Author Topic: NSP Mafia - Game Over  (Read 62012 times)

Re: NSP Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #480 on: August 09, 2014, 10:59:39 PM »
Quote from: NNR 387
Something bugs me about the way he responded D2 to SB's death, he was clearly surprised that SB had no role, as if he were planning that SB actually had one.
You think this might have something to do with the fact that SB's last game post was an attempt at convincing the entire game he was some sort of day-doctor role? Could you describe why this is glitchy for you?

NNR's vote on Polaris is once again a policy vote, and worse it asks leading questions but doesn't give direct answers to those questions as if we're suppose to come up with the answers ourselves in a fill-in-the-blanks scenario.

Can I at least get a statement from everyone voting Polaris that each of you believe Polaris is a Scum Roleblocker, because I will search through your posts all of day three, and every time I post I will rotate between those of you that don't in order, even during Lylo.

« Reply #481 on: August 09, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »
I can't tell if there is a scum intent behind Zakeri's posts or if he really is town helping town out ):

« Reply #482 on: August 09, 2014, 11:24:47 PM »
I guess I should make a Zakeri Investigative Report and then weigh the two.

which i'll do in ~2 and a half hours because i have a thing i have to be doing.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #483 on: August 09, 2014, 11:38:04 PM »
Do you honestly think I have a case on BBM? Because I don't, it's functionally impossible given the gamestate.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #484 on: August 09, 2014, 11:56:08 PM »
I can't tell if there is a scum intent behind Zakeri's posts or if he really is town helping town out ):

The problem with the case is that Bard is the only one who has town intent behind his vote. NNR is prob. scum and Raikaria just got tired of arguing with Bard and gave up. And I feel like Bard's whole deal is more sanity preservance than town agenda as well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #485 on: August 10, 2014, 12:08:34 AM »
NNR: Pitiful Townie or Criminal Mastermind?
Here's a hint: It's not the latter.

NNR's cases have largely consisted of riding on the coattails of others' cases. BBM cites NNR's vote on Raikaria in Day 2 as an example; NNR's vote on me is another example, given that he initially accepted my claims but changed his mind while under the influence of Bard
I should remind you that Bard had already moved on by that point, in both cases. Hell, it was my case on you that made him reconsider, apparently.
This could be simply a consequence of Bard being loud and annoying, but is it possible that NNR is a scum mastermind taking advantage of others' cases in order to appear like he's scumhunting without actually putting in the effort?
I don't even think I read Bard's Raikaria case and I mostly skipped over the slapfight between you and Bard, honestly. It wasn't even motivated to play any more until I realized that I thought [your slot] was scum after all.
Furthermore, he goes an extra step to discredit BBM's opinions. The reason?
The reason is because BBM is trying to discredit me and get me lynched, obviously.
Perhaps he is scum, trying to force a mislynch on me.
Apparently being a counter-wagon to you makes me scum. Hmm.
Or perhaps he is just confused and disoriented. Is NNR deserving of our sympathy, or should we lynch him?
It's quotes like these that make me want to quit the game again :/

NNR has made several supposed "townslips" during the game. First of all, he asks the mod whether scum are able to act and kill in the same night. Secondly, he mentions how SB hadn't been posting, having "forgotten" that SB had been killed overnight. Normally, scum would be aware of both those things, so at first glance it seems unlikely that NNR is scum. But! There is the possibility of scum faking obliviousness as an artificial way of boosting his "town cred", so to speak. The question: is NNR cunning enough to be capable of such a deceptive art? Or is NNR actually just unaware?
@Admins: I'd like to request a tinfoil-hat-wearing emoticon please.

NNR seemingly contradicts himself in Day 3: following my claim, he says he'll be set on Zakeri or Shadoweh. However!! Recent posts have revealed that he is absolutely unconcerned with either Zakeri or Shadoweh.
It's like I changed my mind after circumstances involving a slot that has had a hugely irritating presence throughout the entire game has suddenly been revealed to have the most bullshit role of all time. How can I ignore that and go for the lurkers that I've essentially been waffling on throughout D2? My desire to play was at rock bottom before DNA was probated, but now it's not, and I'm actually scumhunting now. Go figure!
His comments on Bard and BBM seem out of place as a result, since they are hardly due for a lynch any time soon. What is the reason for this discrepancy? Is NNR just town, faltering on his own opinions? Or is he scum, who never had opinions to begin with?
I don't think Bard is scum and I don't think BBM is scum, he's just making a bad case on me. I'm not even faltering on my opinions, I'm just giving a scenario in which BBM could be scum. The thought he is actually scum is somewhat nonsensical and if it isn't you should be reading him as the criminal mastermind, not me.
Just saw this when I was looking over NNR's posts again. NNR, are you seriously making the same mistake as Bard by going "Polaris is telling the truth" -> "DNA is lying" -> "DNA is scum" -> "Polaris is scum"? Because I already had this discussion with Bard B(
You guys share the same slot. DNA's shortcomings are identical to your own, and it's perfectly valid to consider his actions when considering  yours. I think you're trying to avoid SOMEHOW getting lynched even though your slot has been caught so hard it's redder then a ravenous fleet of human-eating fire trucks.
NNR's post where he condemns Raikaria (town heroism? or scum exasperation?) and
What about it?
it is extremely easy and convenient for scum to mislynch my slot to death (but NNR could just hate DNA)
Occam's Razor applies here. Sometimes the reddest player actually is scum after all.

