Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79125 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2015, 09:57:03 AM »
Murrin apparently having no reads today when he was very aggressive yesterday and willing to push people on D1-tier points is pretty surprising to me. Especially since even at the end of D1 when he said he was faltering on reads he had mild suspicions on Dorian/SB/Shadoweh. Did those lead anywhere or did you just completely drop everything from D1? 
It is almost like he is scum running out of juice. Hmm I wonder if there's someone who argued that yesterday.  ::)

Shadoweh is uncharacteristically absent from the game but I still have reasons to think she's town. Shadoweh, where do you stand on today on, well, anything?
I get into games by chasing suspicions and seeing where they lead, that's why I was so annoyed the wagon veered off to randomly swat Zakeri. I think I'm getting a bit of inspirational juices flowing now, your case on Serela is.. weird but what he said about me struck me the wrong way too. Mostly because me tunneling someone on Day 1 is actually normal behaviour and I don't get why it should be suspicious at all in the first place. Because other people are telling Serela it should be?

I would rather vote Raitaki for his awful vote on me for being 'awful'. He skipped over the part where he mentioned why I'm awful. I guess it's just an assumed thing that I'm Satan this game?  I will humor you because you are my rally point for today though, if you'll tell me if you think Raitaki's post is as bad as I think it is. If we do have at least me, you and Dan as town, we can still win this game with slowmos.

##Target: Serela

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »
Tried to read Shadoweh but couldn't because I'm tired and because there isn't much content there to analyze.
I'm pretty sure half my posts are dedicated to lynching you and you can't even work up the ability to be mad at me for it or call me scum for attacking a poor innocent townie you?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2015, 10:21:23 AM »

I would rather vote Raitaki for his awful vote on me for being 'awful'. He skipped over the part where he mentioned why I'm awful. I guess it's just an assumed thing that I'm Satan this game?  I will humor you because you are my rally point for today though, if you'll tell me if you think Raitaki's post is as bad as I think it is. If we do have at least me, you and Dan as town, we can still win this game with slowmos.

Why talk about Raitaki then Vote Serela?

« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2015, 10:26:52 AM »
Nvm too tired, nightie Night.

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2015, 10:35:04 AM »
I'm pretty sure half my posts are dedicated to lynching you and you can't even work up the ability to be mad at me for it or call me scum for attacking a poor innocent townie you?
1) being mad at you for it is unproductive and irrelevant to whether you are town or scum
2) i guess i could call you scum for attacking innocent townie me but since in your last post you actually defended me (and because I'm ridiculously tired) i couldnt get a read out of it

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2015, 02:42:27 PM »
Before I go to sleep:

DNA, My main reason to suspect him is pushing Policy Lynches, however I've never once seen a Lynch-Resistant Mafia, and he mentioned Beloved D1 in one of his walls, so I need to reconsider him.

Dormio Replaced by ActionDan I didn't understand why people attacked Dormio's post where he said paranoid reads beyond it being kinda fence sitting but I saw it as clarifying his thought process and Action Dan I agree with not trusting people just because they put effort into the game.

-Serela(Biggest Suspect)/Shadoweh I need to reread since they are blurring in my mind. I know hate the Whole Policy Lynch statement because of how backwards  it is and saying "
"even if they're town we should lynch them" "I'm already biased to think you're bullshitting" but not Voting DNA?

-Raitaki Townie vibes,

-Bardiche ft. Skypal Hasn't posted a lot, Don't think Clearing People for effort is a good sign but I may just be influenced by Dan/Conq.

-Dorian Medium, doesn't really stick out anywhere.

-Conq Seems clearly Town, I don't think anyone doesn't think he's town?

