Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 78822 times)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #990 on: July 28, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »
Well, if you insist that information of my flip would help town to win, have it your way.
We can afford enough mislynches but I would actually feel more comfortable with it if you wouldn't assume me employing strategy that requires me to forget my brain at work around day2.

I know it's wine but I'm lost right now, so allow me to open that bottle for you.

Day2: Why exactly have I decided to bus the Roleblocker, that went mostly unnoticed so far, over the Governor, that were about to get outed on his own account?

Night2: Why did I went, ?Oh well, um ? I don't know.? instead of, ?Governor means he's scum after all, let try to lynch him again.?? Knowing that another lynch attempt would only lead into the disaster repeating itself and giving me at least a bit of busing credit when he flips somehow.

Day3: I guess the Shadoweh case would befit scum me, but why going out of my way to counter claim my last buddy when I think he had the better chance to work around the town roles at night, just aside from the fact that I'm apparently forgot which save claim he had.
Seriously, it would not even be hard to get me lynched on purpose that day, just a good push against DNA after the blocked Shadoweh vote and I would have been the talk of the town.

And finally day4: I'm the last scum and I have nothing to lose. So why do I push Serela when it get me PoE'ed the next day? Why not take it easy keep it low and try to make use of my supposed busing credit?

I know that wouldn't convince anyone but if you really have to lynch me then come up with a something that at least looks like a ?realistic? reason and not a plain insult.

I'm out for work now.

Well I don't think pushing the Roleblocker vs the governor is that big a deal when either way they'd live past the day.   And it really wasn't that hard a bus since you framed it as a "quick push for explanation", though I know you approved of my more extreme stance.    I also think that just defending shalako is enough cause for concern anyway if you reject all else.  Ofc as far as I'm concerned, the biggest factor is sky's role PM still.

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #991 on: July 28, 2015, 04:24:51 PM »
There's a whole lotta questions about clarifying my role and what I've been doing that I'm not gonna answer. Sorry!

I'll be back in CIVILIZATION tonight so i might actually read the game. I don't think Dorian is a sure bet for scum so I won't be surprised if there's another day. I wonder if Serela is the worst Vengeful Scum that can only kill Patch.. Anyways my opinion right now is lynch now and let the night phase sort things out.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #992 on: July 28, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »
shadoweh if that's your opinion shouldn't you vote
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #993 on: July 28, 2015, 07:11:41 PM »
make me
One shouldn't vote and heatstroke, it's an ancient proverb.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #994 on: July 28, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »
##Control Shadoweh
##Target Dorian
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #995 on: July 28, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
...okay yeah no I can't actually make you :V

BUT I'M PRETTY SURE YOU SHOULD NEVER HEATSTROKE IN THE FIRST PLACE D;

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #996 on: July 28, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »
@Mod: hey can we end the night earlier once all night actions are in and all players agree? Scum can answer in his qt.
Probably not, considering I'm out from my house around 12 hours a day, and have to sleep for at least 6 when I get home, which doesn't leave a lot of windows to set the cycles.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #997 on: July 28, 2015, 11:33:57 PM »
Hey, I'm still here and not lynched for offering you wine. That's already better than I expected.^^;
However, it seems we still got some time before Conq returns, so might as well do something with the it. And I think this is a interesting point.
dorian to be completely honest a lot of people feel today is between me and you anyway

and, OBVIOUSLY I AM VERY BIASED IN THIS DISCUSSION, but it felt like you were going to be lynched, and even if it was me today it'd probably be you tomorrow
I could actually say the same to you and since I wouldn't get around to do it tomorrow let me ask you today.
It's day5 and you got an Oranje orange town flip with exactly the role that I claimed.
So who's scum then Serela?

Everyone else may answer the question too, I don't see you guys having anything better to do at the moment anyway.^^;;
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #998 on: July 28, 2015, 11:46:04 PM »
probably dan, in line with my suspicions the last few days

commuting scum wouldn't be too surprising to me since town had a good dose of strong powers like SB the redirector who if he didn't die early could totally just ruin scum's day forever even if they were roleblocking governors, multiple death roles, etc

After that it'd be Conq but it'd take a lot to make me even consider voting Conq over Dan. Interactions support Dan; the only people he talked about d2 was the scumteam, scumbuddy Bard also tried to lynch his slot, etc. Sure that'd imply bus-happy scum but I don't think that's unlikely at all, esp when governor existed. It's definitely more suspicious to only suspect the scumteam than otherwise. IIRC the rest of the game wasn't even a blip in his posts, although he probably talked about others at consolidation point if he wasn't just AFK then? I'd have to reread again to reconfirm

