Author Topic: It's The Most Zerkerful Time Of The Year! Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2016!  (Read 43231 times)

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
You can, like, you know, change your avatar m8. Dancer Galuf has attracted you too many Dancers ( 'v ' )

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
O Great Axel Ryman please share us your quadzerker wisdom.
Not him, but I think the biggest bit of quadzerker wisdom is gained from taking a gander at Buttz' HP value  :V

Meanwhile I have Team Almost Totally Broken with Mystic Knight, Thief, Time Mage, and Chemist .  As ezmodo as that is 3 of those classes are dupes from prior years.  This might be the first Fiesta I do a second run just to !Mix it up  :V

jester147

Share us the wisdom of how to whack a mole with a bunch of neanderthals :'3

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Meanwhile I have Team Almost Totally Broken with Mystic Knight, Thief, Time Mage, and Chemist .  As ezmodo as that is 3 of those classes are dupes from prior years.  This might be the first Fiesta I do a second run just to !Mix it up  :V

I feel ya there. Blue Mage/Berserker/Bard/Geomancer is probably one of the best parties I've ever gotten, not counting the first year where I got almost practically that same team you have (I forget who I had instead of Time Mage), so I'm sure as hell giving this another run after.

Just made it to Drakenvale, on that note, after making good use of the usual Bal Castle Basement grinding just to get at least everything but Berserker done on everyone. Not like the job levels for my jobs give me a whole lot until later, but at least the money's good.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
O Great Axel Ryman please share us your quadzerker wisdom.

Here's an entire Reddit thread I made for Quadzerker

There you go :V

I don't recommend the GBA version for Quadzerker honestly.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Really, quadzerker is going to be a numbers game however you run it. It's just a matter of odds and how each version affects those odds.
Quote from: Others
Aw yeah! Team OP![/url]
Aw yeah go Team OP. It's just so nice to see things work out so well.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Finally updated my avatar. I did something different this year and reveal all my jobs beforehand before playing through the game. Why? Well, for one, I already completed two playthroughs the "regular" way (that is, reveal the jobs when you visit each Crystal), so I wanted to try something different. Second, I figure it'll be easier to plan my path through the game and skip what I don't need if I reveal my jobs instead of waiting to get the crystals. of course I now realize how silly that is since the jobs aren't that spread out over the course of the game whoops

Regardless, let's see what I'm gonna play with this time around!

Eeep. Not having access to a Wind Crystal job early on hurts a bit, but after that it should be mostly smooth sailing. I'll have to do quite a bit of grinding to get some Rods to smash over the heads of a few bosses, but once I get MK...Oh, that's when it gets fun. I always was a fan of magical weapon users, and having access to elemental weaknesses and Break Blade will make a lot of bosses a cakewalk. Geomancer...is a bit odd, but I'll have hazard protection and a few dungeon-specific spells to play with. Dancer will probably be my Chicken Knife user, MK will be my muscle and the others will be on spellcasting duty.

And yes, I am aware of the Quick/Poison Rod trick. I am not using it on the bonus bosses. That just completely ruins the challenge since all you literally have to do after casting the rod is wait. I dunno about you, but I'd like a more satisfying boss fight than that. :V I'd also have to wait quite a while to get a proper kill shot and that's dumb

I'll start my run tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Really, quadzerker is going to be a numbers game however you run it. It's just a matter of odds and how each version affects those odds.

Version makes a pretty big difference honestly.

jester147

IN YO FACE SANDWORM!!!! I got to lv 38 just for this one stupid worm!

EDIT: Got Black Mage for the last job, this will be smooth sailing.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:02:18 AM by jester147 »

As someone who has never played FF5 before, I heard it isn't too late to get started on this, and it also sounds like a perfectly good reason to try it out for the first time. Before I do that though, I did notice there are a number of versions of the game available... would any certain version be recommended for a new player, or might I be able to just pick up any of them and get started? (edit: might be relevant, I've played most of the series before, so I'm just new to FF5, not FF as a whole)

I guess I've got a bit more reading up to do, so I should get that down too.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
I like the GBA version because its translation is fun.

Also, I should feel bad for soloing Omniscient with Faris and a reflect ring, but I don't.

What I do feel is that Cid and Mid ungrading airships is one of the unsung treasures of the game, and it should be a screen saver.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Between SNES and GBA, I can think of these differences off the top of my head

Berserker is better in SNES because of a glitch that lets them deal silly damage instead of underwhelming.

In SNES, some bosses have dummy targets that attract the attacks that randomly target, such as all of Berserker's attacks and Meteor. If something targets these, you don't deal any damage.

In GBA, Beastmaster has an ability that doesn't work as described; instead, I think it is guaranteed to Stop anything that isn't immune to Stop (even a certain bonus boss!)

In SNES, Chemist can break any boss because one of their status affliction Mixes bypasses immunities to that status.

Blue Mage is a little stronger in GBA because Vampire deals damage equal to all your missing HP instead of just half.

In GBA, the Time spell "Mute" can trivialize (or make easier) a certain boss battle, while in SNES it's done with a well-timed Silence.