Can I at least get a statement from everyone voting Polaris that each of you believe Polaris is a Scum Roleblocker, because I will search through your posts all of day three, and every time I post I will rotate between those of you that don't in order, even during Lylo.
There's no reason not to assume he isn't a roleblocker. While that's a fallacy, we have no way to trace a roleblocker anyway aside from assuming that BBM and Raikaria aren't roleblockers from their roles. This would apply to Polaris/DNA if not for the fact he has no way now to prove his role and besides that his claims have been hugely unreliable and blatant fabrications so far.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #486 on: August 10, 2014, 12:16:45 AM »
Polaris, how the hell did you completely flip-flop your opinion on me in 6 hours anyway?

NNR's vote on Polaris is once again a policy vote, and worse it asks leading questions but doesn't give direct answers to those questions as if we're suppose to come up with the answers ourselves in a fill-in-the-blanks scenario.
And shouldn't this be the other way around?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #487 on: August 10, 2014, 12:17:26 AM »
Seriously, fuck all of you guys.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #488 on: August 10, 2014, 12:20:46 AM »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #489 on: August 10, 2014, 12:42:25 AM »
##Vote: NNR
I really super mega ultra deluxe do not like the wagon on Polaris, what is even going on here?
You know, its no wonder we both can't post much if you take the words right out of my mouth.

Bardykins: Do you remember Choose your Anonymafia? You remembr Mirai Nikki, who claimed lie-detecting vanilizer and flipped Town Tree-stump? That was DNA. Does that help explain why it's believable that DNA would do this as town? The entire reason a wagon on Polaris is forming right now is because he uncleared himself. It reminds me of Mafia Rules where Edible wanted to lynch Schezo badly for claiming the mod told him something would happen that everyone would immediately know whether it happened or not. The 'proof' of Polaris being lying scum would be coming from Polaris. I hadn't thought about them purposely trying to town-clear each other but that just seems, I don't know, really risky if they knew there had to be real roles out there?

It's like I changed my mind after circumstances involving a slot that has had a hugely irritating presence throughout the entire game has suddenly been revealed to have the most bullshit role of all time. How can I ignore that and go for the lurkers that I've essentially been waffling on throughout D2? My desire to play was at rock bottom before DNA was probated, but now it's not, and I'm actually scumhunting now. Go figure!
You guys share the same slot. DNA's shortcomings are identical to your own, and it's perfectly valid to consider his actions when considering  yours. I think you're trying to avoid SOMEHOW getting lynched even though your slot has been caught so hard it's redder then a ravenous fleet of human-eating fire trucks.
It's like you changed your mind right after it was revealed you would actually have to work to mislynch people instead of being out of the pool. <_< Saying that Polaris has been 'caught' ignores the fact that Polaris is the one who brought it up in the first place. He caught himself? Damn, Town MVP right there!

Oh yeah:

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #490 on: August 10, 2014, 12:53:25 AM »
It's like you changed your mind right after it was revealed you would actually have to work to mislynch people instead of being out of the pool. <_< Saying that Polaris has been 'caught' ignores the fact that Polaris is the one who brought it up in the first place. He caught himself? Damn, Town MVP right there!
It wouldn't be far-fetched for Polaris to use that meta to make DNA look just like an idiot who can't claim, and then clean up using his own different claim to try and clean up the mess.

But that relies on me doing role-spec and relying on meta!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #491 on: August 10, 2014, 01:10:20 AM »
Requesting a votecount please

« Reply #492 on: August 10, 2014, 02:21:17 AM »
It's you, Bard, and Raikaria piled on Polaris,
Then BBM and I piled on you.
I think Polaris is still voting for me if he hasn't switched to you, and Shadoweh still isn't voting.

« Reply #493 on: August 10, 2014, 02:22:02 AM »
#343 - I replace in, and claim.

#352 - NNR says the claim changes nothing, and would still focus on Zakeri and Shadoweh.

#357 - Bardiche changes his mind and votes me.

(I argue with Bardiche for a bit.)

#387+ - NNR changes his mind and votes me. WOW!

Now let's take a look at this quote.

