Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227110 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: The Second SN Operation begins August 10th!
« Reply #300 on: August 07, 2015, 01:01:27 AM »
Good news everyone, the equipment system is not a lock, but an upgrade on planes:

The new equipment mechanic will involve planes, allowing users to gain more advantage during aerial phase depends on the "training" and "usage" of said planes.

Hopefully... it'll be a simple mechanic or I'll be one sad panda.

Edit: Also Advice from the devs to novice TTKs complete E2 ~ E4 if you don't have a diverse fleet.

=========================
Edit 1 - Map Names for the event for E1 ~ E4:

Stage 1: Preparing to sortie, Second Operation SN

Stage 2: Combined Fleet to Sea of Solomon

Stage 3: Clash! Second Battle of the South Pacific

Stage 4: Straits invasion! Destroy the enemy Airfield.

======================
EDIT 2 - WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL OF THESE TWEETS I'M SCREENSHOTING:

2nd Prize for the event will be a Supply Auxiliary ship!

WHAT!? EXCUSE ME SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:27:04 AM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2015, 04:37:22 AM »
Good news everyone, the equipment system is not a lock, but an upgrade on planes:

The new equipment mechanic will involve planes, allowing users to gain more advantage during aerial phase depends on the "training" and "usage" of said planes.

Hopefully... it'll be a simple mechanic or I'll be one sad panda.
Sounds interesting in my opinion, but that's just me.

EDIT 2 - WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL OF THESE TWEETS I'M SCREENSHOTING:

2nd Prize for the event will be a Supply Auxiliary ship!

WHAT!? EXCUSE ME SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
LANDING CRAAAAAAFT.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #302 on: August 07, 2015, 05:06:29 AM »
How do things look? What difficulty level could I reasonably challenge for the event.
You definitely have the ships to roll through on medium, whether you can get through hard modo on some maps for the juicy rewards depends on your resources. The large amount of maps and the fleet locking that might come with them this time around is daunting though. Let's see if the "hard" modes on some maps will be be stupid easy like E-3 last event.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 05:10:51 AM by Calamity »

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #303 on: August 07, 2015, 10:19:42 AM »
So here is everyone (part 1) (part 2). How do things look? What difficulty level could I reasonably challenge for the event.

Gonna give my input here... Personally I'm going to say you will want to focus on normal on the most part. You can try hard in the beginning if you like, but since I can't determine anything without seeing your equipment, it's hard to decided which route you should go. But I'm going to say for your sake Rune, the majority of the even you should do it on normal. Though we also know this is going to be a rather big series of maps too... so the number of Kanmusus may become a major concern. Be ready to descend to easy in the event you don't have enough ships to make manageable group for the later portion of the event... we'll see how the event plays out... As for your CVs and CVL, I say on the most part you're somewhat set so I have no complaints there.

So yeah try hard for some early rewards, if it's too much step it down to normal.

Anyways, let me sit down and have a little talk about some of the information that has unfolded over time...

So what we know of the event as of this point is....

The Event is Large Scale and will be 7 Maps big.

There will be selectable difficulties.

The event will be carrier focused.

It'll be called "Counter Attack! The Second SN Operation!

The event will introduce a new game mechanic that'll give us something special that'll be equipment related for your carrier planes.

They'll be introducing 5 or so ships which will include Teruzuki and another ship that will be a supply axillary Ship

It'll take place within the Solomon Seas.

Combined fleets is confirmed for E-2.

E-4's title hints of a battle against a certain Airfield in the Solomon Seas...

Considering what I know so far of this event we're kind of doing a semi revisit of the good old 2013 Event Map of Iron Bottom Sound... but not entirely though... we're focusing more on a campaign that it's loosely based upon.

Operation SN

To summarize the operation: Let's go back to the year 1942 during August...

Japan was trying to take advantage of it's growing power as it started to take control of the islands to the south of Japan along the Solomon Sea. During this time, Japan wanted to take control of Guadalcanal and some of the islands along with it by establishing air feilds that they would use to both control and strength thier air forces in the area.

