Author Topic: Defence of the Ancients 2: Dreams go in, salt comes out. You can't explain that.  (Read 115163 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
A thread for talking about DotA 2. No clue why you'd want to talk about DotA 2 though.

DotA 2 is the sequel to the popular custom map DotA on Warcraft III. DotA is available on the steam platform and is free to play. You can find information about DotA 2's launch here. If you already know how steam works, the DotA 2 page can be found here. The game has no region locks so you can play with your friends from all over the world, provided you don't mind having higher ping depending on which server you play on.

Great guides for beginners, READ THEM:
> How to play DotA 2 in 4 minutes
> Welcome to DotA. You suck.
> Total newbie guide
> Lane Control
> Ultimate guide to warding
> Character guides from DotA at playdota.com (not newbie friendly due to the WC3 icons)
> Alt-tab guides for every hero

Remember to check people's profiles on the forum to see if they want to reveal their steam ID or not!

The main MotK DotA group tends to hang around on the #dots-meido channel on PPIRC.
We have players of varying skill levels so you should be able to find people around your level without too much difficulty.
We also just chat and play other games whenever we feel like it.
You should come hang out with us sometimes!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:03:26 PM by Mirai »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
 Skeleton King
- Base Intelligence increased by 5
- Removed Mortal Strike active
- Vampiric Aura now provides full effectiveness on ranged units
- Reincarnation slow increased from 30% to 50%
- Reincarnation slow AoE increased from 700 to 900

Skeleton King only needs two fingers to play again :D

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
- Can no longer orb-attack while attack restricted (such as Ethereal or Frostbite)
Fuck Huskar.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Oh yeah, for that matter:

Damnit why do you have to bring me more Salty stuff? I'm already addicted to Saltybet as it is.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
- Sprint manacost removed (was 50)

:>

- You can now continuously use Reality on your illusions
- Reality cast point improved from 0.3 to 0

I suddenly realize why I was never able to cast reality succesfully, I didn't know there was that much of a delay.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
Dreams go in, salt comes out. You can't explain that.

Conqueror

update to update
-   Fixed various tooltips
-   Fixed Armlet Toggle still having a small cooldown
-   Fixed Bloodseeker getting slowed down by haste

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Dreams go in, salt comes out. You can't explain that.

What salt? I just go to the mines.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
You're not very good at this salt business are you?

PX

• School Idol?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
I like how Silencer no longer needs Glaives of Wisdom to steal Int. Now I can build Silencer with Curse of the Silent/Last Word until level 8, grab Glaives at level 9, ult at 10 and 11, then glaives until stats. :D

I mean, glaives isn't that good until your Int is high, and Last Word/Curse are excellent harassment/killer.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
You're not very good at this salt business are you?

No. No I am not.

Nor am I good at the DotA busines either. Maybe the two will cancel each other out?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Requoting becz this is the best thing evr

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

This new patch will destroy everything we knew about the game.  :D

(I'd like to play with some MoTK people, if you'd like to play please add Namago on steam, any skill is cool!)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

DONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
(I'd like to play with some MoTK people, if you'd like to play please add Namago on steam, any skill is cool!)
You're the guy with the Meepo picture and Fred on your profile, right?

i like the venomancer changes, keep plague wards at lvl1 and max poison sting.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
culling blade changes are silly

infinite culling seems really stupid and aghanims now seems like a priority pickup to increase culling threshold

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
culling blade changes are silly

infinite culling seems really stupid and aghanims now seems like a priority pickup to increase culling threshold

in other words, Axe became Darius.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
in other words, Axe became Darius.

darius is arguably worse because he deals actual damage instead of a threshold imo- so the dunk threshold can grow and spiral out of control

and well he also has a time limit before he goes on cooldown atleast, this is pre-change darius shit here

Formless God

- Poison Attack cooldown reduced from 4/3/0/0 to 0
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
darius is arguably worse because he deals actual damage instead of a threshold imo- so the dunk threshold can grow and spiral out of control

and well he also has a time limit before he goes on cooldown atleast, this is pre-change darius shit here
How do either of those make Darius worse?

Conqueror

i think he's saying worse as in "broken gg"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
And of course neckbeards had to show up and start spewing rape jokes and stuff and ruin saltydota for me :

e: salty gets online and lols a couple of the rape jokes and stuff yeah I'm done fuck neckbeards
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:13:16 AM by helvetica »

You're the guy with the Meepo picture and Fred on your profile, right?

Hey. Yes, oops. I probably should've mentioned. This is my profile http://dotabuff.com/players/13224758. I'm new to the forum, hope it's ok to post that kind of stuff here. Add me if you wish.  :)

I'm really excited about this new patch, only things I don't really agree with is the offlaner neutral xp leech change and the nerf to sven's stun. Can't wait to play the new brood/meepo and experiment with some new invoker builds.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
I'm new to the forum, hope it's ok to post that kind of stuff here.
Yeah nobody really cares about stuff like that as long as you're not trying to solicit people or are being obnoxious about it so you're fine probably.

Personally I'm just left confused about this patch.
I mean some of the changes I see to be quite agreeable but others are more... Eh?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?

I think he means release Darius.

That said, 'Release Darius' wasn't even that bad. His only nerf before the ult change to reduce the snowballing was a very, very minor nerf to the bleed DoT, just to shut up the crying noobs who didn't know how to kite.

Axe has Blink Dagger, on the other hand. That said, the general power level of Dotes is a lot higher.