Author Topic: Tokiko Quest  (Read 97402 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Tokiko Quest
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2014, 06:52:41 AM »
>check inventory
>recall in more detail our relationships with mystia, keine, mokou, and our boss at kourindou. and do we have any special history with any other staff/students?
>what rumours about reimu/sanae/marisa's personalities are there?
>what is the scarlet family doing nowadays and what is their current relationship with the academy?
>You currently possess:
-Your wallet: This contains your student ID card, around 8000 yen, and a photo showing yourself and Keine, with Mokou in the background.
-Earphones: Good for listening to music with. You need something to play the music though.
-Keys: You can use these to lock or unlock the door to your apartment.
-Ring: A dull looking ring that somehow manages to shine... Wait. You don't recall owning a ring like this.
>You have been friends with Mystia since Elementary school, where the two of you first met. You didn't have many friends at the time and Mystia thought that you looked lonely and started to hang out with you. The two of you have been best friends ever since. Since you always got better marks than Mystia, you would help her with her studies whenever you had time to kill and Mystia would treat you to food at her family's restaurant in return. You also enjoy simply spending time with Mystia, since she is your best friend.
>Keine was always a strict mother to you. She would always make sure that you ate a balanced and nutritious diet, finished your homework before you did anything, kept both your room and yourself neat and tidy, and always listened to you whenever you had anything on your mind. No matter what you do, you know that Keine will always be willing to hear you out and offer advice if you want it. Keine works as the director of the local museum, a job that keeps her fairly busy for the most part. Whenever she does have time, she usually spends it doing something with you. Right now, Keine is abroad for work, which is why you are currently living by yourself in your apartment.
>You're not entirely sure what Mokou is to you. Something like a cross between a father figure and that really laid back uncle, you suppose. You're not entirely sure how Keine and Mokou came to know each other but the thing that you are sure of is that the two of them have known each other for an incredibly long time and would trust each other with their lives. Mokou would occasionally join you and Keine on your trips abroad and would always make the trip that much more fun. When you were younger, and Keine couldn't take you overseas for whatever reason, Mokou would take care of you until Keine came back. At school Mokou likes to insist that you should join one of the sports clubs that she manages and is always interesting to talk to.
>You don't really know how to describe your boss, Rinnosuke Morichika, as anything other than weird. Though he runs an antiques store, he takes value in the strangest things. He seems to know Keine quite well, which is how you managed to get the assistant position at his store so easily. Sometimes, you feel that he simply lives in a different world to everyone else and it can certainly feel as though you've just entered an alternate reality when you walk into his store. He seems to have a lot of interesting stories about how he used to travel when he was younger, though he isn't really one to talk much unless prompted.
>You don't really have any special history with any of the other staff or students at Scarlet Academy.
>Attractive, athletic, multi-talented, and incredibly intelligent, they say that Reimu Hakurei is the worst type of person. Reimu has ranked first in every single class she's taken and is one of the few students that managed to get into Scarlet Academy's scholarship program. In fact, most people didn't even know that Scarlet Academy had a scholarship program until Reimu came along. Though she may seem like a great person on the surface, if you interact with her enough times, her true nature will begin to leak through. Or so they say, anyway.
>Sanae Kochiya, like Reimu, is also attractive, athletic, talented, and intelligent. She usually ranks second in most of her subjects. Always willing to help, no matter how small or large the problem may be, a lot of the teachers like to rely on Sanae to help around the school. Similarly, many students also confide their worries and troubles to Sanae. However, there are rumours saying that a student that looks a lot like Sanae can be seen walking late at night around the city while being accompanied by older men. But that's just a rumour.
>The ever cheerful Marisa Kirisame may not be as smart as the other two members of the student council, but she is the most athletic by far. A lot of the sporting clubs look up to Marisa and are constantly trying to recruit her, though their offers are always rejected. That isn't to say that Marisa doesn't like sports, she always fills in as a stand-in whenever necessary, she just says that she's far too busy with student council work to properly participate in a club. Apparently, a lot of things tend to go missing whenever Marisa is around, though that's just got to be a coincidence.
>You have no idea what the Scarlet family does, other than the fact that they own a lot of companies. You know that Sakuya Izayoi, the principal of Scarlet Academy, and Meiling Hong, the office lady, are associated with the Scarlet family though you don't know what their exact relationship is.
>Remilia Scarlet attends Scarlet Academy and is in her final year of study. From what you've seen, other students don't dare to approach her and she has a rather frightening demeanour.
>Flandre Scarlet, Remilia's younger sister, also attends Scarlet Academy and is in her first year of study. Apparently, Flandre is in a class that consists of only one student and very few people have seen her on the school grounds. You have seen Flandre once and noted that she lacks the dignified presence that her elder sister has.