-Murrin Town, gonna have to prove himself now that he's past being gunned down for the flailing. He knows why   :V
~~
Need someone to clarify for the Meta here if it's common to push Policy Lynches. I saw the lurker one not get hammered.
Where I'm from, Seeking non-behavior reasons to lynch someone is considered Scummy, and Serela thinks so because they voted me fighting a Policy Lynch because that's a Policy Lynch somehow and Shadow thinking DNA is scummy for Policy Killing.
I shouldve done this a long time ago.
##Vote Shalako

You dropping your biggest scumread throughout the game on me because of role related reason is pretty shoddy. Especially since at this stage my role hasn't even been confirmed yet. Since you pretty much did nothing but devoted yourself to scumreading me up until now and hence should be heavily doubting my unconfirmed claim, it just plain doesn't make sense for you to so easily concede 'oh well' and trust my claim entirety.

What this shows is that you are never really that dedicated to said 'scumread' in the first place, and since I am no longer a likely lynch option you are now just trying to coast the apathy by simply obliging others demand and giving haphazard reads and clears, avoiding to actually confront the problem and draw attention to your own powerlurking.

Your Serela comment only further confirmed my suspicions, for how exactly could he be your biggest scumread if all memory concerning serela is hazy for you? Its a plain logical flaw that shouldn't have happened. As you are literally pointing fingers at nothing, which could only be justified because multiple other people have stated they don't like Serela, and this would make your further attempts to follow the wagon easier.

Your other so-called "townclears" again are just unsubstantiated claims to fluff your post and to keep in line with your 'foreign player in unfamiliar envrionment' facade, parroting popular opinions without input of your own. What makes raitaki towny for you? Someone did dispute about conq being sideliney, so why is that conq is somehow indisputably town? A town player wouldve attempted to address these points before making such clears, you have not.

Also, your query for meta clarifications is a weak attempt to engage the playerbase on suboptimal, outdated d1 topics that have already been answered when there's less than a day to deadline. You had a much better time to ask about that kind of stuff, which was at the start of d2 when you were commenting about fontday shenanigans.

You using sleepiness as an excuse to avoid being held responsible for the quality of your post is also unacceptable, for you have shown d1 that you have more than enough time to constantly stalk the thread and making long, abeit empty walls. You now have over two days, three if you include the night phase, to think over your players, and this is the first wall you made over 50 hours. You are therefore beyond unreasonable to use sleepiness as a shield at this stage of the game.

Your words are as empty as your soul.

You are scum.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2015, 02:53:19 PM »
2nd time quoting this;
Also see my name mentioned quite a bit,and to clarify my argument about lynching murrin and shalako was twofold; firstly, I indeed do scumread them both. I see a lack of elaboration on both shalako and murrin even while making alot of posts, and never quite elaborated on any of them. this isnt just a problem with their skill, but more of how Murrin spent the majority of the day parking his vote on me with a very weak 'he's attacking effort shalako' claim, then just hopped around on some other wagons without really substantiating on any of them (defos RMB murrin turning 180 on SB) after my initial wall response to Zak (the one before I flipped out) and people expressing I look towny, so there's really no explainable reasons for the murrin turnabout other than to avoid flak and attention which is a scum motivation. Shlako basically has the same problem, except my impression is that he went for refuge in audacity instead, highlighting again and again a simple one liner that wasn't even relevant. These scum motives are universal regardless of newbness, and shouldnt be handwaved by "effort"

At such, their arguments are borderline useless, which constitutes my second point, that even if they were town, they might as well be a negative contribution and lynching them is better for the gameplan. Yet both of them were frustrating me so much so that as such, instead of making a case that focused on the first point and making a useful case, my sentiment got ahold of me and I instead ranted mostly about my second point and assumed that I  talked enough about my first one (probably never did). So people are only partially correct about my case. I was bitching about how lynching them is good, yes, but I also have an actual scumread on them, probably still do, in fact, but now I  am more cautious about my conclusions on these two right now cause I may be biased.
This is my response as to why my vote is not a policy lynch, I hope this can be addressed before the same strawman is raised again.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2015, 03:07:41 PM »
Quote from: Conq
Though I often work off PoE'ing town reads like he did in #337, writing off that many people as town without a scumflip reads like half assed effort.
I'm not really writing these all off as hard reads, but they're people I definitely don't want to lynch -today- barring something surprising occurring at the very least. (I said as much in a less specific manner in the post itself; "who I think are not likely to be scum at the moment") This makes it much easier for me to decide between the people who I actually can see myself wanting lynched, because there's less noise. Like hell I'm going to ISO two thirds of the players at once when it's hard enough to make me do anything this game in the first place. I hate the heat, it just makes me want to lie in bed and complain all day ;_;

