Author Topic: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]  (Read 81739 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #420 on: December 25, 2017, 05:36:55 AM »
>"Wow... got it!"
>Be ready to attempt to read attacks off of Mami if we get a chance, whilst we follow.
>"We'll be right behind you." says Sanae.

>The two of you begin to follow Mami towards the distant silhouette. After a few minutes of walking, a cawing noise is heard before an odd looking creature swoops down from above to block the way.

>It appears to have the torso of a shirtless man, but the wings of a bird. Its head appears to be a cartoonish caricature of a bird as well. The creature is about twice the size of a human.
>[Pretty. Pretty colors.] the creature thinks, [Will she like colors? Yes. Must grab colors. She'll have to accept me when she sees the pretty colors!]

>Mami quickly conjures one of her firearms, which seems to weave itself out of ribbons, and fires at the creature when it charges. Her projectile strikes it straight through the chest, obliterating it in a shower of sparks. [Hmm... the familiars are rather frail. Perhaps they rely on numbers? But if so, why was that one alone...? Come to think of it, with a barrier this open, we should be seeing a lot more familiars... Unless...]
>Mami quickly glances over her shoulder at the two of you as she throws away her weapon, [...Nothing. We don't seem to have any following us...] "Are you two okay?"
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #421 on: December 25, 2017, 07:38:05 AM »
\\I think if we do this again, maybe we should have Sanae covertly watch Kyubey since us watching him doesn't do anything.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #422 on: December 25, 2017, 01:55:35 PM »
\\Hmm? What's watchin' Kyubey gonna do, though? It'd probably be weird to have someone staring at him like a hawk, if anything.

>"Yeah, we're okay!"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #423 on: December 25, 2017, 02:58:58 PM »
//Yeah, Sanae watching Kyubey wouldn't do anything useful either.
>"...That wasn't a witch, right? It went down kind of easily..."
>Speaking of Kyubey, is he with us or did we leave him behind at some point?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #424 on: December 25, 2017, 04:02:13 PM »
//Merry Christmas
\\Hmm? What's watchin' Kyubey gonna do, though? It'd probably be weird to have someone staring at him like a hawk, if anything.

>"Yeah, we're okay!"
//Yeah, Sanae watching Kyubey wouldn't do anything useful either.
>"...That wasn't a witch, right? It went down kind of easily..."
>Speaking of Kyubey, is he with us or did we leave him behind at some point?
>Mami opens her mouth to speak before being interrupted by Kyubey, who is still with the three of you.
>It was just a familiar. he says, The witch would be further inside.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #425 on: December 26, 2017, 12:53:16 AM »
>"Right... so witch barriers are full of familiars? It didn't seem as powerful as the one the other day, at least."
>Follow Mami as necessary
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #426 on: December 26, 2017, 02:15:14 AM »
>"Right... so witch barriers are full of familiars? It didn't seem as powerful as the one the other day, at least."
>Follow Mami as necessary
>"Well, like witches, some familiars may be stronger than others. It usually depends on the witch they've spawned from." Mami replies.
>The three of you continue with care until you near the silhouette, or rather, end up almost below it. Now that you're closer, you can clearly identify the cluster of smaller silhouettes as a very large swarm of those bird-man familiars. At the center of them is a birdcage, seemingly chained to the sky.

>None of the familiars seem to have noticed your group, as they seem to be distracted by something within the birdcage that you can't quite make out at this distance. Unfortunately, all of them seem to be so high up that they're out of your current mind-reading range.

>The floor has changed a bit as well, a series of circles are now present, arranged decoratively in a wide circle. In fact, your group seems to be standing on top of one right now.

>Mami assesses the situation, [Whatever is in that cage is probably our witch. However, at this distance, and with so many familiars in the way, I probably won't get any good hits in right now...] "Alright, stay right here. I'm certain that whatever is in that cage up there is the witch. I'll try to keep their focus on-"

>There is a clicking noise as the ground beneath you shakes, and the section of the floor you're standing on begins to move upwards...
>"W-Whoa!" Sanae stumbles for a moment. [An elevator...?]
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #427 on: December 26, 2017, 02:30:46 AM »
>"Is it a trap?!"
>Stay alert!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #428 on: December 26, 2017, 03:04:28 AM »
>"Is it a trap?!"
>Stay alert!
>"We're about to find out..." Mami replies.
>You stay on your guard as you rise higher, getting closer to the swarm.

>Soon, your third eye begins to make out their silhouettes through the fabric covering it, allowing you to read the familiars.
>[C'mon notice me!/Over here, toots! Over here!/LEMME SMASH] are among the thoughts you read.

>You can also make out what's in the cage now. It appears to be the lower half of a woman in a black dress, hunched over before it abruptly terminates at the top of the cage, which appears to be physically attached to the creature. Along the bottom rim of the cage, etched very faintly, is a series of unintelligible letters in some unknown language:

>A familiar lands inside the cage after a quick aerial dance, only to be promptly crushed to death under the caged creature's foot.
>[Repulsive, disgusting pigs, all of them. They piss me off to no end...] it thinks in a feminine voice.

