Author Topic: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (The Last Stand) (Contains Lots of Images)  (Read 40317 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (The Last Stand)
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2015, 02:48:46 AM »

Conqueror, Shalako, Bardiche, and Skypaladin have defeated the Rebel Alliance and saved the Federation!
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2015, 03:04:25 AM »
Role Assignments (Condensed)
[Crystal] Bravais: Crystal Vengeance: -Serela
[Lanius] Kruos: Assiliation: 1-Shot Universal Backup: -Zak
[Mantis] The Basilisk : Boarding: 1-Shot Vig: -Murrin Patorikku
[Pirate] The Nesasio: Cloaking: 1xCommute: -Dormio ActionDan
[Rebel] Auto-Scout: AI: Tracker: -Raitaki
[Rebel] Elite Rebel Fighter: Fucking Rebels: JOAT: -Dorian
[Rebel] Rebel Rigger: Drones: Advanced Colorbomb: -DNA BT
[Rock] Bulwark: Rock Plating: 1-Save Doctor: -Shadoweh
[Slug] Ariolimax: Mind Control: Hijacker: -SB

[Zoltan] The Adjudicator: Super Shields: 1-Shot Governor: -Shalako
[Engi] The Torus: Ions: Roleblocker: -Bardiche ft. Skypal
[Federation] The Kestrel: Gimmickless: Ninja, Sensors: Roleclop: -Conq

Mod QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/mYxXXY9qJPr
Scum QT: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/8jifHy4PVgf

=========
Sector 1 Actions:
-Darkninja (Drones): Send attack drones to Conq
-Serela (Vengeful): Idle
-Shadoweh (Doctor): Defend Conq
-SB (Hijacker): Redirect Dorian to ActionDan
-Raitaki (Tracker): Track Shalako (Blocked)
-Dorian (JOAT): ASB with ActionDan

-Conq (Roleclop): Scan Shadoweh
-Bard (Roleblock): Block Raitaki
-Shalako (Nightkill): Kill SB

===========
Sector 2 Actions:
Doriam (JOAT): Global Nighttalk

Raitaki (Tracker): Track Shadoweh
Shadoweh (Bodyguard): Defend ActionDan
Pakkitoru (Vig): Vig Shalako

Skypal (Roleblock): Ion Dan
Shalako (NightKill): Kill Raitaki
Conqurer (Roleclop): Scan Murrin
Conquror (Drones): Move Drones to Shalako [Drones destroyed]

DNA (Drones): Produce new Defense Drones

======================
Sector 3 Actions:

Darkninja (Drones): Send Attack Drones to ActionDan (Failed)
ActionDan (Commuter): Commute
Shadoweh (Bodyguard): Defend Patorikku
Serela (Vengeful): Target ActionDan (Failed)
Dorian (JOAT): Jail Patorikku

Conqueror (Roleclop): Scan ActionDan (Failed)

=========================
Sector 4 Actions:

Serela (Vengeful): Target Conqueror
Shadoweh (Bodyguard): Defend Conqueror

Conqueror (NightKill): Kill Shadoweh

==================
Sector 5 Actions:

Conqueror (Nightkill): Kill Patorikku

=========
Fun fact: The endgame screenshots were all made in a single attempt in FTL (in Normal mode) with The Kestrel A.
Almost all the screenshots were gotten exclusively by playing the game (although most were just suiciding a ship, and a couple were retrieved from the internet because I haven't bothered to unlock them all)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:06:56 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2015, 03:06:30 AM »
This is sent using bloody expensive roaming data which costed me eight dollars or something because nnr picture spam

Fuck everything
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
conq is getting added to my "even if I think they're super town they might be tricking me" list with hw
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
Damnit, someone even SAID earlier that Conq had a really convincing scum game! Doesn't really help me, knowing I was already hyper-focused on the scummiest-looking at the time and basically towncleared him from D3...

Actually, if you guys don't mind me asking, how'd I fare this game, aside from the tinfoil hat moments? It's technically my first time playing forum mafia, and while I've played EpicMafia plenty of times, (it's basically a real-time browser-based mafia with a lot of standardized setups and whatnot for the unfamiliar) I was fairly certain the meta here would be vastly different. I know I basically snapped by the end of D5, so I dunno... General improvement pointers?