There are also several reads that don't seem to match up with his D1 progression (DNA, Dormio/Dan being slightly town which would make more sense if Serela acknowledged Dan's posts but he didn't which makes me feel like he just went with the go with the flow option)
Towards the end of D1 my interest in DNA dropped off progressively harder; even when I talked about him with interest, I was pretty eh about it, because it was pretty much just the Shalako vote that gave me pause, but given consideration that alone could be explained just by DNA, uh, I don't know words, let's just say "meta"? Even though that's not exactly what I mean? "By acting like a human and therefore not acting ideally all the time"? Anyway moving on, his attitude coming into d2 cemented that I even moreso still wasn't interested in that direction anymore.

Dormio was a very "well, I guess so" consolidation option end of d1 in the first place and a lot of my willingness was due to the lack of activity (and my extreme disinterest in the other lynches; my meta reads on Zak are usually pretty good [e.g. that game where everyone tried to lynch Zak and I just went "NO. >:C" and holy shit it worked???] and I really just wasn't feeling it even though logically the lynch made sense so I was basically okay for it) and the fact that he replaced out during the night made me less interested in lynching him mostly for lurking, which is kind of a dumb lynch that early in the game anyway, hence me saying it was sort of a coinflip. Dan also proceeded to be better, so. It's true that I guess that looks kinda weird given I didn't talk about it, but there was never really much feeling towards that lynch. :T

HEY GUYS, SPEAKING OF NOT MUCH FEELING TOWARDS THINGS. EXHIBIT A, SHADOWEH'S D2. Her first big post doesn't even need to be portrayed in a coasty wait-and-see manner, because she literally says she's just going to play it by ear. She drops her push on Murrin entirely just because there's "0 lynch force in that direction today" even though it was early in the day, esp. considering how little people had done their d2 opinion expressing and such, and her vote now is sheeped from Conq. After her d1 tunnel, yes, I am good to go on this. `-`

##Target Shadoweh
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #398 on: July 20, 2015, 03:14:06 PM »
Kind of a Votecount Except It's Not Actually Official Because I'm Serela
Bard (2): Dorian, ActionDan
Shalako (1): Darkninja
Shadoweh (2): Raitaki, Serela
Serela (2): Conqueror, Shadoweh
Conqueror (1): Drone Attack
Defensive Maneuvers: Bard, Shalako
Out of Combat: Murrin

It takes 6 ships attacking the same one to destroy it.
Combat Cycle will end in 14.75 Hours

This works, yeah
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:08:07 PM by NekoNekoRex »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #399 on: July 20, 2015, 04:44:43 PM »
Probably out for the night, but I need to make a very important distinction here, while best im@s is indisputably chihaya, ll segments featuring Maki are officially most bearable throughout the show.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #400 on: July 20, 2015, 06:00:43 PM »
He skipped over the part where he mentioned why I'm awful. I guess it's just an assumed thing that I'm Satan this game? 
Goddamnit Shadoweh I do this often enough that that actually scared me into double-checking my posts >:C Though you're right, that's more or less all I'm voting you atm, for the D1 tunneling and the lack of follow-up or interest on anyone that you saw unvoting Murrin for dubious reasons. I hadn't managed to get a better scumread on anyone else, and I kind of forgot what your meta is generally like so I can't attempt to clear you using that either.

