Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F  (Read 247394 times)

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F
« Reply #450 on: February 09, 2015, 02:44:59 AM »
Didnt someone said NG+ was bugged,making the enhanced bosses not appear due to challenges of "Having all characters" Completing? I think you need to get the NG+ provided here that doesnt come with maribel and renko in order to avoid that

IIRC it was the Deformed Bosses that bugged out thanks to the Sealing Club, and you can do NG+ without Maribel and Renko just by doing an NG+ after beating Ame-no-Murakamo but before beating the enhanced version of it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #451 on: February 09, 2015, 05:15:00 PM »
If you really want to make Rinnosuke an attacker, his selling point is how high his durability still is in an offensive build... after you get enough points. That's a -lot- of points, though. It's much more realistic to make him a support, where he can reach top-grade tankiness whilst there's still time to use it. Unfortunately his innate skills take too many skillpoints to become decent, too... but subclass 3 point cost skills can get the job done.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #452 on: February 10, 2015, 12:39:13 AM »
Before my hdd borked I had super super grinded on my LoT2 and spent loads of monies on my characters at the Volie. Almost everyone's elemental affinities were around 54-84 on average. (Characters like Komachi was about 80-90 for every affinity). And I also leveled up normal stats to around 100-200. Yeah, I went ham on farming.

Even after that, some bosses were still hard and I had to not be stupid.

Anyway, I really like Rinnosuke as a monk. Gave him a bunch of training manuals (I still haven't given him enough) and watch him do some fairy decent damage while also being durable as heck and having some pretty strong heals. I love Monk Rinnosuke.

« Reply #453 on: February 12, 2015, 02:55:28 AM »
Well, don't I feel silly.  For the longest time, I've always thought that the game moves too quickly for me to see the damage text, both on enemies and on me.  Today I learned that the game speed can be manipulated by the refresh rate of my monitor.  I'm pretty sensitive to frame rates in most modern 3D games, so I have a monitor whose refresh rate is at 144Hz, for the extra smoothness.  What this means is, I'm running super turbo mode LoT2.  Great for grinding levels though, no doubt.

« Reply #454 on: February 16, 2015, 01:35:56 AM »
So a while back, someone (I forget who) posted a charagraph pack for LoT2 using the images from Puppet Dance Performance.  I went and adapted those images in turn to LoT1:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddpogo2ubf1m7q8/PDP_CharaGraph.rar

I'm not 100% happy with how I sized the large faces, and may redo them later, but I was throwing this together quickly to use on a draft run I'm slowly picking away at with a friend.

« Reply #455 on: February 16, 2015, 01:00:40 PM »
I still find funny How:

-At LoT1 Rinnosuke (A Human/Half Human?) Uses The Ame No Murakumo, Becoming a 18F Boss, with a buttload of unfair advantages Like 8 forms And World Shaking Military rule, and can easily wipe out the party

At LoT2 Tenshi (Celestial Youkai) Finds it And Ends at most on F12, Despite Having 2 LEGENDARY SWORDS, she ends up being much easier than Mannosuke and running most of the time from yukari/Eiki/Byakuren/Yuyuko chasing party

Will see the charagraph posted above, thankies  :3

I checked it and i find the faces fine IMO, nothing wrong with them for me
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:53:28 PM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #456 on: February 16, 2015, 02:19:48 PM »
A friend of mine actually suggested I should death the magatama/mirror shadow. It it indeed possible without intense vertigo/toxicologist, but the chances are incredibly slim.

Sorry if I am bringing up an old topic, but these bosses are completely brick walling me. You are referring to the enhanced mirror and magatama from the post-game, right? If so, are you sure that instant death works on them? I must have tried lv5 Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana on them at least 70 times to no effect. I even have Yuyuko as a toxicologist and Reisen's intense vertigo to help out.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #457 on: February 16, 2015, 02:24:24 PM »
The chances are probably so incredibly bad you have to be crazy lucky for it to happen.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #458 on: February 16, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »
Well, I just beat the mirror without abusing death. All I'll say is that silence and debuffs are your lifelines in that fight. I'm not sure about my chances with the magatama though. Does anyone have any advice?

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #459 on: February 16, 2015, 04:12:14 PM »
What I usually do is having Ran buff everyone up with her spell + the skill that makes whole party buffed. Make sure to improve her MP and MP recovery. I also have Reimu for defensive buffs and healing. Pretty much Reimu and Ran were integral part of the team until Byakuren gains the neccesary passives.

The Fallen BMXer

• Some random lurker
« Reply #460 on: February 17, 2015, 04:41:56 PM »
Got two bugged rocks in LT2 postgame content.

Does anybody know what can be done to fix this?

He That Hath Understanding, Let Him Count The Number of The Beast: For it is The Number of a Man; And its Number is Six Hundred, Sixty and Six.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #461 on: February 17, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »
Got two bugged rocks in LT2 postgame content.

Does anybody know what can be done to fix this?

