simply innocent until proven guilty.  As long as the fair possibility exists that the late hammer was due to circumstance, it is simply not fair to accuse him of that as this has nothing to do with the player himself.  Just as scum lies about having something on in real life so as to slip by the radar; you can't differentiate it from the other townie version of this.  So no, no additional knowledge, and no certainty, just scumhunting philosophy.  I note that this is coming from a person who rambled about different possible roles haphazardly yesterday, does that count as 'additional knowledge'?

And UK didn't ignore the Serp point after that.

Also,

Affinity, like Sodium, is bad for immediately jumping to the assumption that Serp is scum and needs to be lynched. The reasoning for this is that unless Serp is scum (which I still hold is unlikely), he's the only player who can potentially prevent lylo in the event of a mislynch. If they lynch him today there's no risk of him hitting one of their own tonight and ruining their victory.

What happened to this?  Also, why are you immediately clearing everyone early on the bandwagon when scum surely do have enough manpower to bus for cred at this stage in the game?  Are you sure you are willing to totally jump ship on your case of Kiro just for this reason?  Lastly, this post. which is a real classy snub of whatever Kiro had been saying against you, did not telegraph this sudden suspicion against me.  Why?

---

@Sodium:

Not liking your suspicions into today, since it seems not to be a summation of all your opinions on, say, me or UK, as can be seen here.  What made you think that way?  Also, I've noticed that you have never mentioned Kiro in any of your opinions posts except for the first; which might be of some note.  Bandwagon performance has been relatively good though.

---

The thing I'm not liking about Kiro is that he spins lots and lots of theories which turn out to not be used for the rest of the game, giving his actions an air of pretentiousness.  For example, here he acknowledges that Serp has an improving aura of town while slamming Suwako (which he previously called obvtown on D2), which conflicts with this D4 post and subsequent posts where he accuses Serp of not 'truly scumhunting'.  These contradictions, along with his D2 views, give the impression of a forced bus, and the fact that he totally gave up on his Rou questioning yesterday (which was well-founded) without mentioning his actions give the impression of wilting crops.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #726 on: October 02, 2009, 06:55:58 AM »
What's wrong, exactly?  That's very different from your previous point of saying that 'I said nothing on Serp', by the way; this was an additional point to Kilga's case, which I agreed with but did not feel like repeating.
You said 'he's scummy for these things', then just kept him in second place and never talked about him again until the roleclaim. If you thought he was so scummy, why didn't you press him?

Furthermore, why should I be saying things about Serp when the main focus of the day was Suwako?  How could I have done so, in your opinion, other than commenting on the roleclaim?
You're the one who claimed that 'Serp was the case on everyone's lips Day 2 and 3', aren't you? I'm just holding you to your words.

Simply innocent until proven guilty.  As long as the fair possibility exists that the late hammer was due to circumstance, it is simply not fair to accuse him of that as this has nothing to do with the player himself.  Just as scum lies about having something on in real life so as to slip by the radar; you can't differentiate it from the other townie version of this.
Surely if Serp had any such activity problems, he would have said so himself rather than waiting for someone else to come up with outs for him.

And UK didn't ignore the Serp point after that.
The way you put it it sounds awfully like she's being reactionary. Also, considering she didn't move her vote from me the entire day, I still don't see how she 'got' the point other than willing to say that Serp was a likely buddy.

What happened to this?  Also, why are you immediately clearing everyone early on the bandwagon when scum surely do have enough manpower to bus for cred at this stage in the game?  Are you sure you are willing to totally jump ship on your case of Kiro just for this reason?
You do realise that that entire line of logic only made sense because I thought Serp was Town, right? It doesn't work as well in reverse.
Besides, looking back on D4, while you did call Serp obvscum you held off on voting him until the end of the day.
And Kiro, Sodium and K4U were on both scum wagons, either early or at critical points to stop the Suwako lynch D1. One scum lynch might be bussing. Two is suicide.

Lastly, this post. which is a real classy snub of whatever Kiro had been saying against you, did not telegraph this sudden suspicion against me.  Why?
Overnight re-read. I looked at you and realised that you were linked pretty closely to Serp on several points, plus you'd been fighting for Suwako's lynch.

K4U needs to post.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #727 on: October 02, 2009, 07:00:06 AM »
In a game where Town got distracted by Suwako's behavior and also let Serp and the rest of Scum get away with a Day 3 Suwako mislynch before lynching Serp in Day 4, I am focusing on those aspects to pin down my last 2 suspects. For me, my head is hurting from thinking about who's the scummiest because almost everyone fouled up in one way or another. So an approach that I think is easier for me to handle was to look at those events and work backwards and think about who is the most likely to be Townie first. To start, I am reaffirming that I think the last 2 Scum are Affinity and UK. Thus, the bulk of these points are addressed to K4U, Sodium, and Rou, because it is them that I intend to convince in order to get Town to win this game. Relooking at all the players:

---

K4U: Votes Anthony early, doesn't initially see the VgT case, but does eventually vote VgT picking him over Suwako. Continues on Anthony in Day 2 for what looks to me like consistent reasoning. Votes Serp early Day 3 and stays on in #606. Also agrees to vote Serp early in Day 4 and does. Quite clean so I believe she's Town.

Elphias/Sodium: Elphias votes VgT early in #90 when there's little pressure on VgT so it really does look too early to be a hard Scum bus. Sodium comes in Day 2 and votes Angel Milk in #351, leans Town on Suwako. Also votes Serp early Day 3 and when Sodium addresses Suwako's post in #578, he decides to stay on Serp. Reiterates said point in #584. And votes Serp early in Day 4 and stays on it. I also think he's Town now. Just don't like his comments about how Rou is obvScum, mostly because I think he's wrong and I'm not seeing it as a scummy error. Anyways, see next section.

---

Rou: He looks bad through all of the game and if we could afford to mislynch, he'd definitely be expendable. But he's not, so I searched for things that strike me as something Town would do that Scum can't do. And I found three major instances that indicate he's not likely to be Scum. The first is his Day 1 activity. He makes a big deal about Anthony being 3rd on the wagon and draws attention to himself that way. That's not how Scum would play in a game where they don't know what Town has waiting for them. This is especially true in that he harped on that point repeatedly until being publicly told that it was a discredited scumtell. In essence, it looks like he had no scumbuddies to tell him to shut up about that point because he's not Scum with access to Daytalk. I think everyone still alive actually mentioned this aloud afterwards and there was plenty of time for any scumbuddies to tell him that he was about to say something stupid. In other words, there has been no coordination in reining of Rou's statements. Rou sets himself up as suspicious too early and it makes no sense for a Scum to do that to himself.

The lack of coordination also applies to the second instance which is his Day 4 activity. He defended Serp beginning in #652, but it was in the context of the "potential" LYLO argument. But if Rou were Scum, he would have known Serp was the Scum Vig and unable to save Town. He also had to weigh in the fact that Serp was still likely to have been lynched given the early Day 4 comments. Rou's actions have no semblance of knowing all of the above as the topic is argued for a full page. His argument on defending Serp wasn't even about anything scummy Serp did, but it was concerned that Town would auto-lose and at this point, I thought he was Town who tunnelled in on that single point.

And as a reminder, Scum Rou has no reason to start up a fresh mislynch wagon on Suwako in Day 1. It's just not efficient when VgT had 4 votes on him at the time. He could have stayed on Anthony who would have had 3 votes and remain perfectly competitive to Scum VgT. Scum Rou with his team banking on those votes to come is a pretty risky strategy when there was a mislynch wagon already in place as there was no way they could do it alone. All of the faults that Rou has committed have been well documented, including stuff I stated. But we can't afford to be wrong so in this viewpoint, I'm going to stay with the idea that Rou is a Townie.