I don't really blame Shalako that he can barely remember one of his top suspects, since I'm also having trouble scumreading people. It'd be weird if he had other scumreads but his top scumread was the one he can barely remember, yes, but in this case Serela/Shadoweh seem to be his only scumreads at the moment. I also don't find him believing your beloved claim odd, from the wording of his post it looked like he only saw your beloved claim from LD1 and not your recent post explaining the drone thing so he probably thinks that you can't be scum cuz it'd be pretty easy to confirm your beloved status.
Also I'd like to direct the same question I asked Shadoweh at Shalako: If you think there was scum on the Murrin wagon, who do you think it is? It seems you nullread Dorian, and it doesn't seem you're suspecting Dormio/Dan either, so what do you think of Shadoweh?

Murrin, you need to decide on a person you think is least town. We have 12 hours left.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #401 on: July 20, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »
Sorry for being late but it was a long day and I needed a nap.^^;

First to something I should have done yesterday.

##Untarget

I don't think that I will get my answers to today and I can't believe that I sat the better part of the day on a vote that was intended as an ?quick push for an explanation?. <_<;;

Now lets see if I get some other question answered.

What exactly makes Shadowehs wait-and-see approach worse then lets say, Murrins fence sitting or my own wait and see approach?
I also saw that you was still undecided on her the post before you voted and the only thing that changed in between was her vote, so did you not conisider her day2 stuff back then or was her sheeping Conqueror's case on you really the deciding point?

@Murrin: Well, fence sitting wasn't actually the response I was hoping for, so is there really no conclusion you could get out of it that strikes you more likely than the other?

@Raitaki: You say that you ?having trouble scumreading people? and as far as I can tell are you not the only one who has this problem. If that's the case then tell me what is actually scummy about focusing on a single suspect ITT: tunneling?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #402 on: July 20, 2015, 07:10:04 PM »
What exactly makes Shadowehs wait-and-see approach worse then lets say, Murrins fence sitting or my own wait and see approach?
Her d1 was worse. She also seemed to have completely given up on her scumread; she didn't even bother voting Murrin over no-voting despite supposedly still thinking he's scum?

Beyond that; your wait and see approach?? You were voting and discussing multiple people though :S You don't qualify for that kind of thing at all.
I also saw that you was still undecided on her the post before you voted and the only thing that changed in between was her vote, so did you not conisider her day2 stuff back then or was her sheeping Conqueror's case on you really the deciding point?
It was midnight and I was very tired z.z I honestly didn't notice the questionableness. Her vote afterwords did not help. Also, it's definitely time to put a vote down, and I liked that vote over any other.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #403 on: July 20, 2015, 07:18:07 PM »
For the matter of why Shadoweh over Murrin I could also bring up meta (I know Shadoweh better, I don't know murrin at all) and expected degree of play (although admittedly I don't know murrin, still, I expect Shadoweh to do better than wait around on d2 with no new provided opinions and only like 3 inferrable reads from d1.)

But that's not even necessary, because I think in hindsight what Shadoweh's doing is more actively questionable than portrayed. To reiterate with that in mind; Shadoweh did a wait-and-see and gave up on her scumread, and the only other reads she'd revealed before then were a townread on Shalako and... maybe there was one other minor thing I've forgotten? That, after tunnelling d1. It's extremely coast-y. She could decide to do literally anything late d2 after wagons appear other than vote Shalako. Lo and behold, she jumps onto the first non-Bard wagon that appears. (I'm not saying voting me itself or sheeping Conq is particularly scummy, but coming after the questionable and uninspiring play beforehand, uh...)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #404 on: July 20, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »
Her opinion on Raitaki hardly counts because it's as free of a justified OMGUS opinion as it gets. She's contributed nothing today but waiting around and then sheeping, after doing a tunnel d1. (Tunnelling d1 isn't a condemnation, but the fact that it was followed by this makes it pretty suspicious.)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #405 on: July 20, 2015, 07:25:27 PM »
Even her comment on the Bard wagon is lazy; there's a big wagon sprouting, but she hasn't read Bard she says, so she'll just wait to see what he says about the wagon. She doesn't actually go back to look at Bard and see what's so suspicious about him and has no opinion on the matter. This isn't the worst attitude to have when there's an expectation that Bard would have appeared before too long to do this, but, it snowballs with the rest; even after Bard responded to the wagon, it's not like that means his activity beforehand isn't still critical to reception of the wagon. :T Wagons appear for a reason, unless the reason it appeared was a complete misunderstanding it is impossible to just deflect it to where it no longer justifies consideration.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #406 on: July 20, 2015, 07:27:02 PM »
(waiting for something to happen like shadoweh or a sympathizer coming back, complaining one or two reasons aren't good, and then dismissing the case, I don't care plz)