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #999 on: July 28, 2015, 11:54:21 PM »
reread Dan's d2; opens with Bard case, later looks at Shalako and decides he's scummy too, later he posts again for "meh don't really want to lynch" on the people with wagons who weren't Bard or Shalako.

basically when someone replaces in d2 and homes in with cases on both of the flipped scum, and doesn't seem to care about the rest of the players much at all, that looks suspicious.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1000 on: July 29, 2015, 12:07:03 AM »
Reread rest of Dan; he actually never got a new scum suspect other than Bard d3 apart from listing me and DNA as "TBD" and is using the rolepm today as the sole reason to include Dorian as lynchable. Overall there just seems to be very little effort put in after his attempt to townclear Dorian to others on d3. His posts have been extremely bare, which gives little reason to think he's town over scum. His amount of play was okay before that I guess and when his effort fell off is when the game started stalling, so I can't blame him -that- much, but that still doesn't mean they provide much reason to think he's town rather than scum.

Really, it's the interactions that are suspicious moreso than the low level of content that isn't surprising from Dan anyway (although really, Dan this game has been a great improvement in terms of content, it's been awhile since we've had an ActionDan that posts)

If it wasn't for Dorian's play seeming to nosedive partway into the game, and the rolepm thing, I'd happily nuke Dan off the earth. If this was LyLo or something I'd be concerned which to lynch, but since we have 2 mislynches before running into lylo atm I'm not concerned right now. There is little interest in a Dan lynch right now so there's not much point in me trying to fight for it anyway; when the more popular lynch targets are cleared out I imagine he will be going down.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #1001 on: July 29, 2015, 12:18:29 AM »
Okay, final vote, I still want Dorian lynched more.

##Vote Dorian

His most recent response is basically a fist pump and a snarky 'well too bad everyone's too apathetic to care', his last case is lots of wifom, if he's town and he's convicted his counterwagon is scum, I expected him to vigorously keep pushing Serela since from town!Dorian's POV Serela should absolutely be scum. Dorian holding back now seems to indicate he simply is trying to avoid getting blood on his hands for being part of Serela's wagon.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Dorian White

« Reply #1002 on: July 29, 2015, 12:25:53 AM »
@Serela: Interesting, don't you think that sounds kinda ambitious? How do you see your chances to lynch Dan tomorrow? I mean, with my (town) blood on your hands and all.^^;

@DNA: Why are you in such a hurry? Can't I have a little conversation?^^;
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1003 on: July 29, 2015, 12:28:08 AM »
I mean, with my (town) blood on your hands and all.^^;
Are you implying being involved in your lynch make me scummier or something? :S Sure, I imagine I'll have to put up with being a very possible lynch target tomorrow, but trying to lynch you today is not going to be a significant reason I'm there.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1004 on: July 29, 2015, 12:30:46 AM »
If opinion is greatly in the direction of me being lynched come tomorrow if Dorian flips town, it's not a big deal, I'll reiterate why Dan is scummy and hammer myself for town to just get around to lynching him the next day already, or something.

It'd be better if I could get Dan lynched tomorrow in case the scum really is Conq, though.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #1005 on: July 29, 2015, 12:33:56 AM »
Also, Serela's effort, although continuously seems to lack focus and is easy to see as more scummy, I think he is just simply more devoted than Dorian. I don't see scum!Serela spontaneously rectifying his stance to not claim, given his insistence already somewhat got accepted by the players.

Cut by 3

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #1006 on: July 29, 2015, 12:36:10 AM »
Apparently NNR missed my unvote, which is fine, since I kinda wanted to vote Dorian again now. I don't think we're getting the info we want out of this any longer, and I'm not being convinced by Dorian's arguments.

##Unvote
##Target Dorian

That's L-1. Whoever wants to hammer, hammer it.

Cut by 1

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #1007 on: July 29, 2015, 12:42:22 AM »
And uh, just to humour the question, I guess.