This was going well up until the Allied forced launched a counter measure to capture some of the airfeilds that the Japanese were establishing. They managed to pull this off well and captured some airfield and among them was one Airfeild they gain control of that would be renamed.... Henderson Field....

Eventually Japan would start a series of battles to attempt to regain control of these airfield which involved a mixture of air raids and night battles which would last over several months until in November when the one of the most bloodiest battles took place in the dead of the night... within Iron Bottom Sound

So now that we know this, let's rewind the clock a bit...

Remember that this even is based on the SN Operation... but it's also called the 2nd SN Operation.

Historically, there was no second SN Operation that took place in WWII. So what we may need to take into consideration with this event is that the event will mostly be tied to Operation SN, but take place after the aftermath had occurred from said operation.

This will be a fight to regain control of the airfields that are under the control of the Abyssals along the Guadacanal.

So what we should be preparing for is to see a lot of Carrier based battles, and to also prepare for the a lot of battles against Installation type enemies.

I'm actually anticipating that the new mechanic to the event will probably allow carriers to perform more efficiently against Installation type enemies, since before hand... they're participation was.... limited....

So we may be seeing the planes play a more valuable role soon.

My personal thoughts are, try to get familiar with the new carrier mechanics, but also remember to have your Type 3 Ammo and WG42s on the ready. Because I anticipate we will be having a harder than usual battle up ahead.

E-1 sounds like it'll be mainly a scouting mission so we'll likely expect to be using a torpedo squad for that area.

E-2 will be an assault on the Solomons which will involve likely a carrier based fleet.

E-3 will probably be a standard battle

E-4 will probably be a combined fleet campaign that'll have you fighting against someone familiar....

or... maybe a stronger, badder version of her it just seems like it's a probability considering the theme of this event.

E-5 to E-7 is unknown, but I expect it to involve more installation battles and possibly a shout out to Iron Bottom Sound

Whatever the case may be... I'm certain I'm going to go all out on this map.... I may be 80k in fuel and ammo, maxed on steel, and 60k on Bauxite... But I think I'll be more than ready. After all, you know me... Hardcore or bust!

I'm a Manly Admiral, and I shall remain this way to the end... Nothing shall stop me from doing Hardcore mode which I feel is the only way I rightfully deserve my rewards!

And if that health regen bar resurfaces for hardcore admirals... bring it on! I have been awaiting to actually challenge that since 2013! (Though honestly, they'll likely never do that again... ;_;)

Anyways for further read up on the second SN operation you're more than welcome to read over information in the Summer Event Section. Or even the book we researched on the SN Operation itself at the bottom of the wiki page.

http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Summer_2015_Event

Also... do expect me to steam daily upon event start up!
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #304 on: August 07, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »
@Totaku I'm ready to go myself on easy mode although my buckets, steel, and bauxite are ok, but fuel and ammo might be a problem, but I'm ready to go and show how much dedication I've put into making sure I have more Kai Nis and this time buckets to take on the Solomons. My carriers are ready my BBs are raring to go including Italia, my DD Kai Ni count is slowly rising and my blood is boiling to kill some abyssals. I'm nervous though... but I want that Akizuki class ship especially.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #305 on: August 07, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »
Hmm... judging from all that info, I wonder if we'll get a new Abyssal who looks like the Nightmare of Solomon herself, haha.

Also, I'm determined to do well this event since... I... only cleared E-1 during last year's event which cost me Unryuu and Ooyodo. ;>;

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #306 on: August 07, 2015, 06:38:27 PM »
Hmm... judging from all that info, I wonder if we'll get a new Abyssal who looks like the Nightmare of Solomon herself, haha.