> Consider if we have schizophrenia
>You do hear voices in your head telling you to do strange and inexplicable things sometimes.

>_
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:52:23 PM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2014, 12:04:20 PM »
OK guys, GM stated early on that our friends are Mystia, Aya, and Hatate. We should probably bear that in mind.

>Do we know anyone named Kagerou?

>"Aya, today has been pretty weird. I just want to get through this, OK?"
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2014, 12:14:47 PM »
>Do we know anyone named Kagerou?
>"Aya, today has been pretty weird. I just want to get through this, OK?"
>You do not know of a person named Kagerou.
>"Yeah, whatever. Just saying that trying to throw me under the bus like that is not cool."
>"Are you ladies finished?"
>Ran is giving you and Aya a disapproving look.
>"Yes. Sorry, miss Yakumo!"

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2014, 02:16:32 PM »
>"Sorry Miss Yakumo."

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2014, 03:49:01 PM »
>remember that we are running with a lie.
>But when does a lie become the truth?

Don't lynch me.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »
Regarding the lie thing, this is far from an unsalvageable situation, though I can't think of anything that doesn't involve a good deal of embarrassment.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2014, 04:22:40 PM »
Personally I'd rather stall until we can get our footing, both with the interpersonal stuff and the questy ring thing.

We need to come to some sort of consensus on where we're going with the Mystia relationship, and I think that will inform what we tell the tengus.
My vote is that we try to let Mysty down easy. We're best friends, and we haven't actually done anything romantic, disregarding PescoTewi's lies.
However, seeing as how we're not alone with her, we just have to play it by headwingear.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2014, 04:31:09 PM »
Or you could just play it the normal way and say "I was just trying to be funny, you guys took it way too seriously.  Sorry I got us in trouble."
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2014, 04:37:56 PM »
Joke run amok is the best thing to go with in my opinion.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2014, 04:57:48 PM »
(Deleting previous post because it was written in a rush and didn't cover everything)

I guess I'm gonna be alone in wanting to run with it and see what happens. My thinking on this is two-fold (well, three-fold if it becomes impossible to ignore my history of Mystiashipping in RPG).

* Point 1: I think Mystia's reaction pretty strongly implies she's interested in us. Aya's text was fairly innocuous; I'd think Mystia's response, were she uninterested, would have been to shoot back something along the lines of "wtf r u talkin abt" instead of making a huge scene. Going blood red and marching right on over to us seems more an indicator of someone that wants us and is just finding out from an unrelated third party that, apparently, they actually do have us.
* Point 2: If we're going to guess wrong, I would much rather pretend to be sincere when Mystia isn't interested than brush it off as a joke when Mystia is interested. The latter is, at the very least, a really really shitty thing to do to someone.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »
If we're going to guess wrong, I would much rather pretend to be sincere when Mystia isn't interested than brush it off as a joke when Mystia is interested.

That is how we end up with School Days Bad End imo. 