It's like I changed my mind after circumstances involving a slot that has had a hugely irritating presence throughout the entire game has suddenly been revealed to have the most bullshit role of all time.

GEE! It's pretty clear that NNR changed his mind after I suddenly claimed, and not, oh, you know. Forty posts ago?

« Reply #494 on: August 10, 2014, 02:30:28 AM »
Not to mention the huge contradiction wherein you guys believe my claim, realize that DNA is a filthy liar, and then decide that DNA is scum, therefore I am scum, all the while believing my claim?????????????? And then I'm suddenly lying because I told the truth?

##Unvote
##Vote NNR

And don't even get me started on NNR going "OH EM GEE! Polaris just flipflopped his opinion on me when I suddenly became a viable wagon!" because if you look closely, you can see that I started doubting my read on NNR way before Zakeri showed up, and even before Raikaria seemed to waver on his vote on me. No, I started doubting when you said "omg I don't understand BBM's priorities? is he....... the third scums?!?!!?!?" and even before that, when you completely ignored Shadoweh and Zakeri to make useless comments on irrelevant people.

Excuse me for being unable to contain my irritation, but this is just too much.

« Reply #495 on: August 10, 2014, 02:51:47 AM »
I ate dinner and calmed down.

##Unvote

give me a moment to read things over again.

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #496 on: August 10, 2014, 03:07:03 AM »
holy shit did anyone else read NNR's posts since I left? I would say PLEASE LYNCH THIS VERY SCUMMY MAFLORD but it would sound like a joke and it isn't.

First, let's see his argument for why he dropped Raikaria- he didn't think there would be a role that could visit someone uselessly, roleblock, AND kill someone on the same night. Cool, but when he dropped Raikaria on D2, it wasn't proven that he would have to be able to do all three of those things- only that he would have to be able to do the first two things. So nice try thanks for playing.

Then he says I'm lining up lynches even though I don't see how anybody could possibly interpret from my posts that I want DNA/Polaris to be lynched today. I said that if town REALLY WANTS to lynch Polaris, they should at least promise that they'll lynch NNR after I die. Next up, he talks about how he's the easiest mislynch to make in the game. This is firstly just AtE because the Polaris slot is a 100x easier lynch to pull off. But if he wants to argue BUT THAT'S  A SCUM SLOT SO IT'S NOT A MISLYNCH, Shadoweh and Zakeri have also done jack shit (which is his excuse for not talking about them btw), so they are also easy mislynches.

Next up he talks about how Raikaria being scum is as likely as me being scum off crazy setup-spec. Cool smokescreen; I never said that your reason for dismissing Raikaria being a FV was bad. In fact I said it was actually a good point. What I said was scummy was that AFTER MAKING THAT POINT, you then said that Raikaria being a FV cleared him. Also what's the point of you talking about how you don't consider setup-spec when you vote if you're then going to eventually consider it?

Next up there's him arguing I could be scum. ok. I firstly did in fact try finding Skypal's scumbuddy on D2. Admittedly not as much as I could have, but I was sort of lazy. Also, I HAVE explained why I think DNA is town. True, all my defences were battered down by Bard, but I've still given a lot of reasons why I think DNA is town. Sure he says later that he doesn't ACTUALLY think I'm scum but then what's even the point of talking about all this stuff???

Also I'm pretty sure Bard only "moved on" past DNA/Polaris for a small time where he thought that Polaris's new claim made sense. Before that, he still thought DNA was scum but just gave up pushing him as scum. Next up he tries to say I'm discrediting him. How am I doing so, other than just making a case in the first place?

Later is more AtE when he goes "it's sentences like 'should we lynch NNR' that make me want to quit again". NNR has been playing mafia for years. If sentences like "should we lynch NNR" actually make him want to quit games as town, I don't know what to say.

Next up is: YOU ARE THE MOST OBVIOUS SCUM THEREFORE YOU ARE SCUM BY OCCAM'S RAZOR. Wait a sec... wasn't NNR talking about how he was an easy lynch earlier? Generally, people who are "easy" to lynch are the ones who are more "obvious" scum. So yeah this whole thing is pretty hypocritical.

« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2014, 03:21:54 AM »
Bardykins: Do you remember Choose your Anonymafia? You remembr Mirai Nikki, who claimed lie-detecting vanilizer and flipped Town Tree-stump?

THANKS DARKNINJA B(

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #498 on: August 10, 2014, 04:14:51 AM »
ftr I'm not voting NNR because I'm waiting for a votecount. For some reason I don't want to accidentally hammer or something. Or have caused Polaris to hammer a few posts ago :V
It wouldn't be far-fetched for Polaris to use that meta to make DNA look just like an idiot who can't claim, and then clean up using his own different claim to try and clean up the mess.
Why wouldn't he just keep riding the claim that everyone was reading his slot as town for?
Seriously, the idea that his claim was untenable or something keeps being brought up for no reason. No one was questioning the claim. Why wouldn't Polaris just let it ride and post pictures of Celery?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #499 on: August 10, 2014, 05:37:32 AM »
I said I was reading things over again but that was kind of a lie. I was mostly trying to ignore mafia for a while.