---

To discuss Affinity: Votes umu in #98 for the case on Rou. Then prods K4U in #173 all of which is a sign of being non committal to the major issues at the time including VgT. Also:

As for, Kitten4u, I would like to see more elaboration on why you don't agree and why you do agree other than just saying stuff.  For now, she's to me slightly scummier than the likes of VGameT and Nietz,

This was more of a prod than a case; just didn't want to see her go under the radar.  And I have not thrown aside everything else yet. 

The above two statements don't really match. Looks like you're just fishing for something. And then you vote Suwako in the same post for contradictions. Rather ironic. And to reiterate on the Day 1 bandwagon stuff, I've said it's highly unlikely for Scum to "start" the Suwako mislynch from scratch, but it's not unreasonable to think they added onto it to make it competitive. Affinity's vote brought it equal to Anthony's wagon and Serp (confirmed Scum) put it to one under VgT.

We're going to take that angle into Day 3. Affinity in #546 votes Rou with willingness to switch to Serp. He makes good points on Serp too. What I think is the problem is that he votes Suwako in #570 replying only to Suwako's points. There's no mention of Rou or Serp while he makes the vote. Shouldn't there have been something because BOTH Rou and Serp are the ones who have voted Suwako before you. Did you even factor in that your top 2 Scum suspects were the ones that started this wagon? And to reiterate wagon balance, this inches Suwako up to 3 and makes it competitive with the 4 votes on Serp. And finally, Rou already asked you some questions for Day 5 like asking where your suspicion on UK went.

To answer your Day 5 concerns about me: My #555 which talks about Suwako is me getting irritated at Suwako and starting to find him suspicious regardless of the Occam's scenario. Saying I preempted Serp to go for Suwako is dumb. Even if I were a hypothetical scumbuddy to him, Serp is his own person and will make the cases he so chooses and can't take it back once it's posted. As for the theories I've made, I make them because I think they're worth considering. Theories can be wrong and I can look scummy for bringing them out so go ahead and call me out on them. For your example, I got fooled by Serp in Day 3, simple as that. My opinion changed in Day 4 after seeing Suwako flip Town and Pesco's role so I don't see my Day 4 post as a conflict, but an updated opinion. You updated your opinion of Serp as well. What I would like to say about my Day 3 switch from Serp to Suwako is that I considered and talked about it a great deal and considered several aspects including that Serp could be messing with me. You did not do the latter which is something others can compare between us. I've already addressed why I think Rou is Townie and that without the luxury of having a mislynch, we have to vote correctly and just looking at who has the most crimes does not mean he will flip Scum.

---

Moving onto UK: There's the vote on Anthony and then the re-parking of her vote onto Edible. If you have no secondary suspect, then not contributing to discussion or brushing off Pesco's asking what your opinion on VgT is in #73 is anti-Townie. You also have a weird progression through Day 1:
#189: "VgT is better, but lacks action."
#197: I "may have to push Suwako a bit"
#202: Willing to vote Anthony now.
#233 is where you switch to VgT. That looks alright of course.

It's from Day 2 on that I see some major problems with you. You vote Rou first in Day 2. Then in #399, you take the time to reread and stay on Rou. The problem is that you don't seem to make much of an effort to push your case unlike say Kilga with his Serp case. You're passively ok with other lynches like Anthony, Serp, or Angel Milk but your vote never touches any of them so there is some serious apathy and lack of backbone to your suspicions on any of them.

In Day 3, you arrive to the thread late, after Serp made his Vig claim and Suwako was ahead 4-3. Despite all this, you vote Rou in #599, say you can't get behind a Suwako lynch, but would be more enthusiastic about a Serpy lynch. You reaffirm that you don't like the Suwako wagon at all even more strongly in #602, but you don't do a damn thing about it. Suwako is ahead by 1 vote, the day is almost over and you have your vote on a wagon that for all reasonable purposes, is not going anywhere. If you're so convinced about Suwako being the wrong lynch, then vote Serp so that it ties the wagons up and potentially causes the Suwako wagon to fail. Once again, severe apathy and you don't change your vote to a dominant wagon before the Day ends. Very very bad and it can be interpreted as complicitly letting the mislynch occur. You can't take any credit for being right about Suwako because you didn't make any actual effort to save him or dissuade those who were voting Suwako.

And finally, you vote Rou in Day 4 again and never actually touch Serp. You say lynch one today, lynch the other tomorrow so haphazardly which is dangerous to state in LYLO and I know Town UK wouldn't be so careless to say it like that. How I think you are worse than Sodium in this regard is that he voted for Serp in Day 3 and Day 4; you never did. Given that I also think Rou is Townie now, your tunneling on him throughout the game is me seeing an extended attempt to mislynch him. But you don't do much in actually pushing for this lynch which strikes me as bad. So I peg you as Scum as well.

---

I find both UK and Affinity compelling targets, but here's an interesting thing we can do based off Nietz' tracker results. If Town agrees UK is scummy enough to be lynched today and she flips Scum voteblocker, then Affinity is still a valid target for Day 6. If she flips Scum Goon, then Affinity is almost certainly a Townie as he can't be a voteblocker. And I would have to reevaluate everyone again. Furthermore, if UK flips any Scum, then that should convince everyone else that Rou is almost certainly innocent. UK tunnelled on Rou for so long this game that it's unreasonable to think she would do that to a scumbuddy from mid Day 1 to now. The above is just a suggestion, but I am ok with either lynch and will vote either equally. Awaiting comments.

Cut by Roukan: Nothing to really comment on there.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #728 on: October 02, 2009, 08:41:46 AM »
@Rou:

You're the one who claimed that 'Serp was the case on everyone's lips Day 2 and 3', aren't you? I'm just holding you to your words.

Really?  Then what I meant by 'on everyone lips' is that there were two major bandwagons on D3; Suwako, and Serp.  Serp would have been considered on D3, I don't see how that contributes to my case.

urely if Serp had any such activity problems, he would have said so himself rather than waiting for someone else to come up with outs for him.

Wasn't there numerous indications that he was running Dwarf Fortress?

The way you put it it sounds awfully like she's being reactionary. Also, considering she didn't move her vote from me the entire day, I still don't see how she 'got' the point other than willing to say that Serp was a likely buddy

Then why aren't you voting yourself?  He gave Serp as a secondary lynch, which is far more than you can say.

You said 'he's scummy for these things', then just kept him in second place and never talked about him again until the roleclaim. If you thought he was so scummy, why didn't you press him?

Simply because I thought Suwako was scummier and was a better lynch for D3.  Let us note that one of my main points against Serp, that he voted for Tenshi without any real push for the Suwako lynch, applied to Suwako as well, but even worse, since later on during D3 Serp gave a reasoned case against Suwako while Suwako did not do anything but antagonize the town and refuse my request for him to clarify his case.  Roukanken also picked himself up, which made my point that he was useless rather weak.  That was a good move, and thus I didn't pay him any more mind after the day until Suwako gave answers. 

As for Kiro's bandwagon point, that was fair, but to me, it doesn't matter who gives the case, as long as it is a good one, which I thought it was given Suwako's method of play.  In fact, it is the best thing you can ever do if you are called scummy, to come up with a good case.  Again, the suspicion was telegraphed throughout D2.  Furthermore, even if they did not go with the bandwagon, I would have started it anyway, the things going the way they were.  Also, see this post.

Besides, looking back on D4, while you did call Serp obvscum you held off on voting him until the end of the day.
And Kiro, Sodium and K4U were on both scum wagons, either early or at critical points to stop the Suwako lynch D1. One scum lynch might be bussing. Two is suicide.

Only so many people can vote him below the L-1 limit, which has to be ensured in order to prevent a scum quicklynch and to preserve the day.  Don't see why I should be implicated for not casting my vote first.  On the other hand, your actions are far more retarded; voting a person you didn't even think was scummy. 