The cold dead thing in my chest that was once capable of feeling other people's emotions suggests that the best way to resolve that kind of thing is in private with Mystia, not in the middle of class/with bonus people around. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2014, 05:19:36 PM »
If we're sincere and Mystia says no, we respect our friend's feelings and continue on with life. Not sure how Bad End that is?

Privacy would be nice but I get the feeling we're not going get it.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »
I exaggerated for luls.  What I mean is, if we pretend to be sincere and Mystia is interested, then we have to break it to her at some point that we're not interested.  In my book that's more of a jerk move than admitting the deal in class today was a joke.  You know, unless we're being serious. 

So I guess the question we need to work out for ourselves first is - are we interested?  And that, I think, is going to change on an author by author basis, and poor Mystia's heart is gonna asplode.  So I hope for her sake she's not interested. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2014, 05:34:54 PM »
Well, one of the beautiful things about text adventures is that we can decide that at the very last minute if need be. Personally I'd prefer to be interested, partly because TokiMyschi is cute and partly because I think Mystia's genuinely interested in us and (pretend I pasted Point 2 here).

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »
>"Sorry Miss Yakumo."
>Ran gives a small sigh before continuing in the direction of the staffroom.
>You follow Ran into the staffroom, where she asks the three of you to take a seat.
>"I want the three of you to tell me exactly what happened in my classroom today."
>"Firstly, Miss Shameimaru, what were you doing with your phone in my class earlier?"
>"Nothing, miss Yakumo. I just received a piece of surprising news, which is why I jumped out of my seat. I did nothing else."
>"If that is the case, would you mind showing me your phone?"
>"Sure thing, just one moment..."
>Aya begins rummaging through her right pocket in an overly dramatic fashion.
>"Hmm? Where's my phone gone..."
>Aya pulls out a rather dated phone from her left pocket. A quick glance as Aya opens up the inbox on this phone tells you that this phone only has one received text message.
>"Oh here it is. Here you go, Miss Yakumo."
>Ran inspects the phone that Aya is showing her and then lets out a sigh.
>"Miss Shameimaru, could you please request that your mother does not send you texts during class time unless there is an actual emergency?"
>"Will do, miss Yakumo."
>Ran then turns to Mystia.
>"So? Miss Lorelei, why were you disrupting the class by making a fuss near miss Kamishirasawa's desk?"
>"Um... Well... That is..."
>Mystia's face starts going red again and she quickly looks to you for help, though she looks away as soon as her eyes meet yours.

>remember that we are running with a lie.
>But when does a lie become the truth?
>You really should clear up this misunderstanding, one way or another.
>If everyone believes in a lie, isn't it the same thing as a truth?

>_

ActionDan

« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2014, 09:56:16 PM »
>"Excuse me miss Yakumo, but I believe I can explain the situation.  You see, it seems the entire class seemed to have received a message saying that me and mystia hooked up.  Except apparently Aya.  Which isn't surprising, since objectively, she's unpopular." 
>"So you see, it's all some prank.  Probably by Tewi."
>sit back and relax into the comfy plush staffroom chair.

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2014, 01:23:37 AM »
>"Excuse me miss Yakumo, but I believe I can explain the situation.  You see, it seems the entire class seemed to have received a message saying that me and mystia hooked up.  Except apparently Aya.  Which isn't surprising, since objectively, she's unpopular." 
>"So you see, it's all some prank.  Probably by Tewi."
>sit back and relax into the comfy plush staffroom chair.
>"Hey!"
>Aya pouts at being called unpopular.
>"So that was just a prank...? Oh, yeah, that makes sense... Of course it was just a prank, haha..."
>Mystia, on the other hand, is looking oddly depressed.
>Ran sits back in her chair.
>"Hmm. Is that so? However, miss Kamishirasawa, that does not explain your outrageous behaviour in my classroom. Would you care to explain yourself?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2014, 01:31:45 AM »
Well, there you all go. Knew she had feelings for us.

ActionDan

« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2014, 05:35:22 AM »
>"Well I couldn't just say nothing!"