You can run away in GBA if all your living members are afflicted with Berserk. Pretty large one there.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
I'm going to recommend the GBA one as well. Also don't fret too much about the type of run you do too much. Once you have your jobs you can figure out how to make them work. There are a ton of strategies for every class out there.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Thanks for the input guys, looks like GBA it is for me. Think I'll be getting started somewhere within the next few days, can't wait to see what kind of craziness I end up with. But knowing my luck... haha, I only hope Gilgabot will be merciful. Well, I'm willing to take whatever is thrown at me.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Thanks for the input guys, looks like GBA it is for me. Think I'll be getting started somewhere within the next few days, can't wait to see what kind of craziness I end up with. But knowing my luck... haha, I only hope Gilgabot will be merciful. Well, I'm willing to take whatever is thrown at me.
My first FF5 clear was also my first Fiesta clear. I rolled Monk, Red Mage, Ranger, and Samurai. Not the best class lineup, but Ranger made it a bit easier thanks to RapidFire. So, as long as you do your research on the classes you get, you should be fine. You can always use the Job Fair if you dislike a particular class.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
>World 2 Exdeath
>Lands Level 2 Old and, later, Level 5 Death

...Wow, that is... kinda cheap. Hilarious, but cheap. Ah well.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
>World 2 Exdeath
>Lands Level 2 Old and, later, Level 5 Death

...Wow, that is... kinda cheap. Hilarious, but cheap. Ah well.
He's catching onto Death By Math. Everyone, adjust your levels accordingly!

I prepared in advance, level 29 is prime. :V

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
I prepared in advance, level 29 is prime. :V
Good on you! :D I think levels 27, 31, 33 and 37 also work since they aren't divisible by 2 or 5.

...Wait doesn't Exdeath have lv3 Flare and lv4 Gravity? o.o

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
...I think everyone misunderstood that I landed L2 Old and L5 Death on EXDEATH, not him on me. Lol

But yeah no he only has L3 Flare and L4 Gravity last time I checked. He does not have L2 Old and he DEFINITELY doesn't have L5 Death. :V

Naw I got ya, I know I at least was just kidding around. Don't death by math us. ;)

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Death by Math will be metted out to those who deserve it. Nobody doing the Fiesta does.

I wish I could Death by Math my enemies in NoR though but that's just wishful thinking, oh well. :V

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
I wonder if there is a legit way for me to scam Omega and/or Shinryu dead that doesn't involve a thousand and one resets?

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
I wonder if there is a legit way for me to scam Omega and/or Shinryu dead that doesn't involve a thousand and one resets?

What's your team? I remember Black Mage, so right there is your damage for Omega. And with the Wonder Wand from Fork Tower, you can Berserk Shinryu and make him easy :V

jester147

As I Fiesta-ing, I just realized I have overwritten my original save.

RIP everything I had there. Though to be honest I still haven't played the Advance Bonus Dungeon yet, so there's that.

Fiesta-ing also made me do the whole thing faster, so it's not quite a loss...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
What's your team? I remember Black Mage, so right there is your damage for Omega. And with the Wonder Wand from Fork Tower, you can Berserk Shinryu and make him easy :V

Black Mage, Two Knights, and a Thief; Classic.

Thing about Omega is I kinda need to abuse Firaga to even start to deal with the wave cannons.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Black Mage, Two Knights, and a Thief; Classic.

Thing about Omega is I kinda need to abuse Firaga to even start to deal with the wave cannons.

There's 2 methods I recommend for this one.

1: Put a Reflect Ring on your Black Mage, Thief, and 1 of your Knights. Have the other Knight with Hermes Sandals, Diamond Helmet, and Aegis Shield. Have Black Mage reflect Thundagas off your party while the others serve as Heal bots. Have Wonder Wand queued up to use Shell so you can reduce the damage from Thundaga on the Knight even further. The non-Hermes Sandal'd Knight and Thief can be Zombied to make this easier(Less healing items to use and health to watch), just make sure to unequip their weapons.

2: Zombie all 3 of Non-Black Mages while they have a Reflect Ring on, and give your Black Mage Hermes Sandals, Sages Surplice, and a Thunder/Magus Rod. Same as the previous strat, queue up Shell and put it on your Black Mage, to help reduce a lot of the damage they may take.  Keep an eye on your HP when doing this and only reflect Thundaga off your party when you are certain you'll be alive when your next turn comes up so you can heal.

Bring plenty of Hi Potions and Elixirs for both strats.

I more recommend Strategy 2 since I've had more success with that one than one. It's not a fun strategy, but it's your best bet for surviving Omega.

For Shinryu, put your party into Critical HP, except 1 Knight, use Wonder Wand to cast Berserk on Shinryu, and have your Non-Critical Knight use Guard to negate all the physical damage from Shinryu. Have fun murdering him after that.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
That's Shinryu down, thank you Axel!

As for Omega Stat 2, how many elixirs do you recommend? I have about 30 right now. Also, where's a good place to get zombied?

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
30 should be enough.

So for your other 3 characters, make sure they have no weapons and a Reflect Ring on. Get them killed off and fight the Sword Dancers in the Dimensional Castle. They cast Dance Macabre on a dead party member to turn them into a zombie.

jester147

So with everything settled, I can now tackle the Rift.

I have bought all accessories except one Hermes Sandals and one Coral Ring.

Team Dragoon - Berserker - Berserker - Black Mage

Any other things worth mentioning? I think this team is capable of taking out Exdeath and Shinryu, but what about Omega?
Omega has always been a headache in every game.

Oh yeah about the save file thing, turns out I still have a backup save, so I'm saved.
...That's a bad pun.