>"S-So that thing is the witch?" Sanae asks, [If it is, why did it kill its own familiar?]
>"Yes. There's no mistaking it." Mami nods, summoning two of her weapons, [It's only a matter of time before we're spotted.]
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #429 on: December 26, 2017, 03:17:53 AM »
>"It killed it's own familiar..."
>Be ready to attempt spellcard creation off Mami!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #430 on: December 26, 2017, 03:43:38 AM »
>"It killed it's own familiar..."

>"Maybe it didn't like it?" Sanae asks. [So she's as puzzled as I am.]
>"We can't say for certain why." says Kyubey

>Be ready to attempt spellcard creation off Mami!
>You get ready as Mami takes aim. Waiting for a gap to form in the swarm before firing off two shots in rapid succession at the witch.

>One shot get intercepted by a familiar mid-flight, while the other strikes the cage, prompting the witch to shift towards your direction.
>[Intruders...? Ah yes, I remember sensing something enter a little bit ago.] it thinks, [Perfect. I could use some entertainment. Now, I just need to make these idiots target them for a while instead of me... A contest. That will work. I'll tell them that whichever one of them brings me the intruders' heads can win my heart.]

>The witch lets out a shriek, prompting all the familiars to stop mid-flight and turn their attention towards the three of you. Soon, one begins a divebomb straight for your platform, and the others soon follow, blindly racing in an attempt to win the witch's affection.

>"Stay behind me." Mami orders, before summoning several dozen of her weapons, floating in the air, all of them aimed at the approaching swarm.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #431 on: December 26, 2017, 04:00:41 AM »
>Stay a "safe" distance behind Mami, just don't get too close to the back edge of the platform...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #432 on: December 26, 2017, 04:14:23 AM »
>Stay a "safe" distance behind Mami, just don't get too close to the back edge of the platform...
>You do so.
>Mami's guns fire rapidly in succession, creating a wall of projectiles that meets the incoming swarm, taking out a good portion of it. She then manifests a few more out of nowhere to deal with the stragglers.
>_

« Reply #433 on: December 27, 2017, 07:41:51 PM »
>Do we think we can replicate what Mami just did?
>How do we store attacks in blank spellcards? How long does it take?

>Keep watching the battle.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #434 on: December 27, 2017, 07:49:30 PM »
>Do we think we can replicate what Mami just did?
>How do we store attacks in blank spellcards? How long does it take?

>Keep watching the battle.
>Yes. It's fresh in both your mind and hers, you should be able to do so with little difficulty.

>You can store attacks in spellcards by holding the recollection card in question and simply willing it to hold the mimicked attack. The effect is almost instant.

>The familiars are almost completely gone. The witch starts stamping its feet in rage.
>[Useless idiots!] it fumes, [Can't they do anything right!?]

>Several bulges begin to form in the sky around the cage.
>_
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 07:51:55 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #435 on: December 28, 2017, 05:11:23 AM »
>We can replace attacks on recollection cards freely, yes? If so, make that attack into a spellcard.
>How many open cards do we have?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #436 on: December 28, 2017, 05:43:34 AM »
>We can replace attacks on recollection cards freely, yes? If so, make that attack into a spellcard.
>How many open cards do we have?
>Yes, you can wipe a card for reuse at any time.

>You covertly touch a blank spellcard and will the new attack to inscribe itself on it.
>New spellcard acquired:
>>Recollection: Tiro Volley
 >>>Summons a wall of muskets to fire on the enemy.

>You have 3 blank cards remaining.

>The sky bulges begin to "hatch" into more familiars as Mami takes the opportunity to land a few hits on the witch, causing it to bleed a bit. The cage begins glowing red as the witch gets even angrier.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #437 on: December 28, 2017, 05:57:03 AM »
>Aha, spell get. Even if danmaku doesn't work as well as hoped versus a witch (It'd probably be fine on weak familiars...?), we should be safe when copying magical girl attacks... probably?
>Continue watchin'.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #438 on: December 28, 2017, 06:51:39 AM »
>Aha, spell get. Even if danmaku doesn't work as well as hoped versus a witch (It'd probably be fine on weak familiars...?), we should be safe when copying magical girl attacks... probably?
>Continue watchin'.
>The witch stamps its feet one more time, and a shockwave erupts from the cage, carrying the red glow with it. It passes through all the familiars and immediately ignites them.
>[ALRIGHT, ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT! LET'S SEE HOW THEY HANDLE A LITTLE FIRE!] the witch thinks as it quivers in rage, before shrieking once more. The flaming familiars stop panicking and begin to rush your platform faster than the first wave.