If somehow it comes down to both Serela and Dorian flipping orange, I'm thinking it's Dan almost certainly. I could entertain the thought of lynching DNA then if he's still around by that point, (and for some reason I still am, too) since it's basically endgame and the Beloved status no longer becomes threatening to the overall gameplan, but I've had a decently strong townread on DNA this whole game. Not to mimic Bard's "effort = town" point, but he feels like one of the only players left that's still fully invested in the game, aside from Serela, and has been trying to keep this game steered in the right direction. I doubt he'd suddenly focus attention onto Shalako like he did D2 if he were scum. That'd be a pointless burn of Governor, imo. Also, that back-and-forth between them felt genuine enough.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #1008 on: July 29, 2015, 12:45:36 AM »
Also, I would only partially agree with Dorian, the Dan push seems unnecessarily reckless for scum!Serela, and the same problem is with the scum!conq speculation.

Contrary to Dorians, I don't think having a broader range of opinions is scummy, and produces an unnecessary risk if he's scum and knows the flip will be a mislynch, a conservative playstyle that avoids spouting stuff that could be incriminated so people will panic and start to doubt the conftowns is the scum ideal playstyle right now, which is pointing to you, Dorian.

Cut by 2

Dorian White

« Reply #1009 on: July 29, 2015, 12:46:32 AM »
@Serela: Yes, the idea crossed my mind. I even think a more judgmental mind could think that you already lining up lynches here. I only asked you about day5, so why do you went ahead and assumed a day6 already? >_>;;

@Patorikku: Now you too? Have you forgotten that Conq requested time for his reread? Aren't you interested in what he may find?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #1010 on: July 29, 2015, 12:48:09 AM »
And I also burned sky p, when Dorian was just as rational a lynch target from me and he flipped scum.

Cut again what

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1011 on: July 29, 2015, 12:49:06 AM »
Lining up lynches is a pretty goofy accusation right now :V My reasoning here is very justified. What's scummy about it? Yes, I considered what might happen if my scum suspect isn't scum. That's not a bad thing to do. That's being prepared :D

As for the second part of your post, it's not like they hammered you. *Shrug* cut

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #1012 on: July 29, 2015, 12:51:38 AM »
I'm interested in what Conq might find, yes. I have a feeling he's the most likely person to pop up next and hammer this out, so whatever info he wants to lay down, he'll lay it down then and there. Right now, though, I'm just a bit impatient, and I want to see this lynch go through so we can get a result.

Cut by 1

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #1013 on: July 29, 2015, 12:52:29 AM »
But lining up Lynches is unlikely at this point, since the survival of scum isn't even certain, it seems much more rational scum would rather attempt to keep low profile and focus on the counterwagon

Cut by exactly the same point

Dorian White

« Reply #1014 on: July 29, 2015, 01:04:27 AM »
@DNA: Who do I doubt here exactly?

@Serela: If you say so. I'm sure that I will not be around anyway.^^; Still isn't it ? odd to think so far ahead when you say that you have confidence in me flipping scum and that you like your Dan case? It can't be that much confidence if you need three options when it can be only one.

@Patorikku: Prepare to get disappointed, at last from the flip.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #1015 on: July 29, 2015, 01:06:40 AM »
Seems pretty conspiracy tier coming from the rational, meta reading player who's claiming to focus on others playstyle, Dorian, don't you think you are going overboard?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1016 on: July 29, 2015, 01:15:12 AM »
Dorian, I think what would be odd is assuming that my scum suspects are guaranteed to flip scum ^^;

Dorian White

« Reply #1017 on: July 29, 2015, 01:24:18 AM »
@DNA: Maybe or maybe I'm just bored.^^;
Anyway, who do you think could be scum? Assumed that I'm town of course.
Also, did I doubt? Cause I can't remember when I did that.

@Serela: There is a fine line between thinking ahead and getting ahead of yourself, I mean what if Dan dies tonight?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1018 on: July 29, 2015, 01:27:36 AM »
why in the WORLD would scum nightkill dan over dna, conq, or patorikku?? At this point, even if Shadoweh -didn't- stop the NK last night with a vest, it's not a huge deal for them if the kill fails to Shadoweh. It doesn't add another mislynch, and no one's PRs are super scary or whatnot. It only affects what votes are in play, which certainly isn't trivial, but.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1019 on: July 29, 2015, 01:28:52 AM »
add shadoweh to that list if scum knows her vest is gone

the scum would be someone in that list, of course, if it wasn't you dan or me (which that situation implies, given it's from my pov, you'd be lynched, and dan would be the NK) but there's enough in the list that's not really a problem