Are you sure you updated to the latest translation patch? The last one was supposed to have fixed the post game bugs such as these.

The Fallen BMXer

• Some random lurker
« Reply #462 on: February 17, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »
Thanks, that worked.

Did I have to install the previous patch first, though?
Asking since after installing translation v1.2.03 I got some untranslated text in Reimu's Shrine...

EDIT:
Yay, got all achievements and explored everything!... Or so I think... After defeating the Enhanced Boss Rush I got the "After defeating the bosses the Great Tree changed [...]" message.

I looked around and didn't notice anything different. Does anyone know what changes after defeating the EBR?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:11:07 PM by The Fallen BMXer »
He That Hath Understanding, Let Him Count The Number of The Beast: For it is The Number of a Man; And its Number is Six Hundred, Sixty and Six.

« Reply #463 on: February 18, 2015, 06:41:05 PM »
I believe that unlocks 4 more postgame bosses. They're in the postgame floors.

The Fallen BMXer

• Some random lurker
« Reply #464 on: February 18, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »
If you are talking about the ones leading to Enhanced Ame-no-Murakumo then I beat them before the EBR, so that's not it...

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #465 on: February 19, 2015, 01:44:20 PM »
Beating the EBR, other than giving you another Great Question Mask and the achievement for beating it. Nothing really changes.

« Reply #466 on: February 20, 2015, 01:19:19 AM »
Then why does that message pop up?
That is bugging the crap out of me!

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #467 on: February 21, 2015, 06:17:17 PM »
Hello! I picked this game up again recently, and as I'm going through I have a couple of questions.

I know Minoriko does really well as a tanky healer (I loved her in LoT1), but assuming I want to build her like a nuke mage, is her 10 mp move strong enough to put out nice numbers? I was just wondering since I rather like the look of it.

My other question is similar, in that assuming I have Wriggle and Satori out on the frontline, would Satori be able to take advantage of Nightbug Tornado, seeing as she probably has better attack and more incentive to build offensively? Just wondering. I'm only at 3f right now, anyway. Thanks!

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #468 on: February 22, 2015, 03:11:24 AM »
Minoriko does a fairly good number (700-800 with lv 12 and voile lv 12) and also she is a decent sweeper for the next dungeon.

For the other question, I have tested it on the 4th floor with an enemy weak to Nature. I don't know if this is good or not. Satori did a little more damage (600-700) compared to Wriggle (550-650). Both are ATK-build and equally leveled.

« Reply #469 on: February 22, 2015, 12:10:17 PM »
So a while back, someone (I forget who) posted a charagraph pack for LoT2 using the images from Puppet Dance Performance.  I went and adapted those images in turn to LoT1:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddpogo2ubf1m7q8/PDP_CharaGraph.rar

I'm not 100% happy with how I sized the large faces, and may redo them later, but I was throwing this together quickly to use on a draft run I'm slowly picking away at with a friend.

As a followup: the Marisa and Tenshi small portraits in here has a transparency bug I didn't catch because I was testing it on my draft run where I didn't use Marisa and didn't notice on Tenshi, whoops.  I'll fix it and reupload when I can, probably won't be for a couple days that I can find the time though!  Sorry.

jester147

« Reply #470 on: February 22, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »
Hey there, been long time.

Very hefty grinding in LoT1 here, and there's no sign of it getting easier. 30F still have challenges, although I can defeat some of them, but not fast enough.
Meanwhile I have already defeated 3 of the 4 Ver. 2 Bloodstained Seal Bosses. More grinding in order here... What a drag.

As of this post Reimu is at Lv 385.

« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2015, 03:27:41 PM »
Hey there, been long time.

Very hefty grinding in LoT1 here, and there's no sign of it getting easier. 30F still have challenges, although I can defeat some of them, but not fast enough.
Meanwhile I have already defeated 3 of the 4 Ver. 2 Bloodstained Seal Bosses. More grinding in order here... What a drag.

As of this post Reimu is at Lv 385.

Keep it up!  27F is your best friend, due to Liliths.  In order for farming to become more efficient on 30F (ie not really having to think about the fights), it's still quite a long ways.  I think I'm about level 650 on Reimu, and it's still a bit of a toss-up between the two spots.  Insta-kill in 1 turn on 27F for ~100k exp / SP, or spend 5-15 turns on 30F for about a million.  The former certainly requires less thought, but the latter has good gear drops.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »
At lv650 if the battles are taking 5~15 turns on anything other than the absolute worst fights then your front 4 grind people aren't very good XD

« Reply #473 on: February 24, 2015, 10:47:21 AM »
Yeah, at level 650, all fights should take 2 turns or less in floor 30. Some fights might take a bit more, but no more than 5 turns.

jj

« Reply #474 on: February 25, 2015, 01:17:23 PM »
Is there a cheat table for this game yet as I never liked grinding out battle points more some so in single character play throughs.

jester147

« Reply #475 on: February 25, 2015, 05:02:34 PM »
Is there a cheat table for this game yet as I never liked grinding out battle points more some so in single character play throughs.