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
I mostly skimmed the game since I was busy the whole time with work, but you seemed to hold yourself pretty well. Using your vig shot on Shalako was pretty good thinking, as well. I would have been a bit disappointed had you not done that, since town seemed to think he was unkillable during the day phase for ???some reason??? because apparently my setups are that broken.

>What do you think of putting all the chips on you to win the game?
Even if I'm the most likely person to survive to the endgame, I have a history of fucking up LYLOs as scum and losing, so I dunno.
Big hand for Conq pulling of the solo man

I already know from what I skimmed of this page that Shalako is a seriously try-hard newbie and would deserve a medal if he's scum (patent pending for later drop-off).

Actually, if you guys don't mind me asking, how'd I fare this game, aside from the tinfoil hat moments? It's technically my first time playing forum mafia, and while I've played EpicMafia plenty of times, (it's basically a real-time browser-based mafia with a lot of standardized setups and whatnot for the unfamiliar) I was fairly certain the meta here would be vastly different. I know I basically snapped by the end of D5, so I dunno... General improvement pointers?
Like Town of Salem? Those are way shorter games ain't they? I just assumed you were another regular here so that's a good sign.

RE: Double Jailer debacle I saw Neko was concerned about skimming over the Mod thread.
I don't think it's anything to worry about, you warned everybody about Red Herrings &  Mod-Gaming and such and it's not like having 2 of the same roles isn't unheard of.
I wanted to say this in the Mafia Thread/Dead thread but couldn't but i've literally seen someone lynched for having their Role written by a 10-year old girl
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:46:37 AM by Shalako »

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
also, credit where its due, I too had to agree conqs scumgame was really convincing. Plus I was feeling (and by extension the majority of town) very apathetic after the scums who weren't really playing or engaging the playerbase got lynched and it felt like the game just fell apart from that point. The lynch on shalako was gratifying because he's adopting a shitty aggravating playstyle of which I was personally a victim of, but other than that he's just...really, average, I suppose?

I don't like sky ps scumgame. It felt more like a chore to lynch him because roles/priorities than we besting hI'm logically.

That, Conq has played wonderfully all along. I barely had any suspicion on him until the last day when we had to read through the game again. And he tripped over his initial townclear on me for effort to suspecting me for scum for the same reason which was what sky p also did.

Nnr buddies scumfolks way too much. I mean its fine to have a nice chat and all, but I think allowing even dead people to chip in takes away alot of the pressure as being lonely scum on their last stand.  I also personally believe a vital part of the challenge being scum is despite having more information than town, there's still a degree of uncertainty which would discourage more daring plays. The confirmed workable fakeclaims would have been very powerful if the other scums had taken advantage of it as Conq did, and completely screw with rolegaming in such a role intense setup

Anyway, enough of me being salty, congrads to Conq for reversing his scum lylo record, I probably wouldve instant voted Dan to game over it without even caring because before I subbed out as I was very done with such a tiring and dissatisfying cause. and I was very lonely gamewise since I know nobody appreciates people being pushy.

Personal town MVP:  patrorikku
your play was fantastic, and your decision to shoot shalako to reveal otherwise hard to obtain information was very valuable.

I dunno what I disliked most about town play. Dorians selfhammer, serelas backwards forwards and finally backwards decision to use his vengekill, or just Dan being Dan. I would probably pick me not bothering to reread people(ie Conq) and basically trying to end the game asap since d3 as the shittiest play though, since I cost us the major advantage we had and just wordspammed people to death. I had a work trip and the game just lasted way longer (and later) then I expected, so yeah, sorry about that.

Ggwp everyone

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Congratulations
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
both town and scum played well

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

kind of one of those actual "good games" you hear about.

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Since shalako brought it up, I will note that funnily every townread shadoweh had this game turned to be scumslots, except serela.

So serela x shadoweh otp confirmed?

