Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions 5: Ask Question, Receive Answer  (Read 221930 times)

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
Re: Miscellaneous Questions 5: Ask Question, Receive Answer
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2014, 11:26:23 PM »
Does only Komeiji Sisters, Orin and Okuu live inside Palace of the Earth Spirits? So far both touhou wikis I found (well, the first 2 ones that I googled) doesn't tell me a lot and I'm kinda curious. about Chireiden itself.

Plus, I'm looking for a Reimu x Cirno english translated doujin. IIRC it ended with Cirno being attacked by Yukari or something like that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:55:56 PM by Fuyuumi »

Drake

« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2014, 12:01:54 AM »
Along with many other animals. Satori has much more than just Rin and Utsuho.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2014, 01:41:05 AM »
Does only Komeiji Sisters, Orin and Okuu live inside Palace of the Earth Spirits? So far both touhou wikis I found (well, the first 2 ones that I googled) doesn't tell me a lot and I'm kinda curious. about Chireiden itself.
You can see in the Chireiden stage from Hopeless Masquerade that Satori has tons of pets, including but not limited to a panther, a komodo dragon, and a shoebill.

Plus, I'm looking for a Reimu x Cirno english translated doujin. IIRC it ended with Cirno being attacked by Yukari or something like that.
I assume it's "Cirno and Reimu's 1 2 3"? If that's the case, it's translated on danbooru, give it a search there. It had a few more chapters released after that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:49:14 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2014, 02:04:37 AM »
I assume it's "Cirno and Reimu's 1 2 3"? If that's the case, it's translated on danbooru, give it a search there. It had a few more chapters released after that.

Yes, that's the one! Thanks, now I'm gonna dig up the translated versions and cry again ;)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2014, 01:43:47 PM »
So how exactly did the Noukarin thing start? Touhou Wiki's fandom section on Yuuka doesn't seem to offer any insight on this.

« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »
It came from 2ch, but what really made people start drawing fanart was this video

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3601894

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2014, 04:48:51 PM »
Some people here should know the music arranger Jun.A, right?  Did s/he request that his/her remixes be removed from the internet or what?  Many of them have disappeared from YouTube...

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:51:17 PM by game2011 »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2014, 08:07:30 PM »
Anyone know what doujinshi this is from? (Possible NSFW in top panel) Ahh I would also assume so since the image itself is possible NSFW but is the doujinshi also NSFW? Just really wanna know if it talks about a back story for Parsee.

EDIT: also is there a sound track for Boho Youyoumu at all? I only know of like two songs uploaded to youtube.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:25:37 PM by Colticide »
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2014, 06:51:38 AM »
It may be none of my business asking this, but what's the meaning behind the name "Maidens of the Kaleidoscope," and why was it chosen as the name of this forum?

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2014, 06:46:18 AM »
Anyone?  Please?

Drake

« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2014, 08:27:33 AM »
Anyone?  Please?
Wouldn't it be better to ask the people who've uploaded their music and had it taken down? In any case, if they weren't given permission to upload the music in the first place then you should hardly be surprised that a few were taken down regardless of who requested/reported it.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2014, 10:11:05 AM »
What is the significance of the obscenities apparent in IN's translation?

Drake

« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2014, 10:36:46 AM »
None, it's liberal translation. It's supposed to be rude, but not to that extent. IN's game translation is filled with not-the-greatest lines and in some cases is misleading from its inaccuracy, one notable example being the Ghost Team ending.

"Bitch get out of the way" is undeniably a more awesome line than the original, that being said.

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2014, 05:36:53 PM »
Can someone help me find out who's voice is used in this video when Komachi is shown? I want to find ripped off voice clips so I can try to copy that echo-reverbish effect.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »
misleading from its inaccuracy, one notable example being the Ghost Team ending.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2014, 12:09:59 AM »

IIRC, the ghost team's ending's translation implied that Eirin didn't drink the elixir but was just using it to threaten Yuyuko.  The actual accurate translation revealed that she did indeed drink the hourai elixir and was taunting Yuyuko that there was nothing she could do to her.

.......I think.  It's been a while.

The wiki has the correct info now.  A funny story, that. The original person who brought it up wasn't very... diplomatic about it so his edit got reversed.  Eventually I brought it up more politely with a request to anyone who could read Japanese to confirm and several people did so the wiki was finally corrected after leading many people to believe Eirin didn't drink the elixir, for years.

.......................I think.  It's been a while.

Tengukami

« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2014, 12:36:12 AM »
Wow, that's a huge inaccuracy alright.

Still, I like the Imperishable Night English Patch, with it's weird and hilarious dialogue that (I thought) more or less reflected the actual translation, with some creative liberties taken. Whether or not Eirin drank the Hourai Elixir, though, yeah. That would be more than a creative liberty.

Spoiler:
"Let's get this youkai party started!"

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #227 on: July 20, 2014, 12:47:31 AM »
I've been trying to translate the names of the songs used in Youkai Kori Kassen (most of which are Wanwan songs), and while I was able to translate most of them via ATLAS (because I didn't get gibberish with mostly everything), the title フォグレシアス迷夢賢者 is the only one that has stumped me. The kanji part means something like "delusional sage," but the katakana part confuses me. I think it's "fog" something, but I'm not sure what. Does anyone have a clue?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Drake

« Reply #228 on: July 20, 2014, 01:23:36 AM »

Well, if you read it, it's already pretty nonsensical.

"You may say that, but your maid is listening to you. You sure talk a lot for someone who just sits around and is cared for. "
The line is 「で、その小間使いの目の状態はどうなの?ただで直してあげるから貴方は余り喋らない。」
And should be "So, how is the condition of your servant's eyes? I'll treat them for free so let's cut the chatter". How.

