Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227111 times)

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Kancolle Arcade Interview and Okazari / Gift Hunting!
« Reply #750 on: December 29, 2015, 04:46:27 AM »
So I made this.

Compare a Boat

It's a thing where you can compare two shipgirls and see which one is better.

It's my first experiment with building web apps using Python and the Bottle framework. Let me know if you find it useful or if there's anything you'd like me to add.

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Kancolle Arcade Interview and Okazari / Gift Hunting!
« Reply #751 on: December 29, 2015, 07:41:27 PM »
Compare a Boat

As I said before, I think this device will come in very useful for those that want to cross compare kanmusus on a normal level grinding basis, so I find this kind of thing useful. ^^

For some odd reason I can't get my Kancolle up and running again. I haven't played it in so long and I've been neglecting my shipgirls for too long (amatsukaze noo im sorry)

I get cat errors on my apilink and the cookie method.

Mmmm.... did you by some chance clear your catch before trying this? That might help.

In the mean time, the end of the year is almost here which means.... END OF THE YEAR CLEANING in Japan! And that's what this update is about. Mainly this update is a giant voice and improved fleet save feature with a hint of Akebono tossed in but lemme give you the run down.

Courtisy of the http://en.kancollewiki.net
December 29th, 2015, End of Christmas Update
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2015/December_29

1. End of Christmas Mode
Christmas CG and limited-time drops end

2. End of Christmas voice lines
Some winter voices will persist, however

3. Limited-time "Cleaning" voice
80+ ships have voice for the cleaning time of the year (some are reused from previous years)

4. New furnitures
One places food and the food will change on New Year's Day

5. Counter Bar furnishing gets an end-of-year mode
Will have food along with alcohol/drinks

6. Mamiya's Limited-Time Quest ends
Leftover ornament mats can be converted to fuel until mid-January

7. Akebono Cleaning Mode
Art will be a bit different from last year's due to help from 7thDesDiv

8. Max # of composition that can be recorded at the same time increased to 8
Use it in moderation

9. Enhanced countermeasures against bots/macros
People using it should cease immediately

Next update rolls out LIVE on New Years! So expect the return of some new years CG and maybe some new ones to boot! In the mean time have a new and improve art variation of Akebono's Year End Cleaning CG.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Cleaning house with Akebono!
« Reply #752 on: December 31, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »

Got on today and found this quest lying there.

According to the comments section of the wiki, you have to S-rank the boss in 1-3 with 1 CL and 5 DDs for that delicious New Year's fuel.

For some odd reason I can't get my Kancolle up and running again. I haven't played it in so long and I've been neglecting my shipgirls for too long (amatsukaze noo im sorry)

I get cat errors on my apilink and the cookie method.
I shortly had the same problem using the cookie method.

I reset my browser and re-entered the lines into the console and it worked.

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Cleaning house with Akebono!
« Reply #753 on: December 31, 2015, 11:55:24 PM »

Got on today and found this quest lying there.

According to the comments section of the wiki, you have to S-rank the boss in 1-3 with 1 CL and 5 DDs for that delicious New Year's fuel.
I shortly had the same problem using the cookie method.

I reset my browser and re-entered the lines into the console and it worked.

Ahaha yes, there's a whole slew of quest to earn yourself 2016 pieces of resources. What a way to kick off the new year.

I still very occupied with wiki matters at the moment since I have to man and run to update all information to include all 120+ voices! That were included this update!
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Seasonal/New_Year_2016

I'll probably post a Summary on this in a bit, but yeah, I'm pretty occupied. ^^;;;
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Happy New Year at the Naval Base!
« Reply #754 on: January 02, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #755 on: January 05, 2016, 06:37:23 PM »
Finally Kai Ni'd Abukuma, so now it's time to work on Kasumi and Satsuki (decided to train her since between her and Nagatsuki she's the most likely candidate in my opinion for that rumoured Kai Ni'ing due to last event's E-2 routing).