On the bussing point, are you sure?  Again, blind application of theory.  It was psuedo-LyLo, Serp was pretty much going to be the prime lynch for that day; it would make sense for scum to go on the bandwagon early to gain cred.  We notice that at least one person was on the VGameT bandwagon yesterday (probably), so why can't that same person go on the Serp wagon?  Selective scumhunting, to the utmost degree.

---

@Kiro:

The above two statements don't really match. Looks like you're just fishing for something.

Explain the contradiction.  One is before her clarification.  One was after.  Nothing on the level of Suwako and Rou, and the relation you made is extremely forced.

Saying I preempted Serp to go for Suwako is dumb.

It's really no different from me saying that your case is dumb, really.  Not saying that it is, but this defense is not satisfactory.  Possibility is still there.  While I can understand that Serp did what he did, the fact that you patted his back in that post and that you went for Serp as well which was at odds with your position on D2 is worse than mine which telegraphed that suspicion throughout D2 and gives yours the feel of an ad-hoc plan. 

You did not do the latter which is something others can compare between us.

As a defense, what I would say about myself is that I had a constant suspicion on Suwako through D2 as opposed to your (and Rou's) abrupt switch in post 555, which is something.

You updated your opinion of Serp as well.

Not once have I said that Serp's actions redeemed him for his D1 and D2 actions as pointed out by Kilga and me.  Those things were just there and unquestionable, so I don't see how I could have pressed him, so there's no contradiction with my views here.  I simply felt that Suwako was more scummy. 

If Suwako had flipped scum, I would definitely have revised my opinion, but for all intents and purposes Serp was simply next in line on my list on D3 (closely with Rou, but he contributed).  I would like to say that suddenly saying that Serp's reasoning was bad on D4 has absolutely nothing to do with the flips presented on N3, causing the contradiction to surface.  Furthermore you partook in it, and while yes, the possibility exists for it being a townie mistake as always, so is the big possibility for it being a scum action and faked, which is what I think now.  These two switches, that from Serp to Suwako and Suwako to Serp, give evidence.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #729 on: October 02, 2009, 09:16:17 AM »
Okay, it's like 3 AM, I'm half asleep, but I wanted to post before I went to bed.  Sorry if this is somewhat garbled.  So, I wanted to reread (more like skim) the game because Rou was confusing me.  I could see the reason town!Rou would defend Serp yesterday, but I could also why scum would do that so I considered it null.  However, I think it's obvious that there's 4 scum.  We've got two, there's two left.  I cannot find someone else to pair Rou with for the life of me.

Kiro + Sodium: Largely based on the fact that I think they're both town right now.  Being that early on the VgT wagon makes both of them look good.  Sodium also stuck with the Serp wagon D3 and Kiro has just been generally awesome that I doubt either of them are scum.  Naturally, Rou cannot be scum buddies with town.

UK + Affinity: Both attacked Rou a lot.  Enough that I doubt it was a bus.

There's either some serious bussing going on here or Rou is town.  So, for those that still think Rou is scum, who is his buddy?

---

I find Kiro's case very compelling.  I'll look at UK and Affinity again tomorrow when I'm not about ready to pass out.

---

I'm out of juice.  I'm going to look more closely at UK and Affinity tomorrow.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #730 on: October 02, 2009, 10:26:10 AM »
Really?  Then what I meant by 'on everyone lips' is that there were two major bandwagons on D3; Suwako, and Serp.  Serp would have been considered on D3, I don't see how that contributes to my case.
Besides the fact that you gave little to no contribution on the Serp case? If it's as big as you say it is, why do you only say 'he's scummy and my second place' and never touch him afterward?

Wasn't there numerous indications that he was running Dwarf Fortress?
I didn't know this, and assuming that I'm aware of every game everyone is running is asking a lot. I don't recall him referring to the running of said game being a problem anywhere in the topic.

Then why aren't you voting yourself?  He gave Serp as a secondary lynch, which is far more than you can say.
Firstly I assume you meant 'she' here. >_>
Secondly, I don't see having someone listed as a 'second lynch' as very valid. You have one vote, so there's one case that you're willing to put your money on. That is the one important case you can be judged for ahead of the rest - you can talk about other cases, but if you don't vote you aren't putting your money where your mouth is.
Plus, given that despite it being obvious near the end of the day that the Rou lynch wasn't happening, why didn't she switch to Serp?

Simply because I thought Suwako was scummier and was a better lynch for D3.  Let us note that one of my main points against Serp, that he voted for Tenshi without any real push for the Suwako lynch, applied to Suwako as well, but even worse, since later on during D3 Serp gave a reasoned case against Suwako while Suwako did not do anything but antagonize the town and refuse my request for him to clarify his case.  Roukanken also picked himself up, which made my point that he was useless rather weak.  That was a good move, and thus I didn't pay him any more mind after the day until Suwako gave answers.
This reads as tunneling on Suwako, to be honest. Serp giving one good case doesn't seem like enough to make you want to disregard the previous points you had on him.

As for Kiro's bandwagon point, that was fair, but to me, it doesn't matter who gives the case, as long as it is a good one, which I thought it was given Suwako's method of play.  In fact, it is the best thing you can ever do if you are called scummy, to come up with a good case.  Again, the suspicion was telegraphed throughout D2.  Furthermore, even if they did not go with the bandwagon, I would have started it anyway, the things going the way they were.  Also, see this post.
You say this like it's impossible for scum to come up with a 'good' case. You say yourself the Suwako case was valid, but she flipped Town.

Only so many people can vote him below the L-1 limit, which has to be ensured in order to prevent a scum quicklynch and to preserve the day.  Don't see why I should be implicated for not casting my vote first.  On the other hand, your actions are far more retarded; voting a person you didn't even think was scummy.
Misrep. I thought Nietz had to be scum to maintain power balance since the odds of Town having a doc/tracker/vig combo were tiny. The only reason he'd received a clear up until then was his tracker claim, but as Doc came out problems emerged with the apparent setup.

On the bussing point, are you sure?  Again, blind application of theory.  It was psuedo-LyLo, Serp was pretty much going to be the prime lynch for that day; it would make sense for scum to go on the bandwagon early to gain cred.  We notice that at least one person was on the VGameT bandwagon yesterday (probably), so why can't that same person go on the Serp wagon?  Selective scumhunting, to the utmost degree.
I love how you say 'probably' here when the only possible scumpair that would entail from the alternative is Affinity/Rou.
And as much as I may regret using this as a defense, there's the fact that I myself was a relatively good choice of suspect during D3 and 4. UK has been going for me for both of those days, thus missing the actual important wagons, and you started on me D3 before tunneling Suwako.

Speaking of which, you've been evasive on the UK point. I want to get a direct opinion since you really haven't mentioned her anywhere - do you think UK is scummy? Secondly, if you're still convinced in your Kiro case, who is likely to be his buddy?

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #731 on: October 02, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »
I didn't know this, and assuming that I'm aware of every game everyone is running is asking a lot. I don't recall him referring to the running of said game being a problem anywhere in the topic.

Here is one.

Firstly I assume you meant 'she' here. >_>
Secondly, I don't see having someone listed as a 'second lynch' as very valid. You have one vote, so there's one case that you're willing to put your money on. That is the one important case you can be judged for ahead of the rest - you can talk about other cases, but if you don't vote you aren't putting your money where your mouth is.
Plus, given that despite it being obvious near the end of the day that the Rou lynch wasn't happening, why didn't she switch to Serp?