In case you haven't noticed I'm actually building a decent amount of conviction in Shadoweh being scum now! :D Hooray. Now let's HANG THE WIIITCH

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #407 on: July 20, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »
ActionDan's posts today have generally made sense (though it's been a little while since he posted).  And I'm reading Dormio as likely Town from yesterday.

So who do I have left to read:

Selery
Shalako
Bard
Shadoweh kinda
DNA kinda

Actually I've already kind of attempted to read Selery and it's difficult.  Selery voted for Shadoweh because of a certain case, Dorian voted for Selery because Dorian doesn't like that case on Shadoweh, or rather Selery's reasoning and timing for it.  Can't decide (that's a surprise)

« Reply #408 on: July 20, 2015, 08:32:56 PM »
I shouldve done this a long time ago.
##Vote Shalako. You had a much better time to ask about that kind of stuff, which was at the start of d2 when you were commenting about fontday shenanigans.

You using sleepiness as an excuse to avoid being held responsible for the quality of your post is also unacceptable, for you have shown d1 that you have more than enough time to constantly stalk the thread and making long, abeit empty walls. You now have over two days, three if you include the night phase, to think over your players, and this is the first wall you made over 50 hours. You are therefore beyond unreasonable to use sleepiness as a shield at this stage of the game.
Everything in this post was dumb as a bag of boxs but this was the dumbest.
It's not like I said It was the weekend for me and i'd be posting way less.
Hey guess what on Labor Day Weekend i'm gonna be posting way less too.
Of course i'm gonna readjust my reads when someone who's breadcrumbed being Lynch Resistant since day 1 claims it D2, it's easy enough to test and why would a Mafia fake- claim that since D1?
But please, talk more about how you are God's gift to Mafia while only tunneling on Me and Murren because you aren't good enough to find reasons besides lynching new people  even if you do now claim our reactions to your bullshit are reasons to suspect us.
~~
Target Selery for the whole backwards Policy Vote thing

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #409 on: July 20, 2015, 08:44:37 PM »
Don't forget the double hashtag :P

(Wow that's a weird emoticon for the colon-P sticking the tongue out)

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #410 on: July 20, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »
@Serela: Fair enough. I even think it's actually good enough to go with it.

##Untarget
##Target: Shadoweh

Anyone who saw how the Murrin wagon vanished day1 can tell that it wouldn't reappear day2.
Bard gets replaced and Serela did a great job to clear up the doubt I had about his vote and I'm still not interested in a Shalako lynch.
Yes, it's a PoE consolidation vote, cause I wouldn't be here for deadline and really need to sleep now.

Target Selery for the whole backwards Policy Vote thing
Wait, wasn't that Raitakis point?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #411 on: July 20, 2015, 09:03:46 PM »
##Target Selery

« Reply #412 on: July 20, 2015, 09:06:33 PM »

Wait, wasn't that Raitakis point?
I thought Raitakis point was trying to get people onto the Shadow Wagon who were "Pro-Murren"?
I'm not really seeing what the Shadow wagon is based on tbh and Sel flailing onto it doesn't make me feel any better.
Course I think people who are pushing Shadow were Pushing Dormio and I didn't get that wagon either so maybe I just am Missing things.