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #756 on: January 10, 2016, 09:03:58 PM »

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #757 on: January 12, 2016, 01:43:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/685999180804825088

Event starts next month
I have a feeling it might be Rei-Go... but if so then....oh dear....
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #758 on: January 12, 2016, 02:44:29 AM »
What's Rei-Go?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #759 on: January 12, 2016, 02:57:35 AM »
What's Rei-Go?
It's the name of quest B57 on the wiki, but apart from that Google turned up nothing on the actual operation.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #760 on: January 12, 2016, 03:12:47 AM »
It's the name of quest B57 on the wiki, but apart from that Google turned up nothing on the actual operation.
Hmm... tbh I tried looking it up myself... weird.... maybe Totaku can shed some light on this...

Edit: Hmm... could it be this: December 1944 - Operation "Rei-Go" - San Jose Bombardement but this is all I could pull up...

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:19:28 AM by MewMewHeart »

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #761 on: January 12, 2016, 05:50:36 AM »
I managed to find a jp wiki page on the operation: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/礼号作戦

From what I can gather, it looks like an operation related to the Battle of Mindoro?

I can't really figure out the events or background of the operation but I think I got ships involved that are currently implemented in game correct.

Flagship: Kasumi
Destroyers: Kiyoshimo, Asashimo
Heavy Cruiser: Ashigara
Light Cruisers: Ooyodo

There also appears to be three other destroyers all from the Matsu class, Kaya, Sugi and Kashi. All three of them appears to have survived WW2 based off this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_World_War_II_destroyers#Survivors

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #762 on: January 12, 2016, 05:58:47 AM »
If this event involves a battle that involved Ooyodo she better be a frequent drop. ;>;

My luck is still crap regarding her and Unryuu.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #763 on: January 12, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »
I managed to find a jp wiki page on the operation: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/礼号作戦

From what I can gather, it looks like an operation related to the Battle of Mindoro?

I can't really figure out the events or background of the operation but I think I got ships involved that are currently implemented in game correct.

Flagship: Kasumi
Destroyers: Kiyoshimo, Asashimo
Heavy Cruiser: Ashigara
Light Cruisers: Ooyodo

There also appears to be three other destroyers all from the Matsu class, Kaya, Sugi and Kashi. All three of them appears to have survived WW2 based off this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_World_War_II_destroyers#Survivors
If we get Rei-go then I'll only have Ooyodo and Ashigara ready for that.... dang it.

Totaku

« Reply #764 on: January 13, 2016, 08:28:07 AM »
Ok, I've been rather busy these last few weeks since I've been working extensively with my team. We've been working on improving the En wiki, talking with Himeuta about various things and just planning out things for this year. So... let me go ahead and get started with covering some of the bases.

I'll start off with the current thing that we've done as of lately is which is completed an overhaul of the front page for the en wiki which can be viewed here: http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki

Please feel free to provide feedback on the front page as we are willing to work on improving it.

Now on to the news:

Kasumi Kai Ni Update
As you all probably know by now the destroyer that served as the flagship in Operation Rei-Go will be getting her Kai Ni on the 19th.

As we all know, this means it'll be Kasumi is the candidate.

They noted that she will require a very high level but will not need a blue print.

I'm going to say the best estimate for Kasumi is to get her between level 70-75.... 80 is you REALLY want to play it safe. I'm learning more to the former....

In addition, all the New Years lines and Haregi Kimonos are to come to an end and  the New Years Quest most likely also come to an end as the New Year Celebration Period in Japan is about to come to a close.

Also new furniture will be placed in on that update in the process.

The Winter Event

So as it has been annouced the 2016 Kancolle Winter Event is coming... and we only know a little about the event so far.

As Rune pointed out, The Event will start around Early February

It will be small scale in size and will have selectable difficulties.

It should be noted that on Hard Difficulty, the final map's difficulty will be slightly higher. So expect to be planning and strategist an attack to lead to victory.

To me this sounds like we might be expecting our usualy components to come back.... as in Combine Fleets and quite possibly armor reduction.

It should noted, in terms of an event, the last time we had a "Small Scale Event" was when we had the Arpeggio of Blue Steel Event back in December of 2013.

That event was only 3 Stages big.

So my estimation for this event is to be a 3-4 stage battle.