Also, I'm determined to do well this event since... I... only cleared E-1 during last year's event which cost me Unryuu and Ooyodo. ;>;
I'll be glad to dance with the abyssal version of the Nightmare of Solomon herself.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #307 on: August 07, 2015, 08:27:50 PM »
E-4 will probably be a combined fleet campaign that'll have you fighting against someone familiar....

IT'S FINALLY TIME FOR REVENGEANCE

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2015, 03:05:07 AM »
Whee, another kanmusu Kai'd.  Abukuma's weird for her Kai Ni when I get there though I noticed.  Some stats go up, some go down, and she gets a bunch of equipment and stuff.

Currently at 2-3, with 1-5 uncleared yet because I haven't gone back through and tried to do it the right way wherein I could get my fleet to the boss node since my first attempt at such earlier on.  At my current point I could probably do it though I'm pretty sure, so I prob will just because.

2 days til the event, I wonder what I'll get from it...?  I'm obv only gonna try easy since if people are looking at Normal even with lv. 60-90 shipgirls I know my little Lv. 20-somethings will do all of nothing there, haha.  Still, what a time to start playing on, I guess!  Should be exciting.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2015, 03:43:20 AM »
We're both ready to go, but first I need to conk out:

Totaku

« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2015, 11:57:51 AM »
I'm going to go unvail something that has been unearthed in Japan...

Not too long ago, Japan held a special Kancolle Event where they gave a preview of a few important things.....

The Event, The Mechanics that'll be introduced, and the animation suprise!

http://kancolle.doorblog.jp/archives/45861464.html

The New Auxiliary Ship

On August 9th, a special Kancolle event was held where some of the Seiyuus that unveiled some thing things regarding the event.

Among the Seiyuus was Nomizu who has done the voices of Abukuma, Kinu, Shoukaku, and Zuikaku. In a doodling autograph she signed to someone... she unveiled one more Kanmusu she's voicing....

Hayasui (on the bottom right)

That name may be unfamilar to you... and for good reason... It's kanmsus that has yet to be unveiled and will likely be released this event!

The explain things further.... Hayasui is actually... fleet oiler!

Which suggests that Hayasui is the new Auxiliary Ship that will be introduced this event!

Chance are Hayasui will probably play a role in supporting ships by likely acting as a supply reverser and carrier supporter. So she'll be very unique compared to most kanmusu and you'll likely want to aim for her since she may become very important for longer maps and routing!

In the meantime you can read up on Hayasui
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_fleet_oiler_Hayasui

The Plane Mechanic System

Will now become more unique compare to before! How? Well your planes will now have... a leveling system!!! So according to the live event, you will be able to now train planes and as they level, thier stats will improve with time as they continue to shoot down other planes! One can assume that ultimately in the long run you can possibly improve planes into something better... such as....
making a Tenzan torpedo bomber level up and become... a Tenzan (Skilled) plane! Think of the possibilities with this!

Shoukaku and Zuikaku Kai Ni

In a news article, there was news reported regarding Shoukaku and Zuikaku's Kai NI....

It turns out... that these two kanmusu will be needing a special item to upgrade! The item can only be found through this event that is coming up! As for will Shoukaku or Zuikaku get thier Kai Ni in the start is still unknown....

Kancolle: The Movie

Remember when the anime ended? And they said "More is to come?" Now the answer has been unvailed!

There's going to be a Kancolle animated movie in production and it'll release in.... 2016... here's hoping it'll turn out well and maybe fix up somethings from the anime. ^^;

The PV was revealed at the live event and will likely be posted later on in the internet in a few days from now.
I think the hype from this event is now much stronger than before... way to feed the excitement... RIGHT BEFORE THE EVENT!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:20:48 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2015, 05:16:59 PM »
Alrighty, Hayasui is definitely my target for the event now. I don't know what she looks like, but she sounds like she'll be awesome.

Also need to pick up two of those items for the event for the Shoukaku sisters... I hope it's not a hard-mode medal though.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #312 on: August 09, 2015, 06:22:42 PM »
Oh man, movie AND anime? As long as I get my 6thDesDiv episode part 2 I'll be happy (and maybe Amatsukaze will show up S2 as well...please?)