Please check the very first post of this thread. It has everything there, including what you seek. There's no cheat table for Labyrinth of Touhou 2 though...

« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »
At lv650 if the battles are taking 5~15 turns on anything other than the absolute worst fights then your front 4 grind people aren't very good XD

Could be less, haven't played in a while.  I do keep a perfectly even (in terms of cost) distribution of all skill levels, except evasion and useless stats (like ATK for Marisa), where most people will pump 90% of their SP into offense. Just personal preference, but yeah, not the most efficient.  It certainly pays off in final boss replays though - he has trouble downing me.

Beh just talking about it makes me want to play it again.  I have so many machine god lucifers to acquire!  Pointless grinds FTW.

Veto

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #477 on: March 01, 2015, 05:20:30 AM »
I still find funny How:

-At LoT1 Rinnosuke (A Human/Half Human?) Uses The Ame No Murakumo, Becoming a 18F Boss, with a buttload of unfair advantages Like 8 forms And World Shaking Military rule, and can easily wipe out the party

At LoT2 Tenshi (Celestial Youkai) Finds it And Ends at most on F12, Despite Having 2 LEGENDARY SWORDS, she ends up being much easier than Mannosuke and running most of the time from yukari/Eiki/Byakuren/Yuyuko chasing party

Will see the charagraph posted above, thankies  :3

I checked it and i find the faces fine IMO, nothing wrong with them for me

Actually I never once had a hard time with cootiesuke in lot1.. not even in my very first playthru (though I was prob over level in that one because yukari caused me so much grief in my first playthru, and had to gain some levels for her).

Tenshi on the other hand is a far more intimidating boss to me in lot2... particularly the 2nd time you fight her.. the 3rd less so, but dat 2nd battle.. ugh.. But even the 3rd isn't a cakewalk. In lot1 I find rinnosuke is pretty much a guaranteed cakewalk if you can pass the first phase without much grief. And world shaking military rule is not really a large factor at all because you just save up your big nukes like master spark for the final phase and it ends like that...and saving them up is easy cuz cootiesuke is a complete pussycat after phase 1.

Tenshi on the other hand can 1shot people for me, and if you try and DARE buff their defenses...she has a NEW way to 1 shot them... She's more like Lot1's eiki IMO, only where her random 1shots are random instead of predictable.

jester147

« Reply #478 on: March 02, 2015, 06:54:43 PM »
And after very long time of grinding in LoT1, finally defeated
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos

Little rant here:
Spoiler:
I hate it when this beast decides to use Magic Drain on my key buffing and healing characters, depriving me of defenses. And I hate it when he manages to oneshot Yukari with Steel Slasher or use Rasetsu Fist against Reimu, in 2nd and 3rd slot, respectively. I have Meiling up front all the time, and I'm baffled with the boss' targeting. It also happened on some bosses too. It pissed me off so bad. After losing buffers and healers, I just got loose with everything I have, so it's full damage rush. Since the boss is rather slow, I can switch like no tomorrow with Chen, shuffling through nukers with ease. I managed to defeat him, despite the odds.

tl;dr The game's RNG can be shit sometimes.

Party:
Spoiler:
Reimu lv 452
Remilia lv 414
Patchouli lv 415
Chen lv 491
Meiling lv 445
Minoriko lv 452
Youmu lv 426
Nitori lv 447
Ran lv 416
Yukari lv 413
Rinnosuke lv 408
Eiki lv 419

Now for some more grinding to prepare for the next boss...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:00:08 PM by jester147 »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #479 on: March 05, 2015, 01:33:23 AM »
Actually I never once had a hard time with cootiesuke in lot1.. not even in my very first playthru (though I was prob over level in that one because yukari caused me so much grief in my first playthru, and had to gain some levels for her).

Tenshi on the other hand is a far more intimidating boss to me in lot2... particularly the 2nd time you fight her.. the 3rd less so, but dat 2nd battle.. ugh.. But even the 3rd isn't a cakewalk. In lot1 I find rinnosuke is pretty much a guaranteed cakewalk if you can pass the first phase without much grief. And world shaking military rule is not really a large factor at all because you just save up your big nukes like master spark for the final phase and it ends like that...and saving them up is easy cuz cootiesuke is a complete pussycat after phase 1.

Tenshi on the other hand can 1shot people for me, and if you try and DARE buff their defenses...she has a NEW way to 1 shot them... She's more like Lot1's eiki IMO, only where her random 1shots are random instead of predictable.

Question: Do you buff SPD in those Tenshi fights? Because I found out long ago that it's possible to do so without her using her Sword of Hisou. As long as you focus on just SPD buffs and don't max it out at 100%, she won't use it. This is what makes Aya almost essential to not having a rough time with her, as she can act first no matter what, is insanely fast, can pass free turns to others as needed, and both actively and passively buff SPD. Regardless of which strategy that you use against her, more speed, and thus more turns to use against her, is always a good thing.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...