Author Topic: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (The Last Stand) (Contains Lots of Images)  (Read 40715 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
I can understand Dorian hammering himself after getting counterclaimed by the mod. 
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
gg wp.

I have been following this game past D2 some what. Not specific reading all cases/posts but Darkninja gave too much of a scum vibe before he replaced out. I was expecting Dan not to get shot and left over. Because if I was scum, I too would leave Dan alive because of the note somewhere if Selery was town Dan would be next lynch. Also Ninja went extreme-tunnel on Selery during his wagon which made it feel bit like: "Are you serious?" (But I am mafia noob so what would I know)

BT taking over sounded almost as he was pushing too hard on Ninja being town which felt for me scummy. Especially all the meta-analysis and "In your past game you did X  Y Z " made it all even more weird for me as outsider. I was hoping Conq would vote BT first then expecting BT to counter vote Conq so Dan would be left in the middle (Him expecting to be town was confirmed). Though didn't suspect Conq at all so strong plays for sure.

I do want to note that I definitely did not like Neko's attitude or game management. I have no idea what happened behind the screens but I felt bit iffy/annoyed while seeing his posts. If this wasn't your intention, it was giving off that vibe. Lack of vote-counts and lack of timers made it even for an outsider/observer like me, very annoying and tiring to read and to understand where everybody was.

Then again the dropping out / replacing was also a huge mess. I think the game felt like a drag. Or is this feeling wrong?
Yeah, it's just, like...
-My work hours literally tripled after the game started, making work really stressful and making managing the game feeling a lot more like a chore.
-One of my jobs is extremely frustrating by virtue of being a shitty job in general, and it's the one I get to experience before I get a chance to look at the game thread each day.
-Having to deal with a slot that got screwed by virtue of having the player just leave for no discernible reason is hard, especially when I don't have an indicator of if the player is actually coming back.
-I can't have a duo slot posting in thread because it's just annoying to read for other people, so I have to actually replace him in if he has to post.
-I can't have a hydra account for them because the admins said no, so there's no hope for having him take over until I can just guess Bard wasn't coming back
-It was a rule I made clear multiple times, long before the game started, long before I even started taking signups, and I thought I had made extremely clear which part of the role PM you could and couldn't use in thread.
-He asked about it and I even told him it was a flavor part of the fake claim, earlier in the game

Admittedly I kind of unleashed some pent up frustration out on the whole ordeal, but, like, I just don't understand how it could have happened outside of total ignorance. I had fairly good reason to keep the flavor of the PMs under wraps, and outing it is just like the same thing as posting a quoted part of the role. If the players had played Game The Flavor it would have just devolved into an utter trainwreck and I really wanted to prevent it from occurring, and punish it hard if I saw it. Sky's reaction only exacerbated my frustration-venting, especially when he took it into the game thread itself. Not that I'm blaming sky for me blowing a gasket, but trying to use the modvote to 'confirm' his role made me pretty angry too.

After that happened, for awhile I just stopped wanting to look at the game, since it just made me feel moodier, and my desire to continue modding the game properly took a pretty big dip. I didn't have any co-mods helping me either so I couldn't rely on anyone else to back me up.

I can understand Dorian hammering himself after getting counterclaimed by the mod.
What the fuck?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:53:16 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Sorry for flaking and disappearing. Had to deal with a mistaken eviction nonsense thing and that kind of commanded my full and undivided attention. :D

Props to Sky Pal for picking up after me and Conqueror for winning. I never realised I could post in the scum QT because it was the dead QT.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
A Co-mod would've been definitely an important factor which was missing. It would save you the trouble, which I already also seen in the QT, a stressful RL. Not sure if I would encourage people to host complex games when RL is a mess/trouble. Especially without a co-mod. Careful consideration needs to be done for that but I am sure (or hope) lessons were learned.

In the end, it is indeed all a game.

I never realised I could post in the scum QT because it was the dead QT.
I was told I couldn't  :X sucks about eviction that's crazy.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
A Co-mod would've been definitely an important factor which was missing. It would save you the trouble, which I already also seen in the QT, a stressful RL. Not sure if I would encourage people to host complex games when RL is a mess/trouble. Especially without a co-mod. Careful consideration needs to be done for that but I am sure (or hope) lessons were learned.