Whoops at first point, sorry.  Second one while fair, is bad in this context because obviously you can find more than one person scummy.  Her money was on you, and she thought that you were scummier than Serp, so be it.  My gripe was that she did not consider, and after she did consider it was alright, provided that there was a very very good reason to vote you at that time and now(which was you spewing bad logic everywhere).  Reasons why she didn't vote for Serp was in my last post; the point which you defended your self against without considering what I said against myself.

his reads as tunneling on Suwako, to be honest. Serp giving one good case doesn't seem like enough to make you want to disregard the previous points you had on him.

Read my post.  My points were static and there and certain.  Nothing I could do to press him. 

You say this like it's impossible for scum to come up with a 'good' case. You say yourself the Suwako case was valid, but she flipped Town.

Why, straw-man and utter desperation.  Why are you using points against me which could be equally applied against you?  Cases may be valid, but validity does not imply certainty.  Furthermore, while scum can definitely give good cases, those who don't are, in my view, more likely to be scum because they are less original and shows more willingness to slip by. 

Misrep. I thought Nietz had to be scum to maintain power balance since the odds of Town having a doc/tracker/vig combo were tiny. The only reason he'd received a clear up until then was his tracker claim, but as Doc came out problems emerged with the apparent setup.

Hammer vote.  No misrep, facts are there in the mod's votecount.  Also, your quote solves the reason why I did not vote for Serp late, I am not to be blamed for being a victim of circumstance.

And as much as I may regret using this as a defense, there's the fact that I myself was a relatively good choice of suspect during D3 and 4. UK has been going for me for both of those days, thus missing the actual important wagons, and you started on me D3 before tunneling Suwako.

Oh you will.  This was Anthony's defense; "I'm so easy to mislynch therefore scum MUST have aimed to push me!"  Like a conspiracy theorist fighting for Flat Earth, really.  You are not following up on the attack either and not getting the main points of my quotes.  It's suddenly switching to your defense primarily.

The evasiveness on UK is fair.  After a reread, I have to say, that yes, UK is scummy, for the reasons Kiro has already raised.  Things like "Kiro's post seems good" and saying "either lynch is fine" on D4 was rather bad.  There were also little to none original opinions, except the one on you on D2, founded on good reasons, just rather skimpy comments on other people which aren't quite informative.  I have not decided Kiro as the sure-lynch choice today, and I am willing to see his defense.  Same for UK.  And Sodium is, in my opinion, a possible scumbuddy given the 'confirmed town' feel I am getting from him on Kiro and omission from opinion lists.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #732 on: October 02, 2009, 12:48:54 PM »
Here is one.
Fair, but there's no sign of anything along those lines in D1, which is when he held off to hammer VgT.

Second one while fair, is bad in this context because obviously you can find more than one person scummy.  Her money was on you, and she thought that you were scummier than Serp, so be it.  My gripe was that she did not consider, and after she did consider it was alright, provided that there was a very very good reason to vote you at that time and now(which was you spewing bad logic everywhere).  Reasons why she didn't vote for Serp was in my last post; the point which you defended your self against without considering what I said against myself.
But UK claims that she's wanted Serp lynched for days behind me, and other lynches have just been getting in the way. Also note that this is in direct contradiction to the 'I'm fine with both lynches' sentiment she expressed here.

Read my post.  My points were static and there and certain.  Nothing I could do to press him.
I have static and certain points against you - namely, that you were against VgT and for Suwako, and linked yourself to Serp pretty clearly with the RL defense - but I'm still able to press you.

Why are you using points against me which could be equally applied against you?  Cases may be valid, but validity does not imply certainty.  Furthermore, while scum can definitely give good cases, those who don't are, in my view, more likely to be scum because they are less original and shows more willingness to slip by.
This point is fair, but the fact remains that you were on every wrong lynch up until now, and I'm still not impressed by your link to Serp. I've made mistakes this round. We all have. All that I can do is pick myself up and keep on trying.

Hammer vote.  No misrep, facts are there in the mod's votecount.  Also, your quote solves the reason why I did not vote for Serp late, I am not to be blamed for being a victim of circumstance.
I don't deny that being the hammer is a bad thing, but that was because I was more convinced by the Nietz lynch anyway. The alternative was a No Lynch which would've led to Serp getting lynched anyway the next day when his vig shot disappeared, except with one extra dead Townie.
And how does this quote clear you exactly?

Oh you will.  This was Anthony's defense; "I'm so easy to mislynch therefore scum MUST have aimed to push me!"  Like a conspiracy theorist fighting for Flat Earth, really.  You are not following up on the attack either and not getting the main points of my quotes.  It's suddenly switching to your defense primarily.
No, this is an attack. I know I'm Town, and I know Serp was scum. Choosing a scum wagon over a Town wagon is a sign of town play.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #733 on: October 02, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »
Fair, but there's no sign of anything along those lines in D1, which is when he held off to hammer VgT.

The topic was started some time ago, before D1.

But UK claims that she's wanted Serp lynched for days behind me, and other lynches have just been getting in the way.

Why, this part at least is fair.  Where's the kicker?  As I said, my reason for ignoring her then was because she ignored the case on Serp for D4 at least.  I agree with your points.

I have static and certain points against you - namely, that you were against VgT and for Suwako, and linked yourself to Serp pretty clearly with the RL defense - but I'm still able to press you.

Wrong, they are far from static and certain.  The link was neither close nor definite, and you're simply going on about your case without considering my defense while even considering it fair, leading to the defense!  The bandwagons, which yourself are guilty of, are true, static, and that's why I did not argue with you on my part in those wagons.  What I'm arguing with you about is my reasons for being on those wagons on the first place, the significance of such stuff, raising the telegraph, which is more than you can say about your sudden switch to Suwako and stuff.  Again, hypocrisy, why aren't you voting yourself in that case?

Comparing to my case on Serp, these are not present.  Things were clear cut, he put his vote on Suwako and Tenshi without any new analysis on any cases or bandwagon flips, which cannot be explained away by his content.  Kilga's argument was also well-sorted out by the end of D2, rendering my reasons to press non-existent.

I don't deny that being the hammer is a bad thing, but that was because I was more convinced by the Nietz lynch anyway. The alternative was a No Lynch which would've led to Serp getting lynched anyway the next day when his vig shot disappeared, except with one extra dead Townie.
And how does this quote clear you exactly?

Wrong.  Kiro has himself volunteered to hammer, which renders you no reason to do so.

I'm not saying that it clears me at all, I'm just saying that you can't find me townie or scummy based on that information.  Last 3 votes came in quick succession.  Kitten voted, you cleared her.  I voted only when I came back on, because I voted 'late' you use that against me.  This is not fair.

All that I can do is pick myself up and keep on trying.

But you must accept the points levied against you as well.  And that's a lot to bear.

No, this is an attack. I know I'm Town, and I know Serp was scum. Choosing a scum wagon over a Town wagon is a sign of town play.

So what?  People are... scummy because they vote for you (a town wagon)  Are you sure about that, despite all your weak play so far?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #734 on: October 02, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »
And as a reminder, Scum Rou has no reason to start up a fresh mislynch wagon on Suwako in Day 1. It's just not efficient when VgT had 4 votes on him at the time. He could have stayed on Anthony who would have had 3 votes and remain perfectly competitive to Scum VgT. Scum Rou with his team banking on those votes to come is a pretty risky strategy when there was a mislynch wagon already in place as there was no way they could do it alone. All of the faults that Rou has committed have been well documented, including stuff I stated. But we can't afford to be wrong so in this viewpoint, I'm going to stay with the idea that Rou is a Townie.

My only problem with this logic is that he chainsaw'd for VgT REALLY strongly. Throughout my entire attack on him Rou was needling me for being against him.

It's from Day 2 on that I see some major problems with you. You vote Rou first in Day 2. Then in #399, you take the time to reread and stay on Rou. The problem is that you don't seem to make much of an effort to push your case unlike say Kilga with his Serp case. You're passively ok with other lynches like Anthony, Serp, or Angel Milk but your vote never touches any of them so there is some serious apathy and lack of backbone to your suspicions on any of them.