Or,
Eirin   "I still don't want to die. Besides, I will be preparing the medicine with the Princess's power. It's a shame, but I can't leave it to the Netherworld's hands."
Like, what does this even mean when read as-is?

Really this is 「まだ、死にたくは無いわ。それに私は、姫の能力で作られた薬を服用している。残念だけど、冥界のお世話にはなれないのよ」
Which should be "I still don't want to die. Besides, I'm taking the medicine made from the Princess' power. Sorry, but I really can't become the Netherworld's caretaker."

This is the line that first establishes that Eirin is immortal, but it's so butchered that it loses all its meaning.

Plus we get the "humans can't get there without dying" line, which is terrible in its own right because it spawned the whole "Mokou couldn't be physically present in the Netherworld" thing, but it isn't even the point of the phrase to begin with. 「人間は死ななければならない。」 means "humans must be able to die (lit. 'it shouldn't be that humans can't die')", which is referring to the previous paragraph saying that if humans stopped dying, the Netherworld would never get any new spirits.

like ugggghhhh

Tengukami

« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2014, 01:42:06 AM »
So it seems this patch has caused a deluge of huge misunderstandings about canon that could have been avoided with adequate translations.

Not that adequate translations stop anyone from stuff far worse than "Mokou can't go to the Netherworld".

Drake

« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2014, 01:57:51 AM »
Yeah. I think the endings have been especially bad since the fans don't make the ending dialogue public because "pls no spoil endings -ZUN", so the only records of ending dialogue are the ones you get in-game... which happen to be inaccurate. That touhouendings wiki survived for a while and the ending translations were eventually fixed there, but the site's since gone offline and internet archivers just have the first translation. Touhouwiki now has summaries of the proper endings, but no actual dialogue.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2014, 04:04:45 AM »
So would you say it's safe to start showing information, in says fan games or literature, that Eirin is immortal? Or do you think there might be too much backlash from the uninformed groups?

Tengukami

« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2014, 04:09:00 AM »
Endings have been cited as in "Well, in the ending for Marisa B's scenario in UFO, it says [paraphrasing]" since forever, so I think doing the same for IN would be fine. That and IN is ten years old.

« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2014, 09:57:40 PM »
So would you say it's safe to start showing information, in says fan games or literature, that Eirin is immortal? Or do you think there might be too much backlash from the uninformed groups?

The wiki's had the correct synopsis (that Eirin is immortal) for at least several years now (exactly how many, I dunno.  ...gosh, I'm old now :|).  I'd like to think most groups would have gotten the memo by now, but I guess you never know.  ....not that it really should matter anyways, I'd think.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »
Which wiki would you be talking about? EN.wiki, touhouwiki, or touhou.wika

I just read Eirins profile on the EN. wiki but no mention of her being immortal.

« Reply #235 on: July 21, 2014, 12:55:32 AM »
Wait, what?

*looks at Eirin's article at en.touhouwiki*

Who... the hell.. butchered this...

*rummages through all the history*

.........Oh.

................................sigh, I guess the wiki still has yet to fully recover from THAT guy.  Figures. To this day poor Tony's still trying to recover what THAT GUY took away.  Guess I'd better fix this one.

EDIT:  Aw crud.  Now I can't even remember where I got what info or what was legitimate and what wasn't after his "additions" were mixed in.  And I don't really have the time that I used to.  Mweh, maybe later. I'll add back the Hourai Elixir thingy for now at least.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:11:46 AM by Tiamat »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #236 on: July 21, 2014, 01:56:48 AM »
Ehh... I thought the Wiki's had figured out how to avoid problems like that... but shows what I know lol. Would you say the En. touhouwiki is the better to use?

« Reply #237 on: July 21, 2014, 02:13:27 AM »
I can't really vouch for the wikia one.  I'm under the impression from what little I've seen of it that it hasn't been updating as much in regards to verifying the old data before the split, but maybe something changed since I looked at it years ago. *shrug*

Drake

« Reply #238 on: July 21, 2014, 03:31:37 AM »
Ehh... I thought the Wiki's had figured out how to avoid problems like that... but shows what I know lol. Would you say the En. touhouwiki is the better to use?
This was one guy that wanted things to be as accurate as possible in the way that he thought it should be. He had many good points and many bad points and he wasn't just some guy trying to spam up the place or anything; quite the opposite. He was quick, would edit everything he could and wouldn't back down, but he wasn't strictly bad and could make fairly good arguments so it was really difficult to say whether or not he should be made to stop. He lives in his own world, doesn't get along with others, is stubborn, and had obsessive tendencies. He also didn't have a firm grasp on english linguistics or consider how an article would read to a visitor. Finally, if there were no objections to a change that he found were sufficient within some often random period of time then he would implement them. Everywhere. He would literally edit through the whole wiki.

He often would create massive double standard arguments to support his ideas and reject others, which would be easily shown by him editing things really quickly and then causing a ruckus when people have arguments finding out about it later. All these things caused people to reasonably be very upset with him, and he didn't understand this. People got to the point where they would start throwing insults, and he would promptly shut down and ignore them completely even if they might have otherwise valid points. It created this violent self-perpetuating cycle of things going nowhere and getting frustrated while sudden, impactful changes were being made all over the wiki.

Eventually that and various other issues got to a boiling point, and after internal discussions he was locked out of editing and many of his various edits were thrown out.

To answer your question, touhou.wikia is pretty crap. Usually when we say "the wiki" we mean touhouwiki.net because that's where the active editors are.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #239 on: July 21, 2014, 03:56:20 AM »
Oh I didn't know at first but the en. Is just the language for the site I used, thought there was three different ones.

All of that doesn't sound fun... But thank you for explaining it.