Author Topic: It's The Most Zerkerful Time Of The Year! Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2016!  (Read 43243 times)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
So with everything settled, I can now tackle the Rift.

I have bought all accessories except one Hermes Sandals and one Coral Ring.

Team Dragoon - Berserker - Berserker - Black Mage

Any other things worth mentioning? I think this team is capable of taking out Exdeath and Shinryu, but what about Omega?
Omega has always been a headache in every game.

Oh yeah about the save file thing, turns out I still have a backup save, so I'm saved.
...That's a bad pun.

Omega's doable. Just refer to my strats about. You can use Dragoon to fight as well by Jumping with Trident, but it's only going to be about 2000ish damage. Still, it's something.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.

Can you say "Romeo's Ballad spam"? I think I can. He only ever got Delta Attack, Wave Cannon, and one Flame Thrower off.

EDIT:

And that's all she wrote. I could try Shinryu but I think I'll skip out on the Triple Crown. I feel more like starting a new run. Haven't tried it before, so I'll do it now: Chaos run go!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:19:15 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Run #2. Chaos 750

Finally got the Bard I'd been waiting to roll in a fiesta for a while now. Also a Dancer.

And I'll just roll all 4 for once and get it over with. Even though I usually wait until the crystal.

So Bard/Dancer/Chemist/Geomancer

Even though I'll have Geomancer of course, I'll still be ignoring it until I get to Earth Crystal since that's when it was rolled. So 4 Bards vs. Soul Cannon is going to be an issue.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:38:24 AM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Oh lord trying to get through Omega is a nightmare. ;_;

Edit: It is done. I abused the everloving fuck out of save states. It was the only way; it was like playing a visual novel where 4/5 choices kill you and delete your save otherwise. And it came down to the wire, only Lenna was unbanished by the end.

Again I would like to thank AxelRyman, because goddamn I wouldn't have figured this out on my own.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:45:06 AM by Purvis C. Tycoon »

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
Oh lord trying to get through Omega is a nightmare. ;_;

Edit: It is done. I abused the everloving fuck out of save states. It was the only way; it was like playing a visual novel where 4/5 choices kill you and delete your save otherwise. And it came down to the wire, only Lenna was unbanished by the end.

You do know that save stating mid battle is illegal right? This means you still don't legally beat Omega

...Not that Gilgabot cares anyway.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Well shitballs. Guess there won't be a triple crown this year, because fuck that is not happening naturally, given even a second's delay changes everything.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Well shitballs. Guess there won't be a triple crown this year, because fuck that is not happening naturally, given even a second's delay changes everything.
Do you happen to have the save file for your Omega fight? Not the Save State but the actual save?

Idea I just had was to use a video to show some of the strats in action for all the help threads I've made.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Haven't seen an extension like that before.

Which emulator are you running? If it's VBA then what version, since my VBA saves are either .sav for the save, or sgm for Save States

Edit: Nevermind, I just had to change it to .sav

Working on a video now!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:24:28 AM by Axel Ryman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
VBA 1.8

And that's weird, because I wasn't sure which the save thinger was, so I yanked out files from the folder then started the game to see which caused the saves to vanish. And .sgm didn't do it.  Here's the sgm too, though:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/3u1ktc817qvjy5c/2564%20-%20Final%20Fantasy%20V%20Advance%20%28U%29%28Independent%29.sg1.SGM?dl=0

EMULATORS ARE WEIRD.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:26:16 AM by Purvis C. Tycoon »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
"OK so Gilgabot went from being mean with Dancer and Geomancer to treating me decently with Ranger. What's my last job going to be?"

"...gg"

jester147

"OK so Gilgabot went from being mean with Dancer and Geomancer to treating me decently with Ranger. What's my last job going to be?"

"...gg"

Congratulations! Now go break the game!

Axel Ryman

• Fear me

I think Gilgabot has it out for me this year.