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2014, 06:09:37 AM »
>"Well I couldn't just say nothing!"
>"However, there was no need to act in such a crude manner. I am rather disappointed, miss Kamishirasawa, I wasn't expecting this sort of behaviour from you."
>"Regardless of what happens in the classroom, you need to be mindful of the fact that you are at school to learn."
>"Such disruptive behaviour shows a lack of respect for both this institution and your peers."
>Ran continues to lecture you in this manner for about 10 minutes before she comes to a close.
>"If this sort of incident occurs in my class once again, I will be contacting your parents. Now go and make sure you behave in the rest of your classes today."

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2014, 08:58:22 AM »
>Does she know we only have one adopted parent?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »
>Does she know we only have one adopted parent?
>She should, she just happens to be addressing the three of you as a group.

>_

ActionDan

« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2014, 10:03:52 PM »
>goodness gracious
>"Yes, Miss Yakumo"
>walk briskly to next class

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2014, 10:52:05 PM »
>goodness gracious
>"Yes, Miss Yakumo"
>walk briskly to next class
>At least she didn't lecture you for too long.
>Aya and Mystia give similar words of agreement before the three of you leave the staffroom.
>As soon as you leave the staffroom, Aya stretches and yawns.
>"What a pain that was."
>Outside, you see Hatate waiting for the three of you.
>"Huh, thought you'd be in there longer."
>Aya shrugs.
>"Managed to dodge the worst of it. Thanks for lending me one of your phones, by the way."
>"No problem, figured it might come in handy given the situation. More importantly, what's actually going on between Mystia and Tokiko?"
>Hatate turns towards you and Mystia.
>"Are you two seriously going out now?"
>It is currently recess, unless you feel like heading to your next class early.

>_
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:08:04 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2014, 11:14:27 PM »
>Have we ever done anything with Mystia that can be construed as "going out"? Like going to the movies together or sleepovers or what not?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2014, 11:29:25 PM »
>Have we ever done anything with Mystia that can be construed as "going out"? Like going to the movies together or sleepovers or what not?
>You used to hang out with Mystia regularly after school at cafes, parks, shopping centres and the like, when you were younger. You still do, actually. You are best friends, after all.
>You've watched movies together with Mystia on occasion. It's been a while since you've gone to the theatres together though, since Mystia tends to be busy with helping her family's restaurant whenever the good movies are airing.
>You have had a sleepovers Mystia's house when you were younger. Similarly, Mystia has had sleepovers at your place too.
>Once you entered high school Aya and Hatate joined your group for after school outings, whenever they weren't busy with their club activities.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2014, 12:35:20 AM »
I want to say we're best friends and we're together a lot, but we haven't gone past that yet. If we do, Aya and Hatate will be the first we tell.

Dunno exactly how to spin the thing today. We should at least tell them that we were late and called Mystia to help us get through the gates. Maybe more than that?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:38:46 AM by O4rfish »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2014, 02:17:54 AM »
Dunno exactly how to spin the thing today. We should at least tell them that we were late and called Mystia to help us get through the gates. Maybe more than that?

Possibly add on that when we sent the "yes" text to Aya, that it kind of came subconsciously. That event should be brought up because at some point, Aya will probably show the text message chain to Mystia.

We had never considered dating Mysty before, but now's as good time as any to see if we start developing feelings. Hopefully this is just a minor setback. And a girl who still loves you despite such a misunderstanding is a girl worth pursuing.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2014, 02:20:50 AM »
> "It depends."
> Look at Mystia
> "Would you like to?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2014, 03:10:14 AM »
> "It depends."
> Look at Mystia
> "Would you like to?"
>"H-Huh? W-W-What?"
>Mystia, who had been quiet for a while, suddenly becomes flustered and goes red once more.
>"D-Didn't you say that was a prank?"
>"Oh?"
>Aya and Hatate both look at you and Mystia with mischievous grins on their faces.

>_