ActionDan

There was one point in lylo after I thought BT seemed way to crazy where I wrote:

"Fuck it: ##Target: Conq"

But just didn't send it, because I couldn't

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
I am also going to rack up crazy expensive internet bills if I don't hold my tongue now, so later buds

Nnr buddies scumfolks way too much. I mean its fine to have a nice chat and all, but I think allowing even dead people to chip in takes away alot of the pressure as being lonely scum on their last stand.
What are you talking about?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Also, I don't care no more about the money, but thank you BT for picking up my slack and breathing new life into the game. It was wonderful to have you here. Thank you.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
There was one point in lylo after I thought BT seemed way to crazy where I wrote:

"Fuck it: ##Target: Conq"

I suspected you might do this. I even outlined in the scum QT how I would lose after BT decided you'd be too crazy to do that as scum. :V

Anyway, good game all around.

DNA: That was a fuckup after NNR sent the dead town the scum QT. I can assure you that I felt tons of pressure as scum on the last stand regardless, and I just realized that my poor scumbuddies had no dead qt to troll afterwards.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

@Patorikku You did fine, you posted well and used your role well.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
wow

Th..that's right, scum ultrabussing is weird. Off the top of my head, things I noticed in the game but obviously didn't convince me -
1) The SB kill
2) Reluctance to post
3) Cop/Roleclop similarities
4) Not actually analyzing that much (not reading DNA etc.)

Though that's like, nah, even Conq's posts in LYLO were really good. Like, basically making good posts on the fly to make it look like you're rereading the thread but nope. :V  Sorry Dan, I shouldn't have tunneled on you as relatively quickly as I did.

Uh, so no graveyard?

Conqueror

The graveyard is the scum qt. :v

Conqueror

I actually did reread the thread, it's just that I fudged my conclusions.

Edit: although I didn't bother reading dna's posts beyond a skim because I just couldn't

ActionDan

My personal town MVP is Dorian

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
I didn'tt think Dorian was scum by the end of that day, but by then I was like fuck it, I was wrong about everyone else so..
Yes, you deserve a medal in my books Shalako, you had me completely fooled. :(
Funny thing, I was suspicious of Conq ever since the SB kill, but had no way to say it because Conq is just so Absolutely Fabulous.
This loss is also mine and SB's fault! Gulting Conq into rolling us, represent!
That and being at camp didn't help. They promised me it would have full wifi and yet..

Congrats to everyone, I can't even be mad at BT and Dan, they just kept up the same train of thought everyone else did. It was a good game on all sides.
Patchydude should stay because I thought you were town's best hope at the time.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Good game. Conq did quite well, every time someone mentioned him doing something scummy and I looked at him it still looked like excusable town behaviour and better than the other options at hand. As for Shalako, well, he actually did well most of the time I guess? It was really hard to decide most of the time, though LD2 I guess I became sold because it felt like he was appeasing too hard? Not sure about Shalako as a town player, but he might become pretty convincing scum if he figures out how to support a forced suspicion. Honestly I didn't have a good scumread on anyone D2 so I had to force cases against Shadoweh and Shalako.

Fun fact: When I saw the thread come up I was like "haha let's pretend to be an AI" just for kicks. Then next morning I opened my email and saw an MoTK PM notification telling me I got the auto-scout and I was like wow holy shit the luck. Then I saw another one above it titled "WARNING" and I went oh.

Also just wondering did you guys at scum inc. figure out I was an investigative role? When D2 started I claimed roleblocked and immediately went like "wait shit what if only roles with results get notified". Then I think I acted pretty PR-y N2 too. I roll scum/non-PRs too often. Pretending to not be an important PR is hard.

Also was I the only one not invited to the scum qt party ;_;
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

ActionDan

Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (Sector 6 , Combat Cycle)
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2015, 06:05:49 AM »
My opinion was that the only possibility was conq being a Roleclop to warrant conq being given a cop fake claim (see sky's jailer fakeclaim) furthermore I'd have suspected him of using that on shadoweh so he'd have known he could safely fake a result on her.  But if so, Shadoweh dying N3 would have happened in all probability.

As for his play it's been strong everywhere you look.

I cri evrytim

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
I will say though that the argument Neko was having with Sky P in thread, which appears to be bleed-out from the Mafia QT, was very not good. It was not hard to infer that you were mad that people might take your actions as mod-confirming the fakeclaim, but wow did Sky P not deserve you going on a barrage in him in the Mafia QT.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

Also just wondering did you guys at scum inc. figure out I was an investigative role? When D2 started I claimed roleblocked and immediately went like "wait shit what if only roles with results get notified".
No, but we knew there was a tracker and since you had a night action you had a good chance of being said tracker.
Plus I mistook your RVS vote as a crumb.

