Author Topic: Can not get two certain fangames to run... (Language locale issues)  (Read 1781 times)

Basically, I need to set my system locale to a certain language in order for said games to work. And I do it correctly, as far as I can tell. The OS reboots and literally everything is on the language that the game needs. Then I also use Applocale "Run as Japanese locale as admin" command as well. It just wont work... I don't know what I am doing wrong! Help?

The two fangames in question:

"Blizzard of Faith & Revenge" > Needs to locale to PRC simplified Chinese. Which I did. It doesn't shows the text in-game (Which I am almost convinced is because of the locale and not another error of any kind. I may be wrong but the next game has no such excuse)

"Shin Gyakuten Touhou" > This one needs Japanese locale apparently and also the good old AppLocale itself... It simply does not boot, end of story. NO matter what I do....wtf...

Re: Can not get two certain fangames to run... (Language locale issues)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 12:40:59 AM »
Have you tried just changing the system locale and not using AppLocale along with it?  It should be redundant anyway.

Re: Can not get two certain fangames to run... (Language locale issues)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 06:54:00 PM »
Have you tried just changing the system locale and not using AppLocale along with it?  It should be redundant anyway.
Yes I also tried to use them both independently (So one time I use System Locale alone, then next time I use AppLocale alone, then I used both... none of those work).