My current resource count before the start of the event:

Only a bit worried about my bauxite and bucket count. Although 300 buckets was more than enough for me in the last event, but that was because E-1 to E-4 was such a joke in Hard mode that I didn't use up much buckets in the end. Now we'll have to see if it might be just as easy in this event...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2015, 08:01:33 PM »
Welp, here we go. This is where my resources stand at the moment. I also sent out expeditions that I'll be collecting tomorrow before starting.

It kinda sucks that I'm still working for a little over a week, but I'm gonna try and finish what I can so I'm not strapped for time by the end of the event.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #314 on: August 09, 2015, 08:45:38 PM »
Wow I guess the plane mechanic is gonna be nifty for me then since I use CVs a lot and Kancolle movie heck yush!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:02:39 PM by MewMewHeart »

Jq1790

« Reply #315 on: August 09, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »
Oh right I wasnt saving resources or anything...whoops. oh well!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #316 on: August 09, 2015, 09:13:21 PM »
The Plane Mechanic System

Will now become more unique compare to before! How? Well your planes will now have... a leveling system!!! So according to the live event, you will be able to now train planes and as they level, thier stats will improve with time as they continue to shoot down other planes! One can assume that ultimately in the long run you can possibly improve planes into something better... such as....
making a Tenzan torpedo bomber level up and become... a Tenzan (Skilled) plane! Think of the possibilities with this!
Actually now that I think about it, I wonder if there'll be a different way to level up scouts or if they're just non-levelable since they can't actually shoot down other planes for the most part.

In addition, I wonder if Akashi will be related to this.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2015, 02:01:44 AM »
And so we wait.

EDIT: Ack, double posted accidentally. ;>;

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #318 on: August 10, 2015, 02:24:17 AM »
So who's ready to watch me get rekt tomorrow on twitch! </3

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #319 on: August 10, 2015, 05:35:11 AM »
I am rightfully ashamed.....only 80-odd buckets, and resources at regen cap. Easy-modo time.....

Totaku

« Reply #320 on: August 10, 2015, 06:57:56 AM »
Ok for anyone who hasn't followed the maintaiance notes, they've unvailed that there will be.... 7 Kanmusus that you can get from this event!

I sure hope you have the space for them! Because it sounds like we're going to have a big hunt on our hands!

Also maintaiance was extended... it'll take up to 9 hours from the time the  game went down (11 APM JST) to complete...

The event and the game should go live at 8 PM JST.... I will be posting update notes when the time comes in another post.

Edit: It's been delayed an extra hour and a half.... so 9:30 PM JST.....
In the mean time have some  images of Secret Kanmusu X

And Secret Kanmusu X 2

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:00:53 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »
I am rightfully ashamed.....only 80-odd buckets, and resources at regen cap. Easy-modo time.....

^This is so me right now.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #322 on: August 10, 2015, 11:47:23 AM »
While we're waiting for the event to start, here's some Kancolle Arcade PV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=17&v=gvBAH2YMneY

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #323 on: August 10, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »
Funnily enough, you can see the images of most of the girls on Danbooru.

Also, seems like someone ordered
Spoiler:
an Italian destroyer.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:59:36 PM by Kasu »

Totaku

« Reply #324 on: August 10, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
It's time, It's time....The Second Operation SN has begun!!!!

The event has finally taken place and now we are about to enter the ultimate battle as we return to the Solomon Seas!

Once again thanks to http://en.kancollewiki.net

August 10th, 2015
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2015/August_10th
Counter Attack! The Second SN Operation Event Update

For information on this update, please visit the summer event page.

1. Time-Limited Map "Counterattack! Second Operation SN" Begins!

KanColle Summer 2015 Event "Counterattack! Second Operation SN" is implemented and the operation has begun! The operation period will be roughly 20 days this summer. This operation is a *large-scale* operation.