Edit: Actually just by role POE we had either you, Dan, or Serela as the tracker by N2.

I think half the players got the dead qt and half the players didnt judging by who showed up.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:30:32 AM by Conqueror »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
gg wp.

I have been following this game past D2 some what. Not specific reading all cases/posts but Darkninja gave too much of a scum vibe before he replaced out. I was expecting Dan not to get shot and left over. Because if I was scum, I too would leave Dan alive because of the note somewhere if Selery was town Dan would be next lynch. Also Ninja went extreme-tunnel on Selery during his wagon which made it feel bit like: "Are you serious?" (But I am mafia noob so what would I know)

BT taking over sounded almost as he was pushing too hard on Ninja being town which felt for me scummy. Especially all the meta-analysis and "In your past game you did X  Y Z " made it all even more weird for me as outsider. I was hoping Conq would vote BT first then expecting BT to counter vote Conq so Dan would be left in the middle (Him expecting to be town was confirmed). Though didn't suspect Conq at all so strong plays for sure.

I do want to note that I definitely did not like Neko's attitude or game management. I have no idea what happened behind the screens but I felt bit iffy/annoyed while seeing his posts. If this wasn't your intention, it was giving off that vibe. Lack of vote-counts and lack of timers made it even for an outsider/observer like me, very annoying and tiring to read and to understand where everybody was.

Then again the dropping out / replacing was also a huge mess. I think the game felt like a drag. Or is this feeling wrong?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Ok after reading the QT the iffy-vibe has been confirmed. That is a bit disappointing to witness. #189 was totally unnecessary imo. Especially as there seems to be a genuine confusion and as result slip up.

I think the game felt like a drag. Or is this feeling wrong?
I dunno was really strange to me how people were cleared for Effort (a completely pointless reason since Scum can put effort in) seems apathetic to me and both the Meta cases that were present this game...
Like people not being bothered to read any of DNA's walls is nuts to me. My mentor was one of his "type" of players but she was less...abrasive for no reason and more concise and she could rally the Town. She still bulldog'd but she'd be right at least and able to swing people around to her side instead of wasting time until the Deadline.
DNA just kinda...Deadlocks onto a target then becomes insulting for no reason, i'd hoped it'd be just in game but I guess not~.

Nekos warnings were fine, I don't think me or DNA were being mean to each other or at least are capable of laughing it off but I can see why a Mod wouldn't want that in the game.
I think Neko also got swamped irl Re: Votecounts

Having pretty much 2 scum kinda was rough but I understand Sky Pally and Mr.Bard had irl things happen.
I dunno kinda rambling :3
//
Re #189/Sky Claiming Flavor I didn't really understand it, but i've never been in a game that has flavor you can't talk about/ rampantly speculate about to the detriment of the town most of the time.
I understand No talking about flavor in game was because of the amount of Flavor in the Role PMs or something?

1It was really hard to decide most of the time, though LD2 I guess I became sold because it felt like he was appeasing too hard? Not sure about Shalako as a town player, but he might become pretty convincing scum if he figures out how to support a forced suspicion.

2Also just wondering did you guys at scum inc. figure out I was an investigative role? When D2 started I claimed roleblocked and immediately went like "wait shit what if only roles with results get notified". Then I think I acted pretty PR-y N2 too. I roll scum/non-PRs too often. Pretending to not be an important PR is hard.
1 I'm used to being the "Active" member of the team so the others can buss you anytime for credit/take attention etc but my whole style is based around my bad habits as town and it doesn't really stand on it's own since...my Town game is ehh has it's faults that I have to emulate as Mafia until I get them worked out.

2. The best way i've seen to avoid outing yourself as a PR was a player I saw once who flat out didn't read his Role PM. 
But DNA literally outing his role for no reason (I thought he was baiting as a PGO or something but I guess not? ) helped narrow down who to target.
Gut said not Murren until he was replaced and shot me :<
You didn't do anything obvious like swapping your Town list right out of night or anything.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:32:21 AM by Shalako »