Please show me where I've strongly pushed a case in the past? Well, any stronger than I pushed Rou? Honestly, I thought I was rather vehement on him.

In Day 3, you arrive to the thread late, after Serp made his Vig claim and Suwako was ahead 4-3. Despite all this, you vote Rou in #599, say you can't get behind a Suwako lynch, but would be more enthusiastic about a Serpy lynch.

I would be more enthusiastic, but what am I supposed to do with a claimed vig? I proposed what I preferred done about him. Rou was scummier.

You reaffirm that you don't like the Suwako wagon at all even more strongly in #602, but you don't do a damn thing about it. Suwako is ahead by 1 vote, the day is almost over and you have your vote on a wagon that for all reasonable purposes, is not going anywhere.

so you are telling me that I'm supposed to vote for the person who's less town? Rather, Serpy was scummy, but he also had a claim. In terms of value I should have voted Suwako. In terms of towniness I should have voted Serpy. Honestly, we all should have lynched Rou that day. I do not see this argument as valid.

If you're so convinced about Suwako being the wrong lynch, then vote Serp so that it ties the wagons up and potentially causes the Suwako wagon to fail.

At the expense of an assumed PR?

You can't take any credit for being right about Suwako because you didn't make any actual effort to save him or dissuade those who were voting Suwako.

Explain how I should have dissuaded them. I had my facts on the table. They damn well knew that Suwa was a rival wagon to a scum as well as being attacked quite early on by VgT, as in before VgT was a case. Please, explain to me what further I could have done? Oh, and try to leave "lynching a claimed PR" out of your reasoning this time, kthx.

And finally, you vote Rou in Day 4 again and never actually touch Serp. You say lynch one today, lynch the other tomorrow so haphazardly which is dangerous to state in LYLO and I know Town UK wouldn't be so careless to say it like that.

I can't really agree or disagree with this statement. If I'm pissed off enough at a game I may just be so careless. I will grant that by my logic I should have voted Serp. That was a mistake on my part, but either way, you seem to be letting off people for worse mistakes so...yeah ^-^

How I think you are worse than Sodium in this regard is that he voted for Serp in Day 3 and Day 4; you never did. Given that I also think Rou is Townie now, your tunneling on him throughout the game is me seeing an extended attempt to mislynch him. But you don't do much in actually pushing for this lynch which strikes me as bad.

Ok then! So...let's see...because I was wrong on Serp, and because you think Rou is townie, with what appears to be rather weak evidence, you think I'm trying to mislynch him...but since I didn't push hard enough it's worse? I should be pushing a mislynch...harder to seem more townie?

I'm not sure I understand...

Either way, there are my counters. I don't think your case is nearly as strong as you think.

UK + Affinity: Both attacked Rou a lot.  Enough that I doubt it was a bus.

There's either some serious bussing going on here or Rou is town.  So, for those that still think Rou is scum, who is his buddy?

Good question. At this juncture, I'd have to conclude either you or Kiro. Leaning Kiro right now but I'd have to read his history as well.

And no, I'm not going to play with your restrictions. Anyone is open game to me. I don't see anyone particularly townie in this situation.

I find Kiro's case very compelling.  I'll look at UK and Affinity again tomorrow when I'm not about ready to pass out.

I find you didn't look at it very closely. But that's excusable by tiredness.

Was this D3 or D4? D3 would be...uh...maybe the claim? D4 would be I wasn't around to switch IIRC.

The evasiveness on UK is fair.  After a reread, I have to say, that yes, UK is scummy, for the reasons Kiro has already raised.

Really? Did you even read his case ^-^?

But UK claims that she's wanted Serp lynched for days behind me, and other lynches have just been getting in the way. Also note that this is in direct contradiction to the 'I'm fine with both lynches' sentiment she expressed here.

Hmm...decent. The witch side resigns that point.

Overall I think the allegations against me are mildly overstated.

Yes, I know, Affinity reread today. When I'm less sick. Hopefully it's just a season change thing prolonging my allergies to the morning.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #735 on: October 02, 2009, 02:18:48 PM »
The topic was started some time ago, before D1.
But he didn't claim it was a problem at the time, even saying he'd be around at deadline to hammer if necessary.

What I'm arguing with you about is my reasons for being on those wagons on the first place, the significance of such stuff, raising the telegraph, which is more than you can say about your sudden switch to Suwako and stuff.  Again, hypocrisy, why aren't you voting yourself in that case?
Explain to me what the alternative is, then - letting a scummy action go by unnoticed because I manage to make the same mistake? I'll notice on this count that your suspicion of me has faded into the distance - another case of this 'hypocrisy'?

Kitten voted, you cleared her.
That was for her position on the D3 wagon, not D4.

But you must accept the points levied against you as well.  And that's a lot to bear.
I built the cross, I may as well carry it.

So what?  People are... scummy because they vote for you (a town wagon)  Are you sure about that, despite all your weak play so far?
My point is that unless scum have a good reason to bus or the wagons are notably equal in most regards, they're going to pick the Town wagon ahead of the scum wagon.

I'll leave off with one point on UK's wall that stands out to me, and leave the rest for Kiro to answer. I've had enough of this game for now, so I'll probably post again when I get home. >_>
And no, I'm not going to play with your restrictions. Anyone is open game to me. I don't see anyone particularly townie in this situation.
Really? The people who were present early on both scum lynches don't come across as Townie at all? To say that everyone is suspicious is paranoid going on useless.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #736 on: October 02, 2009, 02:28:52 PM »
Really? The people who were present early on both scum lynches don't come across as Townie at all? To say that everyone is suspicious is paranoid going on useless.

I was a swing vote on the VgT lynch. That doesn't seem to matter much. Who's to say it wasn't bussing, ESPECIALLY in Serp's case? Serp was an obvious lynch for several days running. Honestly, thinking on it, the Suwa lynch boggles the mind. But anyway, at this point we are low enough so that everyone has screwed up somehow, and everyone is at some level suspicious.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #737 on: October 02, 2009, 02:40:10 PM »
But he didn't claim it was a problem at the time, even saying he'd be around at deadline to hammer if necessary.

Might not have been around between the time of his last post and the deadline due to other things.  That's the entire point.

Explain to me what the alternative is, then - letting a scummy action go by unnoticed because I manage to make the same mistake? I'll notice on this count that your suspicion of me has faded into the distance - another case of this 'hypocrisy'?

No, not really.  Because you made those mistakes yourself, and you supposedly know yourself to be town, you should understand why these mistakes arise and understand why they do so.  Say how the reasoning behind those mistakes are different from yours, that's an additional step you have to take to be any convincing.

That was for her position on the D3 wagon, not D4

Fair.

My point is that unless scum have a good reason to bus or the wagons are notably equal in most regards, they're going to pick the Town wagon ahead of the scum wagon.

So do townies against bad townies. Unless you can differentiate between the two, what you say means absolutely nothing.

Kiro

« Reply #738 on: October 02, 2009, 06:32:49 PM »
Affinity: The contradiction is that in the first quote, you say K4U is scummier than others. The second quote states that you were mostly prodding K4U. It's an observation from early game that I don't think was noted elsewhere. Possibly viewed as fishing for a case.

Constant suspicion of a person is an alright trend, but if it's wrong, it's wrong. Being on it longer doesn't make you Townie, example being Serp of course. Switching to it suddenly doesn't make you Scum either, example being Pesco. So we can't definitively say you look more or less Townie than me in comparison there. If you want to pursue this point, you argue for us specifically which parts of my flip flop look like they have scummy intent. I still think your not considering that Serp and Rou switched to Suwako first in #570 makes your switch more suspicious. You pursued Suwako all game but when you voted him, three major things happened. Serp voted him, Rou voted him, and he posted his #569. Was #569 really the only trigger to finally get your vote onto him as it may be suggested in your #570? That's my impression of your vote being "sudden."