What could the event be?

Well as it's been pointed out be High Zealot, Operation Rei-Go is a very possible choice!

And if this is case here's the run down of how the Operation in a nutshell...

Let's go back to the year 1944 at the Middle of December.

The Battle of Mindoro, American Troops made an advance to the Philippines to managed to take out and eliminate the Japanese forces occupying the Island on December 16th. The American would take control of the island that served as a key point in thier attempt to regain control of Pacific Ocean. They would then establish an Airfield on Mindoro Island on the 20th of December.

Meanwhile after the defeat of Mindoro, Japan made preparation to launch a counter attack against the American Forces that occupied the island. And thus launched a plan to attack by sea!

The crew they would establish would be Kasumi, Ashigara, Kiyoshimo, Asashimo, and Ooyodo for the operation. With 3 Matsu-class destroyers serving as back up.

The fleet would be organized under the commander Kimura and originally planned to launch an attack on the 24th of December. However due to bad weather, the plans to attack Mindoro by Sea was delayed by 2 days. And thus the attack would be done on the 26th in the dead of the night.

At around 4 PM, the Japanese fleet would make thier advance to Mindoro. Eventually the by around 8 PM the fleet will become spotted by the American and thus the American forces attempted to battle the ships by air.

The battles for several hours as the fleet evaded through countless bombing and attacks by American troops smaller torpedo patrol boats.

Ashigara would launch an assault against the airfield while Kasumi, Kiyoshimo, Asashimo and Ooyodo would provide air cover against the planes.

During the fight they also took out 1 American Transport Ship and damaged several torpedo patrol boats and took out a total of 30 American planes out of the 120 they launched in the battle along with damaging the airfield rendering it unusable.

The fight would also result in the loss of Kiyoshimo as she would be struck by two American bombers rendering her unable to move. Asashimo came to rescue the surviving crew of the Kiyoshimo before evacuating. Kiyoshimo would then be taken out by a torpedo from PT-223 thus completly sinking her.

To the eye of the Japanese, they saw this battle as a Victory. And it would be the last organized battle which they would gain a victory within.

From eyes of others in history, especially from America, this was only a minor set back as they would eventually rebuild and repair the airfield within a few days just in time to help aid in the Luzon Invasion around January of 1945.

So yeah, this is an odd part of history, that most people don't cover because it was a very minor battle that in truth didn't really do much but maybe slightly delay the Americans a little bit in thier plans for the Luzon Invasion. But Japan looks upon this moment as an important part in the Pacific Theater that they view proudly as a victory.

Odds are, this is probably the candidate event of choice. Especially if the information from Comtiq is correct with regarding the fact that Kasumi's Kai Ni would come in time with an event that'll be tied to her... we'll have to see....

So if we're looking an what to be ready for... I would say be ready for: some night battles, more PT imps to punch, and definetely an Airfield Installation Battle.

Keep in mind though... this is NOT confirmed and is only speculation for the time being.

But it's a very likely probabilty. So be ready for this and as more news comes out, I'll try to determine what we'll likely expect for the event. Just don't expect it to be too big.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #765 on: January 13, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »
I'm all for a small-scale event, but I'm gonna be annoyed if Ooyodo is necessary for something. ;>;

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #766 on: January 13, 2016, 03:58:50 PM »
It should noted, in terms of an event, the last time we had a "Small Scale Event" was when we had the Arpeggio of Blue Steel Event back in December of 2013.

That event was only 3 Stages big.

So my estimation for this event is to be a 3-4 stage battle.
Actually, the last small-scale event we had was the Fall 2014 event which only had 4 stages in it.

Totaku

« Reply #767 on: January 14, 2016, 08:01:48 AM »
Actually, the last small-scale event we had was the Fall 2014 event which only had 4 stages in it.

I recall that being marked as a Medium Scale Event. But it was very easy that was for certain.

Course considering how the game is presented in it's current form. I wouldn't be surprised if "small scale maps" would be marked as 4 maps big since there's enough mechanics to make early stages seem easy.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #768 on: January 15, 2016, 06:24:06 AM »
I'm going to go ahead and note to everyone that the event will be inspired by Operation Rei-Go based on the recent Dev Tweets.