@Purvis C. Tycoon

I just realized I made a number of mistakes in my strategy for you. Instead of Magus Rod, Chicken Knife would be better for your Thundaga castings. At the same time, more levels would make this a bit more bearable so your Black Mage has a decent amount of HP. I recommend maybe 1850ish, closer to 2000 if possible, since this will let you get out more attacks better. Last but not least, instead of Sage's Surplice, you can just use Black Robe. I usually recommend Sages Surplice because of Silence from Rainbow Wind, but honestly, it's not that big a deal. It just means you can't spellcast for a while. Though every time I got hit by it, I never got hit with the Silence. Black Robe gives you some really good Magic Defense as well.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:17:50 PM by Axel Ryman »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Finally got my first job for my Chaos run. And it's... Bard. I guess I gotta face the music again.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Enjoy your party of Freelancers until then! Whips will be your best friend for Garula (1 for one) and Byblos (1 for each!). ...Well, okay, the chances of you not winding up with any post-black-chocobo classes until then are pretty slim, but hey you could get Beastmaster, and it would still kinda apply.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I can handle a party of Freelancers, plus I read Sulla's solo Freelancer guide forever ago since the run idea is pretty neat (one I want to do myself some day), so I know some of the tips and tricks for handling up to the Water Crystal and even up to the Fire Crystal if need be.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Honestly, Freelancing up to the Water Crystal is easier than it is with most of the Wind Crystal jobs anyway, esp. once you beat Magissa and get a bunch of gear you can't normally use yet. And all four characters can break rods if you need to on Magissa or Liquid Flame. Bard before it gets good songs is a downgrade :V:V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
...That reminds me, I completely forgot there was even a rod sitting around in Carwin that can totally be broken over Magissa's head. Well time to go grab that so I don't break my face just swinging Long Swords at her face all day. >_>;;;

EDIT: ...Or by the time I went up and down North Mountain three times, I end up getting another attack multiplier and doing it without the Frost Rod. Well that happened.

EDIT 2: Serela, you said something about not getting another post black chocobo job? Well, guess whose Water job was Ranger? Go on, guess.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:59:59 PM by Validon98 »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Speaking of breaking rods, I made the very horrifying realization that Time Magi don't actually get offensive spells until the second world. So, I have to rely on Rods and Flails for damage until Dancer becomes available. When I break a Frost/Flame/Thunder Rod, does it just hit a single foe or is it cast on all enemies at once?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Speaking of breaking rods, I made the very horrifying realization that Time Magi don't actually get offensive spells until the second world. So, I have to rely on Rods and Flails for damage until Dancer becomes available. When I break a Frost/Flame/Thunder Rod, does it just hit a single foe or is it cast on all enemies at once?

It's an all-enemies spell, but I don't think the usual group damage split happens with rods.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Axel: Yeah, I switched over to a Lamia Tiara to squeeze out a bit more mag defense, as well. I was wondering about silence, but it didn't seem like something worth risking.  What does the Chicken Knife do for Thundaga, though?

Also, I tried to use Carbuncle to get reflect, but I guess Omega can strip that out.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Axel: Yeah, I switched over to a Lamia Tiara to squeeze out a bit more mag defense, as well. I was wondering about silence, but it didn't seem like something worth risking.  What does the Chicken Knife do for Thundaga, though?

Also, I tried to use Carbuncle to get reflect, but I guess Omega can strip that out.

Chicken Knife gives a +5 Agility, which means you can get your turns in a bit faster. A Booster Thundaga would deal around 700-800 damage, which, at 1575 HP, is going to get you killed. Without the boost, you lose around 500, enough to survive a Wave Beam.

Reflect wears off over time when you cast it as a spell or summon Cabuncle. That's why reflect rings are more recommended since you don't have to waste a turn or 4 to recast it.

jester147

So my strat for Omega is this (BM only):

1. Axel Ryman's 2nd strat, 1st strat untested, but could be viable.
2. MAKE SURE YOU EQUIP CHICKEN KNIFE FIRST BEFORE FACING OMEGA
3. Immediately change to Wonder Wand and cast Shell
4. Reflect Thundaga
5. Omega should Wave Cannon
6. After a Wave Cannon and a move you should heal to above 50% hp, this should be easier with chemist's Pharmacology passive (which I don't have)
7. After Omega Wave Cannons Reflect Thundaga again, just watch out for your hp, you must have 50% after Omega makes another move
8. Rinse and repeat, and pray Omega doesn't use anything targeting your BM and Earthquake or Atomic Bomb. (Though with Shell Atomic Bomb shaves off ~1000HP)

Yet I still can't defeat Omega, because I lack Elixirs to survive when I count how much Thundaga I need to destroy Omega. A Thundaga Reflect shaves off ~4000HP while Omega has 55000, I need 14 casts of Thundaga, that means around 20 Elixirs needed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:12:05 PM by jester147 »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
So my strat for Omega is this (BM only):