In the end, it is indeed all a game.
My work didn't triple (and I didn't expect it) until after the game started, so I didn't really have a way to predict it.
I thought I had comods but Elieson (who I planned to be my comod) wasn't around on here, and I didn't really want to go out of the way to bug him on SF to come back for it. I asked Prims to help keep tabs on hammervotes but I never ended up really needing him for that either.
Sorry for flaking and disappearing. Had to deal with a mistaken eviction nonsense thing and that kind of commanded my full and undivided attention. :D

Props to Sky Pal for picking up after me and Conqueror for winning. I never realised I could post in the scum QT because it was the dead QT.
Scum QT wasn't intended to be a dead QT, and indeed dead scum were supposed to be barred from posting on it, but dead people shenanigans caused my actual dead QT to never actually get any use. I forgot to link it to further dead people after D1 because of the formentioned "workload increase"
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
I was told I couldn't  :X sucks about eviction that's crazy.

They got the wrong person. Financial administration clicked wrongly and pulled the wrong name and address, I faithfully pay all my bills!

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
What the fuck?

Well if it had happened to me, I would have been extremely irritated and disheartened in the game.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Well if it had happened to me, I would have been extremely irritated and disheartened in the game.
When did this happen to Dorian?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:34:00 PM by NekoNekoRex »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
@ Oarfish, I thought Dorian self hammered because of the "depressed / powerless" feeling due to the wagon. Reminded me of my one Mafia game when I did that and people told me too: Never self hammer.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Was that the kyuubey game? >>

I think not hammering is a little different when the day is at deadline and it'll be a no-lynch otherwise
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Was that the kyuubey game? >>
Yea I think it was Darker than Dark Darkest very Dark.

I think not hammering is a little different when the day is at deadline and it'll be a no-lynch otherwise
afaik there was some time left.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
actually you hammered yourself a little bit -after- deadline hit :V I remember because I was scum and I was "aww" when the mod counted it anyway ;_; But I understood, because no lynches are lame
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Oh no I meant for the current game that Dorian self-hammered while there was plenty of time left.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
When did this happen to Dorian?
:V I didn't read the QTs, what DID happen with Sky's fakeclaim? Even if the line doesn't say "there is no rebel jailkeeper, not by a one shot, not even a one-shot", it's a bad fakeclaim to give mafia when they have no reason to doubt it.

Oh and about subbing Bard out, IMO deciding that players will be subbed out after X hours no matter what and sticking to it is best. If you start tailoring that time to the player being subbed out it risks revealing information about the player's slot.

Other than that... I thought I'd give you some thanks for hosting. You do good flavor!

BT taking over sounded almost as he was pushing too hard on Ninja being town which felt for me scummy. Especially all the meta-analysis and "In your past game you did X  Y Z " made it all even more weird for me as outsider. I was hoping Conq would vote BT first then expecting BT to counter vote Conq so Dan would be left in the middle (Him expecting to be town was confirmed). Though didn't suspect Conq at all so strong plays for sure.
It probably says something when it never occurred to me that I was even using """meta""". We usually call it meta when someone goes overboard and bases most of their read off of it, but yeah, we use meta a lot. It's kind of a given when it's the same players all the time.

I dunno was really strange to me how people were cleared for Effort (a completely pointless reason since Scum can put effort in) seems apathetic to me and both the Meta cases that were present this game....
Uh, recently, scumteams here have turned on the lurk to 11. I speak as part of the problem. So I think it's great that we prioritize effort like this, or else we'd justify lurking even more.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
With Sky's claim, he claimed something that was in the flavor part of his role in thread. I only noticed during my lunch break after my shitty job.

People were asking if I was going to do something about it, so I felt obligated to give a punishment that wasnt gamebreaking since Modkills Are Bad.

189 in the scum qt was me ragging on him for it, but the responses I got made me snap because I felt like nobody was paying attention to anything I had set up so far, which is maddening after working a job where nobody listens to me or things I need to work.

Initially I tried to calm down but then when I saw the post with sky trying to use it to modconfirm I just exploded, it felt like I was being punched in the gut.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Phone is being weird about posts.

Anyway I regret the tirade. Getting ignored or harassed is a hot button issue for me right now due to work.

Besided that modding the gamw was interested when I wasnt getting a migrane over it. Writing all the flavor was fun too.

Uh, recently, scumteams here have turned on the lurk to 11. I speak as part of the problem. So I think it's great that we prioritize effort like this, or else we'd justify lurking even more.
Yea I noticed that Re:Policy lynches of New Players/Lurkers not being shot down but i'm not sure if this is the place to discuss why that's a bad idea because you should just shoot them in the face at night.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
It's easy to say "you should shoot them in the face at night" but a lot of setups don't have any non-scum killing roles, and when they're present it's usually a one-shot.