So everything regarding the most recent information I posted regarding the operation is now relevant for what's to come.

So I recommend prepping up what members you have of Team Rei-Go and have them ready for the event map. I will take a little bit of time to prepare a speculation analysis on the event maps while I work out some things. But for now, you know what to do.

Also for fun, if you haven't beaten the Quest "Operation Rei-Go" I recommend doing it if you have all the recommended kanmusu. If you don't then the "Monthly Counter Attack Fleet mission" for 2-5 is another thing to try so you can get a feel on what to plan for the map.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #769 on: January 15, 2016, 12:42:22 PM »
So I recommend prepping up what members you have of Team Rei-Go and have them ready for the event map. I will take a little bit of time to prepare a speculation analysis on the event maps while I work out some things. But for now, you know what to do.
I have never before wanted Ooyodo as badly as I do now, but apparently she has the same rarity as Graf Zeppelin. ;>;

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #770 on: January 15, 2016, 04:38:13 PM »
Luckily the only ships I'm missing are event ships Kiyoshimo and Asashimo. One of the team members Ashigara I'm training up right now and Kasumi I'm training slowly, also Kiyoshimo got sunk there by a PT Boat and something else so... most likely.... we'll have to see the annoying PT Boats again... nuuuuuuuuuuu.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:41:15 PM by MewMewHeart »

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Operation Rei-Go is coming...
« Reply #771 on: January 18, 2016, 06:45:50 AM »
Anyways, as a heads up Kasumi will be going Kai Ni tomorrow.

In the meantime, it's now known that Kancolle Kai the Playstation Vita game variation. Is now gold!

It'll feature all Kanmusus and equipment up to our most recent event that has been completed. So they will be ready to be launched on February 18th, 2016 now.

The question is.... where's the gameplay? This part has been left in the dark since day one. I'm getting this uncomfortable feeling like there might something wrong here... Let's hope this is not the case.
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #772 on: January 18, 2016, 12:41:23 PM »
Anyways, as a heads up Kasumi will be going Kai Ni tomorrow.

In the meantime, it's now known that Kancolle Kai the Playstation Vita game variation. Is now gold!

It'll feature all Kanmusus and equipment up to our most recent event that has been completed. So they will be ready to be launched on February 18th, 2016 now.

The question is.... where's the gameplay? This part has been left in the dark since day one. I'm getting this uncomfortable feeling like there might something wrong here... Let's hope this is not the case.
Yeah, I'm not touching it until I know what the gameplay is like. At most I heard that the fleet is fully controllable, but what past that? If it's more or less an upgraded KC, it may not be worth the time and may make you wonder why they just didn't do that for the original game.

Well, wait and see.

Totaku

« Reply #773 on: January 19, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »
Today Kasumi has her Kai Ni and now we are ready to commence as the update is now out! Once again all information is provided by En Kacolle Wiki http://en.kancollewiki.net/

You can find all your information http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2016/January_19
January 19th, 2016 Kasumi Kai Ni update

1. Kasumi Kai Ni Remodel

Kasumi will have an "extremely high [remodeling] level".
*  Blueprints will not be needed.

2. Kasumi Kai Ni B

Kasumi Kai Ni could be converted to "Kasumi Kai Ni B" at an even higher level to gain bolstered AA capability (LV 88).
This remodel will not require Blueprints or Development Materials.
It will be possible to re-convert her back to "Kasumi Kai Ni" which has more balanced stats.

3. Quests
Two new quests are implemented:

Flagship "Kasumi" Patrol the Northern Sea!
Deploy Flagship "Kasumi"! Eliminate the Enemy Fleet!

4. AACI Fire for Fleet Anti-Air Escort Ship

By equipping a High Angle gun, AA Radar and a Machine Gun, Kasumi Kai Ni B can use AACI. She can also do so using only the High Angle gun and Machine Gun at a lower effectiveness.