« Reply #413 on: July 20, 2015, 10:12:34 PM »
Oh and just for obvious sake before DNA comes in here wailing about how he's not pushing a Policy Lynch he's now actually scum hunting.
It should be obvious to everyone that before he justified his reads (he still hasn't beyond I don't like you) He is pushing a Policy Lynch of voting people for being new, not for being Mafia. It has no Behavior Analysis behind it.
Him saying He is now magically Scum hunting based of of people reactions to his load is also invalid for obvious reasons. He's just being Super-Wrong and Tunneling and justifying it anyway he can and he's obviously nowhere clear-headed enough to even understand why someone would drop a reason to suspect someone in the light of new information.

He didn't say a word about thinking me or Murrni were actually Mafia until I pointed it out and now after the fact he is trying to make up reasons his horrible play is excuasable (reasons he is right for attacking Myself and Murren "beyond hurr durr this person is new")
Go look at what DNA has done beyond attack me or Murrin
Sel's reaction to this of Voting ME for pushing a Policy Lynch of questioning  People who Push Policy Politics Patently and Ignoring DNA pushing a Policy Lynch is why i'm voting them.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #414 on: July 20, 2015, 10:18:54 PM »
@Dorian: imo scum is more interested in pushing cases than pushing scumreads, so it'd be easier for them to tunnel a couple of people rather than acknowledging inconsistencies and abandoning scumreads as the degree of suspiciousness drops like town would. I know as scum I do this multitunnel thing where I notice multiple things that can be argued in favor of my case victims being town but since nobody brought those up I ignored them and kept tunneling. I suppose it's also possible that Shadoweh just found her Murrin case to be airtight no matter where she looked, but in that case she should still have opinions on multiple other players even if she had no other strong scumreads. If you take away the Murrin's case, her D1 play was pretty much just defending Shalako.

And wait what Shalako what backwards policy voting thing are you talking about? Before this all you mentioned of Serela was how she was a scumread and was fading from your mind. If the policy lynch thing applied to both Shadoweh and Serela then can you point it out for me because I haven't seen her really interacting with DNA much except for saying he's not likely to be scum? And what exactly is bad about Serela's Shadoweh vote? It's starting to sound like you're only disliking it because Serela is on it, tbh. Which is odd because your list of reads earlier implied that Serela was about equal than Shadoweh as one of your scumreads.

Serela made a good point again. Good enough to sheep.

Also wait what my point what
I'm kinda confused by both Shalako's and Dorian's interpretations of what my point is. Which point are we talking

cut by Shalako for the third freaking time making me really consider my recent decision to handwave away my urge to vote him
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #415 on: July 20, 2015, 10:26:41 PM »
Shalako's Serela vote came out of even more nowhere when I consider the tone of his latest post. Reading it, it's fairly obvious that he was quite strongly scumreading DNA again. Yet, he went and voted Serela for something that (unless I'm wrong*) he never mentioned Serela doing until the five words "whole backwards Policy Lynch thing" following the vote, and something I've never seen Serela do either.

*If I'm wrong, point out for me how Serela was involved in the policy lynch thing, and this whole point would be moot.

Unless Shalako manages to point out for me this blind spot of mine, I'm scumreading him as much as I currently am scumreading Shadoweh.

« Reply #416 on: July 20, 2015, 10:43:56 PM »
Shalako's Serela vote came out of even more nowhere when I consider the tone of his latest post.
Are we not like 9 hours to deadline?
Yesterday Conq was pushing me to vote this close and I'd rather go for the Sel wagon then the Shadow Wagon at this point.