>Mami fires upon one, causing it to detonate in a fiery explosion, which takes several others with it. [I definitely need to take these things out before they reach the platform. They'd be able to burn through any protective ribbons I set up.] she thinks as she summons more weapons and fires them, taking out several more groups with their own explosions.
>_

« Reply #439 on: December 28, 2017, 06:27:54 PM »
...This might be a long shot, but...
>Can we copy summoning familiars off the witch? If yes, what about its igniting shockwave?

>Can we use magic recorded in our spellcards without declaring them? (for instance, if Tiro Volley involves summoning a wall of muskets, can we summon a musket outside of it?)
>>If yes, can we do it willy-nilly or are there conditions like, for example, having to hold the spellcard in question in our hand?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #440 on: December 28, 2017, 09:58:12 PM »
...This might be a long shot, but...
>Can we copy summoning familiars off the witch? If yes, what about its igniting shockwave?

>Can we use magic recorded in our spellcards without declaring them? (for instance, if Tiro Volley involves summoning a wall of muskets, can we summon a musket outside of it?)
>>If yes, can we do it willy-nilly or are there conditions like, for example, having to hold the spellcard in question in our hand?
>You don't think you can copy familiar summoning... You could probably emulate familiars with danmaku, but they'd be glorified projectiles at that point.

>You actually could copy the shockwave if you wanted.

>Only when it's fresh in the mind of another. Otherwise you can only access those abilities by declaring the spellcard.

>Mami finishes off the second wave, sending the witch into another tantrum. [Now's my chance.] She thinks as ribbons begin to gather in the air near her.
>_

« Reply #441 on: December 28, 2017, 11:12:42 PM »
>For someone who's supposed to be a harbringer of disaster, that witch is sure acting like a spoiled child...
>Get ready to copy Mami's next attack.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #442 on: December 28, 2017, 11:33:43 PM »
>For someone who's supposed to be a harbringer of disaster, that witch is sure acting like a spoiled child...
>Get ready to copy Mami's next attack.
>This horror does have some personality, you'll give it that...
>The ribbons coalesce into the form of a very large firearm, which Mami grabs onto as more familiars begin to hatch. She quickly takes aim at the witch once more.
>"TIRO FINALE!"
>The weapon unleashes a powerful blast, which rips through the cage and pierces the witch through the middle. With a final cry, the creature goes limp.

>The platform begins to descend as the cage detaches from the ceiling and begins falling to the ground below.
>Mami's finisher is fresh in your mind. Copy it to a spellcard?
>_

« Reply #443 on: December 29, 2017, 02:44:32 AM »
>Go ahead.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #444 on: December 29, 2017, 02:55:38 AM »
>Go ahead.
>New spellcard acquired:
 >>Recollection: Tiro Finale
 >>>Summons a giant matchlock pistol that unleashes a devastating blast at the enemy.

>You have two blank cards remaining.

>The platform reaches the ground as the caged witch lands and explodes. A Grief Seed clatters to the ground where it once was moments later.
>"Are you two alright?" Mami asks as space begins to distort around your group. [They don't look hurt.]

>"F-Fine." Sanae replies, "That last attack was amazing, I have to admit." [She even called it out like this was some kind of anime.]
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #445 on: December 29, 2017, 05:04:54 AM »
>"That was definitely amazing."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #446 on: December 29, 2017, 06:13:52 AM »
>"That was definitely amazing."
>"Thank you." Mami replies as she picks up the Grief Seed. [I should probably explain what this is if they ask.]

>The barrier fades away, revealing the alleyway once more.
>"So... What's that?" Sanae asks [I know that we already know what that is, but she would probably expect two people who she assumes have no prior knowledge of the system to ask questions.]
>"Ah, yes." Mami nods, "This is a Grief Seed. It's a witch's egg."
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #447 on: December 29, 2017, 06:47:50 AM »
>"The witch looked more like a bird than like a plant."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #448 on: December 29, 2017, 07:07:01 AM »
>"The witch looked more like a bird than like a plant."
>Sanae snickers while Mami chuckles a bit.
>"Well, witches aren't plants, though some can be plant-like." Mami replies, [There's probably at least one out there that looks like a bird and a plant... Ah, I'm getting off-topic.]
>"'Seed', in this context, means 'cause' or 'origin'." Kyubey explains, "Since witches are creatures of despair, it makes sense to call that which spawns them a seed of grief."

>"I see..." Sanae nods, "So, is it dangerous?"
>Mami shakes her head, "Only if it's overused."
>"Overused...?" [I don't think Oriko mentioned this.]
>Mami nods, before transforming back into her normal attire and holding her now slightly darker soul gem in front of her, keeping the Grief Seed in the other hand. [I don't necessarily need to use it yet, but it would help to demonstrate.] "My soul gem looks duller than before, doesn't it?"
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #449 on: December 29, 2017, 03:57:02 PM »
>Nod. "It looks like it might be, just a bit..."