---

UK: Rou defending VgT just looks like a Townie error to me now. Convince me which specific points are far more likely to have Scum intent over simply being Townie tunnelling error which is how I see it. You were vehement on Rou, but you got almost nobody else to vote Rou alongside you. The only vote support that I can recall was Affinity. In other words, you don't argue that strongly to the rest of Town that Rou was a top priority over anybody else in the game.

I thought this stood out as anti-Townie in Day 3 when you came in late and still voted Rou. We don't get the lynches we want a lot of the times so we have to make the effort to salvage what we can get. In this critical juncture in Day 3, you did NOTHING. No dissuading the Suwako case, no arguing for the Rou case to be stronger than either Serp or Suwako, no voting the Serp wagon to potentially derail the Suwako wagon and no further questioning in the Day. There is no Townieness whatsoever in that sequence. Your Rou vote at that time was a throwaway and with Town making the wrong choice that Day, the throwaway looks really suspicious. The underlined is what you should've done, but I also see you giving up on the Rou lynch from happening DURING your Rou vote in #599... And you didn't push it enough in #602 or #605.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #739 on: October 02, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »
The contradiction is that in the first quote, you say K4U is scummier than others. The second quote states that you were mostly prodding K4U. It's an observation from early game that I don't think was noted elsewhere. Possibly viewed as fishing for a case.

Not really.  She was scummier before she explained, after that she was not.  At that moment in time content given by normal people were limited; making replies to prods more significant, thus I would say that her content became satisfactory of the reply.  Because again, the reason for it was the lack of explanation and her way of pushing pencils.

Constant suspicion of a person is an alright trend, but if it's wrong, it's wrong.

This is fair, however, constant suspicion of a townie person tends to look better than a sudden switch in the span of a day and is to me, the lesser of the two evils (since you were wrong too).  It looks far more genuine to pursue a case you always had in comparison to doing a 180 on him, which can be seen as opportunistic; even though you had good reasons, the reasons were easy to find.  This is combined with your subsequent 180 on Serp.  Being consistently wrong is better than being wrong abruptly, especially since I was the first one to pump out reasons on Suwako. 

And on 569, yes as it was his first post on D3 and the defense to my case on him as suggested by 555.  It was a giant OMGUS, enough to send my opinions of him over th top.  I would like to point out that my other two suspects, Serp and Rou, suddenly did something useful with their votes, which helped push themselves down my list to reveal Suwako as the top, who embarked on a giant MotK hatefest when he has been just as wrong or more so than us.  Thus it's not sudden, as he actually responded to the my points in 555 in a bad way.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #740 on: October 02, 2009, 09:44:16 PM »
Quote from: Kiro
Just don't like his comments about how Rou is obvScum, mostly because I think he's wrong and I'm not seeing it as a scummy error
I'm assuming you mean townie error. =V
---
Kiro: Maybe Rou was trying to save VGT, and then once he realized that CHAINSAWING wouldn't lead anywhere, he decided to try and kick up a new case in Suwako? That or he just went on to vote Suwako for an unrelated reason, but you get my point, right? Chainsawing is not townie.

Affinity: Why do I have to say why I think someone is town? Well, anyways:
I think that Kiro is town because while he has done some scummy things(I'd be surprised if someone didn't), I think that everything else he's done eclipses those errors, and he's pretty much been scumhunting the whole game.

Rou: The main thing was ON LYLO. Purposely hammering someone you think is town on LYLO is stupid. Hell, you attacked Zak a few games back for doing that on that game before that game a few games back.

Oh, and I thought it seemed like scum giving up on defending their buddy, and then hammering as an attempt of getting rid of suspicion.

I think Affinity is town because...well, read what I wrote for Kiro, although not as extremely townie. I don't see why I should view him below Kitten4U who has posted little content for a long time, and you, who has defended BOTH flipped scum. Or UK, who hasn't done much outside of tunneling you.

UK: Why does it seem like your purposely trying to avoid re-reading Affinity? It seems your sick, but you've been able to make quote fences, and such.

Kitten4U: You give:
Scumpair theory based on two people who are "too townie" to you
Scumpair theory based on two people who wanted Rou dead for a while.
What. I mean, you did say you gave the post when you were tired, but... =V
You need to deliver some more content.
---
To Everyone: Sorry, I had HMWK to do. That's why my first post was short and stuff. =V
I still think Rou is still scum in front of me, for reasons stated.

Just a question, but what would be the advantages and disadvantages of getting a no lynch? I'd prefer a lynch, but a no lynch could be a possible action if we can't come to a majority or something.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #741 on: October 02, 2009, 11:31:03 PM »
But anyway, at this point we are low enough so that everyone has screwed up somehow, and everyone is at some level suspicious.
My point is that being paranoid of everyone doesn't help Town at all. To illustrate the point, there are 15 possible scumpairs out there right now. There have to be SOME people who you're willing to say are probably not scum at this point, surely.

Might not have been around between the time of his last post and the deadline due to other things.  That's the entire point.
After saying not much all day, Serp shows up and says 'I intend to hammer'. Seemed too coincidential, and you were quick to assume the best of him.

No, not really.  Because you made those mistakes yourself, and you supposedly know yourself to be town, you should understand why these mistakes arise and understand why they do so.  Say how the reasoning behind those mistakes are different from yours, that's an additional step you have to take to be any convincing.
Alright then.
- Starting the Suwako wagon and jumping onto it are two different things. I did the former, you did the latter. The former, as people have pointed out, isn't as scummy because scum don't want to start a lynch from scratch when other targets are available (e.g. Anthony).
- I'll concede that I agreed with you on D3.
- I defended Serp based on what I thought was mod confirmation. You defended him based on a potential RL scenario which Serp made no reference to himself at the time. It irritated me how you jumped to his rescue over a point which you yourself couldn't be so sure of.

Maybe Rou was trying to save VGT, and then once he realized that CHAINSAWING wouldn't lead anywhere, he decided to try and kick up a new case in Suwako? That or he just went on to vote Suwako for an unrelated reason, but you get my point, right? Chainsawing is not townie.
This feels horribly like grasping. 'Maybe because the scummier move doesn't work, he decided to go for the less scummy move!'

I think Affinity is town because...well, read what I wrote for Kiro, although not as extremely townie.
Kiro was present on the VgT lynch and was pressing Serp D3. Affinity wasn't. How can you compare these?

Just a question, but what would be the advantages and disadvantages of getting a no lynch? I'd prefer a lynch, but a no lynch could be a possible action if we can't come to a majority or something.
Disadvantages: Someone who we're relatively confident is Town gets lynched. We need fewer votes to lynch, hence scum can quickwagon easier.
Advantages: Nothing, really.

Sodium is starting to irk me a little with his tunneling on me. Who are you saying my buddy is, and why? You accuse UK as well, but given she's been voting me since D2 I find it sort of hard to see why anyone would consider us buddies, especially since VgT and Serp were already in the open.

Kiro

« Reply #742 on: October 02, 2009, 11:35:23 PM »
Affinity: That's your interpretation, but I put those statements in quote boxes for direct comparison. Also, "being consistently wrong is better than being wrong abruptly?" This is not a hard set rule as I pointed out with Serp and Pesco. Therefore, you can't even say it's a trend this game. Once again, illustrate to me specific statements I made in my abrupt changes (hopefully in context of the full quote) that were highly likely to be of scummy intent.