We don't policy lynch new players, though, that's silly.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
@ Oarfish, I thought Dorian self hammered because of the "depressed / powerless" feeling due to the wagon. Reminded me of my one Mafia game when I did that and people told me too: Never self hammer.
Not really, I self hammered because the outcome of the day was already set in stone, so I just took the liberty to take it to it's consequent conclusion.
By the way, if you get upset about a day ending early then don't put someone at L-1 half way into the day, cause that's just crying about something you encouraged to happen. <_<

But now to more pleasant things. Our (Anti) Hero of the day, I guess it's already thing to fool a bunch of townnys along as Conq did here but to bring a new player that entered LyLo with a supposedly clear mind to think the same way everyone else did so far is really an achievement. So congratulation.^.^/
Also, I found it hilarious how your view switched from me, the guy with still only one scumgame on his own where he even rather bussed himself than his buddys, had the nervous and ambitions to come up with a ?scheme to crossbus for cred? to busing happy Serela, with god knows how many games of scum experience, who couldn't ?really afford to lose another (scum) player??
Gosh Conq!
Read my scum game Conq!
Gosh Conq!

And now to who I see as towns (Tragic) Hero, it may be that his lessened presence overplays it a bit but I still remember how frightening clear and accurate Dans read were this game,  predicting 2 out of 3 scum from almost the beginning. It's only to bad that we couldn't be town buddys for the whole game, ^^; still thanks for your help.^^

And before I forget it.
@Patorikku: I think you played well but it can't hurt if you put a bit more emphasis on your own points. It may be just me or the circumstances but I remember you more agreeing with others than putting your own ideas to work.
Which would be a too bad, cause I think that your idea of partly claiming one thing after another to keep town turned was better than my ?lets give myself an alibi for ED2/Night2? idea.
I shall remember that, next time.^^

Yea I noticed that Re:Policy lynches of New Players/Lurkers not being shot down but i'm not sure if this is the place to discuss why that's a bad idea because you should just shoot them in the face at night.
I guess it wasn't shoot down because no one took DNA serious at that moment.^^;
But yes, Serela is right, ?leave the questionable player to the Vig that may or may not even exist this game? isn't a working approach here.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

I didn't read this game but good job Conq I knew you could do it as long as town didn't lynch you for being alive in 3p LYLO

but a lot of setups don't have any non-scum killing roles, and when they're present it's usually a one-shot.
How strange.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
This loss is also mine and SB's fault! Gulting Conq into rolling us, represent!

I TRIED TO MURDER HIM OKAY BUT IT DIDN'T WORK AND THEN I WAFFLED

Also Serela was confirmed town from the moment I died since the SMYLO announcement appeared but nobody noticed that :V

But yeah I played like crap this game so sorry about that.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Heal Bombs: Heal Bombs are an interesting combination of Engi nanomachine and ion burst technology, allowing you to stun and heal the crew of a ship at the same time. While your ship currently does not have the missile supply to actually use Heal Bombs, you know that the Rebels do not have access to them either.
These abilities only work during the Scrapping Cycle, but you may only use one at a time.

tldr you're Federation-Aligned, QT link is above. You're a Federation Roleblocker. You can safely fakeclaim as a Rebel Odd Night Jailer, if you do not desire to claim Roleblocker.

While your ship currently does not have the missile supply to actually use Heal Bombs, you know that the Rebels do not have access to them either.
I can only see two ways to interpret this statement.
1: Rebels do not have jailing capability.
2: Rebels do not have missiles.

1 is wrong, and 2 relies on flavor ...

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
I can only see two ways to interpret this statement.
1: Rebels do not have jailing capability.
2: Rebels do not have missiles.

1 is wrong, and 2 relies on flavor ...
Well if you'd read any of my QTs, I point it out as a mistake resulting from last-minute setup changes.

And as people point out, Dorian wasn't lynched for a 'scum counterclaim'.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
that's the only reason I would have lynched him.

Don't lynch me.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
So, you're saying it's a mistake that might have been caught if someone else had looked over your setup after you finished it?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
So, you're saying it's a mistake that might have been caught if someone else had looked over your setup after you finished it?
I had three bloody people check it over?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
and what did they say about it?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Well Elieson helped me do some balancing early in the setup, Prims was responsible for the last-minute changes, like turning Shadoweh from a BP Bodyguard to a 1-Save Doc (Or a Bodyguard who can't use BP on himself, it was essentially the same role in essence), among other things, and it forced me to change the fakeclaim into something less Doctory.

Pretty sure I had at least one other person from SF look at it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:35:20 AM by NekoNekoRex »