Reading it, it's fairly obvious that he was quite strongly scumreading DNA again.
Don't put words in my mouth.
Yet, he went and voted Serela for something that (unless I'm wrong*) he never mentioned Serela doing until the five words "whole backwards Policy Lynch thing" following the vote, and something I've never seen Serela do either.
Untarget yea it turns out it wasn't Serela (sorry) it was you
Shalako's "DNA is lynching new players instead of scum-hunting" honestly smells a bit more like a policy vote rather than the scum-hunting that he accused DNA of not doing, and fails to explain why DNA was lynch-worthy. Toss in Shalako's reasoning for the Zak vote as well, and I find Shalako's use of logic when he's voting people very weird. Not sure if it's because he's scum or just thinks radically different from anyone I've played mafia with, but I find it hard to find a townie motive behind his cases. For example, the Zakeri vote where he used "Zakeri knows X because he's scum" as his reason on literally every Zakeri quote he brought up. Leaning scum.

...I was about to reread more people, but then my relatives came over and now we're going out for dinner .-. Sorry bout the lack of development. At least nothing much happened between now and my latest medium post right before the consolidation rush so I don't think I'm missing out on a lot.

##Target: Shalako for now

I'm was voting him because of his pushing a policy lynch because it's scummy.
The same logic you use saying that pushing Policy Lynches is worth voting for...is the reason i'm voting DNA, it's not a policy lynch, it's a reason for me to vote someone.
If you are so against policy lynches why not question DNA over why he wants to lynch new players (low hanging fruit who he is discrediting for no reason.)
How come you never answered this?
What do you like so much about Sel's latest posts?
Aren't they just efforts to make people lynch Shadow instead of themselves?

« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2015, 10:45:44 PM »
##Untarget

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2015, 10:56:01 PM »
Reading it, it's fairly obvious that he was quite strongly scumreading DNA again.
Don't put words in my mouth.
So you usually go around criticizing and incriminating people you neither think are scum nor want to lynch?

I'm not against policy lynches, again, I thought it was odd that you were voting him for pushing policy lynches instead of voting scummy people when doing that doesn't necessarily make him a scummy person. But rereading your and Murrin's posts in general, since you guys appeared to hold the opinion that a person shouldn't be lynched for just being a lurker, I'm assuming it's just community differences where we have no qualms with the occasional policy lynch and you guys view policy lynching as inherently scummy.
I guess that leaves the Zakeri case as the only major qualm I have with Shalako. But that could have just been bad logic/assuming the worst so whatever. ##Untarget
I already explained my vote on you multiple times. I thought your DNA vote was a policy lynch because your reason did not necessarily mean DNA is scummy in our meta, but I retracted my vote on you because I realized that where you and Murrin came from, the meta considered policy lynching scummy by itself. Don't go around pointing at people and saying "how come you never answered X" when they already, with multiple people, multiple times, when you haven't read what they said. If someone said something confusing, then point it out and ask them to clarify like what I did, instead of pretending said confusing post to not exist.

I agreed mainly with how Serela pointed out that Shadoweh didn't bother to read Bard or form an opinion on him when people made cases against, and instead waited for Bard to come back and defend himself. Logically, if the Bard  wagon really did catch Shadoweh's attention, the least she could have done was examine Bard.

Aren't they just efforts to make people lynch Shadow instead of themselves?
Uh. I'm not sure what you're asking here. Don't people make cases to convince other people to lynch their scumreads? :V

Okay, so it seemed it was a mistake, and who Shalako meant to vote was me, not Serela. So what do you think of my reply? In light of this, who do you want to vote? And why haven't you re-voted after unvoting Serela?
Also, since they were your previous scumreads, what do you think of Serela and Shadoweh right now?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2015, 11:11:47 PM »
Day ends in 6 hours. 

I don't think Serela is scum.  She wasn't an original town read (for reference those would be Raitaki, Murrin, and Dorian from D1), but I've thought she has been pretty town D2.

If I were going to switch to someone (which I don't really want to do) it would be Shalako.

DNA has also improved since D1 imo.

I don't particularly want to lynch Shadoweh... Or Conq even though he has no pressure.

Don't lynch me.