2. Regarding "Counterattack! Second Operation SN" First-Part Operation (Main Operation)

This portion of the operation consists of four maps:

Map 1: Preparation for Second Operation SN!
Map 2: Combined Fleet, to the Solomon Sea!
Map 3: Confrontation! Second Southern Pacific Ocean Battle
Map 4: Charge into the Strait! Destroy the Enemy Airfield!

3. Encountering New Kanmusu in the First-Part Operation (Main Operation)

Fleet completing the 2nd map "Combined Fleet, to the Solomon Sea!" will encounter the new kanmusu of this summer... Shiratsuyu-class Destroyer Kawakaze. Admirals completing the last map of the main operation (4th map) will rendezvous with the aircraft fuel oiler Hayasui.

4. Regarding Combined Fleet

Map 2 "Combined Fleet, to the Solomon Sea!" and Map 3 "Confrontation! Second Southern Pacific Ocean Battle" are maps involving Combined Fleets. To form a combined fleet, form the main fleet in your first fleet and an escort fleet in your second fleet, then drag the icon for the second fleet over the icon of the first fleet.

4. Regarding Special Equipment & Items Obtainable During Summer Event
By completing the 3rd map "Confrontation! Second Southern Pacific Ocean Battle", it is possible to incorporate the new carrier-based plane Type 97 Torpedo Bomber (Murata Squadron) into your fleet. It's also possible to chance the plane type via completing a mission.

By completing the maps, new items may be obtained, including consumable items such as battle rations and maritime resupply.

New Kanmusu encounterable via completing maps do not vary due to difficulities, but item and equipment awarded will change depending on difficulty chosen.

The Type 97 Torpedo Bomber (Murata Squadron) is obtainable on all difficulties.

5. Regarding "Enhanced Expansion"

New item "Enhanced Expansion" allows a single Lv30 or higher Kanmusu to equip an auxiliary equipment (such as Repair Team/Goddess and Battle Rations) which doesn't take up a regular equipment slot. Available from the item shop, but multiple copies of this item are available from the summer event.

7. Regarding "Battle Rations"

Battle Rations is a new item that can be equipped. Between battles during the same sortie, there is a chance of the item activating. The activating Kanmusu will gain a large morale boost, and the ship directly next to her (slot above and below) will share the ration and gain a slight morale boost.

The ration is expended upon activation.

8. With Regards to New System "Plane Expertise"

Fighters, Dive Bombers, Torpedo Bombers, recon planes and such, can now gain expertise level by engaging in battles and scouting. Planes with higher expertise level will now have stripes in their equipment slot to identify them.

9. Effect of "Plane Expertise"

Planes with higher expertise level will be able to perform better during battle and recon (including contact/spotting). It is now possible to see bigger results by using planes with high expertise level.

10. Gain/Loss of "Plane Expertise"

The "Plane Expertise" level goes up if the plane is used repeatedly in battle, but will be lowered if high amount of loss is suffered. If it is completely eliminated, the expertise level is reset.

The plane's performance will never be lower than current status, however.

11. Regarding the Expanded Operation (Extra Operation)

It is possible to participate in the expanded operation by completing the four maps of the main operation.

Note that Map 5 is an operation to a different front, so please consider how to divide up your forces.

Admirals completing Map 5 can participate in the further expanded operation "Operation FS". The second stage of the expanded operation, "Operation FS", begins tomorrow (August 11th) at 18:00 (JST). Map 6 and 7 will be available at that point.

12. Addendum to "Second Operation SN" Main Operation

It is possible to encounter new kanmusus via defeating enemy main forces even during the main operation. During the main operation, apart from what we introduced earlier (Kawakaze and Hayasui), it is possible to encounter seaplane tender Mizuho and Shiratsuyu-class destroyer Umikaze.

13. Addendum Regarding New Items Implemented Today

Multiple copies of each item implemented today - despite being available in the item shop - can be obtained from this event. Also, they can be gained via completing repeatable quests and such even after the event. Please utilize them at your own pace.