1. Axel Ryman's 2nd strat, 1st strat untested, but could be viable.
2. MAKE SURE YOU EQUIP CHICKEN KNIFE FIRST BEFORE FACING OMEGA
3. Immediately change to Wonder Wand and cast Shell
4. Reflect Thundaga
5. Omega should Wave Cannon
6. After a Wave Cannon and a move you should heal to above 50% hp, this should be easier with chemist's Pharmacology passive (which I don't have)
7. After Omega Wave Cannons Reflect Thundaga again, just watch out for your hp, you must have 50% after Omega makes another move
8. Rinse and repeat, and pray Omega doesn't use anything targeting your BM and Earthquake or Atomic Bomb. (Though with Shell Atomic Bomb shaves off ~1000HP)

Yet I still can't defeat Omega, because I lack Elixirs to survive when I count how much Thundaga I need to destroy Omega. A Thundaga Reflect shaves off ~4000HP while Omega has 55000, I need 14 casts of Thundaga, that means around 20 Elixirs needed.

Keep in mind the damage from Flamethrower and Atomic Ray as well. They deal around 1000 damage, so make sure you have enough HP to survive that, and you're fast enough to get another turn to heal before Omega uses Wave Cannon.

You'll definitely need more Elixirs. 30 I say is the minimum but it also depends how many turns you're going through.

Oh and pray he doesn't use Atomic Ray often. That's about 4000 HP of a heal to Omega when it's reflected off your party.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Also if he does Encircle or Blaster, the whole thing goes to hell. He will do Encircle and/or Blaster. =[

I've got my Black Mage up to 2000 HPs, and that's really what's wrecking me now. That and Delta Attacks.

Oh, you can get Float on to deal with Earthquakes, though. But you need to go to North Mountain with a Dancing Dagger. Then you just have to pop a temptation tango on a Gaelicat and wait and hope.

jester147

I just consulted Sage Garlyle's book of success.

Omega has a cycle like most superbosses do (except Ozma from FFIX, I think?)

1 - Atomic Ray, Delta Attack, or Blaster (hope it's not Atomic Ray, it murders you on the very first turn, and hope the others doesn't target your BM either)
2 - Surge Beam (cast Thundaga)
3 - Rainbow Wind, Emission, or Atomic Ray (Elixir)
4 - Surge Beam (Thundaga)
5 - Two Actions in a row:
Delta Attack, Blaster, or Surge Beam (Hope it's not Surge Beam and hope it doesn't target your BM)
Maelstrom, Quake, or Rainbow Wind (If Maelstrom, Elixir, Quake is Game Over without Float, Hope the last thing don't hit your BM)
6 - "Targetting" (Turns attacks against itself next turn) (THUNDAGA)
7 - Rainbow Wind, Emission, or Atomic Ray (Elixir)
8 - Surge Beam (THUNDAGA)

Also if I use my Dragoon, then the BM can care less about Thundaga-ing the Dragoon, I just have to pray that Omega doesn't fuck the BM up...

Counters all damaging attacks with two actions; likely Rocket Punch but can also do Mustard Bomb or Circle (Just hope they don't target the BM)

EDIT: Nope, not doing Omega anymore, it's rage inducing.

EDIT2: I defeated Shinryu instead.

The trick for this is not using Coral Ring at all. Equip Hermes Sandals on all, then equip the Chicken Knife to BM for speed. Enter the battle, change to Wonder Wand w/ Berserk, hit him, and then pray that he misses a lot, with helpings of Phoenix Downs.

EDIT3: Neo Exdeath down.

Now should I start a new run or finish Omega, I'm towards the former.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:11:43 AM by jester147 »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
I've lost count of how many attempts I've made. I'm so tired. So very tired.

I wish I could survive maelstrom, but wave cannon's HP drain always makes it fatal ;_;

jester147

Going for Classic run now, bye Omega, you will never be touched unless I get OP jobs in the next run.

Thief, Monk, Black Mage, AND White Mage
Veeeeery nice, although I lament the lack of Knight.

...aaaaand I lost the previous run's save, although I still have a backup in that one. Me and my paranoid self, it's still there.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 03:55:31 PM by jester147 »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/745777835982323713

There's a new run type now. #RegPureChaos

It's like Chaos, only without duplicates.

jester147

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/745777835982323713

There's a new run type now. #RegPureChaos

It's like Chaos, only without duplicates.

So is this the secret command?