As for Suwako, technically, you OMGUSed Suwako because Suwako fakevoted you first (due to his vote restriction) before you voted him. And Suwako's opinions of what he thinks of MotK Mafia players has no bearing on his scumminess no matter how much it personally antagonized you. And if your other two suspects were doing something useful with their votes, you didn't publicly mention whether you thought these votes should factor for or against the case on Suwako in #570.

---

Sodium: I already mentioned that Scum Rou would be more disadvantaged to start a case on Suwako rather than just stay on his case with Anthony. Observe before and after:

BEFORE                  AFTER
VgT: 4 votes           4 votes
Anthony: 3 votes       2 votes
Suwako: 0 votes      1 vote

So with the flips of the above people considered, I see Rou's pushing for the Suwako wagon as Townie tunneling. It is not strategic at all for Scum Rou to start the Suwako route because they had more numbers to make up and the VgT wagon still won out on Day 1 putting Scum at an early disadvantage. Scum Rou would not even be certain he could get his own scumbuddies to vote for Suwako. It's possible they'd think it was too risky and just disagree with it in Daytalk. Scum could have potentially gotten the Anthony mislynch Day 1 and a Tenshi mislynch Day 2 before VgT ever died. Which is also why I think Affinity is more suspicious than Rou because of the Affinity + Scum Serp votes following Rou:

BEFORE A+S           AFTER A+S
VgT: 4 votes            4 votes
Anthony: 2 votes       2 votes
Suwako: 1 votes      3 votes

Also, Rou may have hammered Serp, but he's not taking any credit for doing so. He knows full well he was wrong about Serp. With 5 hours left, Scum Serp either wasn't going to show up again or he'd say something in the end to hopefully confuse Town in the very last minute and perhaps shake off the lynch. I read Rou's reason to hammer as null.

---

Not really up for a No Lynch. From what I'm gathering, there is no one person who looks truly Townie to everyone. So what Scum would do is manipulate the Night Kill to try to secure the right voters to cause a mislynch on Day 6. Town would also start WIFOMing itself on their cases based on who died and we lose one person's input to discussion. And Scum can do a quicklynch in an odd player LYLO which is easy to coordinate with Daytalk. In this game, eliminating a player probably won't make things clearer; it'll make it more complicated instead.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #743 on: October 03, 2009, 12:42:18 AM »
It's really really hard to defend in such a way that what I say is agreeable to everyone.  I feel that I'm getting bogged down explaining the same things all over again.

Starting the Suwako wagon and jumping onto it are two different things. I did the former, you did the latter. The former, as people have pointed out, isn't as scummy because scum don't want to start a lynch from scratch when other targets are available (e.g. Anthony).

This is okay, but you were 2nd and thus you jumped yourself in a way; with minimal reasoning, actually.  Good and fair, but again, lots of people 'jumped' on the wagon.  I came up with most of the points against him first, moreover, and was consistently suspicious of Suwako.

I defended Serp based on what I thought was mod confirmation. You defended him based on a potential RL scenario which Serp made no reference to himself at the time. It irritated me how you jumped to his rescue over a point which you yourself couldn't be so sure of.

No.  I did not defend Serp at all this game in such a way that prevents me from voting him.  I still agreed that his gambits were weird and such and that the flips were detrimental towards him, and I did not jump to his rescue.  My entire defense of this point can be summed as: "You don't charge a murderer for grand larceny", which was what I was trying to point out.  And it's not as if you were very sure of the 'mod confirmation' either.

---

@Kiro:

That's your interpretation, but I put those statements in quote boxes for direct comparison.

You asked me for mine; so uhh, you didn't need to say the above.  You did not even consider the reasons for which I voted K4U, after all, nor the situation then, so mine is more trustworthy.

Also, "being consistently wrong is better than being wrong abruptly?" This is not a hard set rule as I pointed out with Serp and Pesco.

There are no hard set rules in Mafia.  This is the only thing I can say with certainty in this game.  Yes, you have a counterexample, but leaf through the entire corpus of Mafia games and you'll find that the opposite is true as well at times.  Scumhunting in Mafia is a game of probability, and it is up to both scum and town to evade those probabilities.  This particular game has little to do with this scumhunting philosophy, since I believe that there are more cases of abrupt changes pointing to scum.  This is because abrupt switches make unclear your thought processes.

Once again, illustrate to me specific statements I made in my abrupt changes (hopefully in context of the full quote) that were highly likely to be of scummy intent.

Certainly.

Quote from: D2
Statistically speaking, if the Suwako wagon was composed entirely of Townies (minus 1 because VgT was on it), and Suwako's and one other person's vote not on either wagon, you would need at least one Scum actively bussing VgT. Scum just letting their own members be the 2 dominating wagons of the day is extremely careless to be borderline suicidal as early flushing out of Scum just gives chance the Town to win by power role collusive lockdown.

Quote from: against Suwako D3
Also, saying "at least one of Serp/Affinity is just a terrible townie, but I ain't really up for betting on which, kill both," is a fucking lousy statement. I'm not sure if Serp is planning on going for you again today, but you're sure validating any reason he may have for doing so.

Quote from:  on Serp
During the reread, he is amazingly consistent with his thoughts on Suwako... reasoning... In essence, I think he's less likely to be an SK than Rou, but also a little less likely to be Town than Rou if that makes any sense. 

Note the huge turnabout, when Serp has done only one post in the time window from the first quote to the third quote.  Also, he uses consistency to add town cred to Serp which is inconsistent with his point against me now.

I think Serp's pushing of the wagon in Day 3 is scummier than Rou's pushing the wagon in Day 1 although both are pretty bad anyways. Favoring the Serp lynch at the moment.

This is the other turnaround, founded on flips only instead of anything Serp said.  Especially ironic since lots of people pushed the Suwako lynch too, like Rou and me, making the point a little ironic.  Subsequent questioning is solid however, but this is why I feel bad about Kiro.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #744 on: October 03, 2009, 12:50:25 AM »
*gasps*

EBWOP:

As for Suwako, technically, you OMGUSed Suwako because Suwako fakevoted you first (due to his vote restriction) before you voted him. And Suwako's opinions of what he thinks of MotK Mafia players has no bearing on his scumminess no matter how much it personally antagonized you. And if your other two suspects were doing something useful with their votes, you didn't publicly mention whether you thought these votes should factor for or against the case on Suwako in #570.

Fair but I had valid points on Suwako as well.  And the OMGUS is a technicality when I had other points against him.

Lastly, on your last post, I have to ask why I, if I were scum, would vote Suwako instead of Anthony?  Furthermore, I voted for a different set of reasons than that of Rou and others.  Am sure that it has some bearing.

From the next post onwards, I shall do everything in paragraph form.  Sorry for the wall people.

Kiro

« Reply #745 on: October 03, 2009, 02:08:54 AM »
Affinity: To illustrate the change from going to Serp to Suwako, pretty much that statement about "at least one of Serp/Affinity is just a terrible townie, but I ain't really up for betting on which, kill both," and the lackadaisical way Suwako pursued Tenshi really put doubts on whether Suwako was acting on Town's best interests. Especially after Suwako's whole gripe about how Day 1 is pointless in #261. Throwing in the so called preemptive statement afterwards is just a thought I shouldn't have put out. You should note that at the bottom of that quote in #555, I say I'm still down for the Serp lynch and had voted for Serp already. So no, I hadn't changed my opinion of Serp being Scum at this point, only stated that Suwako was looking less Townie.

Incorrect about Serp only having one post between the first (I assume you mean the 2nd box #555, but whatever) and 3rd quote box you mentioned. Serp had 2 posts: his case and vote for Suwako (#562) and a reply to Suwako that included his Vig roleclaim (#591). The 3rd quote you are referencing is #595 where I consider the Vig/SK possibilities and my opinion wavers on Serp and Suwako due to possible setup analysis. Thus, I felt there was a chance Serp was a Townie who tunneled in on a correct case and Suwako was Scum. #595 is where I changed my votes. I was wrong in my analysis. And the turnaround back onto Serp because of flips is hardly scummy.