Good luck to you as you are about to partake in a massive battle up ahead. May you all have fun as you engage in a full scale battle for the remainder of August!

I will be streaming each night of the week so be ready for me to post my stream on a regular basis as usual...

WARNING!! THE SOLOMON SEAS ARE CURRENT UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE ABYSSAL REPORTS HAVE INDICATED 6 DIFFERENT NEW TYPES OF ABYSSAL!

4 OF THEM ARE LATE MODEL ELITE DESTROYERS THE OTHERS ARE UNKNOWN! EXCERSICE CAUTION WITHIN THE SOLOMON SEAS!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:31:50 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Jq1790

« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2015, 07:51:09 PM »
...Yup, this is definitely what a seven star map should be doing to me.  So far I've not even made it to the boss node once since I always wind up with at least one critically damaged shipgirl by the end of the node right before it that I wind up at.  I...don't think I can even expect to progress much since my bucket supply's gonna get wrecked or I'll have to wait forever to get a girl repaired, I dunno.  Oh well, these events seem designed for people in midgame and later so someone as early as myself I guess was never gonna have much luck.  Still, might try poking it a bit more just to see if I can even reach the boss once.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:56:27 PM by Jq1790 »

Totaku

« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »
...Yup, this is definitely what an eight star map should be doing to me.  So far I've not even made it to the boss node once since I always wind up with at least one critically damaged shipgirl by the end of the node right before it that I wind up at.  I...don't think I can even expect to progress much since my bucket supply's gonna get wrecked or I'll have to wait forever to get a girl repaired, I dunno.  Oh well, these events seem designed for people in midgame and later so someone as early as myself I guess was never gonna have much luck.  Still, might try poking it a bit more just to see if I can even reach the boss once.

The first and most important advice I can give to a new player is this....

Do not try to jump into the event right off the dot! You should be taking a chance to work on your kanmsus and powering them up. And while that happens information be coming in from others who already partook in the event and you'll start getting a better idea what to do. Do also remeber, there are 20 days to this event and the devs have said that even new players SHOULD be able to reach the end of either E2- E4 and get some of the prizes from the event.

So take your time and train some, come back to the event and see if things can change around!
Now I Twitter

Jq1790

« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2015, 08:15:44 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking I just need to get some levels and maybe some modernizations going on. Gotta be sure not to take too many attempts by switching kanmusus around or I'll run out of viable fighters for later maps if I somehow get to E-3 and suddenly need non-blue-tagged girls to field.

Thinking I might just for now try pushing on in the main missions, try to get a bit stronger.  If I don't do much this event I'm not gonna worry too much; I'm only rank 17 so I kinda shoulda realized I might not get to do everything right from the get-go.

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2015, 09:53:37 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking I just need to get some levels and maybe some modernizations going on. Gotta be sure not to take too many attempts by switching kanmusus around or I'll run out of viable fighters for later maps if I somehow get to E-3 and suddenly need non-blue-tagged girls to field.

Thinking I might just for now try pushing on in the main missions, try to get a bit stronger.  If I don't do much this event I'm not gonna worry too much; I'm only rank 17 so I kinda shoulda realized I might not get to do everything right from the get-go.

If you're on easy mode (which you must be, with an HQ level of 17), fleet-locking is ignored. The ships will still get tagged, but you can deploy them wherever you wish.

It is recommended to include Kikuzuki among the ships you're training for E-1. She gives you an easier path as long as you have no carriers or subs in your fleet.

And if you can make it to E-2, you can find some extremely rare ships at the boss node, such as the carrier Unryu, who allows you to complete quests that grant powerful carrier equipment.

I don't care about Unryu, but there are some people here who do...

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2015, 09:55:51 PM »
Man, there's so much ship locking in this event. I'm going to have to wait for the guinea pigs scouting groups before I take a dive in this.