Author Topic: UEFA EURO 2016, anyone?  (Read 53053 times)

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Re: UEFA EURO 2016, anyone?
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2016, 05:52:51 PM »
Neuer is high on my list of favorite players.
He's done some spectacular saves in the second half against Slovakia too. Certainly overall also one of my favorite goalkeepers.

FULL TIME: Quarter-finals, here we come! Excited to know tomorrow which team among Italy and Spain the German team is gonna face.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »
Is it me, or are the goalline assistant referees completely useless? So many corner kicks missed today because these guys won't make a call.

Edit: darn, Hazard tearing the Hungarians apart by himself right before being substituted. What a pleasure to watch.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:38:23 PM by nav' »
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2016, 08:52:41 PM »
Holy hell, Belgium.

That was a pleasure to watch. (too bad Vermaelen won't play the upcoming match, due to a second yellow card in this tournament)

Next stop: Wales!

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2016, 09:59:25 AM »
COPA AMERICA HIJACK LOL

Messi ends his international football career as his Argentina fails to claim a major trophy once again. Chile defend the title! Yay!

COPA AMERICA HIJACK END

Now time for what might just be the best match of the tournament, Italy - Spain. Not going to lie, I've always found del Bosque's Spain to be quite annoying and nowhere near as enjoyable to watch as Barcelona for example, so I want Italy to win, and how. And who knows, maybe this is the point where we say goodbye to England as well? I'd love to see Iceland pull off a major surprise, especially after yesterday's underdogs were completely massacred.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2016, 10:03:15 AM »
England v. Iceland is still some nine hours away but Grapevine's Twitter is already in attack mode.

#ICELANDSMITES

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
Nothing will please me more than to see Spain knocked out of the Euros. Let someone else win the damn thing, please XD

As for Iceland v England... I don't care who goes through. If England win, then hey, we've got 2 home nations into the Quarter-Finals. If Iceland win, then I'll be backing them like I did with Turkey in 2008; because no one expected them to do as well as they did that year, and the same applies to Iceland for getting this far XD

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »
I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I'm all for a perennial powerhouse like Spain getting upset. On the other, I loathe the Italian MNT with a passion, more so than any other country's men's team by several kilometers.

Hopefully there'll a double disqualification or something.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Tengukami

« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »
Yeah Italy is annoying as hell. Any sort of punking or penalties against them is most welcome.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2016, 05:02:46 PM »
Going good so far, Spain can't do a single thing, Italy dominating and on the lead with a pretty much perfect performance all around. If this keeps up, we should totally be seeing something like yesterday's Hungary - Belgium game.

Edit: Spain's lucky they aren't losing like 0-3 now. Apparently del Bosque's answer to the Italian threat was bringing another tall forward in. What a puzzling solution, and not really doing them any good.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:21:49 PM by nav' »
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2016, 05:34:50 PM »
The Italian manager wants to be a player on the pitch it seems :V

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2016, 05:39:07 PM »
The Italian manager wants to be a player on the pitch it seems :V
I like his attitude. Tons of genuine emotions.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »
THE CHAMPIONS ARE OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTT!
2-0!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2016, 05:50:48 PM »
Wow goddamn Italy play style is so boring, but effective. 10-men massdef since 2nd half. 45 minutes of perma defending. Only the last 5 minutes stuff started happening due to slip ups from Italy side. They can thank their keeper for saving their asses four times. But yea, they finished Spain off with the 2-0. Gg wp I guess.

First half Spain was losing so many balls on mid-field. Those basic passes at short distance were inaccurate or completely missed. After the 1-0 Italy just pulled back, which is why Spain had the mid-field for themselves.

Tengukami

« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2016, 05:55:45 PM »
Yeah as much as I hate to admit it, Italy earned that one.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2016, 05:58:27 PM »
Wow goddamn Italy play style is so boring, but effective. 10-men massdef since 2nd half. 45 minutes of perma defending.
You're forgetting Eder's missed one-on-one and another chance where a low cross passed through like three Italian players, any of which could have easily kicked it in. The mass defending started a bit later on, around the 60 minute mark.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2016, 06:02:47 PM »
You're forgetting Eder's missed one-on-one and another chance where a low cross passed through like three Italian players, any of which could have easily kicked it in. The mass defending started a bit later on, around the 60 minute mark.
The keeper blocked that with his belly/crotch :V though he came out from his goal on time so I guess it is well done.

60' minute? It honestly started actually before even the first half ended. Slow ball play. Idling with throw-in etc. Lying on the floor randomly due to some weird gravity effect.

But yea, they won and that is all that counts.

Edit
This is btw the same style Italy had also used during World Cup 2014 and Euro Cup 2012 many times. Not surprised at all they would apply the same style here too. Except in 2012 they got wrecked by Spain.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:06:49 PM by Helepolis »

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2016, 06:07:43 PM »
60' minute? It honestly started actually before even the first half ended. Slow ball play. Idling with throw-in etc. Lying on the floor randomly due to some weird gravity effect.
I mean, playing in a defensive, slow and annoying manner is one thing, but they've had good offence and solid midfield control throughout most of the match too. The 60 minute mark was when they gave that up and focused on defense only.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2016, 06:08:45 PM »
Ah like that. Yea I can agree with that part.

@ Tengu,  yo man. Iceland vs England tonight. Not the easiest match up  :ohdear:  do your best!

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2016, 06:15:17 PM »
Saying this now, will be cheering on both to put on a good match. On one hand, England winning would be cool because, you know, it's home after all. However, I wouldn't be sad if Iceland won because, I mean, they've never got this far before. Think about how historic this would be for them; I would love that! XD

So yeah, whatever happens, here's to a good game of football... oh, and the huge task of facing France next game :V

Tengukami

« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »
Thanks! It's already pretty nuts right now. The streets are teeming with blue. I'll be watching from my friend's house.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2016, 06:19:31 PM »
Italy

Lying on the floor randomly due to some weird gravity effect.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Tengukami

« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2016, 06:31:22 PM »
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:58:07 PM by Tengukami »

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2016, 06:32:08 PM »
Italy defeated Spain. Italy got into the quarter-finals. The German team is gonna face Italy.

DAMN IT :getdown:

I'm reminded of the painful moments of Germany VS Italy in major tournaments (WC 2006 and Euro 2012, both semi-finals, in particular), where the Italians scored these damned last minute goals to kick out the German team all of a sudden (well, Super Mario Balotelli didn't score that type of goals though).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:44:16 PM by Jimmy »

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2016, 06:34:11 PM »
... Don't Germany have a pretty rotten record against Italy?

Also, wow Tengu! <3

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2016, 06:38:10 PM »
... Don't Germany have a pretty rotten record against Italy?
That's exactly what I meant. The statistics from the Germans' POV look absolutely terrifying.

But who knows, the team does have some fresh new faces (such as Kimmich, Draxler and Hector) who proved themselves to be quite good already, I still remain kinda pessimistic however.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:40:53 PM by Jimmy »

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2016, 07:06:01 PM »
3 minutes in, penalty for England!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

1-0!

Tengukami

« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2016, 07:06:54 PM »
4' Come on, Hannes. You're better than that.

5' Hahaha oh shit! Tiein' it up!

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2016, 07:07:34 PM »
AND IT'S 1-1!

Hollllllllllllllllllyyy crap! This is going to be one hell of a match! XD

Tengukami

« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2016, 07:09:57 PM »
Smite for smite!

BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/rvkgrapevine/status/747505123325280257

This makes me glad. Brexit jokes are required for as long as England stays in the tournament.

EDIT: OH GOD HERE WE GO
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:20:07 PM by Suwako Moriya »