As for why Scum you would have voted Suwako instead of Anthony, why not? They were both Townies. The key thing to note is that Serp voted 3rd on the Suwako wagon pushing it above Anthony's. Serp decided to make Suwako the Scum's mislynch of choice, but he probably had Scum help in doing so. It makes less sense for Scum Rou/Scum Serp to do the Suwako wagon because they would assumably have to wait for any Townie to place the 2nd vote on Suwako, and it makes far more sense in Scum strategy for Scum Affinity/Scum Serp to boost a Town Rou's misguided wagon up and possibly pin it on Rou later while trying to save VgT. If one wants to argue all 3 of you are Scum, I find that really ridiculous that players of your experience would put all your eggs in this one basket made from scratch.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #746 on: October 03, 2009, 03:04:43 AM »
UK: Rou defending VgT just looks like a Townie error to me now. Convince me which specific points are far more likely to have Scum intent over simply being Townie tunnelling error which is how I see it. You were vehement on Rou, but you got almost nobody else to vote Rou alongside you. The only vote support that I can recall was Affinity. In other words, you don't argue that strongly to the rest of Town that Rou was a top priority over anybody else in the game.

Ok, and this is scummy how? Explain please why my ineffectual arguing, which is ALWAYS ineffectual should put me in hot water this time?

I've already covered the chainsawing.

I thought this stood out as anti-Townie in Day 3 when you came in late and still voted Rou. We don't get the lynches we want a lot of the times so we have to make the effort to salvage what we can get. In this critical juncture in Day 3, you did NOTHING. No dissuading the Suwako case, no arguing for the Rou case to be stronger than either Serp or Suwako,

To the first, I already made my anti case on Suwako. No one listened. To part two, I already argued the Rou case. No one listened.

no voting the Serp wagon to potentially derail the Suwako wagon and no further questioning in the Day.

to this, I wasn't going to attack a claimed PR

There is no Townieness whatsoever in that sequence.

Then demonstrate the scuminess

e. Your Rou vote at that time was a throwaway and with Town making the wrong choice that Day, the throwaway looks really suspicious. The underlined is what you should've done, but I also see you giving up on the Rou lynch from happening DURING your Rou vote in #599... And you didn't push it enough in #602 or #605.

Define a)pushing enough, b)a strong enough example of how this differs from the normal effectiveness of my arguments, and/or 3) how UK, the player, should have handled it within her play limits.

UK: Why does it seem like your purposely trying to avoid re-reading Affinity? It seems your sick, but you've been able to make quote fences, and such.

It's laziness more than anything. I see 25 pages of text to go through. I really don't want to do that. I will have to however eventually..

My point is that being paranoid of everyone doesn't help Town at all. To illustrate the point, there are 15 possible scumpairs out there right now. There have to be SOME people who you're willing to say are probably not scum at this point, surely.

Well, if anyone is town, not you.

I guess Sodium has the least on him, but he's someone else I need to reread honestly. It's just Affinity will probably turn up more.

Kiro

« Reply #747 on: October 03, 2009, 04:12:54 AM »
If your scumhunting is ineffectual, it's neutral at best and scummy at worst if one perceives the target you are going for to be likely Town. From a Town point of view, your voice or case is not reaching anybody. But from a Scum's point of view, you can be building a stance on your target, yet let him slide by while other mislynch targets are propped up far more strongly due to how the game is playing out (Day 2 or Day 3), until you can conveniently push for your target's lynch such as in LYLO. It pretty much is neutral for most of the game, but since we're in LYLO, neutral doesn't quite cut it anymore. I have to make that judgment call about your target now and peg it as likely Town or likely Scum. That's one of the reasons I'm attacking you now.

Stating you don't like the Suwako wagon doesn't mean you're trying to dissuade it. You never state or reintroduce evidence urging those who were voting Suwako to get off and vote Rou who happened to be on that Suwako wagon. Read through #599, #602 and #605. All commentating, no evidence.

The scumminess is that you say you are totally against the Suwako wagon, but would at least be a little more favorable to a Serp wagon via #599, yet you have no votes on one or the other to truly reflect such attitudes. You stated viewpoints that are Townie in nature, but did not act on such viewpoints when you had the opportunity to swing momentum to that or at least to a different wagon than Suwako. Bystanderism is scummy which includes leaving your vote on throwaway targets especially when you were resigned that your vote would probably be a throwaway target in your #599. You were like that in Day 3 and to some extent in Day 2.

Scum UK stands to gain a lot by not using her vote to shift the wagon away from Suwako back to Serp while echoing the sentiment that Suwako is the wrong lynch. And if by deadline, the Serp lynch retook the lead, UK could tack on in the end and gain Town cred. If you ask me how likely this scenario is, I think it's reasonable because her position was pretty much the only undecided one at the time. I find this "carefully sitting back" kind of a scenario to be more likely than a Scum Rou doing what he has done this game.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #748 on: October 03, 2009, 06:42:03 AM »
Quote from: Sodium
Kitten4U: You give:
Scumpair theory based on two people who are "too townie" to you
Scumpair theory based on two people who wanted Rou dead for a while.

How does that resemble what I said at all?  I said that I can't find a buddy for Rou that makes sense to me.  Speaking of which, who do you think it Rou's buddy?

---

So I decided to read the thread again to attempt to figure things out.  I can totally see Affinity and UK as buddies.

UK's D1 play wasn't bad imo.  There was a pretty good amount of scum hunting, ans she picks VgT over Suwako.  However, at this point I don't think Affinity and Rou are buddies, which means at least one person was bussing VgT.  Out of Kiro, Sodium and UK I think UK is the most likely person to be bussing.  Kiro and Sodium got on the wagon before there was a lot of pressure on VgT, and UK got on the wagon after it was pretty clear that either Suwako or VgT was going down.

Affinity's D1 play was pretty shifty.  Most of his comments were about Umu, me and Anthony and he joins the Suwako wagon.  D2 he claims to have mentioned VgT in this post, but I don't think that really qualifies as talking about VgT.  He asks VgT a couple of questions and says that his tone is bad (later he even says that tone has nothing to do with people being scum or not).  There is no stance there.  I cannot tell if he found VgT scummy  or not based on that post.  Therefore, I say that post was not actually talking about VgT and the fact that he claimed it did feels off.

I definitely see where Kiro is coming from when he says that UK didn't do much to push his prefered lynch.  Nothing new to add here.  Same with Affinity's switch to Suwako.  I agree that the timing feels off.  I also agree that UK's D3 play is weird for the same reasons.

Now for connections.  They conviniently seem to never have an opinion of each other.  UK says she needs to reread Affinity a lot.  And she never delievers.  Ever.  Affinity attacks Umu and prods UK, but he stays on Umu later and doesn't mention UK even though she was voting for Rou for about the same reasons Umu was at the time.  UK was also the only person he didn't have an opinion on D3

tl;dr UK and Affinity look like a very plausable scum pair.  I support their lynches.

---

Even after reading again Rou's play still bothers me, but I can't find anyone that makes sense as a buddy.  Kiro and Sodium still look town too.  So, UK and Affinity are my top choices for today.

I think that covers everything.  I really hope that's the last time I have to read the whole thread.  It takes me forever and it wears me out.  Again, it's late so sorry if this is kind of jumbled.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: INVASION! (Day 4) - The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
« Reply #749 on: October 03, 2009, 07:06:43 AM »
Vote Count: Voting is for suckers, apparently
Affinity (1): Roukanken

Not voting: Everyone else

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

You have, uh... ~33 hours remaining, I think?  Counting is hard.