Author Topic: Smash 4 Hype Thread - 3DS is out; WiiU hype train FULL STEAM AHEAD  (Read 121059 times)

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Re: Smash 4 Hype Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2014, 10:23:59 PM »
Oh hey, it's the mechanic that ruined tekken :V

if there wasn't any then how would jebailey get bopped by a little kid then???
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Smash is a bit different from tekken :V

I'm guessing that ground bounce will work like wall bounces and thus can be teched

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2014, 10:37:53 PM »
Yeah it'll probably be fine in smash, I just wanted to complain about it ruining tekken

JT

« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »
Speaking of leaks, what do you guys think about this? Raiden was voiced by Quinton Flynn in the other game, and if you read what the guy actually said in the interview, it doesn't sound at all like he was talking about mo-cap work. I WANT TO BELIEVE

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2014, 12:23:04 AM »
Probably Assist Trophy :V

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2014, 12:48:11 AM »
Maybe taking over that other MGS character's assist slot?  What was their name, Gray Fox or something?  Or am I losing it and nothing like that happened to be in Brawl?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2014, 01:10:57 AM »
yes Grey Fox was in Brawl as an assist

« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2014, 07:55:26 AM »
For all those doubting/"reacting" to the news (or lack thereof) of Ness, among other characters, remember the Digital Event and the in-joke regarding Mother 3? Later, that same guy asks for Star Fox, and what did we see at the end of that video? I'm just saying some folks just need to relax. Usually they announce some characters or news to coincide with an announcement regarding that series. Maybe they'll announce Ness, Lucas, etc. after they announces something like a Mother 1-3 package for example.

As for other old-school favourites, remember that the likes of Ness and Captain Falcon have been around since the first game. I highly doubt they'll disappear that easily.

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
  • This is what I can do, from me to you.
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »
Yeah, the chances of Ness being removed are virtually nil.  Honestly, I can't see any of the would-be returning characters from Brawl getting axed except Snake and maaaaaaaaybe Lucas.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »
And maybe one or two Starfox characters getting switched out.
LANDMASTER clones are getting irritating in every game.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
And maybe one or two Starfox characters getting switched out.
LANDMASTER clones are getting irritating in every game.

There was only one clone in melee and two in Brawl. There were plenty of differences between them too, especially in brawl.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2014, 09:25:21 PM »
Three landmasters was pretty dumb though, like cmon at least give one of them an arwing

Also Fox's final smash in smash 4 is still landmaster so hopefully falco's isnt the same this time

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2014, 09:31:57 PM »
Three landmasters was pretty dumb though, like cmon at least give one of them an arwing

Also Fox's final smash in smash 4 is still landmaster so hopefully falco's isnt the same this time

True, it's surprising that they weren't in arwings in the firstplace.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »
They could've given Zero Suit's new final Smash to a Star Fox character instead, but it seems we're stuck with Landmaster brigade for now

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
  • This is what I can do, from me to you.
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »
In all fairness, Arwings are probably a lot harder to implement than Landmasters are.

JT

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »
choo choo

JT

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2014, 02:39:34 PM »
So is Chrom an actual character, or what? To me it looks like he's just part of Robin's Final Smash.

Jq1790

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2014, 03:01:08 PM »
So is Chrom an actual character, or what? To me it looks like he's just part of Robin's Final Smash.
Given that Robin specifically calls for Chrom during the FS, I think it's safe to say he's probably just a Final Smash accessory at this point.

« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2014, 03:04:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ytrX0wweA

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
I AM FUCKING SHITTING MYSELF RIGHT NOW OH MY GOD

I hope Robin can be customized like in FE

i want my Miku :>
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:10:22 PM by Suikama »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2014, 03:16:22 PM »
I didn't know I wanted the Avatar so much.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »
I'm hoping Lucina plays less like Marth than it looks like she does.

All that aside hell yeah I was all hyped for Shulk and frankly that made this more of a genuine surprise.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2014, 03:25:45 PM »
So Cap. Falcon can now cancel his punch? That's hella op. :V

Maybe one day there will be more characters with the Fire Emblem emblem than ones with a mushroom.

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »
im guessing Lucina will be a true Roy replacement ie. Marth but close range instead of tippers

Also Robin uses a Leffen sword but also an Iron sword sometimes??

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2014, 03:59:23 PM »
Obligatory "YES!" at the Captain's appearance.

I'm not especially familiar with the Fire Emblem games, but I'm warming up to these new additions. Too early to say how Lucina might differentiate herself from Marth, but Robin looks like a good challenge to learn, what with the seemingly limited magic he/she gets (reference to limited abilities/supers in other fighters perhaps? probably the Namco influence here).

I also love how the trailer kept taunting us about Chrom. :V There's been so much talk about him since the Gematsu leak, it only seemed natural.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »
So updated character count

Now there are 11 newcomers and 25 vets, for a total of 36 characters so far. Brawl had 37 in comparison (39 if you count Pokemon Trainer as 3)

There are now 14 unconfirmed veterans: Wario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Metaknight, Lucas, Ness, Ice Climbers, Falco, R.O.B., Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Wolf, and Snake

If they all made it back then there would be a nice round 50 characters in Smash 4 (although Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake are looking unlikely)

There's also Mewtwo, sakurai pls

Jq1790

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2014, 05:18:03 PM »
Funen, the limited use thing for Robin's tome is actually more likely a reference to something you wouldn't know if you're unfamiliar with FE.  In that game series, all weapons(including magic tomes) have durability, with a VERY small list of exceptions.  When that hits zero, the item's lost forever.  So basically Robin's using up the durability on their tomes and then tossing their useless husks away.  They probably won't make Robin's sword(s) limited though simply so they always have a moveset to run with.  I'm guessing they'll use each tome for different moves, both A and B, and switch to a sword move for those tomes they've exhausted.

« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »
actually maybe Robin's sword also has limited durability and then when he runs out he switches to the other sword

Jq1790

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »
I was thinking about that as well, like there'll be a stronger set of sword moves while the Levin Sword is active, but once it breaks then the Iron one comes out or something so there's a fallback.  Either way Robin looks fun to play as so I look forward to that.

Wonder who all else will show up before te end of all this...?

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2014, 06:06:37 PM »
They seems to be covering major characters from all the larger releases between Brawl and now like FE: Awakening, Pokemon XY, Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing New Leaf, and Super Mario 3D World.

I think FE: Awakening was the big one they hadn't touched until now since a lot of others aren't first party Nintendo. There a few smaller series they might consider like Rhythm Heaven, Pushmo, and Denpamen.

Although there are still a number of non first party but still mostly Nintendo game series like Bayonetta, Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, Xenoblade Chronicles, Shovel Knight, Monster Hunter, Rayman (his trophy is confirmed at least), and Bravely Default (omg sakurai pls)

Oh also future series are possible too I guess like Splatoon.

Oh I guess there are still plenty of characters from new existing series like Skyward Sword's Ghirahim, DK's Dixie and Cranky Kong, and uh probably others I'm forgetting
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:17:42 PM by Captain Suikama »