5.  New Furniture

Listing updated for January/Mutsuki

Mutsuki's Window *new*
Mutsuki's Table *new*
Setsubun "Bean Throwing" Set
Adult Setsubun Set
Aircraft Carrier Stained Glass *will costs a lot of furniture coins*
Aviation Battleship Stained Glass *will costs a lot of furniture coins*

6. Dynamic Furniture Coin Discount

If you lack furniture coins but still want furniture that costs a lot, you can now use a Furniture Fairy for Dynamic Furniture Coin Discount.

7. Furniture Box Opening UI Updated

Now you can choose to either open All/Half/10 at a time.

8. Slight Modification to Furniture

The two hot spring bath furnitures have been slightly updated to fit the season. The Naval Base Counter Bar now returns to normal operation.

9. Naval Base Slot Expansion Expanded

Maximum ships that can be held increased by 10 to 280; equipment maximum now 1220.

10. Isuzu Kai Ni AACI Improved

Isuzu Kai Ni's AACI effectiveness has been increased. Also, she can now utilize the Fleet Anti-Air Escort Ship AACI.

11. Mizuho & Kiyoshimo Get Setsubun Mode

Their CGs are changed slightly.

12. Setsubun Voice Implemented

Over 90 ships have Setsubun lines (both new and old).

Undocumented Dev Notes:

Ornament materials were removed.
Limited-time New Year CG and voices were removed.     Kasumi gains specialty with regards to equipment at Kai Ni and Kai Ni B:
At Kai Ni, she can equip Fleet Command Facility and Daihatsu. At Kai Ni B, she can equip large radars such as FuMO25 Radar.

So with this, you now have a whole new Kai Ni shipgirl who can do rather extraordinary things. So let's go ahead and show her off:

Kasumi Kai Ni and Kai Ni Type B

The main thing you need to note about Kasumi now is that she has a rather interesting Kai Ni which will allow her to function as either a well balanced torpedo monster destroyer(Standard Kai Ni) or as an Air Defense Destoyer (Type B). But to top it off further.... upon Kai Ni, she can... carry Daihatsu and Fleet Command Facilities and her Type B form can do this AND equip Large Radars something the only Heavy Cruisers and Battleships could only do.

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's an oversight, bug, or they simply want to make her more powerful, but she should be able to benifit from this.

In addition to that have some Setsubun Kiyoshimo and Mizuho

Now go chuck those beans at the oni and bring good fortune your way as the event draws near!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:08:22 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Signs of the US Navy is coming....
« Reply #774 on: January 22, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »
So rank rewards have finally come out for December rankers... The top rankers got a fancy treat that is unlike anything else we seen....

16-inch Triple Gun Mount Mk.7
I think it's time to say... I was right.... the US Navy is coming...slowly but surely.....

So it may be a matter of time till we start seeing Allied force Kanmusus appear in the game.
In addition, DMM's hints in thier main site where they announced the rank rewards that the ships tied to this weapon will be likely to come out anytime between Spring or later in the year.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:07:09 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #775 on: January 22, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »
So rank rewards have finally come out for December rankers... The top rankers got a fancy treat that is unlike anything else we seen....

16-inch Triple Gun Mount Mk.7
I think it's time to say... I was right.... the US Navy is coming...slowly but surely.....

So it may be a matter of time till we start seeing Allied force Kanmusus appear in the game.
In addition, DMM's hints in thier main site where they announced the rank rewards that the ships tied to this weapon will be likely to come out anytime between Spring or later in the year.

Oh yes!

Now if they can just get the mobile version out, it'll all be just perfect.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #776 on: January 22, 2016, 12:59:21 PM »
HYPE THRUSTERS ENGAGED.

It might not be a sign of Big E, but dammit I'll gladly take an Iowa or Arizona.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #777 on: January 22, 2016, 01:23:56 PM »
With our luck, we'll probably get a DD first though I'd settle for St Louis if we get a CA.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #778 on: January 22, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »
Royal
Spoiler:
Canadian
Navy when?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #779 on: January 22, 2016, 07:14:20 PM »
Royal
Spoiler:
Canadian
Navy when?
Are you suggesting we may get a Can-musu?...I am okay with this.