I feel kind of bad for overreacting, but NNR's posts were just kind of ugh. Namely the quotestripping post in which NNR went out of his way to defend himself. For the record, that post where I listed everything in re NNR wasn't an attack on NNR. I was listing everything that might help determine his alignment in order to straighten out my thoughts. #2 and #4 would have been townie things, while the others were scummy things. I left the answer open so that I could come back to it later after I finished what I was doing, esp. since I needed to reevaluate Zakeri who had made his comeback, so there was no conclusion yet. After all, if I had actually decided that NNR was scum, I would've changed my vote at that stage. Sorry if my intentions were misunderstood.

By the way, making a post with quotestrips is a surefire way to get everyone to hate you. (Or, at least, it'll get me to hate you.)

As an addendum, the line saying "Bard had moved on by that point in both cases" is blatantly wrong. BBM and I had an exchange where he specifically corrected me that Bard still had his vote on Raikaria when NNR also voted Raikaria, so I don't know how NNR ended up with that for his response. This isn't even scummy, it's just negligent.

« Reply #500 on: August 10, 2014, 05:46:45 AM »
tl;dr

my list of things regarding NNR is NOT a list of "why he is scum"

it is a list of "what topics should i consider when trying to determine NNR's alignment"

It's pretty clear NNR misunderstood it as the first one, but even so, I think his reaction is a bit excessive.

« Reply #501 on: August 10, 2014, 05:50:49 AM »
I am absolutely certain that NNR only has two votes on him, but Shadoweh is making me vote-paranoid. B( For all intents and purposes my vote should be considered on NNR.

« Reply #502 on: August 10, 2014, 05:54:09 AM »
WAIT HOLD EVERYTHING

« Reply #503 on: August 10, 2014, 05:55:40 AM »
BBM are you still here? Are you absolutely positive that your track failed, and it wasn't roleblocked?

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #504 on: August 10, 2014, 05:59:34 AM »
I'm here about to go to sleep.

The result I got was that my track failed. I didn't specifically receive the result that I was hooked, but I assume that I was?

« Reply #505 on: August 10, 2014, 06:00:18 AM »
I didn't think it was important at first, but then I saw your post and something clicked.

Vhaltz told me my action on Night 1 was blocked, which is pretty crucial. I sent Vhaltz a PM to be absolutely sure but he probably won't be on for a while to confirm.

6. You will be informed if your action is blocked or redirected.

If BBM is absolutely sure that he wasn't roleblocked, then that means his role could only have failed via ascetic/untrackable/godfather or whatever. If BBM tracked Zakeri on N2 and his role explicitly failed and was not roleblocked, then that would really mean that Zakeri is scum.

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #506 on: August 10, 2014, 06:03:13 AM »
I don't think that makes sense because if there was an actual distinction between an action being hooked and an action failing, then the ascetic would be literally negative utility for mafia. I think it's more likely that Vhaltz just used different wording.

Anyways I'll be around for a bit in the morning but I most likely will not be here for phase end.

« Reply #507 on: August 10, 2014, 06:09:43 AM »
.......that's possible. and I also forgot that DNA visited Zakeri on Night 2 so that maybe should've also failed? ?_?

I might have gotten caught up in my own imagination? But it shouldn't hurt for BBM to confirm with Vhaltz whether his action failed or he was blocked, since according to the rules he should have been informed he was blocked if he was blocked. If there is a distinction, then we should know about it before the day ends. 8(

« Reply #508 on: August 10, 2014, 06:35:47 AM »
Actually, I may as well do this.

@Vhaltz: Requesting clarification on rule 6. If someone is roleblocked, will they specifically be told that they were roleblocked, as opposed to a generic action failure message?

And now I'm going to sleep. Good night!

« Reply #509 on: August 10, 2014, 07:12:34 AM »
I didn't think it was important at first, but then I saw your post and something clicked.

Vhaltz told me my action on Night 1 was blocked, which is pretty crucial. I sent Vhaltz a PM to be absolutely sure but he probably won't be on for a while to confirm.

If BBM is absolutely sure that he wasn't roleblocked, then that means his role could only have failed via ascetic/untrackable/godfather or whatever. If BBM tracked Zakeri on N2 and his role explicitly failed and was not roleblocked, then that would really mean that Zakeri is scum.

Huh? Wait, no, if you're saying BBM was not roleblocked, then that would mean I can't be scum because I didn't take an action, which I did not because I am a vanilla townie. I don't think an Ascetic Roleblocker would even be a thing, especially since you're confirming there is a roleblocker.